The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

cornflakegirl 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-08-03, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cornflakegirl Click to send private message to cornflakegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I'm dying.. I have to talk to somebody about it. It's awful!!!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... SurvivorBlows 12-08-03 1
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... r1skate 12-09-03 37
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... wheat 12-08-03 2
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... MegaMike 12-08-03 4
       RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... Ingridcatheryn22 12-09-03 42
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... jase 12-08-03 5
       RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... sbeck 12-08-03 11
           RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... hitmanng 12-08-03 17
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... DailyHaze 12-08-03 3
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... hitmanng 12-08-03 6
       RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... DailyHaze 12-08-03 10
           RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... hitmanng 12-08-03 14
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... bestquality 12-08-03 7
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... Christy_71283 12-08-03 9
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... malinka 12-08-03 8
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... escapedude 12-08-03 12
       RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... mindgallery 12-08-03 16
           RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... hitmanng 12-09-03 18
       RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... KBear 12-09-03 22
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... CeeCee 12-08-03 15
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... Chrissy gal 12-08-03 13
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... Purrl 12-09-03 25
       RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... pandorella 12-09-03 38
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... realitybytes 12-09-03 19
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... sinisterpaloma 12-09-03 20
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... pandorella 12-10-03 45
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... AlexRogan 12-09-03 21
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... DailyHaze 12-09-03 27
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... julesv 12-09-03 23
 RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason t... KBear 12-09-03 24
   RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason t... Sillycita 12-09-03 26
       RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason t... KBear 12-09-03 28
   RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason t... vangie 12-09-03 29
       Reinforcing national desires? tweakers 12-09-03 32
       RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason t... KBear 12-09-03 43
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... jake 12-09-03 30
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... grammarisgood 12-09-03 31
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... byasef 12-09-03 33
 Too late For the RealTime Chat ray99 12-09-03 34
   RE: Too late For the RealTime Chat mcjesq 12-09-03 35
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... ValleyGirl 12-09-03 36
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... JustMe2001M 12-09-03 39
 Adam=Joey??? Joyful 12-09-03 40
   RE: Melana's choice leogirl_21 12-09-03 41
   RE: Adam=Joey??? GG 1957 01-17-04 47
 RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... Jsummers 12-09-03 44
   RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet?... Stunned 12-10-03 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-08-03, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
You can talk about it... however for the benefit of West Coast viewers, you just can't blurb out the ending in your message titles or in the first part of your message body that appears on the message topics page.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

r1skate 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail r1skate Click to send private message to r1skate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Did you see how Melena talked about Jason on her date with Adam? It must have made Adam sick. That is if it it was "real," at all. Dennis Luciano was an actor, John B is a director's assistant. Melena studied acting. Deniis Lopez works for the film industry in some ways, Jason is what a model? Hmm. How could NBC actually have a show where this Miss Missouri ends up with some not so good looking guy in the end? Why else would have the brought in so called good looking guys? Can you imagine someone coming on a show like this on national tv and smashing and egg over someone elses head the first day you meet them? National tv none the less. NBC would have weeded out people like that if they didn't want them on the show to stir up a little something in the viewers. Why else would they wait until you think Melena has picked out Zach, for some unknown reasons to bring in new competition. I got a few emails from John B and he said that nobody got paid. Well he also acted like a little kid on national tv. would any of us act like that knowing full well that a camera was watching our every move on the date? Let's be real people. the whole thing was staged for our enjoyment. I also want to say that I did enjoy it, but "reality," that is another matter. Do a seacrh for the guys sometime. Jason Peoples, doesn't that name seem familiar to anyone else but me.??? Adam an average joe is something else. All the time he's rich. Now why did he come on the show? To find someone to fall in love with? Doesn't that seem just a little bit to contrived. Just my thoughts. Any opinion for or against what I think is welcome.

wheat 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wheat Click to send private message to wheat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Yep I watched it and I'm disgusted! Completely disgusted!

MegaMike 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MegaMike Click to send private message to MegaMike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I hope he gives her a STD!

Ingridcatheryn22 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ingridcatheryn22 Click to send private message to Ingridcatheryn22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
>I hope he gives her a
>STD!
ha ha ha ha ... i hope he cheats on her and makes her feel like adam didas he was watching jason walk off the plane to say good-bye?!. good for adam, he doesnt have to spend the rest of his life with a girl that doesnt deserve him.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-03, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
So I'm guessing the mandate on AJ2 is for the girl to pick an average joe no matter what. Didn't see many episodes of this, but the ending truly defeats the purpose of the show.

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-08-03, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Agreed. I guess by the show's own premise, a beauty can't fall in love with an average guy. Well, that's absurd: I fell in love with my boyfriend

hitmanng 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hitmanng Click to send private message to hitmanng Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
See I thought the same thing. Only I thought well my wife fell for me and I am average and she is beautiful.
hitmanng

DailyHaze 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DailyHaze Click to send private message to DailyHaze Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I so totally agree. I am totally sickened by what happened tonight. I can't believe it. I guess that I should. If they were going to bring in some "pretty boy's" they should have made them at least "poor". I don't think they should have done in anyway, rich or poor. Adam is a totally awesome catch and I believe beyond the shadow of a doubt that this "relationship" that has developed will wind up being just another "one night stand". I am so absolutely horrified. I will never watch another realty show produced by nbc ever again. I say I'm not going to get caught up in any of them but I do but this has just totally P'd me off!!

12-08-03, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hitmanng Click to send private message to hitmanng Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I think it is sad because what more could she hope for Jason to become than what Adam already is. Unfortunately it is all about the looks and charm. If you watch Melana's dates with Adam she rarely looks at him. She cannot stop looking at Jason. The only real problem with him is that he has accomplished little in life. I think Melana hopes that Jason will one day become Adam but still look like Jason.
The other thing she has going for her is if Adam is grabbed up immeadiately (that would be suprising) and things don't work out with Jason (which I expect), she can always move to New York and go out with Adam. I know it is sad but he would almost definately go out with her.
Just my thoughts
Hitmanng

12-08-03, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DailyHaze Click to send private message to DailyHaze Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I see your point but with what Adam does have going for him as he is not bad looking, just not a "pretty boy" and all the publicity he has recieved through this I would be really suprised if he was not snatched up within the year if not sooner. Once you get past a little goofiness with all his charm and romance and personality he is actually a very handsom man. I believe that she and Adam won't even make it a year. I'll be suprised if they make it 6 months and with all that the public know's about her now I don't think the suitors will be knocking down her door.

12-08-03, 11:57 PM (EST)
14. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
6 months I am not sure they will make it even that far. They both live at home. I would be suprised if they make it 3 months 6 is on the outside. Jason is someone you date. Adam was someone you marry. I cannot say Melana is going to do to badly out of this. I half expected her to change her mind with how sweet Adam was in the hanger. She is infatuated with Jason. It will wear off and I cannot say she will be much worse for wear. She is beautiful and honestly came off intellegent and caring.
I bet it will be in the news in 6 months that Adam and Melana go out on a real date. Or at least they they dance at his wedding when he marries someone else.
LOL
Hitmanng

bestquality 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bestquality Click to send private message to bestquality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
So the good looking guy has money too and she picked him?

Christy_71283 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Christy_71283 Click to send private message to Christy_71283 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I am so completely mad, i mean jason lives with his mom and dad at the age of 26, I mean come on, but then again melena still lives with her parents too. I was hoping there would have been a catch for her not picking the average joe since the whole point of the show was to give an average joe a chance. Anything that would have made her think about what she was losing. I also think it was so wrong for her to kiss jason like right in front of Adam. I dont care what she says she picked him because she was sexually attracted to him, and this is just gonna end up going no where. Jason probably just wanted to go on a trip because mommy and daddy wont pay fo rone for him. I am so compeltely disgusted. I felt so bad for Adam, he is a really good guy and i hope he gets a nice girl he deserves. By the way did yall hear that the bachelor Andrew Firestone and Jen broke up.

malinka 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malinka Click to send private message to malinka Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I think she's a loser! with a capital "L"!!!

Adam is such a sweetheart and he's a good provider for a family. he's got his act together and he's a great guy!

Jason is another petty face boy who lives with his parents at 27 years old! How shameful! Go to his parents and ask to bunk in in their house to save up some money.... working as a waiter. He's not a go getter and he's not a good provider for a family.

I think her "relationship" with Jason is going to be a ONE night stand. He's a pretty boy and he can be a womanizer. He never gave her any gifts all that time. That's a sign that he can't afford her. I bet very soon she will be SORRY and she'd wished she'd asked Adam to fly with her. How unfair! I bet Adam is going to end up with bunch of girls who'd love to be his girlfriends! I hope he's not hurt too much!

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-08-03, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I think the outcome was crazy..I hope her "relationship" with Jason will turn around and bite her on the ass..
I hope she does move to NY so Adam can tell her to kiss off..I do agree that she didnt feel the attraction to Adam like she did for Jason..She is just as superficial as the rest..

mindgallery 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindgallery Click to send private message to mindgallery Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
First post here, but couldn't resist.

Should've seen this coming. From the time that Jason was introduced on the show, she was sniffing around him like a dog in heat the entire time.

What I thought was the most crazy comment she made was at the very end when she said something about not being able to "resist those eyes and lips" and in Jason she'd found the total package.

TOTAL PACKAGE?? In a 27 year old waiter/student who lives with his parents? This vs a millionare with a fantastic personality, charm, etc etc and who is obviously totally crazy about her.

Typical, though. The only way it would've been even more typical would've been if Zack had stayed around and she picked his obnoxious, jocko, jackass self over the "nice" guy, which is also the way it normally plays out.

What is sad is that NBC took an interesting premise and made it into the same ol schlock...it would've been soooo much better had they left it the way it was supposed to be.

12-09-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
18. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Why does everyone blame NBC? I think that adding the hunks made it more interesting and unfortunately I think Melana made a very imature choice it was hers to make from the beginning. I think the better outcome would have only come with a more mature girl.
Hitmanng

KBear 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KBear Click to send private message to KBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I agree! I was SO angry and I found out she picked Jason. The only thing she ever complemented him on was his looks! Whereas, she even said Adam had everything she ever wanted. It doesn't make sense. Jason isn't even really hot. He's a pretty boy and he's small. Adam is cute anyway. She could actually talk to him. With Jason all they did was drink and make out.

By the way: not every woman is superficial.

CeeCee 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CeeCee Click to send private message to CeeCee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-03 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

Just goes to show.... like stays with like.. she had just about the same intellect as the pretty boys, and just as much charm. So, I guess the moral of the story is: looks do count. In fact, they count more than personality, money, job and anything else. Shame on you, Melena, you did exactly what the fat suit proved. People only care about how you look...

Maybe we can blame it on her being blonde???? (couldnt resist)

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-08-03, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
A whole thread with a bunch of new posters!! Welcome everybody!

I am on the west coast and can't wait to see the show now!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Purrl 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-09-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Purrl Click to send private message to Purrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I guess Melana proved that the Average Joe doesn't have a chance when a "stunning beauty queen" is given the choice of dull as dishwater "pretty" boy student waiter. A bland as milk toast guy that can't make it on his own so he has to move back in with mom to have her wash his drawers and cook his meals while dad continues to support him in the lifestyle that he doesn't want be parted with as he catches some waves and rays. PUH-LEEESE!!!! Jason wasn't all that hot looking! Lame conversationalist and still looked like a little boy dressed up in a suit he borrowed from his dad.

Adam was truly the crown jewel...the diamond in the rough. Sincere, honest, open, funny, romantic, loving, kind, strong, sensitive, savvy....AND VERY HANDSOME with those soulful dark eyes, long lashes, beautiful face and winning ways. Someone that takes life head on and rolls with the punches and not only lives and enjoys the here and now but has enough foresight to plan for the future and the sense to make it happen. Melana's loss is America's Sweetheart.

Too bad Melena picked a guy that she will have to support when all that beauty fades and he's content to ride on her coat tails to that 15 minutes of fame that he is seeking. If it's underwear modeling...Jason needs to work on that butt and/or get better fitting jeans.

So what lessons did Melana learn? BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. She couldn't see past a so called pretty face. And to answer this shows question - I guess the beauty really couldn't love an average Joe because looks did matter to her. What was that she said about her experience in the fat suit...after she sent all the big guys home?

Purrl

pandorella 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-09-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
you are so right Purrl,about Melana picking a trophy boy who is dull,dull,dull! she thought he was eye candy from the start and she was the one who kept telling him how beautiful HE was. what's wrong with this picture?!i don't remember Jason complimenting Melana.

in the end it was an ego thing for him and Melana sold out for a pretty boy. this should last for all of 2 minutes.

so Melana proved she is shallow and goes for superficial qualities.this was definitely Melana's loss.Adam will do fine because he has so much to offer on so many levels. the woman who ends up with Adam will have a man who has a terrific personality, is hard-working and successful and fun to be with! will Melana will able to say the same when the physical attraction fizzles with Jason (as all purely physical attractions
do?)give me a humorus and lively and engaging man over a bland pretty-boy any day!!!

realitybytes 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybytes Click to send private message to realitybytes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I am so disappointed with her choice. It just goes to show that the beautiful people always stick together and that even though she professed to not be all about looks, she's just a female "Shallow Hal" who didn't have the intestinal fortitude to go with the better man.

It's her loss, while she's waiting on "Waiter Boy" to get a life, Adam will be living with a better woman who will be the one getting waited on.

Face it, she blew it!!!!

sinisterpaloma 32 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sinisterpaloma Click to send private message to sinisterpaloma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
one worry though:

who is going to balance their checkbook? after the whole chess and checkers idiotic situation, they are too stupid to handle the taxes, either.

pandorella 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-10-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"

That was great sinisterpaloma! they are too stupid to handle

checkers so they should be a riot with a checkbook!

AlexRogan 13 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AlexRogan Click to send private message to AlexRogan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Bottom line, Adam made her happy, Jason made her horny, and 'Little Mel' did the thinking right from the start.

I bet she doesn't even realize how shallow she is, I hope she reads message boards like this, she might get a clue then.

12-09-03, 00:47 AM (EST)
27. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I was just thinking the exact thing myself. I hope she is shuned by all of America.

julesv 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail julesv Click to send private message to julesv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
okay people....why do you think those "average joes" wanted Melana, anyway? Most of them "fell in love" with the girl after they met (saw) her for the first time! I'm thinking the AJ's are the shallow ones. Anyway, when you only have limited time to get to know people, it's natural to want to be with the person who is confident and physically attractive (to you). Most of the AJ's were nice-looking guys, but lacked confidence...except Zach....who was an obnoxious pig.

12-09-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KBear Click to send private message to KBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason to get the girl?"
Not me!!!

Sillycita 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sillycita Click to send private message to Sillycita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason to get the girl?"
No! I was shocked and sickened at the end when she picked him. I felt SO bad for Adam. He's a real catch (except what's up with never shaving?) in every way. I really really awful for him.

I think somone got it right when she said "little Mel" did all her thinking for her. She was horny for Jason's good looks and kept saying so.

It doesn't prove that beautiful women always choose beautiful men (I don't date men who are prettier than me!) but this sure was discouraging.

Adam showed total class when he was given the news. I predict tons of women throwing themselves at him, and the "ideal couple" will be apart within a few weeks.

12-09-03, 00:53 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason to get the girl?"
I was wondering why he didn't shave myself.
Yeah, I am sure after this show he will be able to get any woman he wants. Unfortunately, there are probably women who will still go after him for his money. That stinks. He will have to be careful.

vangie 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vangie Click to send private message to vangie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason to get the girl?"
I guess I'm the only one on this whole message board that DID want her to pick Jason. Think about it, every time she kissed Jason, she was playing "tonsel hockey" but not so with Adam. You could tell she had fun when she was with Adam, but she seemed to connect more with Jason. Of course what we saw tonight had been taped a few months ago during summer. But they'll be on a few tv shows together tomorrow. I bet they've got a wedding date set. Sometimes watching them together, it looked like he already was her boyfriend, instead of a contestant on the show. I think she picked her perfect match )

tweakers 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tweakers Click to send private message to tweakers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Reinforcing national desires?"
I didn't want Jason on the show at all. I think that it really did undermine the whole point of the show, which I assume was suppossed to be, "Nice guys do finish first." Unfortunately, the Average Joe 2 will be worse, I think. From the preview tonight, the new "hot" girl seems like a total b*tch, and the "hot" guys look like they're all on steroids! I feel that the Average Joe concept has just reinforced to the entire country that "beauty" is more acceptable than "average." Even when Melana was in the fat suit, the whole mentality of EVERYONE was that it is absolutely NOT okay to be fat. How does that make at least 50% of our population feel? Most people in the US are NOT thin & healthy. Most people are average! So, pretty girl picks pretty boy. She was probably thinking of their future children's genetic makeup. I personally loved Adam! She is so stupid to have passed on him. I was very angry when she picked Jason, and I wanted to cry for Adam. It must have been so very hard for Adam to be gratious in that situation - I can not imagine! I do not want to rag on Jason & Melana too much though. I think that they obviously deserved eachother since they are both from the same background & have the same mentality. Adam is better off without her. I hope that he will be able to use what he has learned from this experience and look for love beyond appearances. They really should have a show based on Adam so he can find someone genuine.

12-09-03, 02:39 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Ok, but did anyone want Jason to get the girl?"
The reason she was playing tonsel hockey with Jason the whole time was because she was purely physically attracted to him. She never complemented anything other than his looks. Adam however, she said he was perfect in every way (not just a pretty face) and Adam was cute anyway

jake 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jake Click to send private message to jake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I can't believe she chose Jason. What course or school does he go to at 26? Certainly, it can't be anything post grad. She chose the guy that she has no future with. They never said anything to each other of substance (I don't think Jason is capable of much witty repartee) but seemingly spent most of their time gazing into each others' eyes and making out. Their relationship is nothing more than a physical attraction that has no chance of going anywhere. Melena said it the first time she saw him that it her heart was racing before she even spoke with him. Pure physical attraction.
If Melena was true to what she said many times about inner self and personality, she would have passed up the boring guy that she could have found in any bar for someone who knows how to talk to her.

grammarisgood 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grammarisgood Click to send private message to grammarisgood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Boo, Melana!!! Oh, and double BOO for not being able to hide that weird, maniacal, I-can't-wait-to-hop-on-that-plane-and-join-the-mile-high-club smirk on your tacky little face while you told darling Adam to take a hike.

Last laugh's on you - pretty boys don't usually try as hard in bed.

byasef 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byasef Click to send private message to byasef Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Yeah she is about as deep as a mud puddle. Terrible choice.

ray99 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ray99 Click to send private message to ray99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Too late For the RealTime Chat"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-03 AT 08:01 AM (EST)

A couple of observations after a short sleep. I can't think of a better place to find a shallow person than on a reality dating show. Think of this show populated with actors, models etc. I don't think every pretty woman OR Man is shallow, but I strongly suspect that nearly every pretty woman dieing to get on a reality dating show is as shallow as a creek in West Texas. How Adam made it by the producers is a bit of a surprise but we had porn hand (or was it feet) models make it onto another show. As for Adam getting his show why not call it Average Joe when we could go for "Adam and 16 Golddiggers Get Their Groove On>" Finally, although I may cross threads one thread meandered off on why Adam had not shaved for various episodes. Let me assure you ladies that some men can shave every 8 hours and in hours 6 and 7 look like they need a shave so no big deal. I am sure when we see Melanoma and Pretty Boy they will express their undying affection for each other and how surprised they are that in checkers both sides have to start on the same COLOR SQUARES. By the way Mel showed two things about her in the checkers, one, she didn't notice the colors were off and two, she blamed Jason for the error. Oh well at the summary writers will have fun with that one. Bye.
I edited to add Man I dont need the flames I meant to equal opportunity bash reality show contestants.

mcjesq 37 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mcjesq Click to send private message to mcjesq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Too late For the RealTime Chat"
I am so incredibly disappointed in Melena! I was pulling for Adam for a long time, but when she gave him the picture, I knew it was all over for him! Why would he need a photo if he had the girl?

Anyway, Melena had impressed me throughout the show with the way she handled the compliments and attention--I thought she was very gracious. She blew it at the end with the way she was smiling at Adam as if she had chosen him, then had the audacity to make out with Jason while Adam was on the bus looking on-not necessary!

Please, let Adam find a woman as wonderful and deserving as he!

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-09-03, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Melana picked the guy she wanted and not the guy we wanted. On the Today show, Adam said he was already seeing someone else and wished both M and J all the best. M & J said the show taped in May and they've only seen each other like 3 times since then.
Valley Girl
"Adam,you deserve your own show and a chance to meet a nice Valley girl! ....."

JustMe2001M 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe2001M Click to send private message to JustMe2001M Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Wow, what a response to the show. Obviously, it struck a nerve with everybody as much as it did me. Maybe NBC thinks that's a good thing. I know it's not for Melana and Jason. Spike was able to utilize the talents of their Joe Schmoe, but I certainly doubt they'll be able to do the same with these two.

Just for curiousity sake, I tried the NBC AJ message board. Wonder why it's down?.....

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-09-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Adam=Joey???"
This is kinda off topic but I was watching last night and something about Adam struck me as familiar. No, I don't know him but when he was getting ready at the end it finally hit me...he looks like a bigger Joey Tribiani from Friends!! Not the actor Matt LeBlanc, but the character Joey. He could be Joey's older brother!

Anyone else think the whole Rocky thing with the one-arm push-ups and the log-carrying thing was a little over the top? Were the producers hoping to induce a heart attack on poor Adam because they knew he didn't have a shot in hell with Shallow Mel and the whole premise of the show went straight into the toilet? Adam didn't get picked, why humiliate him with such a goofy segment on top of it all?!?

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-09-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Melana's choice"
I guess I understand why so many people don't agree with her decision but I think that she did what she felt was right and she chose the guy that she wanted, not the guy that we wanted her to choose. I actually think that she made the right choice because she clicked better with Jason even though I thought that Adam was really cool (and very funny!)
I also felt that during that last episode, Jason opened up to her a bit more which was something that she was looking for from him from the time that they first met.

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited. - Plutarch

GG 1957 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG%201957 Click to send private message to GG%201957 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Adam=Joey???"
I totally agree that Adam looked like a more rugged Joey Tribbiani! My DH thought I was nuts, but I am glad that someone else saw what I did.

MElana should have picked Jason because Adam is too good for her. She missed out on a great guy in Adam but Adam missed out on getting dumped on BY Melana eventually.

Jsummers 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jsummers Click to send private message to Jsummers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
I've read every single post here, and I have to see I agree completely. I'm a happily married guy, and I can't believe Melana missed the boat on this one. Some things that haven't already been commented on:

1) Compare the thought that Adam and Jason put into their dates and time with Melana. Jason was as exciting as a brick, whereas Adam put thought and effort into his time with her. The poetry, candid/sincere thoughts and moments (at one point even emotionally affected Melana), the gifts, the effort, the humble nature (he never once used his affluence or business ownership as a strategy for additional brownie points with her)... the list goes on.

2) She said at one point that all her friends where getting married and she was wondering why it hasn't yet happened to her... well need we say more on THAT mystery?

3) Didn't she say she wanted to move somewhere... to.. say... New York? Poor Adam.

4) If that cocktail stunt Jason tried to pull off didn't tip her off, well then...

The worst part is, this does nothing to counter perspectives of the superficiality of "pretty" women. Though, I have to wonder why they wouldn't do "Average Jane" for the second one! Could it be that men would be just as superficial... if not worse?

Stunned 12 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stunned Click to send private message to Stunned Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: What?? Didn't you watch it yet??"
Jason - Brings out his bronze booties. Tries to get her drunk.

Adam - Introduces her to his close friends. Has the drink menu in his bar changed to reflect events on the show. Writes her a poem. Arranges a romantic evening with candles and sentimental gifts.

No contest, really. Jason = boring. Someone else here said that if Jason was 100 lbs heavier he wouldn't have won. If he was 100 lbs heavier he wouldn't have lasted past the first day. If he was just 50 lbs heavier even, Adam would have taken this.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •