The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-30-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-05 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

Top 5 mine are:

1. Josh

2. Matt (even though she nixed him)

3. Nathan

4. Damian (medical leave)

5. Bill (even though she nixed him too)

Someone please tell me why Igor and Dante were left in over Bill and Matt?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What are your Average Joe picks... tamarama 07-01-05 1
 RE: What are your Average Joe picks... Estee 07-01-05 2
   RE: What are your Average Joe picks... BlueLies 07-01-05 3
       RE: What are your Average Joe picks... Estee 07-01-05 4
   RE: What are your Average Joe picks... SilverStar 07-01-05 5
 RE: What are your Average Joe picks... ladro 07-01-05 6
   Open minded (I think they call that... BlueLies 07-02-05 7
       RE: Open minded (I think they call ... ladro 07-03-05 8
           RE: Open minded (I think they call ... Kyra1991 07-04-05 9
       RE: Open minded (I think they call ... EALevasseur 07-05-05 10
           :) BlueLies 07-05-05 11
               RE: :) EALevasseur 07-05-05 12
                   RE: :) Wacko Jacko 07-06-05 13
 RE: What are your Average Joe picks... JennyJo02 07-06-05 14
 RE: What are your Average Joe picks... woiwod 07-07-05 15
 RE: What are your Average Joe picks... Loree 07-07-05 16
 RE: What are your Average Joe picks... Wacko Jacko 07-07-05 17
   RE: What are your Average Joe picks... tamarama 07-07-05 18
       RE: What are your Average Joe picks... LawSchool 07-07-05 19
           RE: What are your Average Joe picks... Wacko Jacko 07-07-05 20
               RE: What are your Average Joe picks... damodci 07-07-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-01-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
I didn't see anything that would have prompted her to dump Matt, but I thought Bill was kinda creepy.

As for Dante & Igor...well, Dante seems incredibly sweet and Igor seems really fun (although I don't think I'd like to go to dinner with him...maybe a movie & cocktails)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
1. Generic Mindless Himbo
2. Generic Egotistcal Himbo
3. Generic Bullying Himbo
4. Generic Self-Obsessed Himbo
5. Fabio

07-01-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
Gee... well... that narrows it down. I know exactly who you are talking about... not.

Doesn't that describe most of what populates reality TV as we know it, duh!

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
Well, we don't have their names yet -- all we have is what we've seen in the endless precaps -- so I had to go with observed personality traits. I think this series will follow in the great tradition of AJ and end up with Anna picking one of the hunks. She'll break up with him ten seconds after the cameras are turned off, which is the other great tradition of AJ -- but that's who she'll go with.

#5 is a Season Two joke.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
*snort*

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!
I love a good Fabio joke.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-01-05, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
The guy driving the red sports car through the desert will win.

""Someone please tell me why Igor and Dante were left in over Bill and Matt?""

As in AJ1 and AJ2, the 'beauty' didn't cut any extra large guys in the first round in order to demonstrate that she is open minded.

07-02-05, 09:45 PM (EST)
7. "Open minded (I think they call that under contract in TV land)"
LAST EDITED ON 07-02-05 AT 09:46 PM (EST)

I wanted your picks of the Avg Joes, then we can go on to pick from the hunks, then face off from there.

Dante, granted, was very smitten and polite with Anna, but Igor... just an obnoxious slob! Ew! He wasn't about to get up off his plate just to go talk to her... that would just be... ummmm gentlemanly, polite, interested, selfless, normal, on track with the objective of the show, mature, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah!

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-03-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Open minded (I think they call that under contract in TV land)"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-05 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

I don't think any of the normal Joes got enough screen time in E1 to make much of a guess. They seemed to focus on the odd Joes in E1. Magic guy, Dante and Igor are the only Joes I remember. As I stated in another thread, it seems like they are fast forwarding through the preliminary rounds in order to get to the Joes/Hunks showdown. Just by looking at the pictures/profiles and making estimates of size and weight I would guess Arthur or Josh (they may have gotten booted already for all I know).

eta: my official blind guess is that it will be the taller of either Arthur or Josh.

Kyra1991 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-04-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kyra1991 Click to send private message to Kyra1991 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Open minded (I think they call that under contract in TV land)"
My top three are:

1. Chuck
2. Joshua
3. Dan

EALevasseur 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-05-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EALevasseur Click to send private message to EALevasseur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Open minded (I think they call that under contract in TV land)"
from the average Joe pool:
1. Josh
2. Arthur
3. Nathan
4. Joshua
5. Jason

I based my picks on the Joe's personality and my perceived overall compatibility to Anna.
This is the first reality t.v. show that I've actually watched.. so I'm not even really sure how other seasons have gone (although I've got a pretty good clue- the hunks always win). Feel free to clue me in if I say something stupid.

07-05-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
11. ":)"
There are no wrong answers, say whatever you want. I shocked you've been immune to RTV for this long. You must have a life?

You're probably right about the one of the hunks winning, although, they seem to have recruited a pretty abrasive bunch this time, and Anna seems so naive.

EALevasseur 4 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EALevasseur Click to send private message to EALevasseur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: :)"
Not a life as much as have been in college/grad school and no television. I'm at home visiting family and happened to catch the premiere episode of AJ4.. and I think I'm hooked! ::gasp/shock::

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-06-05, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: :)"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-05 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

The final two 'Joes' will be Josh and Arthur.

As for the hunks, I saw one that wasn't too obnoxious so I will go with him but don't know his name. When I find out I will post.

Edited to add: The Hunk I think she will pick is Mike. He is not as obnoxious as the others.

JennyJo02 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JennyJo02 Click to send private message to JennyJo02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
Yeah, I really like Nathan too. But haven't seen that much of him. He seems so shy. Did you see his write-up on the NBC site? Anna said he was Charismatic ! So she must like him too.

It was nice that they got some time together even if it was only playing with "Shamu".

Josh is nice too, but I think he's too short for her. That never works out.

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-07-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
I really, really like Josh and hope he wins out. Also Arthur is pretty good and there sure seems to be some chemistry there. Nathan is a dark horse and seems a very nice guy so he is on my list of hopefulls also.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
I don't remember all their names. But I think the Cancer Patient Therapist with the wire glasses has a good chance of being the AJ she picks.

07-07-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-05 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 07-03-05
>AT 01:29 AM (EST)

>
>Top 5 mine are:
>
>1. Josh
>2. Matt (even though she
>nixed him)
>3. Nathan
>4. Damian (medical leave)
>5. Bill (even though she
>nixed him too)
>
>Someone please tell me why Igor
>and Dante were left in
>over Bill and Matt?

The guy on 'Medical Leave' is Chuck.

Did you watch Bill's interview on the NBC website? That would partially answer your question.

As for Dante, I have noticed a pattern. It's one of two things. 1) That the most 'unique' Joe always makes it for three weeks. I think that the producers tell the girl not to cut the 'unique' person. 2) Or Anna thinks that Dante is great to be around and although she would not pick him she still would enjoy to be around him for a few more days. Anna may realize that if she were to stay around Bill and Matt for the extra time that maybe hanging out with Dante is better than listening to crickets chirp.

Watch the pre-show interview on NBC.com you will have more insite into why she made the decisions she did. You can not til from the 5 seconds that Bill and Matt got on the show. Bill's interview is on-line.

And Dante (I know you read these), don't take anything I say wrongly. I think you are a great person and seem like a lot of fun to be around. I just don't see you and Anna as a couple.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-07-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
>>The guy on 'Medical Leave' is Chuck.<<

I think BlueLies was referring to Damien's head injury (as mentioned in a post-episode interview).

Chuck did leave because a friend was ill...but CW is that Damien was eliminated because of his injury.

p.s. pretty much agree about Bill. hmmmm.

LawSchool 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-07-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LawSchool Click to send private message to LawSchool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
What post-episode interview? I've never heard about him having any sort of head injury.

07-07-05, 08:55 PM (EST)
20. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-05 AT 08:56 PM (EST)

Me, neither....Jason. Hey, if Jason doesn't know about it I doubt it is true.

But after watching his pre-show interview...I am kinda surprised he got eliminated so earlier. He seemed like a good guy with a good personality.

damodci 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-07-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail damodci Click to send private message to damodci Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What are your Average Joe picks for Anna?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-05 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

He got eliminated fair and square. Some refer to it as medical leave because he got a concussion during the dodgeball segment (shown on the air, BTW) and the symptoms left him unable to really talk with Anna, who rightfully cut him, because he was talking like Rain Man by the end of that night and who wants to keep Rain Man around? Ever talk to someone holding your hand over one eye because you can't focus? The ladies LOVE it. He would have most likely had to drop out anyway, so at the very least another Joe got to live on another week or two. He really wishes he could have that dodgeball day back, but everything happens for a reason. And why he's writing this in 3rd-person format is anybody's guess. The post-show interview in question is this one:

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/07/an_interview_wi.html

Thanks for the kind words, Jacko.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •