The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What will the Average Janes look like?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

AJ_for_life 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-04, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AJ_for_life Click to send private message to AJ_for_life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What will the Average Janes look like?"
Now I know most will think 'fat' but really what would you think they will look like?

And do you think that we will have more simpathy for them than the Joes cause I get the impression that the people here really hated these average joes than felt sorry for them.

How do you all think we will react to women who are supposed to be ugly being humiliated because they do not fit the ideal?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What will the Average Janes loo... Icebaby 03-03-04 1
 RE: What will the Average Janes loo... ladro 03-03-04 2
   RE: What will the Average Janes loo... AJ_for_life 03-03-04 3
       RE: What will the Average Janes loo... ladro 03-03-04 4
           RE: What will the Average Janes loo... pmspml5 03-03-04 5
 RE: What will the Average Janes loo... stone4pi 03-03-04 6
 RE: What will the Average Janes loo... Big Al 03-03-04 7
   RE: What will the Average Janes loo... ladro 03-03-04 9
 RE: What will the Average Janes loo... SilverStar 03-03-04 8
   RE: What will the Average Janes loo... escapedude 03-06-04 10
       RE: What will the Average Janes loo... ladro 03-06-04 11
 RE: What will the Average Janes loo... darkfalz 03-16-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Icebaby 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Icebaby Click to send private message to Icebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
I don't think some one has to be fat or overly Geeky to be average. I would consider my self average and i'm not fat at all and far from Geeky. I'm just not super model quality.
I'm hoping that maybe the aj producers will look at the complaints and do a better job of picking the average janes then they did with the average joe's.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-03-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

It isn't absolutely clear to me that there will be 'average janes' on Adam's show. Being skeptical, I am inclined to think that the 'average jane' twist rumor might be just a hook to get people to watch the show. But, if there are average janes, they will be 'average' in the same way that Sara Jessica Parker was the average girl on Square Pegs (sorry for the dated refrerece). I don't think you will see a lot of Mindy Cohn types (FAcTS OF LIFE).

AJ_for_life 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-03-04, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AJ_for_life Click to send private message to AJ_for_life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
So they will not be the equivilant of the season two Joes? Below average.

03-03-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
yes, in other words the 'average janes' will be 6-8 on the ten scale.

pmspml5 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-03-04, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
From what previews I've seen they all look gorgeous

stone4pi 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-03-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stone4pi Click to send private message to stone4pi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
I Think they will be just as average and maybe a little less than the first 2 shows.

***Don't forget, All these women already know he is wealthy. How will he know who is the most sincere.

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
Think Zelda Gilroy from Dobie Gillis. Think the banking chick from the Beverly Hillbillies.

03-03-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
9. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
gee, I thought my Square Pegs reference was dated.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-04, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
I get the impression that the people here really hated these average joes

Did you really? I know we make fun of the AJ's alot on this board, but I know personally I have always rooted for the AJ's and liked them a heck of alot more that the vapid "hunks".
Or did you mean that we hate the selection of them because alot of people thought they were below average and not a good representation of an "average" guy?
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
As discussed before Average Janes will only bring in average ratings..After viewing some of the "Adam" previews i noticed these women to look pretty good..

btw-who ever said this was an average jane show anyway?

03-06-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
Someone stated in another thread that they read that the twist was that they were going to start with model types then bring in 'average janes' later on. No, that doesn't make sense to me either. I think some people have such a hard on to see 'average janes' that they are willing to presume that the 'avreage jane' twist story is true.

darkfalz 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-16-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail darkfalz Click to send private message to darkfalz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
Average/fat/ugly women won't like to go on a show where they have to admit that's what they are, unless it's a makeover show where they're going to come out looking better at the end. Men, who are far more down to earth, honest and self effacing, have no problems doing this.

Most of them are "plain Janes" though, but I think it's just a mistake because Adam is so rich. Women competing for a rich guy is something we've seen before, and it's tainted.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •