The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16894 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-14, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn94B3GHcjY

It’s Friday
Jesus is praying
Peter’s a sleeping
Judas is betraying
But Sunday’s comin’

It’s Friday
Pilate’s struggling
The council is conspiring
The crowd is vilifying
They don’t even know
That Sunday’s comin’

It’s Friday
The disciples are running
Like sheep without a shepherd
Mary’s crying
Peter is denying
But they don’t know
That Sunday’s a comin’

It’s Friday
The Romans beat my Jesus
They robe him in scarlet
They crown him with thorns
But they don’t know
That Sunday’s comin’

It’s Friday
See Jesus walking to Calvary
His blood dripping
His body stumbling
And his spirit’s burdened
But you see, it’s only Friday
Sunday’s comin’

It’s Friday
The world’s winning
People are sinning
And evil’s grinning

It’s Friday
The soldiers nail my Savior’s hands
To the cross
They nail my Savior’s feet
To the cross
And then they raise him up
Next to criminals

It’s Friday
But let me tell you something
Sunday’s comin’

It’s Friday
The disciples are questioning
What has happened to their King
And the Pharisees are celebrating
That their scheming
Has been achieved
But they don’t know
It’s only Friday
Sunday’s comin’

It’s Friday
He’s hanging on the cross
Feeling forsaken by his Father
Left alone and dying
Can nobody save him?
It’s Friday
But Sunday’s comin’

It’s Friday
The earth trembles
The sky grows dark
My King yields his spirit

It’s Friday
Hope is lost
Death has won
Sin has conquered
and Satan’s just a laughin’

It’s Friday
Jesus is buried
A soldier stands guard
And a rock is rolled into place
But it’s Friday
It is only Friday
Sunday is a comin’!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... Buckaroo 04-18-14 1
 RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... ARnutz 04-18-14 2
 RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... foonermints 04-19-14 3
   RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... kingfish 04-19-14 4
       RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... foonermints 04-20-14 6
           RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... kingfish 04-20-14 10
 RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... cahaya 04-20-14 5
 RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... Estee 04-20-14 7
   RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... kingfish 04-20-14 8
       RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... kingfish 04-20-14 9
       RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... foonermints 04-20-14 12
           RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... kingfish 04-20-14 13
               RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... foonermints 04-20-14 14
                   RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... foonermints 04-20-14 15
   RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... foonermints 04-20-14 11
   RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Comin... newsomewayne 04-21-14 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Buckaroo 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-18-14, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buckaroo Click to send private message to Buckaroo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Interesting poem and outlook. A bit more explanation of what Good Friday means too... Thanks for the share!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13872 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-14, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
My Easter haiku...

Grass in your basket
Easter day is four-twenty
It's a sugar high? :}

foonermints 12969 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-14, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Sunday is God's gift.
What He did not compel Abraham to do. He did Himself.

We are a rather bloodthirsty lot, back then and still yet.
I've seen it. Trust foonermints!

I trust my Christian faith, and I will always respect others of a different outlook on their God. If it be a God of Peace.

We were all made from the same cloth. Children of the Sun.

Now go back out and play in the World. Be nice!

kingfish 17111 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-14, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Amen.

(but be nice?)

04-20-14, 05:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
To me.
Jbug too.
Perhaps Grit, but maybe not.
Pepe has "Easter Monday" and you still can't buy a drink in Can'tada.
The world is a strange place.

"Your horrible overuse of smileys will send you to Hell some day! ~misquote by Grit.

04-20-14, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
OK. But it's hard to be nice.

cahaya 19125 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-14, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
And in between is Saturday, which so happens to be DD's 10th birthday. We held a birthday party with her friends and had a nice family dinner out.

I'll be spending my Sunday assembling the 12' trampolene that she and the neighborhood kids will very likely be playing on a lot this spring and summer.

Patch's blooms

Estee 56451 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-14, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Today, tens of thousands of children were born, arriving in the world, innocent, full of hope, potential, and love.

Every last one of these children will spend the eternity of their afterlife being endlessly tortured because they were unlucky enough to be born into parts of the world where the one supposed faith which could save them simply will never reach them in any way. For them, torment is a comin'. And it will never end.

Infinite mercy.

Take a moment on this Easter to reflect on the lottery of birth. And if you say a prayer, say one for those who never had a chance.

04-20-14, 08:49 AM (EST)
8. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-14 AT 08:56 AM (EST)

edited to delete. Feels funny to do this.

04-20-14, 08:55 AM (EST)
9. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Amen.

The luck of the draw.

Especially random when other planets and universes etc. are considered.

Pity those poor aliens that don't get the chance to be saved by Pat Robertson's Evangelism just because they didn't happen to be born in the Milky way. Or on earth. Or to a nice Protestant family.

04-20-14, 02:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
wimp!

04-20-14, 04:55 PM (EST)
13. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
I have to be nice to Pat Robertson too?

04-20-14, 05:11 PM (EST)
14. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Yes.

04-20-14, 06:10 PM (EST)
15. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Tomorrow we get back to the real world.

04-20-14, 01:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
Ah! The Jewish God!

newsomewayne 9235 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-14, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming"
These are not my words, but they do reflect what I've come to understand over time. I can provide a link to them if anyone wishes.

Question: "How does God judge those who were raised in non-Christian cultures and have been taught their entire life that their own religion (such as Islam or Hinduism) is correct, and Christianity is wrong?"

Answer: This question presupposes that the ability to be saved is dependent upon where we are born, how we are raised and what we are taught. The lives of millions of people who have come out of false religions—or no religion at all—through the centuries clearly refute this idea. Heaven is not the eternal dwelling place of those who were fortunate enough to be raised in Christian homes in free nations, but of those who came to Christ from “every tribe and language and people and nation” (Revelation 5:9). People in all cultures and in every phase of history are saved the same way—by the grace of God given to undeserving sinners, not because of what we know, where we are born or how we have been indoctrinated, but “because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us” (Romans 5:5).

While some may be ignorant of the content of Scripture and the teachings of Christ, they are by no means deprived of any knowledge of what is right and wrong, nor are they deprived of the knowledge of God’s existence. Romans 1:20 tells us, “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.” In reality, it is not that some people have not heard about Christ. Rather, the problem is that they have rejected what they have heard and what is readily seen in nature. Deuteronomy 4:29 proclaims, “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.” This verse teaches an important principle: everyone who truly seeks after Truth will find it. If a person sincerely desires to know the true God, God will make Himself known.

Those in false religions are always subject to the teaching of salvation by works. If they believe they can satisfy a holy and perfect God by the keeping of rules and laws, God will allow them to continue in their efforts at self-justification until He finally judges them rightly. If, however, they respond to the goading of a conscience awakened by God and cry out to Him—as the tax collector in the temple did—“Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner” (Luke 18:9-14), God will respond with His truth and grace.

Only in Christ the Savior is a man freed from the liability of guilt, sin, and shame. Our right standing before our Judge is established on one thing only: the finished work of Christ crucified who shed His blood so we could live (John 19:30). We are released from our sins by His blood (Revelation 1:5). He has reconciled us in His earthly body through His death (Colossians 1:22). Jesus bore our sins in His own Body on the cross so that by His wounds we are healed (1 Peter 2:24). We are made holy through the offering up of Jesus’ body as a sacrifice once for all (Hebrews 10:10). Christ appeared once for all to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself (Hebrews 9:26). God sent His Son to remove the wrath that we ourselves deserved (1 John 4:10). The penalty of sin that is rightly ours is absolved by grace through faith, not by any righteous deeds of our own (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Christ’s final marching orders were that His followers preach this good news to sinners throughout the world and until the end of the world when He will return to judge the living and the dead (Matthew 28:18-20; 2 Timothy 4:1). Where there are hearts opened by the Holy Spirit, there will God send His messengers to fill those open hearts with His truth. Even in countries where preaching Christ is forbidden by law, God’s truth still finds its way to those who truly seek it, including through the internet. The stories of thriving house churches in China, conversions to Christ in Iran and other Islamic countries, and the inroads into remote areas of the world all attest to the limitless power of God’s love and mercy.

Recommended Resources: Jesus Among Other gods by Ravi Zacharias and Logos Bible Software.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •