The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rebecca did WIN the final task"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

PattyMcG 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-17-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PattyMcG Click to send private message to PattyMcG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rebecca did WIN the final task"
Randall's task brought in $11,000. Rebecca's task brought in $100,000 (Yahoo donation). The fact that Yahoo decided to split it amongst both charities doesn't mean that Randall therefore brought in $61,000, and she only $50K. SHE brought in the $100K versus $11K period.

Things occurred on this series that hadn't happened before: The multiple firings for one. That means the name of the game had changed, or at least the format did. Nothing was sacred, nothing was secure and nothing was carved in stone. It was exciting actually in that it brought a great deal of suspense to the show. As well, it brought to this interview process, the reality of the REAL BUSINESS WORLD.

I do not argue that Randall is an outstanding young man and there is no doubt he will do well for himself and any organization he works for. I liked him all through the show. Aside from his smarts, he was just so darn nice, almost too good to be real. But Rebecca was as equal a shining star and I thought back on the "multiple firings" thinking that there just might be another unexpected twist, "multiple hiring".

Well, it almost happened. However, there came another big surprise. DT, the GOD (so to speak) of giving someone a real boost in life with an incredible career in an incredible organization put forth his desire to hire Rebecca also, but then deferred to the personal whim of an employee. To my great disappointment, Mr. "Nice" Guy, Mr. (previously heralded) "team" player, in his first corporate decision, played the God of NO WAY JOSÉ THIS IS MINE AND I DON'T SHARE.

Oh well, TV is all about acting isn't it. Randall deserves an academy award for his apparent 'out of character' portrayal as Mr. Nice or Mr. Sincere. Maybe an extra award for putting a very sincere great big M and E and several "I's" in the word team.

I don't know how DT really thinks (God, if I did, I'd be rich too and wouldn't have to drive such beastly cars) but outside of business dealings where one has to be tough, I get the feeling he has a deep sense of loyalty and fairness and therefore I don't think he approved of Randall's decision. He didn't override it (and that's the fairness part, since he did ask Randall to decide) but still, I think Randall came down a peg in his eyes. He came down the whole ladder in mine for sure.

Long story short though, if the winner was based on the amount of money generated for the events each held, Rebecca won the event 10 times over and I am annoyed that she was not credited with this. My opinion anyway.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rebecca did WIN the final task jbeans 12-17-05 1
 RE: Rebecca did WIN the final task Angelfood 12-17-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbeans 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-17-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbeans Click to send private message to jbeans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rebecca did WIN the final task"
DT raised the monye from Yahoo, not Rebecca. Randal is a man of his word. He told Trump she was not experienced enough or a good enough leader for the job, his winning did not change that fact.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-17-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rebecca did WIN the final task"
This is a duplicate topic, dear. Welcome to SB and please join in on one of our existing conversations.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •