The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-27-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
Remember in the first Average Joe, at the beginning of the show, there was always a sillouette of a couple, one of them being Melana and an unknown guy? I, like many people I'm sure, believed him to be an AJ (certainly before the hunks came into the game and still hoped it was an AJ afterwards ~ silly me...) Well the unknown guy turned out to be Jason and the shot was taken from their final date. Imagine, calling it Average Joe but using Melana and Jason as "the couple" when they could have easily used Melana and Adam. Of course, "the couple" was just a sign of things to come...

Now here we are at Average Joe 2 and I'm a little wiser to the producers doings. We have yet another couple in sillouette, Larissa being the female, of course, and another unknown guy. I can tell you that this guy doesn't look like any AJ I know. It's defintely not Tony, this guy has hair. And I think this guy is too tall to be Mike. Sean, David, the Brians, Fredo and the rapper (forget his name) - definitely not. So that leaves... it's still too early in the game to have an idea of which hunk it might be.

Sigh... another sign of things to come.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? leogirl_21 01-27-04 1
   RE: AJ or Hunk in the silhouette? Chrissy gal 01-27-04 2
       RE: AJ or Hunk in the silhouette? Howard Dean 01-29-04 3
 RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? Howard Dean 01-29-04 4
   RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? geg6 01-29-04 5
       RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? ZoesMom 01-29-04 6
           RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? geg6 01-29-04 7
               RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? Howard Dean 01-29-04 9
           RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? Howard Dean 01-29-04 8
               RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? olTexMs 01-29-04 10
                   RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? Howard Dean 01-29-04 11
               RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? mookiemeister 01-31-04 16
                   RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? Howard Dean 02-02-04 17
 RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? ValleyGirl 01-29-04 12
   RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? Howard Dean 01-30-04 13
       RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? leogirl_21 01-30-04 14
           RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette? Chrissy gal 01-30-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-27-04, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
Oh yeah, I noticed this right away when AJ with Melana was going on! I also agree with you that it is indeed looking like the guy is one of the hunks. I think it is a guy with (longer?!?) spikes in his hair which could be either of the following guys: Todd, Michael K., Michael C, or Theo. I don't think she would choose Theo or Michael C. Based on last night's episode, I guess its gonna be Todd or Michael K. I am leaning towards Michael K. though. But I think that Todd is a hottie!

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited. - Plutarch

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-27-04, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the silhouette?"
I beg of you Leogirl, for my sake, never refer to those 'hunks' as hotties! Their personalities are so ugly!! I am so repulsed by the smug looks on their faces and couldn't possibly be attracted to a guy who works out all day. I like natural men who have great bodies because they work hard and play hard (like Ryan and Charlie from The Bachelorette).

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-29-04, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the silhouette?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-04 AT 04:41 AM (EST)

Amen to you, Chrissy Gal.

I sure hope it's not Michael Kline. He's the biggest ass of them all. He was toying with several of the Joes just for sport the night he showed up.

He's a salesman, and so he's slick. Larissa is falling for that so far, but maybe a tree will fall on him on him or something. lol

>I beg of you Leogirl, for
>my sake
, never refer to
>those 'hunks' as hotties!
>Their personalities are so ugly!!
> I am so repulsed
>by the smug looks on
>their faces and couldn't possibly
>be attracted to a guy
>who works out all day.
> I like natural men
>who have great bodies because
>they work hard and play
>hard (like Ryan and Charlie
>from The Bachelorette).

01-29-04, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-04 AT 04:45 AM (EST)

Ok ..... I went back and looked at the video tapes, and I am now almost dead certain that the guy in the silhouette is Todd.

The physique, the hair, how tall he is, how he stands -- everything matches perfectly. Even the way he holds Larissa in the silhouette matches perfectly with the way he was holding her in the dance segments.

But all of this may be irrellevant.

Maybe this time around the guy in the silhouette is *not* the actual winner at all. It could be that they put someone else there in order to throw us off. Why would they repeat what they did the first time around when they know that a lot of us will be checking out the silhouette?

Think about it.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-04, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"

Much as I don't want her to end up with a hunk, if it is Todd she ends up with then I could live with that. He seems like the nicest one of that bunch of idiots.

ZoesMom 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-29-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZoesMom Click to send private message to ZoesMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
If she chooses Todd, then all of the hype about her being a "sensitive artist" seems kind of off base, right? For some reason it's hard to picture an artist/personal trainer couple. But on the other hand I can definitely picture the beauty queen/personal trainer couple!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
But you have to admit that the way Todd got his hair to stick straight up is a work of art!

01-29-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
9. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"

lol

>But you have to admit that
>the way Todd got his
>hair to stick straight up
>is a work of art!

01-29-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
8. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-04 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

You are absolutely right.

Average Joe 2 was setup as follows: (1) Joes even more geekier than the first time, (2) hunks even more hunkier than the first time, (3) a girl with expectations of meeting a "nice" guy. Who's she more likely to pick?

The answer to that is obvious. She may not be as shallow as Malena, but let's face it ... Average Joe 2 is just so extreme! She's still much more likely to choose a hunk.

Having said that, the notion that the producers would surprise us all by having her pick a Joe still seems appealing, as it has from the beginning.

But if she doesn't pick a Joe, it won't shock me.

>If she chooses Todd, then all
>of the hype about her
>being a "sensitive artist" seems
>kind of off base, right?
> For some reason it's
>hard to picture an artist/personal
>trainer couple. But on
>the other hand I can
>definitely picture the beauty queen/personal
>trainer couple!

olTexMs 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-29-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olTexMs Click to send private message to olTexMs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
I think we all can agree that almost none of the AJ's are average. They are way below, if not in their actual looks but by their behavior and strange self-images (no, making shapes with your facial hair is not attractive or artistic, it is juvenile). She has been hard pressed to be anything approaching romantic with most of them.

The hunks may or maynot be stuck-up. I'm sure the producers told them to arrive like conquering heros. Most of them (if not all) are very body-conscious. They are in perfect shape and very attractive. It is not automatic, but many people like that do have very high opinions of themself. If she finds one or two in that group that is nice, she is gonna go there.

I'm not a spring chick but in my day I was definately not considered a hottie. I would never have even looked twice at the guys in the AJ group.

01-29-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"

Something you may be overlooking here is that Tony is a latino, and in fact that is considered to be very hip in that community.

>(no, making shapes with
>your facial hair is not
>attractive or artistic, it is
>juvenile).

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-31-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-04 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-31-04 AT 03:53 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-31-04 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

>
>Average Joe 2 was setup as
>follows: (1) Joes even more
>geekier than the first time,
>(2) hunks even more hunkier
>than the first time, (3)
>a girl with expectations of
>meeting a "nice" guy.
>Who's she more likely to
>pick?
>
Don't forget that in AJ2, hunks are introduced much earlier in the show. In AJ1, hunks are introduced when there are 3 Joes left. In AJ2, hunks are introduced 2 episode into the show with 8 Joes. So Melana has more chance to get to know the Joes than Larissa did. And Melana has less number of hunks to pick from compare to Larissa. 3 hunks versus 8 hunks. Then we see in the first episode, Larissa complained to the producers about the Joes being dorky. Add all those facts together, it seems inevitable that Larissa would pick a hunk like Melana. Even though everything is pointed toward her picking a hunk, I have a feeling Larissa will surprise us and pick a Joe.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

02-02-04, 03:34 AM (EST)
17. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"

>Even
>though everything is pointed toward
>her picking a hunk, I
>have a feeling Larissa will
>surprise us and pick a
>Joe.
>

I do too. See the summary I wrote to Episode 3

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-04, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
IMHO. In the first AJ, we were all rooting for one of the AJ's to win Melana's heart and it didn't happen. In the 2nd AJ, we're feeling once again she may turn her back on the AJ's and pick one of the hunks. I have a feeling the network aired the Melana series first, to set us up, so that we would expect Larissa to do the same thing when in fact she ends up picking an AJ.

Valley Girl
"I'll never kiss and tell....."

01-30-04, 01:36 AM (EST)
13. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
>IMHO. In the first AJ, we
>were all rooting for one
>of the AJ's to win
>Melana's heart and it didn't
>happen. In the 2nd AJ,
>we're feeling once again she
>may turn her back on
>the AJ's and pick

TV Guide says the Malena series was filmed first. But you still have a valid point in that Larissa may pick a Joe, which as you say would surprise a lot of people.

>one of the hunks. I
>have a feeling the network
>aired the Melana series first,
>to set us up, so
>that we would expect Larissa
>to do the same thing
>when in fact she ends
>up picking an AJ.
>

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-04, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
Hi Chrissy gal,

I only meant to call Todd a hottie...not all of them! Trust me!
I actually don't think that any of the other new guys look good...except for Todd whom I think seems the most sincere out of all of them. Sorry bout' that.

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited. - Plutarch

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-30-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: AJ or Hunk in the sillouette?"
O.K. Leogirl, I guess I can live with that.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •