The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

karenajane 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail karenajane Click to send private message to karenajane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
Okay...I have to admit. I was, of course, rooting for Brian in the end (mostly because Gil was such a cold fish -- boring, not really that remarkable looking), but throughout the entire season, I thought Brian was just a bit off. I never believed him when he said he had a box around his heart. People who have boxes around their hearts don't advertise it. They don't suddenly drop their guard on a reality show with a semi-attractive beauty queen. They don't go on reality shows for that matter. They stay in their boxes. *grin*

I thought he lacked sincerity -- especially in the final episode where he was smooching all over Larissa in front of other people...like the quintessential trophy wife. "Lookee here, boys! I got me a looka!"

Honestly, I didn't think his intentions were any more honorable than anyone else's...so I don't really feel sorry for anyone. Least of all Larissa! What a dope!

I will miss how he called her "Larisser", tho. LOL!

So am I alone in this? I honestly don't think NBC will have Brian Worth return (like Adam) -- because Brian lacks the charisma to carry an entire season on his own like that. But then again, Larisser was nothing spectacular either...and she was the "prize".

Whatever!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Am I the only person in America... johnwww 03-02-04 1
   RE: Am I the only person in America... karenajane 03-02-04 2
       RE: Am I the only person in America... johnwww 03-02-04 4
   I heart johnwww ToadMagnet 03-02-04 3
       I heart you too TM johnwww 03-02-04 8
           RE: I heart you too TM ToadMagnet 03-02-04 12
 RE: Am I the only person in America... ladro 03-02-04 5
   RE: Am I the only person in America... karenajane 03-02-04 7
 RE: Am I the only person in America... AJ_for_life 03-02-04 6
   RE: Am I the only person in America... karenajane 03-02-04 9
       RE: Am I the only person in America... Leadoff 03-02-04 10
           RE: Am I the only person in America... karenajane 03-02-04 13
   RE: Am I the only person in America... schmuck 03-02-04 11
       RE: Am I the only person in America... johnwww 03-02-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

johnwww 17 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johnwww Click to send private message to johnwww Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
You are courageous karenajane, for saying something about our poor sweet Brian.
O.K. he looks like a chronic masturbator, but so did other skinny gangly young men before they filled out. What I saw in Brian, and for the rest of the guys on AJ, is what the face of America really is. If it wasn't a beauty contest, any one of those guys could be the fireman that carries a child from a burning building, a soldier that goes back for his buddy, a dot.com millionaire, a bartender that listens to your sorrows, the guy that fixes your car, roof, or plumbing. Or how about the guys that clear the snow off the roads for us, or the graveyard shift cops that live coffee stained nights for our safety. The guys on the boats catching our delicious fish, shrimp & lobster. The farmers that feed us, the drivers that drive us. The people that wait on us, when we are not waiting on them. A future father at a little league game, a future actor, writer, or president. I hope when we are done with our popcorn, we can all see what another skinny gangly young man did for us when Jimmy Stewart, in "It's a wonderful life" said, "You want the the moon Mary? Well, I'll lassoo the moon right now and pull it down for you" We learned then, that we are all much more alike then different. We all know a Fredo, a Brian and a Gil. And you know what? They will all grow up to become fathers, grandfathers, and part of our rich history. When your 80, good looking doesn't keep you from wetting your bed.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-02-04, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail karenajane Click to send private message to karenajane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
No, no, no...it was *never* about his looks for me. I couldn't care less about looks (seriously). If someone wins my heart, it is because of his kindness, humor, character and so forth. I dated pretty boys and average joe's alike, but have been married for 7 years to an "average joe" (I so hate that expression! It is so diminishing!)...a guy who isn't a supermodel -- but is beautiful in every way to *me*. He isn't a millionaire by a long shot (LOL -- he had just moved back in with his parents and had no job when we became engaged...things have improved since then -- but it just goes to show that I was never a gold-digger either -- lol!). He is so NOT "average" to me -- he is exceptional, but I digress.

Anyway, I agree -- the "average joes" were definitely the more interesting crew...and I would much rather have a beer with any one of them than the greazzzy bohunks.

My problem with Brian wasn't his "average-ness" -- it was his sincerity. I just didn't find him believable. I saw him as trying to prove something ("I want to show America that the average joe CAN get the girl," etc.) and I never heard him say *what* was so amazing about Larissa. She was simply "amazing". He was dazzled by her alleged beauty, but I would think that a guy like Brian would dig a little deeper...if he was in it for the long haul.

Like I said, I was still rooting for him in the end (their last day together was a freakin' fairy tale -- shame on her!)...but only because he was obviously a better choice than Gil. Bleh! Gil!

Fabio. LOL!!!!! It's still killing me. *grin*

03-02-04, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johnwww Click to send private message to johnwww Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
Sorry I didn't delve on that.
I agree with your intent, and I forgot to rant on it.
Let me give you a male answer.
I was a hunk in my 20's, now a chunk in my 40's : )
Caught up in the moment, most guys don't understand the ole' saying'
"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."
America watching, can easily see that something seems amiss.
But, all those dates holding hands and kissing...
I think every guy thought he was the one (You go Larissa!)
KJ, I don't really think he was trying too hard or was in our face when he was kissing her or courting her.
He was just a geek in love.
It always looks better when it's Richard Gere.

ToadMagnet 22 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ToadMagnet Click to send private message to ToadMagnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I heart johnwww"
Heeeeeeeeeeeee .... I think I wuv you, John ... are you sure you're a guy? Why don't you (or guys like you) live near me??

Sigh ... Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Fredo whatsizname ....

03-02-04, 02:42 AM (EST)
8. "I heart you too TM"
I do live near you TM, and please quit closing your drapes every night!
Kidding or course : )
That's just it... I/we do live near you!
Water that bulb and an onion becomes an orchid.

"Buffalo Gal woncha come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight!"

ToadMagnet 22 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-04, 02:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ToadMagnet Click to send private message to ToadMagnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I heart you too TM"
Actually ... I've always preferred the "frogs" to the hunks (who wants to hug some guy who's so "ripped" he makes you feel like you're hugging a tree?). Sadly, there's just been a serious lack of kissable frogs ... um ... so far this century, as the dust on my Scrabble board will attest ... I was starting to wonder if there were any guys with brains left.

Then again, due to the aforementioned lack of kissable frogs, I could even imagine a date with another Jim or Gil ... we could share a Power Bar and a Highlights magazine ....

P.S. John, only the drapes on the FRONT of the house are closed, run around to the back .............

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-04, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
Yes, Brian behavior was inappropriate IMHO. But, Larrissa kept validating and encouraging it. She kept praising him for being so passionate and emotional, all the while knowing that she didn't share his passion. larrissa played him for the benefit of the producers.

7. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
I agree. Her encouragement was shameless. She played him like a freaking violin. She let him believe that he really had a chance -- and maybe she did want to believe it too...but still. When you know, you know...and if she had the slightest doubt, she owed it to him to play it a bit cooler. A little less face-sucking and a lot more conversation.

AJ_for_life 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

Click to EMail AJ_for_life Click to send private message to AJ_for_life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
I think you touched on why he's an Average Joe. Being one my self who never gets a date I thought if I was in his position I would be the exact same way! If a woman of Larissa's caliber (in looks) seemed interested in me I would be as sad as Brian. If you look at movies where an average guy meets a super hot chick and loses him self, you would see a refection of real life. I bet Brian hasn't be a god in the dating sceen so Larissa leading him on (and she was) he thought "How lucky can I be, I dreamed of this moment where a perfect 10 wanted me" and he got caught up like so many others who forget its not a reality show but closer to improve than anything else.

03-02-04, 02:47 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
I dunno...if a hot guy with sawdust for brains didn't want me, I would feel relieved. LOL! I dated a few himbos in my younger days -- not all of them were stereotypical morons, but a few were. That was always the biggest turn-off for me. It's hard to have chemistry with an empty vessel (the brain is the most important erogenous zone, after all). A "perfect 10" isn't enough to go on.

Leadoff 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Leadoff Click to send private message to Leadoff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-04 AT 02:53 AM (EST)

I wouldn't feel too sorry for Brian. He's probably the biggest alpha-male fish in the Boston office of the US Dept. of Homeland Security pond right now.

And I STILL think Michael Cardamone was the perfect match for Larissa!

03-02-04, 03:03 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
>And I STILL think Michael Cardamone
>was the perfect match for
>Larissa!

Absolutely! She was equally brutal and superficial when it came to first impressions. She was such a flipping hyprocrite. Grrrr.

Actually, in an odd kind of way, Michael C. was my favorite himbo. He was incredibly honest, funnier than the other himbos, and it was a lot of fun to watch him jumping around in his own skin (somebody needs their ritalin upped!). Would I date him? Oh, maybe -- but only because he'd be a fun ride...I sure as hell wouldn't have my heart set on marriage.

schmuck 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail schmuck Click to send private message to schmuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
I agree that Larissa was leading him on. I mean, what kind of girl makes out with a guy she thinks should just be her "friend"? What the hell was going on? Pity kissing?! (If so, where can I get some!?) Was the network paying her?!

Holy crap, I honestly don't know how she could do it... I know there's no way in hell I would make out with a girl I just wanted to be "friends" with especially if she was an "average jane". I will, be honest and say that if she were "hot" (or I really drunk), I might just think "the heck with it, why not?" and give it a go.

I think you could tell she was a lot more into it when she was making out with Gil than with Brian. It looked like she could hardly keep her hands off Gil, but with Brian, it seemed like his hands were all over her, while she kept to herself more or less.

I felt bad for Brian - he was all giddy because he was with a girl way outta his league. On the other hand, Gil was way cooler about the whole thing, partly because of his personality, and I bet partly because he's probably dated a lot of attractive women, and Larissa wasn't necessarily anything special or spectacular to him.

I think the saddest thing for Brian, is that his memories of Fenway Park, and of meeting Tim Wakefield are going to be tainted with his memory of Larissa. The poor guy may never fully enjoy watching his Sox play anymore...

Schmuck.

03-02-04, 03:06 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Am I the only person in America who thought Brian was a bit off?"
S-
Don't worry about Brian or the Sox.
They're both use to losing, and always bounce back!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •