The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"they're such jerks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

micci73 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-19-04, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail micci73 Click to send private message to micci73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"they're such jerks"
Okay...here's the disclaimer: I know that this is exactly what the producers want me to feel. Yes, I'm taking the bait.

THE NEW GUYS ARE SUCH POMPOUS JERKS! They're not nice at all.

"We are fabulous." **

"We are going to ruin their lives."

"They don't stand a chance against our abs and thick hair."

**I may have slightly misquoted.

p.s. Sean is kind of a dumba$$. He really should have kissed her.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: they're such jerks ladro 01-19-04 1
   RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-20-04 9
 RE: they're such jerks silesia18 01-20-04 2
   RE: they're such jerks celula 01-20-04 6
       RE: they're such jerks Rockytop Chick 01-20-04 15
           RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-21-04 16
 RE: they're such jerks ValleyGirl 01-20-04 3
 RE: they're such jerks Loree 01-20-04 4
   RE: they're such jerks ladro 01-20-04 13
       RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-21-04 17
           RE: they're such jerks kryp 01-22-04 24
               RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-22-04 25
               RE: they're such jerks micci73 01-22-04 27
 RE: they're such jerks geg6 01-20-04 5
   RE: they're such jerks TDeniseS 01-20-04 7
       RE: they're such jerks jase 01-20-04 8
       RE: they're such jerks geg6 01-20-04 10
           RE: they're such jerks ladro 01-20-04 14
               RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-21-04 18
               RE: they're such jerks geg6 01-21-04 20
   RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-20-04 12
 RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-20-04 11
   RE: they're such jerks escapedude 01-21-04 19
       RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-21-04 21
           RE: they're such jerks Traces 01-21-04 22
               RE: they're such jerks geg6 01-21-04 23
                   RE: they're such jerks Howard Dean 01-22-04 26
                       RE: they're such jerks geg6 01-23-04 28
                           RE: they're such jerks Traces 01-25-04 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-19-04, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: they're such jerks"
a caught the show tonight for the first time since the second season started. yes, the BJs came off as pompous jerks, most of them probably are, no surprise there. The thing that surprised me most was how hot that girl was. She makes molena (or whatever her name was) look like a backup singer.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-20-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: they're such jerks"
Yep ... Larissa is hot!

>The
>thing that surprised me most
>was how hot that girl
>was. She makes molena (or
>whatever her name was) look
>like a backup singer.

silesia18 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-20-04, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silesia18 Click to send private message to silesia18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: they're such jerks"
the "hot" guys definitely suck. and they aren't even that hot. maybe their personalities just negated any hotness they had for me though. i don't know though, muscles do not equal hot. abercrombie-looking men are not the only type of hot guy out there! and is it just me or do all the "hot" guys seem to base their self-worth on how good looking they are. it'd be nice if just one of them would say they actually accomplished something in their meaningless lives, instead of just marveling over how great their abs are! ok, i'm done ranting.

celula 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-20-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail celula Click to send private message to celula Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: they're such jerks"
If I remember correctly one of the "hot" guys did mention "accomplishments" other than his buff body and pretty face. I am paraphrasing here but as he was discussing his prowess he stated that he cannot lose and that he excels no matter what he does.....and as examples he mentioned football, baseball, and basketball (or some combination of sports). I remember laughing thinking that this guy bases his overinflated feelings of self-worth on his jock status during high school. Another thing I noticed was that none of the hot guys mentioned actually wanting to get to know Larissa or meeting someone special but continually used sports analogies about winning and competition and destroying the average joes mentally and physically. They are there to win and it wouldn't matter what the prize is (is this case Larissa). Not that I expected anything else. They were cast for a reason and that reason is to stir up trouble and to get us angry so we continue to watch.

Celula

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-20-04, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: they're such jerks"
I noticed that the guys did not say one word about Larissa. All they talked about was the AJ's and how they were gonna make the AJ's miserable. I even began to wonder if the producers even told them there was a woman involved?? Seemed like the producers told them something like " OK, there are these 8 geeky guys on this island, and the job of you studly guys is to shatter any self esteem they may have"

01-21-04, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: they're such jerks"
Well you know what? Those jocks might just be a little over-confident. The Joes are not going to give up without a fight.

More importantly, I think Larissa will pick up on it pretty quickly if they are only interested in winning and not in her. She'll show them the door.

We've already seen what she does to guys whom she thinks are bullies.

>I noticed that the guys did
>not say one word about
>Larissa. All they talked
>about was the AJ's and
>how they were gonna make
>the AJ's miserable. I
>even began to wonder if
>the producers even told them
>there was a woman involved??
> Seemed like the producers
>told them something like "
>OK, there are these
>8 geeky guys on this
>island, and the job of
>you studly guys is to
>shatter any self esteem they
>may have"

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-20-04, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: they're such jerks"
Yes, they're obnoxious, pompous jerks with abs of steel and hopefully, Larissa will choose based on the total package rather than just on tight buns. Oh, the network knows how to play on our emotions just so we keep coming back to watch some more and some more.........
Valley Girl
"I'll never kiss and tell....."

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-20-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: they're such jerks"
It's mean but it keeps us watching. I was getting so bored with this show. If the models hadn't shown up the end of this show I would have quit watching. I want to see the upset they cause with the Average Joes who were all just getting a bit too c*cky themselves. The little smile on Larissa's face said it all.

01-20-04, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: they're such jerks"
I think the smile you are refering to was in response to reading that non of AJs were being sent home that evening.

01-21-04, 00:03 AM (EST)
17. "RE: they're such jerks"
It might have been a little of each. I wouldn't blame Larissa for being happy to see some really attractive guys.

But will she suffer these attractive guys once she finds out that they are jerks? I doubt it.

>I think the smile you are
>refering to was in response
>to reading that non of
>AJs were being sent home
>that evening.

kryp 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-22-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kryp Click to send private message to kryp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: they're such jerks"
I think that the hunks have been directed to act vain, superficial and obnoxious. We want to believe they are that way in reality because most of us don't look like that. In fact they look cartoonish to me and my wife. I was laughing at them because they acted like such buffoons. So what we have here is one set of guys you shake your head in mortification at and another set who are phony, steroid gorging, and vapid. What a show. If this goes the way I think it is heading, I probably won't watch it after next week. You can only insult my intelligence so far....and then, click.

01-22-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
25. "RE: they're such jerks"

Yeah I agree with you. Especially your comments about it being cartoonish. See my comments on Archie and Jughead below.

>I think that the hunks have
>been directed to act vain,
>superficial and obnoxious. We want
>to believe they are that
>way in reality because most
>of us don't look like
>that. In fact they look
>cartoonish to me and my
>wife. I was laughing at
>them because they acted like
>such buffoons. So what we
>have here is one set
>of guys you shake your
>head in mortification at and
>another set who are phony,
>steroid gorging, and vapid. What
>a show. If this goes
>the way I think it
>is heading, I probably won't
>watch it after next week.
>You can only insult my
>intelligence so far....and then, click.
>

micci73 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-22-04, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail micci73 Click to send private message to micci73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: they're such jerks"
I wish I had your fortitude. Unfortunately for the future of our society, you can insult my (and probably many other's) intelligence much farther. LOL. Unless my t.v. blows up, I'll see this one through...but after that...NO MORE! I know I've said that before, but this time I might actually mean it.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: they're such jerks"
Of course they're jerks! That is just what they are there for, just as the AJs are some of the biggest losers around. It makes for better TV. Most of the AJs this time around are much bigger geeks than the first time, for what I think are a couple of reasons. First, the first round of AJs were a semi-normal group of guys for the most part, but Melena was a shallow woman who would easily be taken in by the looks of the model types who showed up. This girl is NOT Malena. Second, since Larissa is most definitely different than Malena, they had to find the geekiest possible bunch (come on, who has NEVER ridden a bicycle?), but make some of them attractive through mutual interests. But, because she is a "model type," they had to tempt her with the eye candy. Again unlike the first AJ, the models had to be unattractive in some way (the first show's models were most definitely not bullies) to even the playing field. I can just hear the producers' breathlessly asking each other, "Will she overlook their total lack of looks and social skills to the nice, artistic hearts underneath? Will she be able to see beyond the gorgeous faces and six-pack abs to the bully boy lurking in the shadows?" You're watching it for those very reasons! I was so disappointed in the first season because Malena turned out to be the bimbo I suspected all along, the AJs were meaner to each other than the models, and the models all seemed like nice guys. Where's the conflict and suspense? This one works much better to my thinking.

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-20-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: they're such jerks"
They may be jerks....but they are needed to add life to this show. How realistic is it that Ms. America will chose an Average Joe who is physically unattractive and doesnt make decent salary.... can you really see her with the ugly dorky geeky MAILROOM ASSISTANT. They took it to the extreme with these guys. At least they could have had decent jobs. This girl looks high maintenance ...... but I bet she will pick a geek to make herself look good. It's all a little too contrived for me. I don't see that she has anything in common with the dorks.... I think she has a College Degree. What do they have. It's a little too over the top for me. I may or may not keep watching....I usually forget it's on.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: they're such jerks"
I wouldn't label them all jerks because this is a tv show and they are told to "act" a certain way. I do know one of the them (Pete Gaeth). I was surprised (while channel surfing) to see him on AJ. I met him at a modeling competition a little over two years ago. He's a very nice person, but from the clips of upcoming episodes, it doesn't look like he made it far on the show. Anyway, he's a good guy.

01-20-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: they're such jerks"
If you keep forgetting that it's on, then you wouldn't have seen when they discussed their jobs. Yeah, there is a mailroom geek but several of them are graphic designers, artists, one is a chef (many call that an art), and one is a contractor (must have some artistic talents if he can draw or follow a blueprint). Larissa is an artist, so she would have a lot in common with these guys. Just because the other guys are hot looking doesn't mean that they have good jobs. The guy that idiot Malena picked was a waiter and lived with his mom and dad. I just can't follow your logic that if Larissa is high maintenance that the good looking guys will naturally be able to keep her in high style. They may not have college degrees either. I'd be willing to bet that all of the graphic designers, the chef, the artist, and probably even the contractor have college degrees.

01-20-04, 07:50 PM (EST)
14. "RE: they're such jerks"
<<<<I'd be willing to bet that all of the graphic designers, the chef, the artist, and probably even the contractor have college degrees.>>>
How much are we betting? $1,000?

01-21-04, 00:05 AM (EST)
18. "RE: they're such jerks"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-04 AT 00:07 AM (EST)

I'd be willing to bet that's the case too.

> <<<<I'd be willing to bet that all of the graphic designers, the chef, the artist, and probably even the contractor have college degrees.>>>

Oh let's make it 20 "survivor sucks" bucks lol

>How much are we betting? $1,000?
>

01-21-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
20. "RE: they're such jerks"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-04 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

I'm with Mr. Dean here. Happy to bet some SS bucks, thousands if you want. I work for a major university now and have worked for other colleges in the past and have many current/former students who are in these fields. In my job, in addition to working directly with students, I also have contact with people in local corporations (in the Pittsburgh area) in their capacity as members of our advisory board and as endowment contributors. I don't know a one who would hire a graphic designer without a college degree. My university is one of the top schools for engineering in the nation and many contractors, small and large, have degrees from our institution. A popular major for this field is architectural engineering. If you watch some of the home improvement shows, you may notice that many of the "carpenters" featured wear shirts from my major university simply because they are graduates of that program. In addition, my sister is a general manager of local high end/regionally renowned restaurant (one like the one they say Sean is a chef in) and they have never had a chef who did not have a college degree. Can't quite understand why anyone would find this unbelievable. Didn't anyone go to school with nerds like these guys? They (or reasonable facsimiles) were all in my high school's chess club, one ended up our class valedictorian, and they all went to college (most finished). Can't say the same for the jocks.

01-20-04, 05:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: they're such jerks"
Yep. I think you summed it up pretty well.

>Of course they're jerks! That
>is just what they are
>there for, just as the
>AJs are some of the
>biggest losers around. It
>makes for better TV.
>Most of the AJs this
>time around are much bigger
>geeks than the first time,
>for what I think are
>a couple of reasons.
>First, the first round of
>AJs were a semi-normal group
>of guys for the most
>part, but Melena was a
>shallow woman who would easily
>be taken in by the
>looks of the model types
>who showed up. This
>girl is NOT Malena.
>Second, since Larissa is most
>definitely different than Malena, they
>had to find the geekiest
>possible bunch (come on, who
>has NEVER ridden a bicycle?),
>but make some of them
>attractive through mutual interests.
>But, because she is a
>"model type," they had to
>tempt her with the eye
>candy. Again unlike the
>first AJ, the models had
>to be unattractive in some
>way (the first show's models
>were most definitely not bullies)
>to even the playing field.
> I can just hear
>the producers' breathlessly asking each
>other, "Will she overlook their
>total lack of looks and
>social skills to the nice,
>artistic hearts underneath? Will
>she be able to see
>beyond the gorgeous faces and
>six-pack abs to the bully
>boy lurking in the shadows?"
> You're watching it for
>those very reasons! I
>was so disappointed in the
>first season because Malena turned
>out to be the bimbo
>I suspected all along, the
>AJs were meaner to each
>other than the models, and
>the models all seemed like
>nice guys. Where's the
>conflict and suspense? This
>one works much better to
>my thinking.

01-20-04, 04:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: they're such jerks"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-04 AT 05:29 PM (EST)

This show is getting to be more and more like a cartoon -- or maybe WWF.

The good guys are really good and the bad guys are reallly bad.

The Average Joes are like Archie or Jughead. Good hearted but not very attractive.

The hunks are like Reggie. Overconfident and arrogant, hunky but anything but attractive beneath their buff exteriors.

And Larissa is like Veronica. Rich but good hearted. She could have Reggie -- or any man for that matter -- but all she really wants is Archie.

Or does she???

Stay tuned .....

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-21-04, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: they're such jerks"
>>>And Larissa is like Veronica. Rich but good hearted. She could have Reggie -- or any man for that matter -- but all she really wants is Archie..>>>

Interesting analogy HD ..
Dont you mean Betty?

I was a big fan of A & J as a kid..

01-21-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: they're such jerks"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-04 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

Yes, you could make the Betty analogy too.

>Interesting analogy HD ..
>Dont you mean Betty?
>
>I was a big fan of
>A & J as a
>kid..

Traces 103 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-04, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: they're such jerks"
I already posted this on the limo driver subject, but I think it is more appropriate here.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think these 'hunks' seem a little 'queer'? And perhaps they are just acting 'butch'? I don't know about you guys, but my gay-dar was going off bigtime!

...But I'm from Pittsburgh!

01-21-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
23. "RE: they're such jerks"
Hey, Traces, I'm a 'Burgher, too! There were a few blips on my gayday but not a full blown red alert. Maybe they're what they call "metrosexuals." But in Pittsburgh, you know what that really means, not that there's anything wrong with that. I'd have to say that Fredo is more of a Pittsburgh type, but he says he's from Cleveland and there definitely is something wrong with that!

01-22-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
26. "RE: they're such jerks"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-04 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

OK you two ...

I lived in Pittsburgh for a couple of years, so I know what you're talking about....

But the fact that a particular male happens to be well groomed and well-dressed doesn't automatically make him gay -- although more and more these days that stereotype is being reinforced.

By saying that, aren't we also stereotyping straight males? Does a man have to look like an average joe to be straight?

I hope not!

Sure ,,, these cretins who have just invaded Average Joe are DESPICABLE ... so ... CALL THEM EVERY NAME IN THE BOOK that you want ...

And I hope it makes you feel better.

But calling someone gay just because they might be something better looking than a nerd is going a little too far, in my opinion.

These himbo bimbos have so many other negative qualities that we can make fun of. We don't need to call them gay.

01-23-04, 08:56 AM (EST)
28. "RE: they're such jerks"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-04 AT 08:57 AM (EST)

I didn't call them gay, I called them "metrosexuals," whatever that means. I think it means well-groomed, well-dressed heterosexual men who like manicures and moisturizer. At least that's what Carson from Queer Eye says. Sorry if anyone took offense, but in my view I was making more fun of the parochialism of Pittsburgh than anything else. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Traces 103 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: they're such jerks"
I'm not calling them gay because I'm from Pittsburgh, I'm calling them gay because I happen to be a faghag! These guys look 'straight' out of Queer As Folk!

...But I'm from Pittsburgh!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •