The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Randall Hand-Picked from the Get-Go - minorities, glory, humanity"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mythmargaret 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mythmargaret Click to send private message to mythmargaret Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Randall Hand-Picked from the Get-Go - minorities, glory, humanity"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 04:37 AM (EST)

XXXXXXXXX PLEASE READ ME AND COMMENT! XXXXXXXXX

In the past Apprentices (no, it's not "Apprenti"...) Trump has hired two white men and a white woman. He really needed to hire a minority this season or suffer great scrutiny and indignation - with reason and rightfully so! It is embarrasing to have a national TV show on NBC for four seasons and not find one qualified minority candidate to hire in front of all America. What kind of example does that set?

That being said, I believe that Randall was an exceptional candidate from day one. I think he was hand-picked to rise to the top and be in the final. It was certainly clear from the get-go that he was excellent.

Now, I think that Rebecca surprised them all. She was really terrific.

When it came time to hire one - Randall was the choice. He had to be. And he truly earned it, fair and square. But, there really was no reason for him to keep the happiness to himself. He had won. It was over. But, he could have brought more joy to the audience, glory for Trump and been the hero of the day if he had said, "yes, Trump, what the hell - hire her, too!" The cheers would have gone through the roof.

It would not have dispersed his own glory - it would have made him even more revered and respected.

Reading the other messages tonight, I see that many, many people are saddened by what transpired. I believe that people want to see acts of graciousness, selfishness and hope. It restores our faith in humanity. Why else do we have so many movies about heroes? What happened tonight was not an example I'd show my children about how to act / who to be in life.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Randall Hand-Picked from the Ge... divagirl 12-16-05 1
 RE: Randall Hand-Picked from the Ge... sheplu 12-16-05 2
 RE: Randall Hand-Picked from the Ge... singer 12-16-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

divagirl 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail divagirl Click to send private message to divagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Randall Hand-Picked from the Get-Go - minorities, glory, humanity"
Gee, I would hope you would want your children to recognize competency when they see it so they can make the connection between earned rewards and rewards given just because your likeable. I would have been very disappointed if Randall had decided it was better to be liked than to stand up for what is right. In my opinion Rebecca did not deserve to be given a job. She didn't earn it. She had the poorest record of anyone over the last three seasons going into the final round. She didn't address her core job (raise money for charity) yet she was given a pass time and time again.

What your kids should learn is that is you follow the rules, do a good job you don't have to be a nice guy so a mediocre person can feel good about themselves.

sheplu 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sheplu Click to send private message to sheplu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Randall Hand-Picked from the Get-Go - minorities, glory, humanity"
Rebecca failed the last task! If she was ugly Trump would have never made the offer and most people would have agreed with Randal

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Randall Hand-Picked from the Get-Go - minorities, glory, humanity"
1. If you agree that Boyfriend Bill should have asked The Donald to hire Kwame or that Robot Kelly should have asked The Donald to hire Jen M or that Kendra should have asked The Donald to hire Tana, then perhaps I can consider the proposition you posit above.

2. Randal's race has no bearing on his win; his ability does.

3. The outcry against Randal appears race-based to me.

--Singer

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •