The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Attention: Nathan."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-05, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Attention: Nathan."
Since I came to this site, I've made two world-class miscalls, both of which I regularly bring back to haunt me. The first was for Survivor All-Stars. Most of the board made predictions on who would be the first person ousted from each of the tribes, and who would ultimately win. I predicted that Amber would attach herself to one of the Robs as quickly as possible and stay there, letting a two-person alliance carry her through the risky stages and into the midgame.

The words that bite me every time I think about my forecast record: 'Not a winning strategy.'

Duh.

You, sirrah, are the second major prophecy blunder I've made, and I have every intention of making sure I remember a mistake that big into future incarnations. I was wrong. It did work with Anna -- but I'll defend myself just enough to say it helped when you came out of the verbal shell, plus it was a really good haircut. So from now on, every time I try to predict the future on a reality show, I'll look back on both yourself and Amber, and think a little harder before making a call. Because when I'm wrong, it's spectacular.

So -- my apologies. I pulled another 'DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN' out of the crystal ball, and I'm sorry for the call and the way it was made. I momentarily genuflect in your general direction.

But migawd, man -- they gave you a horrible edit in the beginning...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Attention: Nathan. mmm_link 07-28-05 1
   RE: Attention: Nathan. Wacko Jacko 07-28-05 2
       RE: Attention: Nathan. Nathan Griffin 07-29-05 17
 RE: Attention: Nathan. bullzeye 07-28-05 3
   RE: Attention: Nathan. DonnaLynn 07-28-05 4
       RE: Attention: Nathan. MTW1961 07-28-05 5
           RE: Attention: Nathan. libgirl2 07-28-05 6
               RE: Attention: Nathan. Hoobie 07-28-05 8
                   RE: Attention: Nathan. libgirl2 07-28-05 10
                       RE: Attention: Nathan. ladro 07-28-05 12
                           RE: Attention: Nathan. kryp 07-28-05 15
                   RE: Attention: Nathan. Nathan Griffin 07-29-05 18
       RE: Attention: Nathan. bullzeye 07-28-05 7
           RE: Attention: Nathan. Loree 07-28-05 9
               RE: Attention: Nathan. RealityMom 07-28-05 11
                   RE: Attention: Nathan. bullzeye 07-28-05 13
                       RE: Attention: Nathan. geg6 07-28-05 14
                           RE: Attention: Nathan. bullzeye 07-28-05 16
                       RE: Attention: Nathan. Nathan Griffin 07-29-05 19
 RE: Attention: Nathan. Nathan Griffin 07-29-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-28-05, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
Congratulations Nathan, though I was hoping maybe they would have brought you back for an Average Jane II.

I finally realized why this show wasn't as irritating as some of the other reality shows, they didn't have an annoying host walking around constantly telling us what is about to happen every few minutes.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-28-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
Nathan. Congrats! You are the MAN!

I thought and I don't think it was a strategy and probably just you being you, but I was wondering if you looking at the short term with Anna was a strategy or how you felt in your heart. The other Joes seemed to after just meeting her talk about marrying her. You on the other hand told her you just wanted to spend time with her and see how it goes. That was brilliant and not typical Average Joe.

Also was that the approach the dating coachs told you to do when you had your make over? Or was that something you said/believed on your own?

One more thing, you looked great after the make-over. Do you plan on keeping your new look or going back to your old one? It seemed at times you were reverting back.

You seem like a great guy and I wish you the very best.

Congrats again that was awesome.

Nathan Griffin 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-29-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nathan%20Griffin Click to send private message to Nathan%20Griffin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
In answer to your query.
First and foremost... you are correct in thinking that it wasn't any strategy of mine and merely the act of 'being myself.' I went into the show not really caring what the outcome was. I set out to have some fun, meet some new people and make some lasting friendships. I've obviously succeeded in doing just that and I could be none the happier.

I figured I would just go-with-the-flow and let things happen on their own. But to be honest with you, had I left the first week, I would have been okay with it. Had I not had the opportunity to come back (with or without the makeover), I would have been okay with it as I knew that when all was said and done... EVERYONE on the show would stay in touch and that included Anna.

Sadly, I didn't have TIME during my makeover to be 'coached' by the life-coach... I say 'sadly' only because I think it would have been interesting and amusing. Watching the show these past five weeks has probably been more of a 'life coach' than anything. It's given me an opportunity to watch myself in many different situations... interesting it's been.

As for the makeover. I've flip-flopped back and forth post-show. But to be honest... I've been flip-flopping back and forth for YEARS. I'm an outdoorsy guy who'd be more than happy building hiking trails through the woods, kayaking on a regular basis and teaching kids how to have fun at camp... and that's where my 'shaggy' look comes from. On the other side of the coin... people obviously saw me differently after my makeover... which says something. To me, it's a shame (in a way) that people couldn't say "wow!" before I had my haircut and my goatee shaved off but such is the way of things.

I'm obviously going to have to find a 'happy medium' :p

Thanks again!

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-28-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
I wouldn't be so hard on yourself - in my opinion, Nathan was a safe choice for Anna. She decided she couldn't fall for Rocky, and Nathan had given her a magnanimous "out" - with the "friends first" letter. I think she had it planned from the moment she saw those words - that allowed a "win-win" scenario where she looks good by not picking the hunk, and there are minor expectations in terms of her relationship with Nathan. Magnificantly devious perhaps?

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-28-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
bullzeye, I agree with you. Nathan was the safe choice. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad an AJ was finally chosen, but I'm still stung with the fact that there really wasn't any sparks with him. Also, if I were him and had been eliminated then was chosen after I got a make-over, I wouldn't want her.

This season really let me down totally. I think Nathan was great, but I don't think he was the best choice. Then again, Rocky didn't have much depth to him either so out of the people that were left, ok, she chose right. But out of all of the contestants, she could have chosen better...

--Donna :~)

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-28-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
Except, I don't think he was eliminated the first time because of his looks necessarily, or kept around the second time because of his looks. She eliminated him because she hadn't gotten to know him, and she kept him after she got to know him better.

As for the lack of sparks, she alluded to her past dating pattern, which sounded like "follow the sparks" and was getting her nowhere.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
>Except, I don't think he was
>eliminated the first time because
>of his looks necessarily, or
>kept around the second time
>because of his looks.
>She eliminated him because she
>hadn't gotten to know him,
>and she kept him after
>she got to know him
>better.
>
>As for the lack of sparks,
>she alluded to her past
>dating pattern, which sounded like
>"follow the sparks" and was
>getting her nowhere.
>

From what I have read, she and he might just still be together. Acording to myspace.com interview with Anna she said she found true love on the show and bother her and Nate's profiles say "in a relationship" while Rocky's says single!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
How do we know that it is really them on the myspace profiles? Myspace.com is notorious for having imposters. In any event, I'd like to peek at them, what are their 'names'?

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
>How do we know that it
>is really them on the
>myspace profiles? Myspace.com is
>notorious for having imposters.
>In any event, I'd like
>to peek at them, what
>are their 'names'?

Here are the links, not sure what you mean by names since I am not familiar with the site. I hope these work!

Nathan Griffin
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=764702&Mytoken=20050727121414<;br%20/>

Anna
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=11145821&Mytoken=20050727115830<;br%20/>profile.myspace.com/index...0727100654

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-28-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
They both have their own stand alone websites, so I don't understand why they would have myspace accounts. But ya never know. The picture on Anna's myspace account makes me think it is a fake.

kryp 57 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kryp Click to send private message to kryp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
Wouldn't last night be the first time that Anna and Nathan would have been able to see each other in months? Maybe you can keep the flame going only through emails and phone calls. Generally that's pretty tough.

07-29-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nathan%20Griffin Click to send private message to Nathan%20Griffin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
I can assure you that it is really my profile on MySpace.
It was through that profile that I was cast for the show!

07-28-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
I too felt somewhat let down and I think it might be due to the brevity of the show. We never really got to know the Joes before the Himbos arrived, and most of them were cut loose pretty quickly as well. I really enjoyed last season where there seemed to be a much better opportunity to get to know all the players - I couldn't even name half the cast on this season.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
Very true. We were rushed through this season and didn't really get to know them or remember most of them. Sure we remember Dante and Carson. But most of the others slipped into the background. It was like every second guy was named Josh and I got confused and didn't care after awhile.

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
I was curious to know how many episodes there were in the earlier editions because I know they included hometown visits and it did seem like a lot of guys were eliminated very quickly on this edition. On the first season, there were 6 episodes but there was a two-hour finale. On Larissa's edition, there was a whopping 9 episodes. So, we definitely were short-changed in getting to know the guys this time around.

07-28-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
Makes me wonder if the ratings promoted the network to cut it short. I was actually surprised they would air this in the middle of summer - perhaps they thought they had a bit of a stinker this go around.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
It's always been a summer series as I recall. Wasn't the NBC summer reality lineup FLOM, WWMMD, and this? I believe that this summer, only AJ was left.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

07-28-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
Well then I stand corrected - I hadn't "membered" it was a summer program - thanks for the clarification. That being said - I still think that the ratings must have been quite a bit lower than in the past to air so few seasons.

07-29-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
Although I don't know for certain...
with all of the fudging around that NBC did pre-show airing, it said to me "wow. they obviously don't hold too much stock in this season do they."

i think some of us were even surprised they aired it at all.

07-29-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Attention: Nathan."
I'm sure MANY people stand corrected at this point ;) ... so don't feel bad.

Although... I'm sure many of the people that stand corrected are also spouting off numerous 'conspiracy theories' about the ending.

ahh well. what will be will be.
thanks for humorous post (i hope it was intended to be slightly humorous)!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •