The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jason has got to win!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ginnee 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-10-04, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ginnee Click to send private message to Ginnee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jason has got to win!"
Just seen the last but 1 episode in the uk and was really feeling for Adam, but how can she not pick Jason. He is the cutest and the most sensitive. Can you really imagine kissing Adam for the rest of time? Had to find out what happens so found this site. Am now out of my misery!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jaso... AlexR 08-17-04 1
   RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jaso... alligatoruk 08-17-04 2
       RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jaso... AlexR 08-18-04 3
           RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jaso... sugerkane 08-18-04 4
               RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jaso... ireland25 08-18-04 5
                   RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jaso... hott_mamashere 08-31-04 9
   RE: Agree Average Joe in the uk wou... Ginnee 08-18-04 6
       RE: Agree Average Joe in the uk wou... jom 08-19-04 7
           RE: Agree Average Joe in the uk wou... covertwo 08-21-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AlexR 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AlexR Click to send private message to AlexR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jason has got to win!"
The final episode of Average Joe 1 just aired here in the UK.

As a British 'Average Bloke', I really don't think this show would work with British participants. Not in the same format, at least. I was constantly amazed at how all the men fawned over Melana as if she was the only girl in the world. Surely she couldn't be the ideal girl for ALL of them? Actually, she's not even that pretty.

Brits are too cynical to play along with this stuff. If a guy read out a poem to a British girl, like Adam did on their final date, she would run a bloody mile. Well, in the end I suppose she DID fly thousands of miles away! The contrast is that most British girls would have told him straight to his face that it was pathetic.

Compared with British sensibilities, all the protaganists seemed so insincere. None of them said what they really thought. I think the average Brit is more like Simon Cowell in this respect.

I thought she was pretty two-faced throughout, and I was surprised that none of the guys spotted it. In the final show, it was so obvious that she was building Adam up for the old classic "can we just be friends..." that I cannot believe he still thought he had a chance as he walked up to the plane.

As for Jason, he struck me as your regular charmer who was just trying to get into Melana's knickers (let's face it, that's all Adam was trying to do too).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

alligatoruk 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alligatoruk Click to send private message to alligatoruk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jason has got to win!"
I agree that it wouldn't work in the UK because I think most English girls would be pretty wary of guys coming out with the 'lines' that some of the Average Joes did.

However, as an English girl (not in Melena's league but not too shabby, I hope!) I did think Adam came across as sincere and I would have been bowled over by the mountain-top poem. Yes, it was cheesy (hey, he IS American!) and yes, his poetic skills need some work but I did believe his sentiments and I think English guys could take a leaf out of his book by being more open with their feelings (without getting into scary stalker "I love you even though we only met 2 minutes ago" territory!).

I think Adam was just being himself and not trying too hard, which is definitely something a half-intelligent girl can spot a mile off and something guys try way too often. I don't think Melena felt the electricity for him that she did for Jason but I think it was just a 'crush' with Jason - just as she'd had on like the other (arrogant) dude with the headscarf earlier in the series - and that was probably why she felt so giddy around him. But that fades (and if you read the rest of the board it seems it vamooshed pretty quickly) and she really should have gone for the one she felt comfortable with (i.e. Adam) as that to me is what love should be about.

On another note, I can't believe Melena could go around snogging and getting pretty intimate with so many of the guys. Of course you'd want to see if there was some spark between the two of you but hell I think rolling around in front of the fire is taking things too far! And you question Jason and Adam intentions? Maybe Melena just wanted some good loving!!!

Alli

AlexR 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AlexR Click to send private message to AlexR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jason has got to win!"
I agree, I couldn't believe that she got so intimate so quickly, especially as it was clear that she wasn't interested in most of them. I think there is a big difference between the US and UK concept of 'dating' which allows the show to work in the US in a way that wouldn't be possible in the UK.

sugerkane 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sugerkane Click to send private message to sugerkane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jason has got to win!"
Saw the finale yesterday. I cannot believe she picked Jason. She hardly spoke to the guy, there was no conversation there. The poem may have been cheesy but when he took her back to New York he treated her like a holloywood star, alot better than the stroll in Jason's town.

Did anyone else notice that despite saying she prefered personality to looks she constantly praised Jason on his 'pretty' looks and reason for picking him... 'how could anyone resist those, eyes, that smile' that said it all for me. I hope Adam finds happiness with a more deserving girl.

I also found it ridiculous how the guys were drooling over melena, she may have been pretty but it did defeat the whole idea of the show, choosing personality over looks. Melena could only use her lips to kiss them not to show a personality.

Average Joe UK would be boring, joe millionaire uk was terrible

ireland25 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ireland25 Click to send private message to ireland25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jason has got to win!"
I agree with you. Jason was boring, but I think there's more to him than you might think. I think Jason is secretly gay and not even interested in Melana. He's obviusly a model or actor. He's using this show to boost his career. She should have chosen Adam. At least he was sincere.

hott_mamashere 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hott_mamashere Click to send private message to hott_mamashere Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Seen Average Joe in the uk?Jason has got to win!"
Yeah, Jason has got to win..... He's just mighty fine and I LOVE the BOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginnee 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ginnee Click to send private message to Ginnee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Agree Average Joe in the uk would not work!"
She was too faced especially as she had said that looks mattered not, yet she went for the hunky guy. Did you see adam's face he was crushed. did you notice how jason walked up looking all pensive and worried and waited for her to speak, while Adam walked up and complimented her on her hair. i feel bad, Adam was sweet and Jason just wanted a quick lay!

jom 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jom Click to send private message to jom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Agree Average Joe in the uk would not work!"
Can anyone tell me what happened following the show ending. Fascinated to find out if it worked out, or was it all a fantasy??

covertwo 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-21-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail covertwo Click to send private message to covertwo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Agree Average Joe in the uk would not work!"
they broke it after a while but I dont know the details of the separation

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •