The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My Opinion about the Average Joe"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Timer 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-04, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Timer Click to send private message to Timer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My Opinion about the Average Joe"
I watched the first Average Joe, and it held my interest. The promos for the second show got me hooked as well. Why? Marissa! I've been attracted to her the whole time, even more so than the girl in the first one, what's her name. However, as the show wore on I kept saying to myself, "this is going on too long."

I was upset that I missed the last episode, after having invested so much time in the series, but these are my thoughts about this particular reality show.

1. I don't believe it. I don't believe that Marissa cares about any of these guys, and that she is just playing to the camera. She knows there is a career in it for her. So what difference does it make who she picks anyway? It's not like they are going to get married or anything, right?

2. I think having a bunch of big geeky fat guys on a show like this has run its course. It's not fair to the girl, and it certainly isn't fair to any of the guys. We've seen that premise twice now, so in my opinion twice is enough.

3. I'm not as attracted to Marissa as I was in the beginning. I mean come on, she'll make out with anybody. I wish I would have seen the latest episode. From reading all the posts I guess dumb blonde applies to guys as well as girls.

4. Marissa is to into herself, but I like her. She seems bright enough, and I like some of her artwork. She's an OK girl. If she can get a career out of this, then good for her.

5. Even if Brian gets picked, then what? Poor Brian.

6. No more Average Joe's. The show is too contrived.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 LArissa not MArissa heracane 02-26-04 1
 RE: My opinion... Average JOanne. Merrydol 02-26-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

heracane 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-04, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "LArissa not MArissa"
just a friendly correction
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Merrydol 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Merrydol Click to send private message to Merrydol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My opinion... Average JOanne."
I agree. No more average joe's.
And does anyone else get tired of the "Beauty(woman) and the beast(man)" thing?
Let's turn it around... how about an Average Joanne?
What do you think?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •