The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the "hunks""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-07-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"the "hunks""
The producers of the show have made them all look pretty arogant and superficial. I don't beleive they are really like that but....if they are...I think Anna is a pretty sensible girl and she will kick them all off.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: the "hunks" BlueLies 07-07-05 1
 RE: the "hunks" Loree 07-07-05 2
   "...told to go in and act like jerk... BlueLies 07-07-05 3
       RE: "...told to go in and act like ... Schnookie Palookie 07-07-05 5
 RE: the "hunks" Estee 07-07-05 4
   RE: the "hunks" Moother 07-09-05 6
       RE: the "hunks" Swrdprincess 07-10-05 7
           RE: the "hunks" Loree 07-10-05 8
 RE: the "hunks" EgoChomper 07-12-05 9
   RE: the "hunks" Swrdprincess 07-12-05 10
   Carson and Mike BlueLies 07-13-05 12
 RE: the "hunks" silentJ 07-13-05 11
 RE: the "hunks" Tiff903 07-13-05 13
 RE: the "hunks" Loree 07-13-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-07-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: the "hunks""
I agree their simple-mindedness seemed played up. All they talked about was muscle mass.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-07-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: the "hunks""
It really makes you wonder if the hunks are told to go in and act like jerks. I would hate to think all these guys really do act like this. It just makes them look ugly instead of attractive.

07-07-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. ""...told to go in and act like jerks.""
How could they live with themselves after? Besides the usual reason of "entertainment value" what would the other reasons be for the producers to encourage them to behave in a way that's so contrary to who they really are?

I suppose those closest to them could see through their facade, and it wouldn't effect that part of their social lives after this thing is all done and over with, but what about people they haven't met yet? Their behavior on this show could very well turn off a really good match for them had they never gone on the show, but she may not give them the time of day after seeing them on the show.

Even if the hunks changed and became less shallow or conceited or less of a bully, the public would never know, and trying to squeeze a second chance out of a publicly soiled reputation is like trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip. People only want to read the trash out of the tabloids and go no further.

If all the producers want to do is lie to the public by changing the premise so drastically by encouraging the guys to be actors, then why have the show on at all?

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "...told to go in and act like jerks.""
It's all done to entertain the viewers. People love controversy. People love to see underdogs come from behind to win. Most of us know it's all bullcrap. Most of them are actors or wannabe actors. I have to say it pains me to watch the arrogance of the hunks this time around. I had to turn the channel.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-05, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: the "hunks""
No -- at this point, I'm pretty much convinced they are arrogant and superficial. I'd also like to drop-kick Carson in the teeth, but that's probably just me.

This probably means he'll win, for a very weak value of 'win'.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-05, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: the "hunks""
I am sure they are told to go in and act like STUDS. Remember we are not suppose to root for them to win. We are suppose to want the so called average Joe to win. What is funny is that some of those STUDS weren't really to hot in my opinion.

Swrdprincess 121 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swrdprincess Click to send private message to Swrdprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: the "hunks""
I agree. These are the dullest looking hunks I have ever seen. Maybe the real hunks have not been presented yet and the semi-hunks are in for a surprise lol

07-10-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: the "hunks""
I'd rather take the red sportscar than the hunk.

EgoChomper 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-12-05, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EgoChomper Click to send private message to EgoChomper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: the "hunks""
I just got done watching another episode of this "joke of a show." I keep smacking my head, knowing I could turn to some cable channel and watch something less annoying and disgusting. The hunks, first of all, are dorks. Two-thirds of them aren't even that hot. And the ones that are decent-looking, are just a run-of-the-mill, dime-a-dozen shell that you can find all over this world, so they need to get over themselves.

The idiot, Chris Carson, or whatever his name is, had no right to get pissed off at Dante for pecking him on the lips. He started the whole thing, by messing with private property. He brought it on himself. He's your typical crybaby brat that is used to getting his way, and when he doesn't, he needs his rattle. He needs to realize that if he's going to take on the attitude of "all is fair in love and war," and he brings out, say, an AK-47 to start a shootout, and the enemy pulls out a rocket launcher, he can't complain! He has no right to moan about the enemy doing something worse in retaliation. He acted like the world came to an end because he got lip-pecked. How sad. Bottom line: Maybe he should step back and think twice about starting a war that might carry the risk of consequence!

Oh, and by the way, I've had guys like that hit on me, and I squish them like little bugs--ticks them off to no end! Heh, heh...

Whether it's fake or not (or somewhere in between), these guys make it seem pretty easy to act like jerks, and shouldn't whine when they have to reap what they sew beyond the show, in terms of getting treated like crap or dissed by people. This chick that all these guys are vying for, better not be some bubblehead; she better see how shallow and retarded most of those hunk-guys are. Personally, I don't think any person is worth subjecting yourself to such idiotic stunts, contests, humiliation, etc.

Swrdprincess 121 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swrdprincess Click to send private message to Swrdprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: the "hunks""
I sat it's fake. Judging by the profession of most of these guys they are just wanna be actors. Atleast the other hunks had some substance (and they were actually hunks). Where's the cutie with the dimples and black curly hair. Oh he was arrogant, but adorable

07-13-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
12. "Carson and Mike"
Yeah, Carson and Mike... what a surprise. A new shallow low, but I'm glad all that came out in the wash.

Carson argues Anna is only there to further her career. An old, boring argument. I'm sure the producers, etc are aware of that possibility, and they don't have a problem with it. The odds are in their favor of advancing their career rather than finding a partner anyway, so get over it.

If that should happen incidentally, why not take the opportunity and enjoy it. It's when they have to trash others on the way up to get what they want is when I start to have problems with the process.

These days, it's not may the best (wo)man win anymore, it's may the best back-stabber win regardless of talent, resume, qualifications, potential, ability to work well with others etc. etc.

Mike goes so far as to say "Yeah, good riddence... Anna did nothing for me." - shows where his head is at in general. He so self-centered, it must cost him a fortune just to get laid. Then again, I'm sure his right hand (Carson?) doesn't charge much.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: the "hunks""
I don't think they're acting. They're not smart enough to pull that off, otherwise thay'd have eral acting jobs. It's more likely that the producers interviewed a few hundred models and picked the shallowest. Out of any group of 100 appearence obbsessed people, you're sure to find a few devoid of any substance. it's just a matter of picking the most outrageous of them.

Tiff903 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-13-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiff903 Click to send private message to Tiff903 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: the "hunks""
I know all the hunks cannot be that bad. I went to high school with Rocky and even though he has always had a pretty face, he was always very nice to everyone. I've never heard him say anything bad about anyone.

07-13-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
14. "RE: the "hunks""
I'm still trying to figure out why Greg was considered a hunk. I didn't even think he was goodlooking. He was kind of creepy looking actually. Or maybe he just wasn't my type. But I was glad he was booted. And we knew that Carson would stick around for the ratings.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •