The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-06-04, 05:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
Welcome to the final summary of Average Joe 2; the show that asks the question “How Will an Intelligent, Caring, and Expressive Average Guy From Boston Pick Up the Pieces of His Heart After It’s Crushed to Bits By a Superficial, Beauty Queen Wannabe With Stunning Beauty, Great Hair and a Truly Shocking Secret, But Little Else to Offer a Man of Substance and Character?”

Of course, that’s assuming that Brian is the one dumped instead if Gill*, and obviously I couldn’t know that at the beginning of the summary, since I haven’t seen the show yet, right? But it’s a good enough title for now. If by the end of the episode it turns out to be inappropriate, then I’ll change it later.

* I’m calling him Gill instead of Gil because, frankly, I just don’t like him

Tonight is the finale, so we are treated to the requisite recap of the previous eight episodes. Usually, I just fast forward through this part since I’ve seen the episodes or read the Official Reality TV World Episode Summary, like last week’s summary by Howard Dean. But tonight as I fast forward through the highlights of previous weeks, I catch a few glimpses of some of the earlier departed Joes. Man, some of those guys were dorky! I imagine William Hung watching the show and feeling pretty good in comparison.

Now we’re back to live action, and…what’s this? Here’s Larissa, dressed in her best gown, standing on the red carpet with a private jet in the background and a limo pulling up. She’s making her choice already! Has NBC decided there’s no need for another full hour of this torture? Are they going to spend the remaining 52 minutes promoting Average Joe – Adam Returns instead? Sadly, no. We find out that this episode is being told in flashback form, where we’ll find out what happens on Larissa’s hometown dates with the two remaining guys.

Gill is first up, as Larissa visits his hometown of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. They meet for a boat ride through the Everglades, then a romantic trip to one of his construction sites where he puts her to work “mudding”. They have to do the whole room before their date can continue. I guess he’s paid by the job, and won’t be able to afford dinner if they don’t finish. Gill tells Larissa about the importance of a good professional reputation in the construction industry, which is his way of telling her he’s not moving anywhere for some chick, especially if she is the chick. He acknowledges that a relationship between them would have to be a long-distance one. Hey, isn’t that why he broke it off with his last girlfriend? Things aren’t looking good for Gill and Larissa.

Next, they take a speedboat rids to the Viscaya Museum and Gardens where Larissa presents Gill with a St. Christopher medallion. He says he will remember her when he wears it, as in “this will be something nice to remember you by once I finally ditch your pathetic a**”. Larissa spends the rest of their time together trying to figure out where Gill’s head is at. Larissa - “What did you hope would happen out of all of this? Gill – “I want to be – of course – an actor.” Larissa – “What’s your biggest fear; what are you afraid of?” Gill – no answer. Larissa – “Is this real?” Gill – “As far as I’ve assessed, I think you’re a real person.” Larissa – “Actually, I’m a mechanical robot.” Note to Readers – Yes, Larissa actually said the above line; it wasn’t some lame attempt at satire on my part

The date with Gill is over, and I’ve got to say, it did NOT go well. Brian’s really going to have to screw things up for Gill to win the final trip with Larissa.

Brian’s turn now, and Larissa comes to Boston to see what Brian’s life is all about. Brian and Larissa take a boat ride on the Boston Harbor, and Brian has a surprise – two lobsters he’s trapped. Well, maybe the producers trapped them. Or bought them at the fresh seafood market. Brian names the lobsters Jim and Gill. He and Larissa agree to “throw them overboard, an act which gives Brian great joy. Brian points out that now they can get back to their workouts, and hopes there is protein powder at the bottom of the sea. On the boat, Brian tells Larissa he loves Boston, but could leave it for her if their relationship was to advance. Privately, Larissa is blown away that Brian would be willing to leave Boston “for the right reasons”. I notice, however, that while he personalized his willingness to leave for her, she keeps her comments about this admission completely impersonal. Brian, this is Bad Sign #1 for you.

Off to Boston’s most famous museum – the storied Fenway Park. As most of us viewers know by now, Larissa isn’t much of a sports enthusiast. But she knows that Fenway Park is a baseball stadium, and asks Brian who his all-time favorite player is. Brian – you have just been given a wonderful gift. A woman is encouraging you to talk to her about baseball history. Which player will he choose as his favorite? Teddy Ballgame? Carl Yastremski? Will he pick a non-Red Sox player like Babe Ruth? No, he tells us his all time favorite player is Tim Wakefield!!! I don’t even know where to begin with the jokes about this comment:

1) Tim Wakefield? Naturally! After all he is the 12th winningest pitcher in Red Sox history – tied with Tom Brewer, of course.
2) Tim Wakefield? Dude, she asked for your favorite player of all time, not your favorite right handed Floridian knuckleball pitcher!
3) C’mon Brian. You think you’re going to snag a bikini model Miss USA contestant by picking a non-Hall of Famer as your favorite baseball player? Crazy!

Oh well. The good thing is that, conveniently, Tim Wakefield is there to join them on their date! What are the odds of that? Brian, I’d head straight to Atlantic City. Put the table maximum on red 16! Or black 16. Whatever color 16 is, put as much money on it as they’ll allow. Or choose another number. The point is, what a coincidence!

The rest of their date is one sappy love scene after another. Before they leave the ballpark, Brian tells Larissa there are few things in this world worth fighting for and she’s one of them. They kiss, and the crowd goes wild. He says the kiss in center field was like the Red Sox won the World Series. Does that mean he just IMAGINED the kiss? Or he got close to kissing her, but juuust missed? I don’t quite understand. At any rate, there is no way to fake the next few moments with fancy editing. Brian is falling hard for Larissa, and you can see it on his face; in his eyes, as he tells us he fell in love in center field at Fenway Park.

I need a commercial break (sniff).

Okay, we’re back, and the School of Rock commercial (now available on DVD) has helped get me back into full sarcasm mode. The unlikely couple meets Brian friends in a bar, then head to the Boston Harbor Hotel for dinner and more romance/kissing, etc. Once again, it’s getting really sappy, and I’ll have to turn the sarcasm off again. Brian starts to tell Larissa he loves her, but instead says he will save those three words for a private moment. At the start of his confession of love, the look on Larissa’s face says she’s appreciative, but will never share those feelings. (That’s Bad Sign #2, if you’re counting). But at the end, she leans in to kiss him and it’s a sincere kiss. She is gently weeping (not unlike George Harrison’s guitar ), and obviously moved by his expression of affection. I, too, am blown away by Brian’s courage and depth of feeling.

As they share a long, loving embrace, Brian - in a voiceover – tells us he’s proud of himself for opening up with Larissa. After all he’s 31 years old and it’s time to be in love. Brian – I’m going to speak on behalf of the viewing audience and say that we are proud of you too! Wow, I’m starting to get a pit in the bottom of my stomach. Am I falling in love with Larissa too? No, it’s that sickening FORESHADOWING feeling I’m getting again. It just all seems too clear – lousy, uncomfortable dates with Gill, beautiful, moving times with Brian. They wouldn’t play us like that, would they?

Okay, back from commercial, and it’s finally time for Larissa to pick her man and reveal her SHOCKING secret in the MOST. DRAMATIC. ROSE. CEREMONY. EVER. (Sorry, I’ve always wanted to write that! Just like I’ve always wanted to say “they voted me out because I was a threat.”) Here’s the bottom line on the two guys:

Brian – Has shown us that’s he’s genuine, caring, and courageous. Is in love with Larissa. Wants to show the average guy can get the girl. Feels like he’s gone from a black and white existence to full color. Would be heartbroken if he doesn’t get picked.

Gill – Has shown us that he has all the personality of a bowl of corn flakes and then some. Really wants to get picked. Is looking for true happiness and when he’s with Larissa he’s happy. Would be “let down” if he doesn’t get picked.

The limo arrives now as the tension mounts. Still no secret revealed. What’s up with that? Who will step out? It’s Gill! On AJ1, the first guy out of the limo was the winner. Will they stay true to the pattern? Larissa has a somber look on her face, just like the one Melana had on her face to cruelly trick us into thinking she was discarding the himbo in favor of the Average Joe. Surely, they wouldn’t pull the same trick again, would they? Then again, that look on her face IS saying that she’s searching for a gentle way to cast him aside.

She uses the word “but”, which is usually not a good sign. Except that she’s been telling Gill some negative things up to this point - they had a lousy time together, have no chemistry, he’s emotionally retarded, has no sense of humor, is uneducated, uninteresting, and self-centered, BUT, he has great hair, and so she must trust her instinct, which tells her that he is the ONE. I can’t believe it – she’s choosing Gill as the winner! Gill has little to say, and what he says in unintelligible, which is just as well because I don’t want to hear it anyway. Gill expertly displays his full range of emotions to show off his acting skills. I think he’s happy, but I’m not really sure. Like I said, he used his full range of emotions.

At this point, I am fuming. I feel manipulated and used. I’ll have to take a shower before I write another sentence. (Pauses for dramatic effect.) Poor Brian exits the limo, and we know what’s in store for him. I try to warn him to run away (Run, Brian! Run like the wind!) My efforts are fruitless. I feel like I’m watching Bambi or the Lion King. Actually, I don’t remember either of those two movies very well, as my kids are getting older and we haven’t watched them in a while. Let’s just say I feel like I’m watching one of those nice G-rated Disney movies where the main critter’s parent is eaten and/or killed in the first scene. (Run, Brian, run!)

Larissa plays the same cruel trick Melana did with Adam, acting all smiley and happy; making it seem like she’s picking Brian before she drops the bombshell. She tells Brian he deserves a woman who can say “I love you” back to him, and that she hopes they’ll be lifelong friends. PLEASE, PLEASE tell me she didn’t say that! Lifelong friends? Brian, if you have any words left in you, please Just Say “No”.

Brian is crushed. Brian is heartbroken. I am merely disgusted. My heart is no longer into this.

And the big secret? It comes out while Gill and Larissa are vacationing in Cabo San Lucas, having a great time together – obviously true love. Larissa tells Gill that her last boyfriend was Fabio, and she wanted to tell Gill before he found out another way. Big secret? Big deal! Why is this a devastating secret? I can’t even begin to understand. Gill on the other hand is pretending to take it hard, and tell us “All I can say is put yourself in my position.” Since I’m no longer interested in making jokes about Gill, I’ll leave this very tempting straight line alone. If you have a funny retort to this line, please post it on the Reality TV World message board. At any rate, Gill seems to be grateful for an easy way out, and he departs Cabo without giving Larissa so much as a peck on the cheek. I no longer believe this is a “reality show” as it is clearly as scripted as any weekly recurring TV series.

Oh, the irony of it all. Larissa rejects 18 average guys, and in the end is rejected by a hunk because of her history with a hunk. What goes around comes around. Brian on the other hand has grown emotionally, taken risks, and is a different person than when he started. For Brian, this is the beginning. For me, this is the end.

Thank you, you've been great. Try the fish!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... ladro 03-06-04 1
   RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... Luis XIX 03-21-04 7
 RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... SilverStar 03-07-04 2
   RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... Luis XIX 03-23-04 8
 RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... tig_ger 03-09-04 3
 RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... DRONES 03-11-04 4
   RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... mr_dude 03-11-04 5
 RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... Luis XIX 03-21-04 6
   RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... kiwi 09-17-04 11
 RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... MAXINLIGHT 03-23-04 9
   RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... Luis XIX 03-24-04 10
 RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... optimistic1 09-19-04 12
 RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summar... pinay_racer 05-09-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
Good stuff. I caught the last half hour of american Idol with William Hung. They kept saying "william hung to sing next". I'm thinking William Hung must be one of the finalists. oh, you left out my favorite line of the show: Refering the two lobsters (Jim and Gill), Brian says "they can shave each other's chests".
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Luis XIX 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-21-04, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Luis%20XIX Click to send private message to Luis%20XIX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
>Good stuff. I caught the last
>half hour of american Idol
>with William Hung. They kept
>saying "william hung to sing
>next". I'm thinking William
>Hung must be one of
>the finalists. oh, you left
>out my favorite line of
>the show: Refering the two
>lobsters (Jim and Gill), Brian
>says "they can shave each
>other's chests".

I still would like to know if I might be able to live out my fantasy. I would like to be the sequel to Adam Mesh. If I were the 19th "Average Joe" and there is an absolute certainty that Larissa will dump me given the fact that I'm more of a "Get-A-Life" Chris, than an "Average Joe", would I have a chance to be just like Adam with one major exception, prove to all the lady candidates that there is nothing wrong with almost exactly living the middle-aged paperboy character that Chris Elliott portrays in real-life!

Luis XIX

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
Great summary! My favs were the opening question, and when you referred to Gil as "emotionally retarded" HAHA!!!
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA

03-23-04, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Luis%20XIX Click to send private message to Luis%20XIX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
>Great summary! My favs were
>the opening question, and when
>you referred to Gil as
>"emotionally retarded" HAHA!!!
>
> SilverStar
>

>Proud Member RBBRTFHLA
>
It is a total shame that "Average Joe 2 Hawaii" did not have a happily-ever-after ending. If Gil and Larissa will not be a bona fide engaged couple, then the following should take place:I should be picked as Larissa's 19th Joe, see how I would fare with Larissa, get rejected (99.5% probability) because I'm a "Get-A-Life" type of a guy, then I would get to come back in my own series "Average Joe--Get A Life Luis!" I would secretly, and cleverly disguise myself as Chris Peterson, the paperboy character portrayed by Chris Elliott's "Get A Life", and during one of the episodes in the middle of my show, trying to convince the ladies that it is absolutely okay for a guy in his early to mid 30s, still lives at home with his folks, and explain the major similarities and differences between my life and Chris Peterson's character life! Now that's something for Larissa Meek to thoroughly analyze! Conclusion, if all the above would have taken place, then "Average Joe 2 Hawaii" would definitely have a great deal of sense,meaning,and credibility!

Yours truly,

Luis XIX

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-09-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
Great summary! Some of my fave lines are:

I guess he’s paid by the job, and won’t be able to afford dinner if they don’t finish.

He says the kiss in center field was like the Red Sox won the World Series. Does that mean he just IMAGINED the kiss? Or he got close to kissing her, but juuust missed? I don’t quite understand.

A Kyngsladye Original

DRONES 611 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-11-04, 03:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
Great job and the Red Sox loser references were priceless.

DRONES

mr_dude 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-11-04, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mr_dude Click to send private message to mr_dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
I don't think Bostonians can live without the Red Sox because Boston is a boring, little burg with not much to do except go to Fenway Park. Unless of course you're an Idaho kid going to school there. By the way, Yanks suck.

Anyway, this show is getting old. I hope it has conclusively proven for everyone that attractive women with outsized egos will choose the hunk. Plain and simple. The hunk may have defects, but the stigma of choosing the average geek is too unbearable for these bimbos.

And why should the bimbo choose the "Average Joe"? You'd do the same if given the choice between a model and an Average Jane. What I'm getting sick and tired of is NBC's lack of programming creativity. As if we don't know the outcome of Average Joe 3 or Average Joe Adam. Speacking of which.

Average Joe: Adam is a played-out Bob Guinney act from the Bachelor.

And don't kid yourself, Adam the dorky idiot is going to choose the babe over the Average Jane. It's human nature.

03-21-04, 03:57 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
The beauty/drama queen whom I thought was a genuine lady, I was in for a very rude awakening! I was hoping that Larissa would not only pick Brian and live happily ever after, or at least until the 2008 Vote, did not happen, I'm glad that Gil dumped Larissa! Larissa is no angel! What this show needed was a young woman who looks very much like Charlize Theron on the outside with the unselfish,angelic inner characteristics of Angelina Jolie! If I were the 19th "Average Joe" on the show, I probably wouldn't fare very well given the fact that I am just like the "Get-A-Life" guy Chris Elliott,who portrayed a 30-plus year old paperboy who struggles for independence, freedom, and self-worth!The only differences are that I graduated twice from UNLV, goes to church regularly,tries to settle into the right job,still lives at home with my folks,and tries to make positive contributions to society. The bottom line is that I'm a "square Chris", and Larissa may be turned off by me given the fact that I'm not the typical "Average Joe". Larissa should learn some manners from her competition,i.e. Meredith Phillips from "the Bachelorette"! At least Meredith has class,and is not as superficial as Larissa!

Luis XIX

kiwi 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiwi Click to send private message to kiwi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
While I agree with most of what you said about Larissa I disagree with your opinion about Meredith(Bachelorette) I watched her on the Bachelor and found her to be the most sulky person there. She spent all her time whining and looking as if someone peed on her feet. I figured they would choose someone with a bit more fire, like Leanne because Meredith has the personality of a dishrag.

MAXINLIGHT 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MAXINLIGHT Click to send private message to MAXINLIGHT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
I HAD NEVER SEEN THIS SHOW BEFORE AND WAS INTRIGUED BY THE PREVIEWS OF THE LAST EPISODE, WHICH I DID WATCH. WHAT A HUGE FRUSTRATING DISAPPOINTMENT! (OH THE FEELING OF BEING MANIPULATED!!) WAS THIS TRULY LARISSA'S CHOICE OR WAS IT A PUT ON BY THE PRODUCERS? AND WHAT WAS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT FABIO? WOULD LARISSA CALL BRIAN BACK WITH A 'HEY I SCREWED UP, PLEASE FORGIVE ME" KIND OF CALL? JUST RECENTLY I FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND READ STEVE ROGERS' SUMMARY. I WANT TO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART STEVE ROGERS, FOR EXPRESSING EXACTLY WHAT I FELT ABOUT THIS EPISODE!!! WHILE IT SEEMS LARISSA'S DISCERNMENT COULD USE A HUGE DEVELOPMENTAL BOOST, I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THIS WAS A PUT ON. (DID YOU OBSERVE LARISSA'S BODY LANGUAGE-EX:TWISTING OF HER MOUTH ETC-JUST BEFORE SHE TOLD GIL HE WAS THE ONE?) ON THE OTHER HAND, THIS IS THE ONLY EPISODE I'VE SEEN, AND SO HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO BASE MY PERCEPTIONS OF LARISSA ON. TWO THINGS, IF SHE REALLY DID MAKE THE DECISION, HOPEFULLY SHE'LL LEARN ABOUT HER PSYCHOLOGY OF CHOOSING "EMOTIONALLY RETARDED" MEN WHO WANT TO WIN TO THE PROFIT OF THEIR EGO AS OPPOSED TO CHOOSING MEN WHO REALLY APPRECIATE HER. NUMBER 2- IF THE PRODUCERS DID TALK HER INTO PUTTING THIS ON, HOPEFULLY SHE'LL LEARN THE VALUABLE LESSON OF NOT SELLING HERSELF OUT NEXT TIME.

03-24-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
>I HAD NEVER SEEN THIS SHOW
>BEFORE AND WAS INTRIGUED BY
>THE PREVIEWS OF THE LAST
>EPISODE, WHICH I DID WATCH.
>WHAT A HUGE FRUSTRATING DISAPPOINTMENT!
>(OH THE FEELING OF BEING
>MANIPULATED!!) WAS THIS TRULY LARISSA'S
>CHOICE OR WAS IT A
>PUT ON BY THE PRODUCERS?
>AND WHAT WAS THE BIG
>DEAL ABOUT FABIO? WOULD
>LARISSA CALL BRIAN BACK WITH
>A 'HEY I SCREWED UP,
>PLEASE FORGIVE ME" KIND OF
>CALL? JUST RECENTLY I FOUND
>THIS WEBSITE AND READ STEVE
>ROGERS' SUMMARY. I WANT
>TO THANK YOU FROM THE
>BOTTOM OF MY HEART STEVE
>ROGERS, FOR EXPRESSING EXACTLY WHAT
>I FELT ABOUT THIS EPISODE!!!
>WHILE IT SEEMS LARISSA'S DISCERNMENT
>COULD USE A HUGE DEVELOPMENTAL
>BOOST, I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED
>IF THIS WAS A PUT
>ON. (DID YOU OBSERVE LARISSA'S
>BODY LANGUAGE-EX:TWISTING OF HER MOUTH
>ETC-JUST BEFORE SHE TOLD GIL
>HE WAS THE ONE?) ON
>THE OTHER HAND, THIS IS
>THE ONLY EPISODE I'VE SEEN,
>AND SO HAVE NOTHING ELSE
>TO BASE MY PERCEPTIONS OF
>LARISSA ON. TWO THINGS, IF
>SHE REALLY DID MAKE THE
>DECISION, HOPEFULLY SHE'LL LEARN ABOUT
>HER PSYCHOLOGY OF CHOOSING "EMOTIONALLY
>RETARDED" MEN WHO WANT TO
>WIN TO THE PROFIT OF
>THEIR EGO AS OPPOSED TO
>CHOOSING MEN WHO REALLY APPRECIATE
>HER. NUMBER 2- IF THE
>PRODUCERS DID TALK HER INTO
>PUTTING THIS ON, HOPEFULLY SHE'LL
>LEARN THE VALUABLE LESSON OF
>NOT SELLING HERSELF OUT NEXT
>TIME.

The more I learn about Larissa, the more I dislike her! Not only did she fail to email me back whenever I praised her for a few aspects of her show, she totally wasted her time and talent! Given the fact that Gil dumped Larissa, this show definitely needs a do-over, with Christine or someone who is just like Christine, because looks are only 10% of an overall person's personality traits! I totally lost respect for Larissa since "Average Joe 2 Hawaii"--Episode 7. I'm now totally convinced that I'm OK with myself--SNL Single,Not Looking!
There are many more Larissas than Christines out there! It's sad but true! Luis XIX

optimistic1 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail optimistic1 Click to send private message to optimistic1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
That was a wonderful piece, great humour to start the day..I live down under in a wee country called New Zealand. My daughters and I eagerly awaited the final countdown where Larissa would show her true colours (though I never quite gave up hope that she'd pick Brian). How Gil got that far is beyond me...he has the personality of a fish!! (his namesake). Brian showed himself to be sincere, and not too hard on the eyes..(ok the accent may have grated after a while I must admit).. I was sure the 'big secret' was an illegitimate child..but FABIO..oh please..SO!!! Was the ending really a surprise..just look at the way she was tongue lashing the so called 'spunky' guys and compare that with the chaste kisses she exchanged with the few lucky Joes. Now if that didn't tell you where that was heading, nothing would. Guess Gil got what he wanted..TV exposure (all helps when you want to be an actor..which he will no doubt excel at it he happens to get the part of someone with a personality disorder), and Im sure there are endless women out there waiting to show Brian that all is not lost.. as for Larissa, if you'd really followed your heart and not your hormones you would have chosen the right man for the job..May this be a lesson you never forget!!.. as a postscript I have to say that I got great pleasure watching the macho men get sent off week by week, seeing those overbloated ego's take a fall was priceless!!

pinay_racer 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinay_racer Click to send private message to pinay_racer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Average Joe2 - The Final Summary “Larissa Learns Her Lesson (or, “what goes around, comes around”)"
just imagine if she did go out with someone famous? i wonder how gil would react??? geeezzzz....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •