The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will we see more of Average Joe????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will we see more of Average Joe????"
Is this the last installment of Average Joe? Or will we see more? How about "Average Joe: Brian returns?" Or "Average Jane: Rachel returns?"

Or "Average Jane: Revenge of the California Blonds?" When will it end?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... schmoe 04-06-04 1
   RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... Luis XIX 04-07-04 10
 Plain Jane leenga 04-06-04 2
   RE: Plain Jane ladro 04-06-04 3
       RE: Plain Jane Lisapooh 04-07-04 12
           RE: Plain Jane ladro 04-07-04 13
               RE: Plain Jane Luis XIX 04-10-04 18
                   RE: Plain Jane Ivorywire 04-12-04 21
   RE: Plain Jane So_Opinionated 04-12-04 22
   RE: Plain Jane..The Real Deal. degenx13 05-25-04 23
 RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... ladro 04-06-04 4
   RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... fred_garvin 04-07-04 5
       RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... Luis XIX 04-07-04 9
       RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... Ivorywire 04-12-04 20
   RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... Luis XIX 04-07-04 8
 RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... Jazu 04-07-04 6
   RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... ladro 04-07-04 11
   RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... Luis XIX 04-10-04 19
 RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... Luis XIX 04-07-04 7
 RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... joannie 04-07-04 14
   RE: Will we see more of Average Joe... WhatAboutBob 04-08-04 15
 The "New" Average Joe KScott 04-08-04 16
   RE: The "New" Average Joe Luis XIX 04-10-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-06-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
I hope we do. I enjoy the circus like nature of the show. You get the dating chemistry component, but you also get additioanl entertainment value as the show exploits its characters. Its refreshing to watch after seeing the Bachelor.

The Bachelor is fun to watch, but it take itself so seriously and there's not much variety between series. The featured player is always talking how tough it is to choose between the contestants. The contestants are always talking about the connection between them and the one.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Luis XIX 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-04, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Luis%20XIX Click to send private message to Luis%20XIX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
04/07/04

All I want to know right now is do I stand a chance at convincing NBC to conduct Average Joe 4 during the summertime!
What is wrong with NBC? We definitely need more circus-like nature in Average Joe and we also need for more adrenaline!

Luis XIX

leenga 34 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-04, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leenga Click to send private message to leenga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Plain Jane"
NBC is planning "PLAIN JANE"

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-06-04, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Plain Jane"
I'm skeptical. Is there a press release to that effect?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Plain Jane"

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2441

here's a link to a story from earlier this month about Average Jane coming out this fall.

NBC has the Olympics this summer. Other than the already announced Love or Money, etc., I doubt you'll see many others.

04-07-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Plain Jane"
thanks. Still skeptical though, just the way I am. I'll believe the annoucement when I see the show. I am surprised there hasn't been any discussion on the matter.

04-10-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Luis%20XIX Click to send private message to Luis%20XIX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Plain Jane"
04/09/04

Why does it has to be Plain Jane! I want Average Joe 4 Rachel Returns! I am hoping for someone who is almost 180 degrees away from Larissa with respect to the girl's inside characteristics!

Luis XIX

Ivorywire 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-12-04, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ivorywire Click to send private message to Ivorywire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Plain Jane"
I don't want Rachel to come back. This series is below her. She can do better on her own.

I'd like to see Bravo come out with a gay version of the show.

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-12-04, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Plain Jane"
What will be the criteria for Plain? And will they again add the "beautiful" people to stir the pot?

degenx13 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-25-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail degenx13 Click to send private message to degenx13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Plain Jane..The Real Deal."
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-04 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

Hi everyone

04-06-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
As I see it:

Chance of Brian Returns: 1%
Chance of Rachel Returns: 10%
Chance of another AJ on NBC: 50%
Chance of a simliar show on a different network: 90%

fred_garvin 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-04, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fred_garvin Click to send private message to fred_garvin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
Brian sucks. I will not watch a show with him as the host. I did not watch the first series with Adam, but in the second, I found Brian terribly annoying.

People that fawn over him for showing emotion and going for it miss the big picture. He says that he fell in love with a shallow, unintelligent, bombshell. Please, he wanted the model because he lusts for her, and having her on his arm makes him feel great, especially on tv, or in front of his friends.

For some reason, I always think this show is on Fox. It just doesn't feel like an NBC show.

04-07-04, 02:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
04/07/04

I seriously wish I would have my own "Average Joe" show! It should be called "Average Joe, Get a Life, Luis"! I'm not just a true average joe, I'm also a get-a-life type guy who lives a life very similar to Chris Peterson, who was portrayed by Chris Elliott in "Get A Life"! Now that is something for Melana, Larissa, and Adam to chew on!

Luis XIX

Ivorywire 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-12-04, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ivorywire Click to send private message to Ivorywire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
>Brian sucks. I will not
>watch a show with him
>as the host. I
>did not watch the first
>series with Adam, but in
>the second, I found Brian
>terribly annoying.
>
>People that fawn over him for
>showing emotion and going for
>it miss the big picture.
> He says that he
>fell in love with a
>shallow, unintelligent, bombshell. Please,
>he wanted the model because
>he lusts for her, and
>having her on his arm
>makes him feel great, especially
>on tv, or in front
>of his friends.
>
>For some reason, I always think
>this show is on Fox.
> It just doesn't feel
>like an NBC show.

He barely knew her. Basically, he just knew what she looked like and what little he found out when they had their brief encounters. He couldn't have been in love with her. He probably just loved the way she looked and her beauty queen personality. Beauty queens are known for saying all the right things. If this gal didn't have skills, she wouldn't have gone so far as a beauty queen. He wanted her for the same reason she wanted the other guy. If it was wrong for her to be so shallow, it was just as wrong for him to be. Being average is no excuse to be shallow. I see a double standard. People shouldn't be talking about being in love on this show.

04-07-04, 02:37 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
Chance of Larissa returning to try again--0.5%
Chance of Christine returning--0.5%
Chance of a new AJ during the summer 0.5%

NBC has lost focus, summertime is time for more adrenaline, not to refrain from it!

Luis XIX

Jazu 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-04, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jazu Click to send private message to Jazu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
I think Rachel should definately get her own show, although I believe she will end up picking someone who is more attractive than someone who will probably be the better long-term choice. As she pointed out, Adam started the show with pretty much the same values as her. However, as Adam stated he wants to be swept off his feet. I think being persued by 20 something people will change a person (inflated ego, expectations, etc), and that is what happened to Adam.

Another person I think would be interesting for the show is Adam's sister

04-07-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
How about Adam's Mother? But instead of 20 potential suitors, have twenty guys Adam's age that are looking for a dominering, hyper-opinionated, over the top Mom.

04-10-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
04/09/04

We do not want any more Melanas,Larissas or Adams! What we need is someone like Rachel or possibly like me! Is this a way cool idea or what? "Average Joe--Get A Life, Luis!"
I get to do my Chris Elliott/Peterson skit, don the latex face mask to look like Chris!! The purpose is to convince the ladies that there it is absolutely OK for a guy over 30 to still live at home, does not drive at all, and live a life very similar to Chris Peterson in "Get A Life"!! Would I stand a chance at convincing NBC to accept my idea? Chris Elliott is my hero!How many guys my age who still live at home, does not drive, does not use a credit card at all, and does not plan to settle down-- and that doesn't mean they are gay? Now that's something for Adam,and Larissa to think about!

Luis XIX

04-07-04, 02:33 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
04/07/04

You definitely hit ir right on the nose! Why can't NBC conduct "Average Joe, Brian Returns" and "Average Jane: Rachel Returns" during this upcoming summer! NBC is totally lame, summertime should be used to conduct more Average Joe! What's wrong with NBC? Hello!!

Luis XIX

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-07-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
I think they should have a show where an "average" Jane gets to choose from an assortment of "hunks". It would give those of us who are "average" a chance to dream!

WhatAboutBob 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WhatAboutBob Click to send private message to WhatAboutBob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Will we see more of Average Joe????"
I think they should have a show in which all of the women rejected by Adam move into a mansion with all of the orginal Average Joe rejects. They could call it "Average Eden". Really though, there is huge potential here to mix and match the rejects from the two shows.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-08-04, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "The "New" Average Joe"
Wouldn't it be great if Average Joe 3, 4 (whatever number it is now) or for that matter Average Jane started out the same way... Good looking girl/guy goes onto the show, knows she/he is going to get the averages to begin with but NBC will soon bring in the hunks/babes. Well the twist is on them, NBC either sends no one else in or sends in more averages. Ha ha ha, wouldn't that be funny! The babes/hunks know that they just have to endure the averages for a while because they will get the hotties next, and then they don't. Maybe I could sell that to NBC!

- of course it's a Slicey!

04-10-04, 00:31 AM (EST)
17. "RE: The "New" Average Joe"
04/09/04

Why not Average Joe 4,Rachel Returns? This Plain Jane show should be replaced by Rachel Returns! After that, Average Joe 5:
___________* Returns(*the blank should be replaced by any one of the big-time losers from Average Joe 2 who were eliminated by Larissa when she disguised herself as Big Momma Mrs.Meek. I seriously feel sorry for those poor devils who were humiliated and eliminated in that fashion!) Once again, we are ready for Average Joe 4 and 5!! The only major wish that I have is to find a girl who is on the inside the perfect antithesis of Larissa!
I consider myself very lucky to have a true friend who is physically the antithesis of Larissa! Word Life!

Luis XIX

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •