The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode I Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-29-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode I Discussion"
My Thoughts:

The step of having a tryout judged by the crew from AJ2 was interesting.

It is a good thing that all the Joes know the format at the start of the show. I wonder if Anna (I think that was her name) knows the plan. If she does, it would explain some of the choices she made in the first cut.

Just like AJ1 and AJ2 the hot chick cut some of the more conventional looking guys in the first round in order to demonstrate that she is open minded.

Many of these guys are very heavy, much more than AJ1 or AJ2.

It seems like they are fast forwarding to get to the Hunks/Joes confrontation. In AJ1 it was not until the end of episode 3 that the Hunks were introduced, and the first episode of AJ1 may have been two hours. I think it was the same in AJ2, but I am not sure. I suppose that since all the Joes know what is coming there is not much of a point to stretch out the preliminary rounds.

The life coach at the end of the show was a B!tch. It would have been nice if the producers had some consultants talk with the Joes after the show, but to broadcast that is in poor taste IMHO.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode I Discussion bullzeye 06-29-05 1
   RE: Episode I Discussion ladro 06-29-05 2
 RE: Episode I Discussion tamarama 06-29-05 3
   RE: Episode I Discussion DonnaLynn 06-29-05 4
   RE: Episode I Discussion Reeflex7 06-30-05 8
 RE: Episode I Discussion mmm_link 06-29-05 5
 RE: Episode I Discussion silentJ 06-29-05 6
   RE: Episode I Discussion Estee 06-29-05 7
 RE: Episode I Discussion ladro 07-03-05 9
 RE: Episode I Discussion Iceland15 07-03-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-29-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
I enjoyed the first episode but perhaps someone could help me understand the premise of the makeover on one of the "booted" contestants? Is this person supposed to come back for another chance once they have been made over? If that is the case - at what point - last nite's "bootee" had surgery - that must take some time to recover from.

If in fact that is the intention (have the "bootee" return), then I think it departs from the basic premise of the show - that an "average joe" can potenially win the heart of the girl -not a once rejected, now madeover joe. Perhaps I am missing the point.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-29-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
I don't know the answer to your questions, it hasn't been made clear. My guess is that the new and improved contestant(s) return only for a very brief visit during the final episode, Anna gives an obligatory "he looks hot", and that is the end of it.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-29-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
LOVED the opening with the former Joes (good to see them)
LOVED the music from “Animal House” (There was one earlier music cue that cracked me up, but now I can’t remember what it was. I wish I’d taped the ep.)

Anna certainly seems like a nice woman.

By the teasers at the top of the episode there seems to be MUCH kissing. Hmm.

It also seems like TPTB are doing everything they can to crank up the animosity & competition between the Joes & the Jerks. The clips they showed us of the Jerks makes it look like they’re MUCH more aggressive than the past hunks were. I hope you Joes took no crap from them!!!

As for the guys, how can you not love (most of) them?

4 of 6 of Anna’s first eliminations made perfect sense. I didn’t get cutting Damien or Matt, but I know we’re limited by what they choose to show us – it’s just that they chose to show us Aaron F, Harold, Bill & Nick being…well, creepy (ew, especially Aaron & Harold. Get a grip guys). They didn’t show Matt & Damien being icky at all. I'd date them. (Or were they secretly creepy? Matt?)

I’m glad that part of Nick’s ‘makeover’ included a Life Coach (still don’t really know what the heck that is…but whatever). Although he wasn't gorgeous, it wasn’t his looks that got him cut.

I’m a bit surprised at the wide age range. There are 21-22 year olds there?!?! (Jason!!) That just seems young to me. I know Anna’s only 26, but there’s a bigger age leap from 21 to 26 than from 26 to 31.

HEY!!! Joes on the board, help me with this one:
Is Dan from Milwaukee? ‘Cause he better be from Milwaukee if he’s going to be insulting the women of my beloved home town. (I refer to his comment about it being “like a bar in Milwaukee, one beautiful woman…”) He better stop it or he will quickly become evil in my eyes.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-29-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
Loved the new things added in the show, but I'm not sure if I like the "beauty" this time or not.

What was the deal with Larissa returning to be a "fake date" for the new Joe's??? Didn't Bryan feel a little awkward with her there? I'd have punched her in the face after what she did to him!

I love the big guy from Michigan with the crazy hair. I can't remember his name but he's hilarious. I think we all know that there is no way he will even be in the finals but he's a great guy to have around.

I also liked the make-over thing and I do agree that the "life coach" was also a bit rude but honestly, I didn't see any change in that guys eyebrows which were one of his worst traits.

I didn't think it was cool on the previews where the jocks were trying to throw the Joe's out of their rooms. How is that right? There are more than enough rooms in that mansion for everyone. I'm sure at least that one guy in the previews is on steroids as you could tell from the anger problem he has.

So far I'll rate it a B- and hope it gets better!

--Donna :~)

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-30-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 06-30-05 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

I wonder if anyone even saw the show, doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion on this one.

Yeah, the idiot who thought he was Ben Affleck and Nick were no-brainers. I can't remember much about the others that Anna cut, but Matt, Damian & "Goldie" seemed normal enough.

I have no clue what to make of Dante. I hope he sticks around for comic relief because he looks like he's good for that. Sometimes he looked like a clown (in a good way) and sometimes he seemed REALLLY oversensitive...I don't know, he was kind of all over the place. At any rate I'm sure he'll get tons of airtime as long as he's there. The camera loves him.

If I'm not mistaken I saw a kiss with tongue between Anna and one of the Joe's (the cancer therapist dude?)! Go guy!

Overall this show looks like the same silliness as the last two seasons, maybe even ratcheted up a couple notches.

Looking forward in future weeks to hearing what everyone else and the Joe's have to say.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-29-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 06-29-05 AT 02:53 PM (EST)

I couldn't figure out why losers from the first AJ shows were trying to coach these guys for the fourth show. Are they trying to show how to lose with dignity? No offense, but AJ's are 0-3, wouldn't it be more beneficial for the hunks to come back and teach instead? It would actually be more hillarious. The hunks (or the makeover AJ's) are probably going to win this time anyway. And the girl they got this time seems to be more of an average jane instead of a model larissa or marissa from the first two AJ shows.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-29-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
Anybody know how they decide which Joe gets the make-over? It wasn't explained on the show. Is it just the last guy eliminated by Anna per show or the person the producers feel needs the most help?

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-29-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
I'm guessing it'll be the person they feel needs the least amount of help in the looks department -- the most minor makeovers possible. Nothing that takes more than a few days to heal from, anyway. Your basic Queer Eye team plus an outpatient procedure.

07-03-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
After some additional time reflecting, I have come to the conclusion that there is a high probablity that Anna would have researched "reality tv dating shows" and/or was warned by a friend or her agent (she's a professional model) that she might be on 'that average joe show'. Hence, when the Joes came out of the Bus it was not a big shock to her. And, she knows that Himbos will be arriving shortly. And, the story about her not having watched any TV in the past year, implying that she knew nothing about the show, was just another deception by Producers. And, that knowing all this, she will probably pick an Average Joe in the end.

Iceland15 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-03-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iceland15 Click to send private message to Iceland15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode I Discussion"
The one thing that came across in this episode to me was that short people need not apply. It was exactly like watching American dating. Creepy magicians are ok, he just needs less hair over his eyes! Fat people, crazy people and socially inept are fine because they make for good tv, but not short people. Women are now and have always been prejudided against short people. That's why Matt had to go. I knew he had no chance at all. I wish I could have taken that bet to Las Vegas. As someone who's 5'4'' I knew that he was doomed. I didn't like it, but it was realistic. The Joes are boardline circus people, but at least they are all taller than her. That's what's important in America.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •