The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"who is fabio?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jamie Kiwi 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jamie%20Kiwi Click to send private message to Jamie%20Kiwi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"who is fabio?"
Who is Fabio???
I am french, so i don't understand it all...
I just want to know who is he, and where i was supposed to see him!!! I know that he is Larissa's ex-boyfriend, but when did we see him in the reality show??

Can't wait for an anwser!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: who is fabio? Reeflex7 03-02-04 1
 Il est beau, mais pas plus. Howard Dean 03-02-04 2
 Fabio Tiger Lily 03-02-04 3
 RE: who is fabio? tarmaq 03-02-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: who is fabio?"
He didn't appear on the show. He is a celebrity, best known for appearing shirtless on the covers of cheesy romance novels. He seems to have zero talent apart from having a nice head of hair and six-pack abs. He's taken about as seriously in America as, say, cheesy romance novels are.

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-04, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Il est beau, mais pas plus."
On utlise sa photo sur les romans d'amour. C'est tout.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-02-04, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Fabio"

He's a famous model.

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: who is fabio?"
>Who is Fabio??? I am french, so i don't understand it all...
>I just want to know who is he, and where i was supposed to see him!!! I know that he is Larissa's ex-boyfriend, but when did
>we see him in the reality show??
>
>Can't wait for an anwser!!

Fabio has probably appeared on more historical "bodice-rippers" than just about anyone! He has also written (or ghost-written)at least seven of his own romance novels.

Here is a link and some info from romantic times...
www.romantictimes.com/f_reader/f4fab2a.shtml (where there is also a great "hubba hubba" shirtless pic! No wonder Gil was insecure!)

"A household name for nearly a decade, Fabio is also the undisputed god of romance. Countless romance novel covers sport his likeness as the embodiment of the ideal hero. But even apart from his extraordinary success within that industry, Fabio is a media phenomenon.

Born Fabio Lanzoni in Milan, Italy on March 15, 1961, the blue-eyed hero was a charmer from the start--a plump, precious cherub who inherited his good looks from his mother, Flora, a former beauty queen. His father, Sauro, a businessman, and his two siblings, an older brother, Walter, and a younger sister, Christina, had no inkling of the fame he would ultimately achieve. At the tender age of 14, the striking Fabio was discovered and asked to model for Italian Vogue. It was the start of a career that would eventually take him all over the world.

He worked steadily into his 20s, and after a mandatory two-year stint in the Italian army, he decided to come to the United States. His start in the States is near legendary--Fabio walked into the Ford Agency and received a lucrative modeling contract on the spot. His stunning looks soon made him one of Ford's more sought-after male models, despite the fact that designers often had to have jackets and other garments specially made to fit his broad frame.

Fabio soon began making regular appearances on the TV show "Live With Regis and Kathie Lee." But he had already made another decision that would have a remarkable impact on his career. To supplement his other modeling jobs, he began posing for the covers of romance novels.

It was wonderful cover artist Elaine Duillo who discovered his photo in a group of head shots at the studio where she shoots. His first appearance on a historical cover was the spine of Bertrice Small's 1987 novel Enchantress Mine. Elaine was impressed enough to ask him to pose for the front cover of Johanna Lindsey's Hearts Aflame. That cover was such a success that he subsequently posed for many of Lindsey's covers, all painted by Duillo, who says that he was "such a good model that no one could compare with him."

By 1991, Fabio had attracted the attention of readers, who initially assumed that the cover star was an imaginary character, an artist's creation. Fabio's recognition as a real-life model coincided with a revolution in the industry, as the "bodice ripper" tags made way for a new level of respect. As a result, Fabio became associated with and helped pioneer a new image not only for men in the romance industry, but for the industry itself.

Romantic Times was one of the first publications to alert readers to the fact that he was a flesh-and-blood man, not a fantasy. More interest accumulated when Fabio was used as a sole cover model on two Laura Kinsale covers, The Shadow and The Star and The Prince of Midnight, after Avon executives learned that Fabio raised book sales by up to 40 percent. The Shadow and The Star featured a dripping wet Fabio emerging from the water. Avon books sent out postcards featuring the cover and also created a bookstore display that included a Fabio cutout. Both books were bestsellers and received plenty of publicity that called attention to the cover model.

Fabio began to branch into a number of different projects: bit parts in movies, a private 900 line, a Fabio poster and calendars followed.

Almost overnight, Fabio became one of the hottest names in the romance industry. It wasn't unusual to see him featured in all the tabloids simultaneously. Fabio fever was hot enough for Romantic Times to invite him and his then manager, Peter Paul, to appear at the RT convention in Savannah, Georgia in April '92. RT had delighted its readers with the first-ever Fabio centerfold just months earlier. During the convention, RT published its 100th issue, which, of course, featured a shirtless and golden Fabio as cover star."

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •