The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I'm not sure I can resist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

micci73 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-05-04, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail micci73 Click to send private message to micci73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I'm not sure I can resist"
Okay, so I know most of us agreed that the ending was terrible and the whole show was contrived, but now that the day is here...I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to resist watching AJ2. After all, it's quite possibly the only thing on tonight that isn't a rerun. And, if I watch the first episode, I'll be compelled to watch all the others. Please, I need some help here.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I'm not sure I can resist KScott 01-05-04 1
   RE: I'm not sure I can resist LeftPinky 01-05-04 2
       RE: I'm not sure I can resist Giovanni 01-05-04 3
           RE: I'm not sure I can resist ladro 01-05-04 4
               RE: I'm not sure I can resist micci73 01-05-04 5
       RE: I'm not sure I can resist SurvivorBlows 01-05-04 6
           RE: I'm not sure I can resist Chrissy gal 01-06-04 10
               RE: I'm not sure I can resist SurvivorBlows 01-06-04 13
               RE: I'm not sure I can resist Loree 01-06-04 15
 RE: I'm not sure I can resist Traces 01-05-04 7
   RE: I'm not sure I can resist strange_encounter 01-05-04 9
 RE: I'm not sure I can resist magic_star 01-05-04 8
 Well, I admit it, I watched... KScott 01-06-04 11
   RE: Well, I admit it, I watched... tisasortofaffair 01-06-04 12
       RE: Well, I admit it, I watched... ScoobyDoo 01-06-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-05-04, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
I feel your pain, I am in the same boat, do I really want to watch this Godawful show again? But I bet my TV will be tuned to it tonight.

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-05-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
Jumping on the ship, I'm afraid... Can't believe I want to see the premiere, but....

The beauty was on the Today show this morning. She almost seemed to be apologizing in advance for liking the hunks more??? She also said she understood why Melana picked "the cute guy."

Foreshadowing...

created by the amazing JSlice!

Giovanni 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-05-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Giovanni Click to send private message to Giovanni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
Hang in there and watch my friend, Robert G., from the Big Easy, .. he can't comment on the show but my read on his body language is that it is very entertaining and she got what she was after - let's hope it is someone who can speak more than one sentence and knows how to play chess.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-05-04, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
I said I wouldn't watch, and I won't. But I will still read this board. Just to be clear, I am not avoiding the show because of pity for the average joes, I am not watching because the show is manipulative, deceptive, predictable (I picked the last five cuts, and the winner in order) and hyper edited.

micci73 22 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-04, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail micci73 Click to send private message to micci73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
Everything you said is completely true...and I'm watching anyway. I have no self-control. ;)

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-05-04, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
>The beauty was on the Today show this morning. She
>almost seemed to be apologizing in advance for liking the
>hunks more??? She also said she understood why Melana picked
>"the cute guy."

I think it's pretty clear that she picks a himbo and then the relationship goes nowhere -- just as it is pretty clear that the producers of this show are getting their revenge at every shallow hot chick that ever turned them down -- I don't think it's an accident that they cast two former Miss USA contestants.

This woman is just so spin-happy and phony, its sick. For those watching tonight -- note all the junk she said at the beginning of the show about trying to find her true love, etc. -- then note the comments she made to the press on a conference call recently:

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNews/edgeTV.bg?articleid=347

``I don't have to marry anybody,'' she said, comparing her series to ABC's popular ``Bachelorette.'' ``What kind of people go on a reality show to meet the love of their life?''

...so was she lying on th eshow -- or was she lying to the press?

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-06-04, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
I think the operative word here is "spin". She probably doesn't even know what the truth is!

I'm beginning to think that Melena wasn't so shallow after all. At least Melena sat close to the guys in the photo booth and seemed to have a good time the first night.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
>I'm beginning to think that Melena wasn't so shallow after all.
> At least Melena sat close to the guys in
>the photo booth and seemed to have a good time
>the first night.

Oh, I think Melana was pretty shallow -- her post-finale appearances in which she kept talking about Jason still "needing work" on his physical appearance cinched it for me.

I think the difference in this case is that due to her clear goal to work in the "entertainment industry," Melana was more cognizant of the cameras and the importance of her reaction.

...for her part, Larissa either is being sincere about her interest in becoming an animator, or she simply lacks the composure skills that Melana possessed.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
I noticed too how far away from the guys she sat in the photo booth.

Traces 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-05-04, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
I'm watching because I like nerdy guys. The other reality shows that show studly guys bore me.

...But I'm from Pittsburgh!

strange_encounter 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-05-04, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strange_encounter Click to send private message to strange_encounter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
Unfortunately, I did watch. What a waste of time. Carrot Top's younger brother would not have lasted 5 minutes, much less past the first cut. This is already showing signs of being staged.

But, I watch because it is entertaining at their expense.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-05-04, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I'm not sure I can resist"
I really think this show is just supposed to be more of a humorous thing than anything. NBC obviously doesn't care if we know who makes it far and who gets eliminated early on.

I don't watch Bachelor or Bachelorette but I've always watched the special ones like Joe Millionairre and For Love or Money. They're definitely much more interesting.

I'm just wondering what will be more entertaining to watch, Men vs. Women in The Apprentice or the Nerds vs. Hunks in this one. It certainly appears it will be more of a battle in this version than it was in the first.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-06-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Well, I admit it, I watched..."
and it was just what I expected, nothing but poor ME, the joke is on Me, how could they do this to ME! Waa, waa, waa. I should have watched CSI Miami, maybe next week!

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

tisasortofaffair 15 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tisasortofaffair Click to send private message to tisasortofaffair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Well, I admit it, I watched..."
That's what I did!

"I should have watched CSI Miami"

ScoobyDoo 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-06-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScoobyDoo Click to send private message to ScoobyDoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Well, I admit it, I watched..."
I think the show is very entertaining. True is manipulates the main girl and all of the joes and even the hunks (with the behind the scenes camera) but do you really feel like it manipulates the viewer? I guess I can see that it did last time, but this time we know most of the twists. And all of the people on the show agreed to go on reality TV. People all over the planet are being truly oppressed and manipulated everyday, and they didn't volunteert to go on reality TV. I can see that the show manipulated the emotions of some viewers last time who were really glad to finally have an average joe to root for. But if you find the show entertaining, I suggest just taking it less seriously this time. Guys like Adam have no problem getting great girlfriends in the real world. This show relies on highschoolc liches about cheerleaders versus dorks which are culturally prominent through much of like, but really don't have that much bearing on most people real lives after highschool. This show just plays up cliches to the hilt, in my opinion, and if that is acknowledged and not taken to seriously, it's very very entertaining. So I say watch the show, but use the resisting energy to donate money to kids in Africs with Aids. But, really, you should do what is in your heart. None of us really know what is ther ight thing for you to do.

Hope I helped somewhat.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •