The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-13, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
The Questions

Bullitt County in Kentucky has released its exam for 8th graders from 1912, how did you do?

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... tribephyl 08-11-13 1
   RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... Molaholic 08-14-13 17
 RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... kidflash212 08-12-13 2
   RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... Snidget 08-12-13 3
       RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... foonermints 08-12-13 4
           RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... Snidget 08-12-13 5
               RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... kidflash212 08-12-13 7
                   RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... kingfish 08-12-13 8
                       RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... foonermints 08-13-13 13
                           RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... kidflash212 01-21-16 19
                               RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... Agman2 02-05-16 20
 RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... SpotTheDifference 08-12-13 6
   RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... Starshine 08-13-13 11
 RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... kingfish 08-12-13 9
   RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... tribephyl 08-12-13 10
       Sad, isn't It? foonermints 08-13-13 12
 RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... HobbsofMI 08-13-13 14
 RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... KeithFan 08-14-13 15
   RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... Molaholic 08-14-13 16
       RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year... PepeLePew13 08-14-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 11885 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-13, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"

Wow! Thank goodness my eighth grade education had lower expectations, I fear I got lost on many a question. I certainly retain some of the grammar and geography essentials but...Physiology? Not to mention the sketches needed for both Stuyvesant and Rawleigh. Mixing Art and History? And what's Kalsomining?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Molaholic 8989 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-13, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
cal·ci·mine also kal·so·mine (kls-mn)
n.

A white or tinted liquid containing zinc oxide, water, glue, and coloring matter, used as a wash for walls and ceilings.
tr.v. cal·ci·mined also kal·so·mined, cal·ci·min·ing also kal·so·min·ing, cal·ci·mines also kal·so·mines
To cover or wash with calcimine.

And I'm sure the "sketch" question involved writing a biographical essay of some sort.

kidflash212 4517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-12-13, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
The Physiology part would have stumped me in 8th grade but I think I would have done decently on the Arithmetic, Grammar (although I'm not quite sure what they mean to change the Voice of the verb) and slightly worse on the Geography and History (Sketch Peter Stuyvesant? Even though I know what he looks like, the best I could do would be stick figures)

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-13, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
Passive voice/Active Voice for verbs?

foonermints 13224 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-13, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
Is that like:

"I wish I had kicked Kidflash" ..

as opposed to:

"I am kicking Kidflash"?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-13, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
Fooner is kicking kidflash

vs

Kidflash was kicked by Fooner.

08-12-13, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
This is a very painful grammar lesson.

kingfish 18727 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-13, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-13 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

Fellow KFers, KeithFan and I, are keeping out heads down.

I know what a Fooner whack is, and I hate those marsh-mellow blows. It's embarrassing.

08-13-13, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
*whack*
*WHACK!*

01-21-16, 05:12 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-16 AT 06:02 PM (EST)

Whacked by Fooner. Saw a pop up ad for that movie on a dark part of the Internet.

Agman2 1810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-05-16, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
Dark part of the internet? You mean like the place where you have to pull down your hat and put up your collar to avoid detection?

SpotTheDifference 946 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-12-13, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-13 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

Apart from the US-centric questions, I think I did decently enough, although I didn't know Montenegro was a country back then; I've always known that particular group of countries as Yugoslavia until they split up.

We did cover most of the physiology questions somewhere between the fourth and sixth grades, so I did quite well on that, and I did notice the misspelling in the spelling test . And yes, I did try some of the Arithmetic questions.

I remember one particularly nasty Geography quiz that we had back in fourth or fifth grade, when we had to stand in front of the class, draw five pieces of paper with a name of a Philippine island written on them from a bowl, and determine on a map where those islands are. Needless to say, I did rather poorly.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-13, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
We had the same sort of thing with the Orkneys, Hebrides, and Shetlands. I can still identify Mull and Iona, however I think that is probably only because I have been there.

I thought that the Maths questions were quite easy (once i had found out how much a cord is), but was woeful on the grammar ones. Interesting to see that Servia and Roumania have changed their spellings over the years. Mind you I remember that for the Italians one of the big things of the winter olympics in 2006 was to persuade the rest of the world that the city it took place in was Torino, didn't work still seems to be called Turin

The Orkneys are just orf shore, the Shetlands are shoved out further, and the Faroes are far away

kingfish 18727 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-13, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
1912 Kentucky eighth graders had to be sharp.

tribephyl 11885 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-13, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
My, how the times have changed.

08-13-13, 11:52 AM (EST)
12. "Sad, isn't It?"
Almost to the point of illiteracy.

I'll bet they're lucky to be edjumacated 'nough to the "Sphere of the Dancing Boobies"

HobbsofMI 16054 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-13, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
I'm sure that I would pass the spelling and grammar sections with no problem.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

KeithFan 7419 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-13, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
Good thing it didn't ask the top 5 states by size. It could not be answered without knowing what day the test was given.

Molaholic 8989 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-13, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-13 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

Good thing it didn't ask the top 5 states by size. It could not be answered without knowing what day the test was given.

In light of the fact that New Mexico (Jan 9) and Arizona (Feb 14) joined the union early in 1912 it's probably a safe bet that they would make the list as numbers 3 4 and 4 5 (behind Texas, Montana, and California but ahead of Nevada and Colorado).

That's what I get for going on OT during school time. Skunked -- Canadian Skunked to boot. Yikes.

PepeLePew13 25813 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-13, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Are you smarter than a 100 year old 8th grader?"
The state that you live in doesn't make your list of the largest in size?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •