The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

mojoutd 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-04, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mojoutd Click to send private message to mojoutd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
you know, if there's one thing, about this show, that is changing my interpretations its the women vs the men.

Adam being allowed to send the Bikini models home was perfect, in my opinion and the right thing to do. The sad thing is they might never know it. I'm hoping they will get clued in on the fact he did that. IT'd make Jen L a little happier.

Secondly, this show has really opened my eyes. The women are not Bonding like the men. Heh, In fact, it's really a no on that! They are basket cases! The Insecurity level is through the roof! The women are also REALLY petty and cutthroat! If i got sent home with her, i'd shoot myself? WTF!

I think it's wrong, and sadly we'll never know, if Larissa, or Malena could have sent the hunks home. Like it or not, Adam did what he did, which in my opinion, he should have been able to keep the four around for another week.

The single mom thing is the hardest opinion to make. One, i've dated single mothers. They are in fact, the hardest to actually guage and work with. There's a kind of cloud around them. They size you up right away, and they judge you. Many, and i've dated three come right out and say, i think this is a bad idea, or they shake you quickly to see what you;re like. One in particular, straight out told me, on the phone, I've got a kid, and i was like, No problem, i don't have any expectations at the moment. I mean it doesn't bother me, adn it didn't. But in the course of the date, it sort of turned into a pity party, where she began to curse and spit insult after insult toward her X who was apparently enjoying the good life, College, dating scene, not a lot of trouble, and
was in her opinion not to blame, though she made the choice to keep the child, but was still not really a man. On the whole it was kinda sad, because like what's her name said, these women are strong as hell, and are attractive, capable women, and as far as i can tell pretty good mothers.

What through me off was immediately, in the middle of the date, where things were really clicking, she starts to say things like, "This Date can't go anywhere tonight, before you get ideas." I'm not saying i had them, though i'm also not saying i didn't, but to throw it out there like that--like i saw her as a piece of meat was a little harsh. Then, you know she spouts, and I don't kiss on the first date. And Sex is completely out of the question. You want to date me, you'll have to show you can control your hormones, and blah blah blah, and all of a sudden, this women, who I am really interested in, detroys all the romance. She begins spewing a feminist rap at me, in the name of all single mothers, and women, along the lines, of men should grow up and take responsibilities of the situation.

This is not a rant but, you have to understand, that right there, killed it for me. IT completely killed any chance i would ask her for a second date. Now, not all women were like this women, the other was a very sweet individual, whose abusive Ex-idiot of a husband, drank too much, got arrested too much, and completely controlled all aspects of her life to the point she was afraid of men. to the point she equated a raised voice, with a raised fist. and that was by far a tragedy. Sadly, the second, was an emotional online relationship, that lasted two years, and after two years, she wouldn't even meet me for coffee. She called my house in the middle of the night to cry through the phone and talk to me, but she didn't trust me enough to meet me.

You're probably all thinking, what is this the MOJOutd story hour. The Catharsis in this room is killing me, well at least i'm not spouting that they are waste and drains on the welfare system.

I'm trying to find the middle ground. I can't justify why adam sent her home? He madeout with her first? right? sheesh, if so, then yeah that was bad, but i can in a way emphasize.

Starting a relationship with a single mother is hard. Marriage is even harder, because there is always that moment, when the kid spits right in your face and says, "you're not my father! You can't tell me what to do. I've seen it done, and done and done, and always, it breaks the man in half, pysically and emotionally.

IT's the hardest, hardest dating thing to look at and not be a little wary. I've also heard rumors that Single Fathers are so sexy and nothing more sexy and blah blah blah, how many women actually go out of their way to date men with children? I think the amount is about the same. I think the cloud of the child, always becomes an obstacle in the way.,

My last point is thus. WOMEN are really rough on each other in this one. The Jocks in Average Joe cramped each other, and there were occasional moments when the joes butted heads, but on the whole, the air about the place was strong, friendly.

These women are REALLY REALLY emotional, and the problem i'm about to have is this. Don't SEE don't TELL! LAst Season, the producers SCREWED FREDO! He probably wouldn't have quit if he hadn't SEEN Larrissa kissyfacing with whoever!

NOW the Producers are going to SHOW EVERY woman in the house, Adam making out with them all? WTF! How is that Fair?!?!?! And you can already see, they get upset, and what do they do, they blame him!?!!!!!

LArissa made out with ALL of the Himbos! She made out with a lot of the Joes! Well, maybe Made out is a strong word, but HELL, she wasn't labeled a dog for it, or a skank or whatever! Why is Adam labeled the DOG?!!! He is seeing if he is compatable, much the way Larissa or whoever was...

SEE that is what bothers me! That is what shows me the world is a double edges sword, and the producers are assholes. They Want the drama level kicked up a high notch, and as far as I'm concerned, it's unwarranted, it's also a violation of things they didn't do to the Joes.

FREDO is the exceptionm but then again, he could have stuck it out.
Average Joe needs to stick to one set of rules. IF LArissa wasn't allowed to send the hunks Home, adam shouldn't have been able too, but WE Will never know.

Adam still did the right thing! I salute him for it, though Kelly was Foine! I still have dreams about the small of her back in Las Vegas. (My Bad.)

IF Adam Returns has a date destroyer Plunger-detonator in the house, you can bet the women will use it. Jen L will slam that thing, faster than you can blink.

It is interesting, the women are really really emotional. it's a whole new ball game, and it's interesting. Average Joe really makes you see some stuff. Women are interested in Hot Bodies too. The double standard is alive and well! thabnk you Average Joe!

Thoughts! Pour em at me!

Mojo!!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... Chrissy gal 03-23-04 1
 RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... thetick 03-23-04 2
 RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... ohiofan15 03-23-04 3
 RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... mmm_link 03-23-04 4
 RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... darkfalz 03-23-04 5
   RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... mrc 03-23-04 6
   RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... Esbea 03-23-04 7
   RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... FesterFan1 03-23-04 9
       RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... Matthewzmom 03-23-04 14
           RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... Rockytop Chick 03-23-04 16
               RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... Matthewzmom 03-23-04 27
                   RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... ladro 03-23-04 28
       RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... MTW1961 03-23-04 21
           RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... FesterFan1 03-23-04 29
               RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... SurvivorBlows 03-23-04 30
               RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... mmm_link 03-24-04 33
 RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... kevinbac 03-23-04 8
   RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... MTW1961 03-23-04 22
       RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... Gina99 03-23-04 24
 RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... ladro 03-23-04 10
   Single moms Wacko Jacko 03-23-04 11
       RE: Single moms Wacko Jacko 03-23-04 12
           RE: Single moms AJ_for_life 03-23-04 13
               RE: Single moms sez8175 03-23-04 15
 RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... SurvivorBlows 03-23-04 17
   RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... SurvivorBlows 03-23-04 18
       RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... CantStandToLook 03-23-04 19
       There's that race thing again! mrc 03-23-04 20
           Brittany - MEEE-YOW! N305AS 03-23-04 23
               RE: Brittany - MEEE-YOW! escapedude 03-23-04 26
               RE: Brittany - MEEE-YOW! mmm_link 03-24-04 34
       RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... ladro 03-23-04 25
       RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... mmm_link 03-24-04 32
   RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... thetick 03-23-04 31
       RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... SurvivorBlows 03-24-04 35
           RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Mom... thetick 03-24-04 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-23-04, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
I enjoyed reading your post Mojo. We all have different angles that we take when looking at these "Reality" shows.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

thetick 279 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-04, 03:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
regarding your last point on drama

As Adam sent the models packing the show/producers faced a vacuum in the requisite drama department. So, they compensate by showing all the ladies Adam kissing various girls. Did the gathering around the big screen when the show promo came on not look a bit contrived? Come on, with the amount of backbiting we've seen already do you really think all the women would voluntarily choose to all watch tv together at that time? In a house that big, the little sub cliques would have spread out if on their own volition. That tv watching session was staged to stir up the pot.

ohiofan15 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-23-04, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohiofan15 Click to send private message to ohiofan15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
>you know, if there's one thing, about this show, that is
>changing my interpretations its the women vs the men.

I got the same thought myself. ALmost as if they are pitting one against the other....just an observation

>Adam being allowed to send the Bikini models home was perfect,
>in my opinion and the right thing to do.
Amen. He did the right thing there. truth be told I thought Adam was about to put his foot up someones backside for a second there

IT'd make Jen L a little happier.

Well don't you appreciate Jen's vulernability? I do. As a less than hunky guy, I sure can see where she's coming from. And I wonder out loud if she isnt comparing herself to some of the other girls and finding a diminishing return on her investment of time...know what I mean?

>
>Secondly, this show has really opened
>my eyes. The women are
>not Bonding like the men.
No they aren't wow. Pretty catty some of them....

> Heh, In fact, it's really a no on that! They are basket cases! The Insecurity level is through the roof! The
>women are also REALLY petty and cutthroat! If i
>got sent home with her, i'd shoot myself? WTF!

Well I wouldnt go that far but I can understand the insecurity, it is a natural response to the situation....imho/
>
>The single mom thing is the hardest opinion to make.
>One, i've dated single mothers. They are in fact,
>the hardest to actually guage and work with. There's
>a kind of cloud around them. They size you up
>right away, and they judge you.
Having dated single moms I can certainly see what you mean. I'm not sure Adam did the "right" thing but i give him this, he was dead on honest with her..

>You're probably all thinking, what is this the MOJOutd story hour.

Hey you are a VERY GOOD story teller, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

>These women are REALLY REALLY emotional, and the problem i'm about to have is this. Don't SEE don't TELL! LAst Season, the producers SCREWED FREDO!

This is defintitely a "can of worms" wondering how Adam and the girls will handle it...

>NOW the Producers are going to SHOW EVERY woman in the
>house, Adam making out with them all? WTF!
>How is that Fair?!?!?!
It isn't all it is is a machination by the producers to bump up the tension a few dozen notches imho! and for the record, I agree it isn't fair and believe it is nothing more than cheap, down and dirty manipulation nothing more.

>And you can already see, they get upset, and what do they do, they blame him!?!!!!!
Yeah, a natural response they are counting on to increase the tensions and pressures in an already emotionally charged environment imho.

>LArissa made out with ALL of the Himbos! She made
>out with a lot of the Joes! Well, maybe Made out is a strong
>word, but HELL, she wasn't labeled a dog for it, or a skank or whatever!

GOOD point! mebbe its time someone did

> Why is Adam labeled the DOG?!!! He is seeing if he is compatable, much the way Larissa or whoever was...
Natural response, tell me if you weren't him you wouldn't do the same thing, I KNOW I would be kissing on them and all. I admit it, but I'm not a dog, just a red blooded male thats all...eh?

>SEE that is what bothers me! That is what shows me the world is a double edges sword, and the producers are assholes.
> They Want the drama level kicked up a high notch, and as far as I'm concerned, it's unwarranted, it's also a violation of
>things they didn't do to the Joes.
GREAT POINT, couldnt agree more!!

>Adam still did the right thing! I salute him for it, though Kelly was Fine! I still have dreams about the small of her
>back in Las Vegas.
Hmmmm getting personal there
>
>IF Adam Returns has a date destroyer Plunger-detonator in the house, you can bet the women will use it. Jen L will slam that thing, faster than you can blink.

Lets hope there is no plunger detonator in that house then. The whole show could implode.. I like Jen L truth is i am rooting for her (I dont know why, maybe her bountiful personality, no that wasnt a back handed reference to her....ahem... endowments but her personality.
>

>It is interesting, the women are really really emotional. it's a whole new ball game, and it's interesting.
> Average Joe really makes you see some stuff. Women are interested in Hot Bodies too. The double standard is alive and well!
Yes the emotional level is getting pretty high.

Ohio

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-23-04, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
When I was watching the show last night, I saw very little difference between it and The Bachelor (no roses I guess). The producers tried to throw in some bikini women and it failed. They are trying to throw a curve on the makeout sessions on TV. I don't agree with him making out with all of the "hotter" women, but my guess is this will make Adam's next elimination easier...keep Jennifer L.

darkfalz 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-23-04, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail darkfalz Click to send private message to darkfalz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Certainly affirms what I've been saying all along. Average guys do not WANT super-hot women. They want average women, women at their own level.

They don't want a woman that every other guy will be trying to steal off them, and every hunk will look at them as a couple and think "how can she be with that loser, I'm going to steal her off him".

This is different to how women think. Women, if they are average, ugly or whatever, they still want a goregous hunk with a perfect body. Being rich helps too. Average women don't like men at their own level and this is what fuels the billion dollar cosmetic (and cosmetic surgery) industry.

Thank you Adam for proving that men are not the shallow ones, it's women!

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Umm, haven't you already went on this tirade on another thread that has been locked? We get it already.

While we can lament the unfairness of Adam's decision and its broader statement about American society, if it made him that uncomfortable, he did the right thing. He was obviously surprised to hear that Brittany had a six-year-old son. If he had more time to reflect, maybe he would have kept her. Given the time constraints of having to make a decision, he probably went with his initial gut reaction--"I'm not ready for this." In the real world, perhaps he would have given it more thought and reconsidered. But this is TV, and he did what he did.

Also note that Brittany sprung this on Adam without giving them a chance to discuss the circumstances surrounding her relationship with the son's father and what led to her being a single mom. A number of questions might arise in Adam's mind: Is the father in prison/dead/paralyzed? Did they get married at an early age, then divorce? Was he abusive of her or the son? Is the father a former president from Arkansas who has a wife that . . . never mind!

Bottom line for me is this: if she wanted to hang around, she should have waited for a better moment to bring up the son to Adam and give them a chance to discuss it fully. She didn't, and she suffered the unfortunate consequence of boarding the bus.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
"Women, if they are average, ugly or whatever, they still want a goregous hunk with a perfect body. Being rich helps too. Average women don't like men at their own level and this is what fuels the billion dollar cosmetic (and cosmetic surgery) industry."

If this is your understanding of women, its no wonder you dont like them much. I am also wholly offended that you have phrased this statement as fact, and representative of what all women think. Youve obviously had some bad luck. You may not want to be so quick to blame all of that on the woman.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Average guys do not WANT super-hot women.

Riiiight. And this is why these Average Joes went on a TV show to score a supermodel?

Fester
I don't know about you, but it's much more common in my experience to see not-so-hunky guys with hot women than vice versa.

Matthewzmom 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-23-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Matthewzmom Click to send private message to Matthewzmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Well, It would have been impressive for Adam to have sent home the supermodels...however one of those models is really an actress. She played on general hospital for 3 or 4 months about a year ago. So at least for me, it is hard to believe that it wasn't just set up to make him look better.

Just my two cents.

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-23-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
OH, I thought she looked familiar!!! Didn't she play Angel, had something going on with Jax and fled the country after killing her father??? Had something going on with Sonny too, I think.

Matthewzmom 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Matthewzmom Click to send private message to Matthewzmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Yes! That's her. I guess her stint on GH landed her on reality TV. It still seemed to much like a set up to me. I was reading on a different board that she was on the first Average Joe show as well. Guess they liked her enough to want her to come back.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-23-04, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
I have no doubt the models' entrance was scripted to create buzz and the exit was scripted to make Adam look like a hero. And Adam being the DAW that he is, played along with the whole thing. I suspected as much prior to the show, but am now sure. I don't understand why more people don't see this.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-23-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
The original Average Joes signed up for a TV show called "Life of the Party". It wasn't a dating show, and they didn't know about the real premise until it started.

All these girls specifically signed up for a dating show, and SPECIFICALLY signed up because they liked Adam. No doubt, the household dynamic is much different as a result.

This would easily explain why the girls seem so emotionally invested and unable to bond as friends, unlike the guys.

Handcrafted by RollDdice - thanks, RollD, you are the MAN!

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
OK. But at some point they would've had to have been notified as to what was really happening and given the opportunity to leave.

The larger point is that it's preposterous to suggest that 'average' guys don't pursue, or don't think about pursuing, women who are 'out of their league'. I've spent enough time in bars to know better.

Fester

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
>The larger point is that it's
>preposterous to suggest that 'average'
>guys don't pursue, or don't
>think about pursuing, women who
>are 'out of their league'.
> I've spent enough time
>in bars to know better.

Ya, but at how many of those bars has the guy already had 15 other attractive women chasing after him?

I know what you're saying, but this situation was kinda unique, honestly I kinda agree with the idea that due to insecurities, "average joes" want to date a "10" but want TO MARRY a "7" or "8" (which is what I think the other psoter was basically trying to say)

...its no different then the old "men want to date a blond but marry a brunette" saying (or at least I think that's the saying -- its something like that)

-SB

03-24-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
I've tried once...once.

kevinbac 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kevinbac Click to send private message to kevinbac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
I was sad to see Brittany (single mom) go. She was not only beautiful, but seem to be a wonderful person. I can understand why Adam eliminated her. She made the comment that her son already has a father, but if Adam would have picked Brittany in the end, he would have been in involved in her son's life. I don't think some women with children realize that the man they are dating does have an influence on their children. Just being around a children daily has an influence. Brittany needs to find a guy who wants to be an active part of her child's life as a responsible adult, not necessarily a father figure. Adam wasn't ready for that and I have to respect him for admitting it.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-23-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
I thought Brittany was gorgeous, but once she opened her mouth I didn't like her at all. Her complete lack of understanding why Adam may not want to date a girl with a child was self-centered and immature.

Handcrafted by RollDdice - thanks, RollD, you are the MAN!

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section

Gina99 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-23-04, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gina99 Click to send private message to Gina99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
I agree. It didn't make sense that she was calling Adam immature for his decision. I thought it was the most mature thing he could have done. If he isn't ready to be a step-parent, then why put her son through that.

03-23-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
i agree with pretty much everything you said about single moms, but i disagree with your comments about the women's emotions and behaviors.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges. The AJs had no preconcieved expectations regarding the woman they were there to date. I suspect most of them saw the show as either an acting assignment or an adventure.

For the most part, the women in Adam Returns only applied to be on the show because they were attracted to Adam. They saw AJ1 where Adam was edited to be this flawless guy with a sense of humor, and just as importantly Adam was presented as 'attainable'. A lot of the women had serious emotional attachment to Adam prior to the show. That attachement would make them more competitive.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-23-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Single moms"
I know exactly where Adam was coming from and don't blame him one bit.

I married a single mom with two kids. Believe me, you encounter many difficult situations because of it - and not really being the kids dads. It is not fun for the most part. If Adam isn't ready for it now than I don't blame him. Adam is young enough where he don't have to get himself into that situation. I think he made the right choice. he has all these women throwing themselves at him and because of that he can decide to eliminate them for any reason he chooses.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-23-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Single moms"
What's more entertaining insecure females or nerdy guys?

I am finding this episode of Average Joes very boring. It's The Bachelor with people lacking people skills.

The Producers wanted to give Adam the opportunity to dismiss the Models. Otherwise they would've just walked in the room during the elimination ceremony like in the past two Average Joes.

AJ_for_life 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-23-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AJ_for_life Click to send private message to AJ_for_life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Single moms"
Nerdy guys are more funny cause we can hate them as opposed to feeling sad for the women. And believe me, after reading this board of AJ Hawaii, they DISTAIN loser guys and feel sorry for A janes.

As for single moms, they should be greatful a guy does not want them cause of their kid. If a guy wanted them but not their kid they would lie to the mom's just to sleep with them and just after they got what they want. Dont think of your kid as an obsticale but a way to cut those who want you for real and those that just want to bang you.

sez8175 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sez8175 Click to send private message to sez8175 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Single moms"
I am new so please bear with me. And I was a single mom, till me wonderful husband came along. With that said I think Adam did the right thing dismissing Brittany. It is hard enough trying to find someone (when you have a child) but to try and do it on national tv.

03-23-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-04 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

Just a couple of notes re: Brittany, sure, she was clearly one of the most attractive women on the show, but to be clear, from what I've been told, she's far from the typical sweey, innocent "unwed teenage mother who made a mistake" type.

I'm not sure what her education status is, but she appears to still be a student writer at the Univerisity of Louisville's student newspaper, and I'm told she was featured in a recent story there recently where she called herself a "swimsuit model" and not a substitute teacher. I'm also told that she posed topless for Playboy in its "Girls of the Conference USA" issue.

She also is a kinda sloppy writer, apparently quoting her own younger sister (a fellow U of L student) in one recent student newspaper article on a debate of making the school buildings smoke-free and not noting her relationship to her:

http://www.louisvillecardinal.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/01/13/400378b9e56ba?in_archive=1

I guess my point is that other than the fact that she arrived on the first bus and not the second one with the models, I'm not really sure what's the difference between her and the model group. If Adam didn't feel the model women were "appropriate" for him, I'm not sure that a "swimsuit model" who posed for Playboy is any better a match -- child or no child.

-SB

03-23-04, 04:17 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Just a note that I found the "model" link, apparently it wasn't from the student paper, but instead from the local paper (and has gone offline but is still in Google's cache)

Louisville residents who tune into the NBC reality show "Average Joe: Adam Returns" tonight will see a familiar face. Full-time model Brittany Ducker, 23, a graduate of the University of Louisville and Assumption High School (class of '98), is one of the beauties vying for the attention of Adam Mesh, 28, who was the runner-up on the first show. The action gets under way at 10 p.m.

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:qqNZdY04a8QJ:www.louisvillescene.com/louisvil/scene/movies/thebuzz.html+%22BRITTANY+DUCKER%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Oh, and apparently she also wrote into some online relationship advice column last year asking for advice with some guy she'd been dating for three years but was refusing to marry her:

http://www.power-surge.com/cgi-bin/ask_experts/viewQa.cgi?indexNum=1027889604&expert=relationships

-SB

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Thanks Webby

Sounds like Adam dodged the rebound bullet. I've been there and it damages worse than a hollow point.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "There's that race thing again!"
Hopefully, a couple of posters (who will remain unnamed) won't see Brittany's reference to how her race affected her relationship and start off on that track again.

You are correct, SB--Brittany's writing lacks organization and clarity. The advice columnist doesn't seem too swift, either, IMHO. That's what happens when you write in to an online relationship "expert," I suppose.

N305AS 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail N305AS Click to send private message to N305AS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Brittany - MEEE-YOW!"
I thought Brittany was gorgeous, but once she opened her mouth I didn't like her at all. Her complete lack of understanding why Adam may not want to date a girl with a child was self-centered and immature.

Agreed. Look, Adam made the proper choice in letting her go, as he has a very short time to see if he "clicks" with one girl. He certainly doesn't need the added roll of the dice on whether or not he can click with her son as well.

It would have been unfair to everyone involved to keep her around, and as others have mentioned earlier, she shouldn't have waited until the last minute to spring this very big surprise on Adam.

I found Brittany to be both beautiful and charming - right up until her "I've been shown the door to the bus" postscript.

Bottom line? She was immature and rude. She tried to make it look as though her being rejected was due to Adam being superficial, shallow, or whatever - and in reality he was being practical and shrewd. For both of them.

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Brittany - MEEE-YOW!"
Yes that was immature of her to assume all that...He could of had many reasons as to why he cut her..
A-He might be looking for a local girl..(He mentioned that when speaking about that blonde he was making out with )
B-Maybe he thought she was too young
C-Her accent
D-her kid

03-24-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Brittany - MEEE-YOW!"
Could it be that the Producers told her she had to come clean about her child sometime prior to elimination???

03-23-04, 07:31 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Great stuff. I would bet that she lied about the having a kid in order to get on the show. It is possible she slipped though the screening process, but I have to believe that all the applicants had to fill out a quesionaire prior to being accepted. And that all applicant profiles that included children found the circular file.

03-24-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Wow, good thing Adam got rid of her as soon as he did. She was sure to stir up the pot later and quite possibly boost the ratings through the roof.

03-23-04, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thetick Click to send private message to thetick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
Hey SB

props for pointing out which issue of playboy, that made it so much easier to go hunting through my back issue collection.
muchos gracias

just kidding

03-24-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
>or pointing out which issue of playboy, that made it
>so much easier to go hunting through my back issue
>collection.

LOL, glad to help, but I only pointed out it was "Girls of the Conference USA" not because I've seen it (I haven't) but just to make it clear it was a "amateur" thing and that she wasn't a real porn star or anything like that -- kinda like Road Rules' Mary Beth Decker from last year:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1298

-SB

03-24-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Bikini Models GONE! Single Moms, and the emotions run high"
...mmm

Mary Beth...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •