The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Confession of an Average Joe..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scorpion 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-06-04, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scorpion Click to send private message to Scorpion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Confession of an Average Joe..."
Well here it is the end of another series of "Average Joe", and I'll admit from the start... I was hooked from the first episode. I think there was something about the premise of this show that has rung painfully true. It finally offered and answer to the age old question of which is more important when choosing a mate "looks", or "personality". I think the show has really delivered an answer to that question, and I think it proves that yes "looks" matter more to those that are lacking in wisdom. I found it very revealing that Adam's parents could easily see through the facade of Samantha , while envisioning a future for Adam with Rachel at the same time.

I think that Adam's brief journey really encapsulated what it is like for a young man on the road to discovering what "true " love really is. I think as men we are bombarded with notions of "being the best" or "number one", In turn I think this competitive drive is carried over into our dating habits where it is believed that the guy with the best looking girl "wins". You have to understand that this attitude is really immature. Most men have been in Adam's shoes that have to make a similar decision between two women, will make the same exact choice... I did. But then something funny happens... After the relationship with "the hottie" disappears you can't help but wonder "what ever happened to?". It is only after you see your mistake laid out in front of you do you fully understand how wrong you were. This tends to happen about the same time as most guys are beginning to shed the trappings of youth and the notions they held on to while young teens - twenties. That's about the time most guys figuire out who they really are and define themselves. Only then can a guy start down the road to finding a woman who is right for him, and begin to understand what true love is all about. Adam will be headed down this road sooner rather than later, trust me.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Confession of an Average Joe... Jeff98765 04-06-04 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jeff98765 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-04, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jeff98765 Click to send private message to Jeff98765 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Confession of an Average Joe..."
I disagree with your post because I think that Rachel was more beautiful than Samantha. One was certainly not inherently more beautiful than the other. That is for sure. Don't you agree? Others?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •