The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Got Wood?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

foonermints 13772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-16, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Got Wood?"
I don't know how many people heat their homes with wood. My son does, since their alternative is electric$$$$$$ity. I got him a cord of Ash. Jeez! I have forgotten how much wood that is, aside from stacking it. Ah my back!

Handmade by the incredibly talented Syren
Living in Southern California you forget these things, like "Heat".

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Got Wood? kingfish 12-03-16 1
   Kingfish: foonermints 12-03-16 2
       RE: Kingfish: kingfish 12-04-16 3
           SUN? foonermints 12-05-16 4
               RE: SUN? kingfish 12-06-16 5
                   I foonermints 12-07-16 8
                       RE: I kingfish 12-07-16 10
 RE: Got Wood? cahaya 12-06-16 6
   RE: Got Wood? foonermints 12-07-16 7
       RE: Got Wood? cahaya 12-07-16 9
           RE: Got Wood? foonermints 12-07-16 11
               RE: Got Wood? cahaya 12-07-16 12
                   RE: Got Wood? foonermints 12-08-16 13
                       RE: Got Wood? cahaya 12-08-16 14
                           RE: Got Wood? kingfish 12-08-16 15
                               RE: Got Wood? cahaya 12-08-16 16
 RE: Got Wood? foonermints 03-06-17 17
   For my old friend, No.2 kingfish 03-24-17 18
       RE: For my old friend, No.2 greenmachine 05-01-17 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19706 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-16, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Got Wood?"
The pioneering spirit!

Heat house with wood.
Hot water heat with wood.
Wood fire for still.
Wood fire for swill.
Cook with wood, even on 105F summer days.
Chop wood 7 days a week.

Them pioneers wuz a hardy bunch.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-03-16, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Kingfish:"
Inviting a personal-action remake of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

AND let's not mention "wood chippers"..

12-04-16, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kingfish:"
It's almost Christmas, and someone's son is in need of solar panels...might be easier on the back?

12-05-16, 11:40 AM (EST)
4. "SUN?"
Err.. You know there isn't any this time of year.
It's Kingston, Washington, not Jamaica. *sigh* such a shame!

Dear Old Dad would visit more often. Maybe even open up another illegal offshore account
Oh cr@p. I didn't say that!

12-06-16, 10:02 AM (EST)
5. "RE: SUN?"
Hamsters in a cage?

12-07-16, 05:22 AM (EST)
8. "I"
am still trying to figure out this response.

12-07-16, 01:25 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I"
First you have to know what tune to sing it to.

We're all hamsters in a cage,
Exchanging Glances,
Wondering in the cage,
what were the chances,
that we'd be sharing heat before the night was thru...

cahaya 19522 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-16, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Got Wood?"

Here's an old pic of the woodpile behind my house at the end of the driveway. I've since split that wood into quarters using a 5-ton electric wood splitter. The wood was leftover from the electric company cutting trees near power lines on public easement land, so I trucked 3 Ford Ranger loads back to the house. I later unstacked the whole lot, split it and restacked it, ready to go.

We don't use it to heat (although it does help), but just to have for the fireplace on cold nights and family get-togethers. There's nothing like a cozy fireplace burning on a cold winter night and during the holidays.

12-07-16, 05:15 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Got Wood?"
What type of wood is that?

12-07-16, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Got Wood?"
It's quite a mix of different trees felled by the power company, mainly oak, maple and sycamore. I did a little research online and found that sycamore isn't a very popular firewood. There are some charts out there that rate different firewood for heating BTU, curing times and ease of splitting. The sycamore, for example, can be difficult to split and it's a light wood when it's dry.

12-07-16, 02:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Got Wood?"
I used this chart as a guide before I coughed up $400 for a cord of Ash. They initially wanted to mix it with Maple, but I said no thanks.

http://www.flamingfires.co.uk/which-wood-burns-best.htm

This is MY BOOMSTICK!

12-07-16, 03:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Got Wood?"
We can get seasoned ash here for $50 a rick (which is a face cord or 1/3 of a cord). Hickory is the expensive one at $80 a rick. Most hardwood here will go for $50 a rick or $150 for a full cord, no surprise since it's mostly forest in this part of the Hoosier state.

12-08-16, 11:38 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Got Wood?"
Those are great prices. I was just stuck buying in the wrong season. I kind of knew I was going to get hosed.

12-08-16, 07:38 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Got Wood?"
There are folks in this neck of the woods (literally) who'll offer you free firewood just to haul it off their property. You just have to cut it to size, haul it, split it and stack it -- still a lot of work. I saw a few more stacks of those electric company cut wood piles on the way home today. I could pick them up, but my woodpile is still kinda high and it'll take time (and space) to season it.

12-08-16, 09:03 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Got Wood?"
Why wouldn't a gas log be a better idea? Real wood is expensive and/or takes a lot of work, invites termites, and gas is at all time cheap levels. And the gas logs are very realistic, except for the ash part. Which is another argument against wood.

12-08-16, 11:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Got Wood?"
I had the gas fake logs in the house I rented before moving to our new home. They look pretty, I guess, but the heat output doesn't compare to a good wood fire. My fireplace is dual-use wood and gas and I opted for the wood fires instead of installing gas logs. Wood also carries a nice scent which gives the living room a cozy "homey" feel.

It's more work, no doubt, with the sawing, hauling, splitting and stacking, but (for me, anyway) it's worth it.

03-06-17, 04:07 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Got Wood?"
*bump*

03-24-17, 11:36 AM (EST)
18. "For my old friend, No.2"
A Fooner bump parade.

greenmachine 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-17, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmachine Click to send private message to greenmachine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: For my old friend, No.2"
not to take away from this thread but bump

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •