The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

freakydisco 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-18-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakydisco Click to send private message to freakydisco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
Okay, regardless of who you believe should have won The Apprentice this time around, Randal clearly went against what Trump is looking for and his being hired was such a hypocrisy. Allow me to explain:

Trump said that while most people are caught up in the TV Show angle that makes up "The Apprentice", he takes his business and the hiring of a potential employee VERY seriously. Now, I have always been a fan of both Rebecca and Randal. What bothered me about the finale was that after hearing Trump discuss the line between business and television, Randal shot down Rebecca's chance at a position by saying "This is the Apprentice. Not the Apprentae". That sudden backstabbing lack of morals shows that Randal only knows how to put pride ahead of good business. We all know that Rebecca would have recommended Randal for the second job if she had won. She spoke positively about him, despite how he belittled her performance in front of the Big Man.

If Trump believed it was about business, not about a show, why did he let Randal exclude Rebecca based on the fact that his SHOW is called "The Apprentice"? Simply because Randal did not want to share a win? That's completely selfish... especially since he is not the FIRST apprentice. He is the FOURTH. If he cared about the BUSINESS, he could have said that he did not believe Rebecca is a worthy candidate. Instead, he hung her out to dry based on a SERIES TITLE. Blatant selfishness.

On a final note, if Rebecca's education somehow creates doubt over her abilities, how did she manage to come head to head with Randal? Doesn't that prove that despite her lower education she can take on people more advanced? And how does a man like Randal, who brags about his education as being so great, end up saying "Apprentae" when the correct word would have been "Apprentices"??

Up until Randal revealed his true colors, I was undecided. Now I feel Rebecca deserved the position and I can't believe Trump didn't catch Randal in his over-glorified selfishness. Randal was scolded by all of his clients in the final task for not being there when he was needed. If he was my potential employee, I would have told him to sit down because I changed my mind. It is, after all, about good business -- not winning a contest. 'Nuff said.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy" i_hate_alla 12-18-05 1
   RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy" volsfan 12-18-05 2
       RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy" freakusmaximus 12-21-05 4
           RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy" DooWahDitty 12-21-05 5
               RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy" ginger 12-21-05 6
   RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy" travellonia 12-22-05 8
 RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy" singer 12-21-05 7
 RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy" travellonia 12-22-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

i_hate_alla 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-18-05, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
People have commented on this board that Trump doesn't give "a rat's #####" and so on about what people think of him or how he may "look" in the public eye. I completely disagree. I think he cares a great deal about his public image (he would be an idiot if he didn't). So, with regard to your post, I completely agree that his moronic mistake of trying to pull an interesting *twist* by hiring both Randal and Rebecca through Randal's win was all about SHOW, not good business sense.

If he had, as you said, told Randal to sit down because he changed his mind, it would have been really bad for him in terms of the crowd that night, since the majority seemed to be rooting for Randal (Lord only knows why).

IMO, his acceptance of Randal's selfish "Apprentae" comment had nothing to do with business, nothing to do with loyalty, and all to do with SHOWMANSHIP. I believe whole-heartedly that he was kicking himself all the way into next week!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
People have commented on this board that Trump doesn't give "a rat's ass" and so on about what people think of him or how he may "look" in the public eye. I completely disagree. I think he cares a great deal about his public image (he would be an idiot if he didn't).

I don't know if you were referring to me or not but I have used that term on another thread. I believe it to be true...as long as Donald get what he wants (in a business setting) he doesn't care what the average person thinks of him IMHO.

What part of this would make him an idiot? Mr. Trump doesn't have a service type business such as Martha where she relies heavily on how she is perceived by the public.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-21-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
I think it's about loyalty so I disagree with I_Hate_Alla. Freaky, I agree with all your points but I think the crowd would have supported the hiring of both Randal and Rebecca. Ultimately Trump listened to Randall, his employee because as a boss you have to listen to your people or they won't be loyal in return.

Now I fully agree that Randall's "Apprentae" comment was idiotic and lost so much respect for his inability to "share" the prize. Clearly Trump wanted Rebecca too and possibility wanted only Rebecca. But Trump is a genius and we're still tlaking about it a week later. So his show will thrive while others fade away.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-21-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
"So his show will thrive while others fade away."

UGH.

Sigpic by Seana

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-21-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
He certainly is getting is "money's worth" out of the nontwist this year. Look at all these thresds. Look at all the new posters.

I hate it when we make The Donald happy.

travellonia 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travellonia Click to send private message to travellonia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
Randal's comment "this is not the ApprenTIE" not Apprentae, means there cannot be a TIE. The rules stipulate that there can only be one Apprentice and Trump is alway upset if anyone tries to change the rules for their own gain. Then he turns around and attempts to change the rules. Fortunately Dr. Randal Pinkett was intelligent and articulate enough to graciously refute Donalds attempt to dilute Randals moment to soley shine in the spot light.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-21-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
The only person at fault in this debacle is The Donald for changing the rules at the last minute. That is the hypocrisy here.

In terms of your question about Rebecca making it to the finals, I do not believe that she earned the right to be there. Other players out-performed her.

However, based on what I have seen of her grit and determination, I think that she should have been offered a post-finale job, but not an apprenticeship. There was no reason for The Donald to diminish Randal's clear win.

--Singer

travellonia 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travellonia Click to send private message to travellonia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Apprentae? Try "Hypocrisy""
The word is ApprenTIE. It is not suppose to be a TIE. One clear winner and hire Rebecca later if that is what Donald wanted. People would have forgotten Randal won if he had to share. So Randal did the right thing for Randal. Dr. Randal Pinkett is not fool.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •