The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shallow deserves shallow."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

johnwww 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johnwww Click to send private message to johnwww Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shallow deserves shallow."
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

I just saw the final episode, and was sick to my stomach when Larissa chose Gil.
I knew the better looking guy would win.
Looks always win if you're shallow.
Then, Gil returned a favor.
Shallow deserves shallow.
Larissa deserves what she got.
She obviously didn't learn a thing from the show.

John Watson
Average Guy
Newport Beach California

p.s. Sorry Brian, looks like the Sox lost again.
She would never have been happy with a beer in Fenway anyway.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shallow deserves shallow. Bequia 03-02-04 1
 RE: Shallow deserves shallow. silesia18 03-02-04 2
 RE: Shallow deserves shallow. Howard Dean 03-02-04 3
 RE: Shallow deserves shallow. tanneu7 03-02-04 4
   RE: Shallow deserves shallow. Howard Dean 03-02-04 5
   RE: Shallow deserves shallow. ImZACKtheAPE 03-02-04 6
       What if it was an alternate ending? johnwww 03-02-04 7
       RE: Shallow deserves shallow. Howard Dean 03-02-04 8
           RE: Shallow deserves shallow. ImZACKtheAPE 03-02-04 9
               RE: Shallow deserves shallow. Howard Dean 03-02-04 12
 We were all duped & I was raised by... johnwww 03-02-04 10
 RE: Shallow deserves shallow. managerr 03-02-04 11
   "Extreme Averageness" ToadMagnet 03-03-04 13
       RE: "Extreme Averageness" Howard Dean 03-03-04 15
   RE: Shallow deserves shallow. Howard Dean 03-03-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bequia 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bequia Click to send private message to Bequia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."
so what was the big secret she had?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

silesia18 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-02-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silesia18 Click to send private message to silesia18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."
watching larissa get dumped at the end was fantastic. even though the reason was rather stupid, it was just nice to see her ego crushed for once.

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-04, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."
Larissa will probably gain nothing out of any of this, except maybe to be a laughing stock. It''s a shame. She never asked for any of this, but she sure made the worst of it, and sadly she got what she deserved.

tanneu7 19 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tanneu7 Click to send private message to tanneu7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."
I was totally sick too, until the last 10 minutes! Larissa got what she deserved and it was the best tv i've seen in a long time. She was so stupid that she could'nt see beyond looks and at the person who was just there to "win". Big deal if she dated Fabio, I would have just laughed. I think it's hilarious, but Gil saw it as his way out. Good for Brian, he is the only one who came out of tonights show with dignity.

03-02-04, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."

And maybe that alone is justice for the Average Joe

>Good
>for Brian, he is the
>only one who came out
>of tonights show with dignity.
>

ImZACKtheAPE 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ImZACKtheAPE Click to send private message to ImZACKtheAPE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."
What an absolute hunk of steaming sh**e we had to endure tonight!

I had to come out of message board retirement to comment. The last time I was this disappointed from a tv show was last years horrible show, Paradise Hotel. Charla is evil! Charla is evil!

And this Gil turkey. Is he serious? He was on a beautiful beach with a beautiful woman and he had a problem with her dating Fabio once. It's mind boggling what must have been going on in that man's doughnut hole sized brain. I wonder if he knows the Paradise Hotel tossers from Arizona?

I was just hoping that storm down there in Cabo was going to pick them up and wash them out to sea. Or what would have been better is if Brian was able to watch the whole scene with that submarine. Now that would have been good tv.

But we must admit. The Fabio thing was pretty funny. I and most likely many others were expecting her to say her secret was something like, she had a baby, she was just divorced, she's the new spokesmodel for Starkist-Lobster Surprise, she is the new UN Goodwill Ambassador for Jello or she's really Larry and likes to oil paint the west African wombat.

And finally, there was probably quite a few Average Joes watching tonight expecting what we all knew would happen. But atleast they and us have the joy of the last laugh.......and also one Red Sox pitcher named Tim Wakefield who was probably watching tonight's show saying to his wife...."I thought that chick was a cow!"

03-02-04, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johnwww Click to send private message to johnwww Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "What if it was an alternate ending?"
Zack-
I love your idea of Brian in the Sub!
I can hear him now... "AWWWSOME!"

But, what if they showed the ending to a screened audience and they hated Larissa picking Gil over Brian?
Then, turned it around so we wouldn't all quit watching T.V.
It's possible...

03-02-04, 03:16 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."

ROFL!!! I heard you there!

BTW, did you know the P-Ho has been reincarnated as Forever Eden?

Word is that neither Charla nor Toni is on the show. lol

>The last time I was
>this disappointed from a tv
>show was last years horrible
>show, Paradise Hotel. Charla is
>evil! Charla is evil!

ImZACKtheAPE 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ImZACKtheAPE Click to send private message to ImZACKtheAPE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."
Oh man I was watching some of that before AJ. Very scary! I figured it was a a new version of P-HO because it's almost exactly the same. They even have a rather attractive English presenter again. It's looking like it's going to be the same crap this time around. So the question is....will I watch it or not?

I wonder how Acmy and Zack-ass made out in their endeavours since P-HO. I'm hoping 1 shot misery, half an ounce of reality and a splash of heartbreak.

03-02-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."

Since all of the producers are the same people, I think we can assume that it is indeed a reincarnation.

Same tacky music, same tacky announcer, same horrible camera work. Same tacky setup where the guys vote a girl out, and then the girl is given "Instant revenge" to send one of them home.

As if revenge is the only motivation for anything we do in life ... It is *so* P-Ho that it's not even funny. How long will I watch before banishing myself from it forever? Stay tuned ...

But why talk about it here? Reality World now has a message board just for Eden

>Oh man I was watching some
>of that before AJ. Very
>scary! I figured it was
>a a new version of
>P-HO because it's almost exactly
>the same. They even have
>a rather attractive English presenter
>again. It's looking like it's
>going to be the same
>crap this time around. So
>the question is....will I watch
>it or not?

03-02-04, 01:02 PM (EST)
10. "We were all duped & I was raised by a Soap Opera Mama."
It is beginning to appear that we were all duped.
After all, it is only a show, even if it touts "reality."
Without a grand jury investigation, we may never know what really happened and why. But, like good soap opera, it raised, lowered, and inflamed our emotions.
As I sat there wondering how Larissa chose Gil, and Larissa got it in the end, and all the while feeling bad for Brian... I was taken back to my childhood...

...when one day after school I came home to find my mother in tears.
She called me next to her and I asked her what happened?
Holding back tears, she told me Jake had left Diana, and Tony was in a coma because of a car crash after leaving Rachel, and Monica was pregnant with Jake or Tony's baby.

My head spun completely off, not having met any of these people.

Then my sweet mother told me it was on her show, All My Children.

I was raised by a Soap Opera Mama.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."
I didn't think it could get worse than For Love Or Money. I was wrong.

All this show proved that

Looks w/no chemistry > No Looks w/no chemistry

I wish this show took it's own premise seriously. Instead it was out to humiliate everyone. Larissa was made to look shallow, the average joes were cast to be humiliated, and the good looking ones were cast to be vapid and or jerks.

In the real world, I've seen know beautful women who hook up with average looking guys all the time. (Even vise versa) Once they casted Larissa, they should have worked harder to find guys she could actually mesh with, instead of random guys off the street.

ToadMagnet 22 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ToadMagnet Click to send private message to ToadMagnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. ""Extreme Averageness""
(I know that the word "average" doesn't work with "extreme," but it's just like "new & improved.") Anyway, I think Larissa could easily have hooked up with an AJ - *if* they'd actually provided her with *average* guys - the men on AJ2 represented the two ends of the scale that *results* in the average. I, too, have known "beautiful" people to have great relationships with "average" people.

03-03-04, 01:43 AM (EST)
15. "RE: "Extreme Averageness""

So have I, but as both you and the poster above said, Average Joe was not intended to show people succeeding, but to bring them down. A shame.

>I, too, have known "beautiful" people
>to have great relationships with
>"average" people.
>
>

03-03-04, 01:40 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Shallow deserves shallow."

That about sums it up. More and more, I'm learning to stay away from Reality TV. You've not only described Average Joe 2, but most other Reality Shows these days.

The lone exceptions in my book being Survivor, The Bachelor and The Amazing Race.

>Larissa was made
>to look shallow, the average
>joes were cast to be
>humiliated, and the good looking
>ones were cast to be
>vapid and or jerks.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •