The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-03-04, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
beaver? Where I come from (West Coast) it is like calling her a 'piece of a$$'. It isn't even remotely a compliment!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Silvergirl1 02-03-04 1
   RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... buckeyefan 02-03-04 14
 Not here in the Mid West either heracane 02-03-04 2
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... geg6 02-03-04 3
   RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Fraz 02-03-04 11
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... mookiemeister 02-03-04 4
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Schnookie Palookie 02-03-04 5
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... ladro 02-03-04 6
   RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Howard Dean 02-03-04 12
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... DoodleBug 02-03-04 7
   RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... teejax22 02-03-04 8
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... lovethisreality 02-03-04 9
   RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... escapedude 02-03-04 10
       RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Shakespeare_Thompson 02-03-04 15
           RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Silvergirl1 02-03-04 16
           RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Chrissy gal 02-03-04 17
               RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... hunterjax 02-03-04 18
           RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Howard Dean 02-05-04 23
       RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Howard Dean 02-05-04 22
   RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Shakespeare_Thompson 02-04-04 20
       huh? heracane 02-05-04 21
           RE: huh? Shakespeare_Thompson 02-05-04 24
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... Howard Dean 02-03-04 13
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... HyperTyper 02-03-04 19
 RE: Is it a compliment to call a wo... ValleyGirl 02-07-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-04, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."

It's not a compliment on the East coast, either, Chrissy. I thought his explanation was really lame.

To me, a beaver has always been a crude expression to describe part of the female anatomy, and it does not mean "beautiful woman"!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

buckeyefan 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-03-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyefan Click to send private message to buckeyefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
I heard Michael on the radio again this morning in Cleveland. He was trying to defend himself about the comment, but wasn't doing a good job. Callers were really getting on him saying they don't like him or his behavior. One put him on the spot asking him how come he did not have his nipple ring on!! He seemed to get annoyed that someone who knew him called in to harrass him!! I got a good laugh as they turned the tables on him!

heracane 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-03-04, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Not here in the Mid West either"
It is a crude term to describe a womans anatomy. If I had been Larissa I may have asked him how stupid he thought I was, after he gave that oh so eloquant explanation.. yet she kept him.. no suprise.. maybe she is stupid

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
You're right, Chrissy Gal, it is a crude comment and I would have tossed him so fast his head would still be spinning. Believe me, I have definitely heard THAT one before being that I am from a place outside Pittsburgh called Beaver County. I am soooo disappointed in Larissa for taking his apology at face value and not calling him out on it. My estimation of her went way down and that is saying something as she was soaring after how sweet she was with the Joes last night.

Fraz 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-03-04, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fraz Click to send private message to Fraz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
>I am soooo disappointed in
>Larissa for taking his apology
>at face value and not
>calling him out on it.

I've noticed that Larissa seems to appreciate directness. Note that she went on a date with Brian after he told her how he really felt about the himbos.

I think she kept Michael because he 'fessed up, but she booted Theo because his confession was forced. Also, Michael's "humor" was at her expense, while Theo's "humor" was at the AJs' expense. She seems genuinely concerned about the AJs (not that she would necessarily date one in real life!).

I'm NOT saying that Michael's comments are funny or acceptable, especially on TV. What WAS he thinking??

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-03-04, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
It's not a compliment as far as I know. It's actually kinda degrading.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
Coming from Canada, which has a Beaver as it's national symbol, even I would be offended by being called a "beaver". No class whatsoever!

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-03-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
There was a six month period back in the late 70s when CB radio radios were popular and it was hip to call women (little) beavers. It is only a compliment if you are a fan of Smokey and Bandit.
10-4 good buddy.

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-03-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."

ROFL!!!!!!

>There was a six month period
>back in the late 70s
>when CB radio radios were
>popular and it was hip
>to call women (little) beavers.
>It is only a compliment
>if you are a fan
>of Smokey and Bandit.
>10-4 good buddy.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
That comment was just rude. And his explanation and apology was lame. Talk about not trusting someone! If she is worried about Todd, then she shouldn't trust Michael C either.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

teejax22 96 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teejax22 Click to send private message to teejax22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-04 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

Plus I think Michael's apology (I hope I have his name right) was done to put pressure on Theo to confess what he did ie. drawing the cartoon pics of the AJs. It was a clearly a strategy because he knew that Larissa already heard about the comment and like he said...he was not gonna go down alone. Both of them are asses!

lovethisreality 68 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovethisreality Click to send private message to lovethisreality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
Well all guys I have ever known knew that term meant "pu**y" and was a term meant to refer to women as no more than piece of booty. I could not believe how he tried to convince her that it was a compliment!!! .

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-03-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
Either Larissa was a complete idiot for accepting his apology or extremelty forgiving..Im sure she will wise up and boot him soon.

Shakespeare_Thompson 10 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shakespeare_Thompson Click to send private message to Shakespeare_Thompson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
I don't think she was an idiot for not booting him, she hasn't said ten words to him yet. He was dumb to say what he said, but Fredo already called her "a nice piece of a$$" (those Clevland guys??). I don't think Mike C. will last through the next round of eliminations, but I certainly think it was better to keep him than the three she booted- Theo (I sould have something witty to say about such a tool, but I think you all have covered that) Ponytail (If there average IQ is 129 one of those other NAJ's must be Einstein to smooth out the hill this troll put in that bell curve) and good ole "Yeah, I do look good. I really care about my appearence" Pete. Given the other options I think she made a good call.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."

Welcome to the boards, Shakespeare_Thompson!

My favorite line in your post:

Ponytail (If there average IQ is 129 one of those other NAJ's must be Einstein to smooth out the hill this troll put in that bell curve)

LOL!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-03-04, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
He was dumb to say what he said, but Fredo already called her "a nice piece of a$$" (those Clevland guys??).

I didn't notice that! Fredo just lost a lot of points in my book!

**Chrissy gal makes a note to never, ever go to Cleveland**

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
On the first episode, Fredo made mention of Larissa being a "nice piece," right after meeting her and coming through the door. I was not offended by that cause it's such a standard male comment.

For some reason though, the beaver comment really offends me. It's so low class. It's reminds me of the difference between a woman being called the "b" word and being called the "c" word. The latter is more extreme of an insult.

02-05-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."

Great post Shakespearre!

>I don't think she was an
>idiot for not booting him,
>she hasn't said ten words
>to him yet. He
>was dumb to say what
>he said, but Fredo already
>called her "a nice piece
>of a$$" (those Clevland guys??).
>I don't think Mike C.
>will last through the next
>round of eliminations, but I
>certainly think it was better
>to keep him than the
>three she booted- Theo (I
>sould have something witty to
>say about such a tool,
>but I think you all
>have covered that) Ponytail (If
>there average IQ is 129
>one of those other NAJ's
>must be Einstein to smooth
>out the hill this troll
>put in that bell curve)
>and good ole "Yeah, I
>do look good. I really
>care about my appearence" Pete.
> Given the other options
>I think she made a
>good call.

02-05-04, 01:40 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-04 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

Yeah I think she's forgiving. I also think that she will boot him sooner or later.

>Either Larissa was a complete idiot
>for accepting his apology or
>extremelty forgiving..Im sure she will
>wise up and boot him
>soon.

02-04-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shakespeare_Thompson Click to send private message to Shakespeare_Thompson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
You asked in another thread what everyone thinks of Michael C. So I'll go ahead and give you my opinion.

I think Michael C. is unfortunately the most average guy on the show. He has enough social graces to be polite in front of Larissa, but not enough to have some class when she isn't there. He thinks wanting to have sex with her is a compliment. He's civil to the AJ's, but he is not as nice behind their back (I'm thinking about when he talked about wanting to be a fly on the wall on Brian W.'s date) Unfortunately I believe Michael C. is a very typical example of the American 20something male. For the most part I think he is an OK guy. But he lacks any real genuiness.

"Michael, I think you've been a little hard on the beaver." What's the difference between Michael C. calling her a "beaver" and Fredo calling her a "piece of A$$" Nothing really except that Fredo thought he was alone. Does it make either one of them a bad guy? I think not it just makes them men. All men, even nice ones, say stuff like that about women. The only ones that don't are puritans and homos.

"I'm the kid that no one knows,
I live a life I never chose.
But these thoughts in my mind
are my own, my own."
"Little Know it All" by Iggy Pop and SUM 41

heracane 52 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-04, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heracane Click to send private message to heracane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "huh?"
My boyfriend would NEVER talk about a woman like that. He is neither a puritan or a "Homo" as you so delicately put it. He is a decent guy with respect for himself and women. Not all men talk like that, and if it is your experience that they do, you may want to hang around different people.

02-05-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
24. "RE: huh?"
My boyfriend would NEVER talk about a woman like that. He is neither a puritan or a "Homo" as you so delicately put it. He is a decent guy with respect for himself and women. Not all men talk like that, and if it is your experience that they do, you may want to hang around different people.

Alright I will amend my previous statement.

All men; with the exception of homosexuals (I didn't mean Homo in a deragatory fashion but as an abbreviation of Homosexual); men with strong religous beliefs regarding "lusting after" women; and men of unimpeachable character- make sexual comments about women they see or know when alone or in the company of other men.

You seem to think that doing so shows lack of respect. I would disagree, it is simply the nature of men. I don't think that the intent of either Fredo's or Michael C.'s comments were intended to objectify or de-humanize Larissa. I think they were honest expressions of what they thought and felt. I think it would have been disrectful to say it to her. But I also think she knows most if not all of them have said similar things.

So I guess my point is merely this. Everyone (guys/girls/Jesus Freaks) says things that they would not say in front of everyone/anyone. That is human nature. I don't think that's bad. I'm glad that everyone who ever thought I was ugly/stupid/rude/whatever didn't feel the need to let me know. There is a time and place for everything and when you are with "the guys" is an acceptable, IMO, place for that kind of expression

"I'm the kid that no one knows.
I live a life I never chose.
But these thought in my mind
are my own, my own."
"Little Know It All" by Iggy Pop and SUM 41

02-03-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."

I think we can assume that Michael will be on his way before it's all over. Larissa may have felt a stronger need to get rid of some other guys first.

>beaver? Where I come from
>(West Coast) it is like
>calling her a 'piece of
>a$$'. It isn't even
>remotely a compliment!!!

HyperTyper 63 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HyperTyper Click to send private message to HyperTyper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
No, actually it's not. He was trying to schmooze his way out of a sticky situation. He was only kidding himself.

I wonder what would have happened if (for instance) Kelly Jo said Bachelor Bob was hung like a horse, would she have gotten the same backlash?

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-07-04, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Is it a compliment to call a woman a....."
Originally being from Canada and now living in CA, I can empathize with the humiliation and embarrassment that the mighty beaver, a national Canadian symbol, must be feeling from Michael's sexist remark.

All over Canada, the beavers are now standing on guard and giving Michael the one finger salute! or in the case of the beaver the middle digit salute!
Valley Girl
"proud member of Team MadDog....."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •