The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Randal's reality"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

joedirt 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-17-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joedirt Click to send private message to joedirt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Randal's reality"
Has anyone here looked at Randal's resume or his company bctpartners.com website?
He really has 1 year of work experience (Lucent, 97-98, what happened?).
In 1997 he said he founded a company (what happened to it?)
In 2000 he said he co-founded another (what happened to it?)
In 2001 he founded another, bct partners.

What is bct partners? The company profile is chock full of the usual PC buzzwords, e.g. minority-owned, diversity program, minority supplier, disadvantaged business etc. Translation: they feed at the government quota and minority set aside trough.

As far as education, he has 5 degrees, but few if any real employers would consider that a plus. It indicates a lack of focus. With a PHD from MIT comes huge expectations from any potential employer. He appears to have been proceeding toward a carreer as an engineer, but the fact that he left Lucent after 1 year raises questions about his ability to succeed in high tech. Now he has decided to jump once again. This time into Trumps world of real estate development, something that has no relation to his background.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Randal's reality director 12-17-05 1
   RE: Randal's reality joedirt 12-17-05 2
       RE: Randal's reality director 12-17-05 5
           RE: Randal's reality joedirt 12-17-05 6
               RE: Randal's reality director 12-17-05 10
               RE: Randal's reality ARnutz 12-17-05 11
   RE: Randal's reality BrendaWalshCEO 12-17-05 3
       RE: Randal's reality joedirt 12-17-05 4
           RE: Randal's reality Donald Chump 12-17-05 9
       RE: Randal's reality director 12-17-05 7
           RE: Randal's reality joedirt 12-17-05 12
 RE: Randal's reality ARnutz 12-17-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

director 17 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail director Click to send private message to director Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Randal's reality"
Don't bring yourself this low. Why do you need to really spend time digging into someone's past like that? All this because he is the apprentice or because he didn't make the choice you would? How personal and low is this getting? What if you were in his shoes, or your children or someone you love? And they were treated this way? You need to believe that he spends govt's money, so that will make him appear lazy right? You need to believe he isn't very smart. Why do you need to feel that?

12-17-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joedirt Click to send private message to joedirt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Randal's reality"
1. I simply posted facts from his resume and comany website.
2. I don't care that he won, my wife likes the show, not me.
3. I am sure he is quite intelligent, but it is a privelage to get the scholarships and awards he did, yet they have gone to no good use for our society. As I said, the expectations a real company would have for a person with a PHD from MIT would be great. How many jobs do you think there are out there for someone with 5 degreees? In fact it is a disadvantage, to have them if you can not fullfill the job requirements. Why did he leave private industry so quickly and set up a string of small businesses?

12-17-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail director Click to send private message to director Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Randal's reality"
I can't answer because i am not Randall but i know there could be a lot of reasons other than the fact that he wants set aside minority money or govt. favors. What if it was a simple thing like when working for corporate America he didn't like the organizational culture? What if he relized while working there that he was spending hours of his life on something that had no real internal value and wants to do more for his community? Maybe he tried other ventures because he was looking for that one fulfilling thing and the business he has now is the one? Why do we in this day and time, frown upon the search and the journey? What is worth doing takes time to find.
I am sure you have met people in your life or have even felt yourself that you are not as content with what you are doing, even as you spend years doing it. Some people never change because they are stuck in a rut but maybe he could and soon too. I'm just creating other scenerios other than the negative here.
He is doing good for society but maybe mainly for his community. Isn't that an American good?
Also, would you have done this research, though with just a negative spin (government trough etc) if it wasn't because he won? You can think better thoughts, that's all. Let people complain and be angry at him but someone, somewhere can show grace.

12-17-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Randal's reality"
If he the business he has now is that one fulfilling thing, then why he is getting into realestate development.

Did not Trump have the reputation of a slum lord and enemy of low income and minorities at one time?

12-17-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Randal's reality"
I need to research that. I don't know. Did he? But on why he wants to work for Trump? Many of these contestants are doing this to gain national exposure. Everyone has read on the fact that most of the apprentices have a back office and aren't really doing anything. But the exposure for their individual businesses is priceless. Also, the compeition. Why do people climb mount Everest, or play other games. A new challenge, exposure, competitive spirit etc.

Also, where I live, real estate is a huge business and many people do that on the side as a compliment. It has long term value, good appreciation value and is a good business diversification.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Randal's reality"
Ummmm... gee, why did Bill Rancic (a multi-millionaire entrepreneur himself) take the job with Trump?

Randal has done nothing different.

BrendaWalshCEO 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-17-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrendaWalshCEO Click to send private message to BrendaWalshCEO Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Randal's reality"
>Don't bring yourself this low. Why
>do you need to really
>spend time digging into someone's
>past like that? All this
>because he is the apprentice
>or because he didn't make
>the choice you would? How
>personal and low is this
>getting? What if you were
>in his shoes, or your
>children or someone you love?
>And they were treated this
>way? You need to believe
>that he spends govt's money,
>so that will make him
>appear lazy right? You need
>to believe he isn't very
>smart. Why do you need
>to feel that?

How typical. It's pitiful to watch how when the truth is revealed people begin to backpedal and say how "THE FACTS" aren't really that relevant in the first place and anyone exposing falsehoods and discrediting them should be ashamed for doing so. Typical typical typical. LOL!

12-17-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Randal's reality"
Randal (one L on his web site) is definetly a nice guy and very intelligent. But he may have made a serious career mistake getting a lot of degrees without realizing the trap he was setting for himself.

Affirmative action and grade inflation may have set him up for a rude awakening when he left school for the real world.

The fact that he only worked one year in private industry indicates he may not have been able to live up to the pressure and expectations.

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-17-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Randal's reality"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-05 AT 03:26 PM (EST)

You know something about Bill Gates? He worked ZERO years in private industry before starting his own company!

The fact that Randal only worked one year for somebody else, followed by starting his own companies, showed that he's an entrepeneur whose abilities would have been suppressed by starting at the bottom of the ladder in a typical corporate job.

So he might have had a couple of failed companies. Guess what, the MAJORITY of entrepeneurs have one or more failed companies before and/or after their initial success. Donald Trump himself has had a number of companies that went bankrupt.

12-17-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Randal's reality"
i have not discredited the facts as written only the reasons we are assuming behind the facts and the reasons behind the investigating of the facts. There is too much of a negative spin here. Brenda if you need to, continue to live with your hatred of blacks. It's your comfort zone.

The facts are relevant but do you really know why he got five degrees, if his grades were inflated or if he got there through affirmative action? Do we really know why he left private sector? No, so the facts have nothing to do with the reason. And the reasons are up for grabs unless you speak to him. For all you who cry class and nobility, you aren't so noble and honorable now. So you are what you claim he is. Typical of what, Brenda? But as I said it is your comfort zone.

12-17-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Randal's reality"
What is wrong with my browsing his personal and company websites?

I invite you all to look at his website. His accomplishments in the high tech world for which he was educated with 5 degrees are simply not that impressive.

My beef with him is very simple, he makes himself out to be a black role model (it is driven in, over and over on his website). He has educated himself and shown leadership and for that I congratulate him. But he has not created any new product/service that people want to buy. His company benefits from taxpayers. Is that a role model in capitalist society?

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Randal's reality"
The five businesses seemed to have evolved from one another as stated on these pages here: http://www.randallpinkett.com/about/biography.asp and here: http://www.randallpinkett.com/business/past_ventures.asp The partners in ALL five are exactly the same. His first business was started out of his college dorm room!

His two Master's degrees were earned at MIT simultaneously (oh yeah, complete lack of focus there), so "switching from engineering to business" didn't happen. He earned both his M.S. (electrical engineering) & M.B.A. from M.I.T. in May, 1998. He probably had an internship with Lucent while he was earing his 2 Master's degrees, given the fact that he earned them both in the same calendar year as his stint at Lucent. AND... Lucent later gave him a fellowship while he was going for his PhD. as stated on his resume here: http://www.randallpinkett.com/about/resume.asp

...and Trumps world is not just Real Estate development.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •