The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Allison Puzzle "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Telstar 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-10-06, 05:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Telstar Click to send private message to Telstar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Allison Puzzle "
I'm new to watching the show, but I have a few questions about Allison!

I know she was a houseguest in an earlier season, which season? Did she graduate? Why did she come back? Where her "issues" still the ones she worked on 3rd season?

Thanks, it's really killing me!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Allison Puzzle sm2 08-10-06 1
   RE: Allison Puzzle Teri 08-10-06 2
       RE: Allison Puzzle slickeronstate 08-10-06 3
           RE: Allison Puzzle Dallas80 08-19-06 4
               RE: Allison Puzzle kawyar 08-19-06 8
                   RE: Allison Puzzle Dallas80 08-20-06 10
                       RE: Allison Puzzle kawyar 08-21-06 14
           RE: Allison Puzzle Teri 08-19-06 9
               RE: Allison Puzzle Dallas80 08-20-06 12
               RE: Allison Puzzle petmama 08-22-06 15
                   RE: Allison Puzzle slickeronstate 08-24-06 18
                       RE: Allison Puzzle petmama 08-28-06 21
   RE: Allison Puzzle petmama 08-22-06 16
 RE: Allison Puzzle Dallas80 08-19-06 5
   RE: Allison Puzzle slickeronstate 08-19-06 6
       RE: Allison Puzzle Dallas80 08-20-06 11
           RE: Allison Puzzle Mr Black 08-24-06 19
   RE: Allison Puzzle Telstar 08-19-06 7
       RE: Allison Puzzle Dallas80 08-20-06 13
   RE: Allison Puzzle maryellennaco 08-24-06 17
       RE: Allison Puzzle Mr Black 08-24-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sm2 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-10-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sm2 Click to send private message to sm2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
SO, just started airing this season in my area. Yes, Alli-about-me was on season 2. I don't know what her issue's were then, but she found out at the end of that season that she would need more surgery, and was invited back to season 3 to deal with this new surgery. I have no idea why they did invite her back for another season. I would have been happy not to have seen her this season. So, I have no idea if she did the same in season 2 as she did in season 3, about having something everyone else did happen to them, happen to her. But, I do know that from these boards, that she was not all that well liked in season 3. I can't say that I liked her much either. She loved playing the poor little me card way too much. She is not the only one in the world that had to have a hysterectomy at an early age. I had one earlier than she did. Perhaps someone else who watched her both seasons could help you there.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Teri 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-10-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teri Click to send private message to Teri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
Allison showed up at the 2nd SO house very bloated and wearing a horrendous outfit - like a really uptight bright red suit and hat. She had very short, gray hair because it was growing back in after her chemo. She was upset that her hair was red when it fell out, and gray when it grew back in. She told her story about getting breast cancer. Iyanla made her take her hat off and basically embrace herself the way she was. I remember so little about her, even though I watched the entire season. I do remember that Iylana was pampering her a lot, and working on body image - not that it did any good. She spent a lot of time at the hospital, getting doctor's opinions, and did a test to find out if she had a genetic marker for cancer, which she did. That was when she decided to have her other breast removed and the hysterectomy. Before she graduated, she spoke at a breast cancer fundraising event. She also had a BESTest friend in the whole wide world, a gay guy who's name I can't remember, who was part of her graduation and something else I can't remember, who she never mentioned again the second time around. Hope that helps. I realize I didn't provide much enlightenment - just same old Allison, except the first time around I believe people were more sympathetic. The second time around, she really started showing her true colors.

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-10-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
I think the bestest friend for life's name was Patrick. He was at her graduation where they gave her all sorts of treats to set up a cancer cafe at the hospital she was treated. She would talk to him on the phone often and he seemed to be her closest friend for life. Third season he was not spoken of once. They either had a falling out or this season was going to be hers, and she was too busy starring in her own SO season to bother with him.

The significant difference is that she arrived later on in the season in the second season. Not being part of the original clique works to ones disadvantage. I always thought the reason she was invited back (reworked at the start of season 3's start) was because she threw such a hissy fit when the LC's invited back the blonde lawyer to be a LC for the next season. Allison thought she should be invited back to be a mentor/LC. So they said to her - to get her out of the house and off the graduation stage (without a suicide leaving the show liable) was to say she would be invited back. I think the reasoning behind why she was on season 3 was reworked to make more sense at the start of season 3.

Dallas80 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-06, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dallas80 Click to send private message to Dallas80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
OMG!! Allison through a fit in season 2 to get the coaches to invite her back as a mentor?!!? OMG!!!

THis show SHOULD be off the air, 'cuz THEY DON'T HAVE AN EFFAN CLUE!!

When Season 3 was over, Allison gave an interview for some media type in her hometown of Charlotte saying she thought she was only going to be in the house for a couple of weeks as the "elder/mentor" and then get back to her own life.

When I read that I was like "WHAAAAAAH!!?! Who gave her that idea?!? (I never saw Season 2). And now to hear she was a whiny b..tchy baby, manipulating people (who are SUPPOSED to be savvy about that kind of thing), the FIRST TIME time she was on SO!
And they let her come back and made Season 3 the "Allison" show?!!

Obviously. B-M productions know TV but they sure don't know narcissistic, histrionic, personality-affective disordered women.
Those kind of women can NEVER START OVER!!

kawyar 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-19-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kawyar Click to send private message to kawyar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
>>Obviously. B-M productions know TV but they sure don't know narcissistic, histrionic, personality-affective disordered women.
Those kind of women can NEVER START OVER!!<<

I beg to differ. I was a Borderline with a narcissisism and histrionic diagnosis. It took me a good 12 years of therapy, but I did change for the better. Now I have long term relationships that aren't just one-sided, an ability to be non-judgemental of others, and I actually have a sense of self that comes from within rather than from others around me.

NEVER start over? I don't think so. If the motivation is great enough, it supplies the energy and dedication to affect any changes. I'm still a Borderline, but I've learned new ways of coping emotionally.

08-20-06, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dallas80 Click to send private message to Dallas80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
>>>Obviously. B-M productions know TV but they sure don't know narcissistic, histrionic, personality-affective disordered women.
>Those kind of women can NEVER
>START OVER!!<<
>
>I beg to differ. I
>was a Borderline with a
>narcissisism and histrionic diagnosis.
>It took me a good
>12 years of therapy, but
>I did change for the
>better. Now I have
>long term relationships that aren't
>just one-sided, an ability to
>be non-judgemental of others, and
>I actually have a sense
>of self that comes from
>within rather than from others
>around me.
>
>NEVER start over? I don't
>think so. If the
>motivation is great enough, it
>supplies the energy and dedication
>to affect any changes.
>I'm still a Borderline, but
>I've learned new ways of
>coping emotionally.

Thank you, Kawyar, for sharing your experience. You are a rare and special individual. Your motivation must have been VERY great indeed. The majority of narc-hist personality types are not motivated AT ALL.

I would ask you to share your motivation, but I'm not sure this is the forum (you decide) AND whatever motivated you probably would not motivate another.

But thank you for your comment. It does give me hope, now, for the people in my life (professionally and personally) who have this disorder.

kawyar 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-21-06, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kawyar Click to send private message to kawyar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
You've got mail!

Teri 20 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teri Click to send private message to Teri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
I always
>thought the reason she was
>invited back (reworked at the
>start of season 3's start)
>was because she threw such
>a hissy fit when the
>LC's invited back the blonde
>lawyer to be a LC
>for the next season.
>Allison thought she should be
>invited back to be a
>mentor/LC.

I can't believe I completely forgot about that! The attorney's name was Laine, I believe. Yes, Allison had a total meltdown because she was jealous that she wasn't asked to be a mentor. So, whatever happened to Laine? What kind of lame offer was that anyway? Did they really want her to come back as a LC, or did they just want to find a reason to keep people around because it was the end of the season and the house was going to empty out? At the conclusion of season one, it was kind of depressing, with only Josie and Chloe there at the end. But back to Allison - yup, she is easily made jealous. For God's sake, she was jealous of Jill because she "stole her thunder" when she announced she had fibroid tumors. Allison is a mess.

08-20-06, 02:13 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
> Yes,
>Allison had a total meltdown
>because she was jealous that
>she wasn't asked to be
>a mentor.

B & M should have decided at that point to get rid of her as fast as they could and never look back---not reward her bad behavior.

> For God's sake, she
>was jealous of Jill because
>she "stole her thunder" when
>she announced she had fibroid
>tumors. Allison is a mess.

A true narcissist---she thinks she's the only one on the planet with problems.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-22-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
Layne was only asked to stay in the SOH, until Season 2 ended, as a mentor to the remaining HG's. I really don't think Allison was jealous of Layne for that reason. Allison was jealous of anyone with a better figure. Especially Layne and Tess. And, it was naver my opinion that she wanted to return as a coach or mentor. But, rather a permanant HG. Forever protected from the real world outside the SOH.

08-24-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
I believe Laine was asked to stay with the show for the duration of season 2 as well as return - ie: during season 3.

Allison had a meltdown at the end of season 2 because they asked Laine and not her.

Of course Allison is jealous of anyone better looking than her or anyone more mature than her who isn't a drama queen. But she took it like a punch to her tummy that Laine was given this highest of graduation honours over Allison. At this point she did not realize she would be invited back to be a pity party of one returning HG.

08-28-06, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
Layne was asked to stay, for the remainer of Season 2, in much the same way Jodi and Sommer were asked, this season, to stay on and "help" the remsining HG's.
Allison, was told, by Iyanla that, because of her remaining issues, she could come back to the SOH, if she wished. As a houseguest. Not, a mentro. And, she accepted this invitation. This was rerun today, BTW.

08-22-06, 07:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-06 AT 07:06 PM (EST)

Compared to this past season, Allison was a sheer delight during her first stay in the SOH. Seemed to consider herself just another HG. I don't remember her cleaning so much back then. Drinking wine. Or, having that "this is my house and everything's got to be about me" diva attitude she brought back with her. And, she had quite a sense of humor. She'd only had one breast removed so far, and no reconstructive surgery, so she was wearing a prosthetic "boob" that once slipped out of her bra during a phone call. They never aired that ibncident. But, during a group session on laughter led by Dr Stan, when he asked the women to make each other laugh without getting up, Allison whipped her "boob" out and threw it at Bethany. Those ladies were throwing the thing all over the place and poor Dr Dtan was blushing like a stop light.

08-19-06, 03:24 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-06 AT 11:07 PM (EST)

>I'm new to watching the show,
>but I have a few
>questions about Allison!
>
>I know she was a houseguest
>in an earlier season, which
>season? Did she graduate?
> Why did she come
>back? Where her "issues"
>still the ones she worked
>on 3rd season?
>
>Thanks, it's really killing me!

Telstar, it's a really, really, REALLY LONG STORY. Allison was on season 2 AND season 3. She graduated.

"Why did she come back?", you ask? THAT IS THE $100,000 question we'd all like to have the answer to. (And we'd all probably use the money as a burn pile under an effigy (sp?) of Allison.)

"Were her "issues" still the ones she worked on 3rd season?"
---WELL---Season 2 was the TIP of the iceberg.
Season 3 she not only brought Season 2 issues with her, but she managed to make EVERY SINGLE ISSUE from each houseguest "her issue" too. Her iceberg under the surface was of "Titanic" proportions. She sunk the "Starting Over SHIP".

Trust me when I say, Allison will no doubt write her memoirs and you'll be able to read all about it. She won't "go quietly into that good night".

08-19-06, 04:31 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
B & M had a soft spot for Allison due to her cancer. One of the B or M died of breast cancer.

She left season 2 with the caveat that she would return as a mentor. She came back as a basketcase. Better ratings?

Oh gawd the thought of that wrinkly nose and plastic smile of hers.

I doubt her hair was "red" when she was diagnosed from cancer - ya sure from a bottle. She was a middle aged woman acting like a child.

08-20-06, 02:06 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
>B & M had a soft
>spot for Allison due to
>her cancer. One of
>the B or M died
>of breast cancer.

Do you suppose they thought Allison might die on the show and increase their ratings? (We could have sold popcorn and invited the neighbors, huh?)

>She left season 2 with the
>caveat that she would return
>as a mentor. She
>came back as a basketcase.

BOY, DID SHE EVER!!

>Oh gawd the thought of that
>wrinkly nose and plastic smile
>of hers.

Does anybody out there have a pic of that? It would make a great target for my dart board.

>I doubt her hair was "red"
>when she was diagnosed from
>cancer - ya sure from
>a bottle.

She wasn't red. She was a very mousey brunette. Google pics of her back in 2000.

> She was a middle aged
>woman acting like a child.

Especially when she'd rub her eyes with both fists when she was crying. I've only seen 3 yr olds do that.

Allison is a very PATHETIC middle-aged child. (IMHO)

Mr Black 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Black Click to send private message to Mr%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
DALLAS NAILED IT WITH THE "MIDDLE-AGED CHILD"! MY SPOUSE AND I MISSED SO 2, SO KNEW NOTHING ABOUT ALLISON. THE BETTER HALF IMMEDIATELY FELT SORRY FOR ALLISON AND CHAMPIONED HER CAUSE. I, ON THE OTHER HAND, KNEW THAT SHE WAS A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING...COULD NEVER HAVE A MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH HER. I DO FEEL SORRY FOR HER, BUT WOULD ALWAYS AVOID HER AT ALL COSTS IF SHE WERE IN MY LIFE!

Telstar 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-19-06, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Telstar Click to send private message to Telstar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
>She won't "go quietly into
>that good night".

THAT made me laugh. . .thanks for the info everyone! I hate the show is cancelled. It was my summer guilty pleasure.

08-20-06, 02:16 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
>>She won't "go quietly into
>>that good night".
>
>
>THAT made me laugh. . .thanks
>for the info everyone!
>I hate the show is
>cancelled. It was my
>summer guilty pleasure.

It was fun while it lasted .

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-24-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
Stands & claps!!! Agree 100% with your synopsis of "The Allisham" show. Let's also not forget that in between seasons 2 and 3, she had her "allison in wonderland" website where she shilled for $$$ supposedly to help pay for her "medical debts". Those "debts" turned out to be credit card debts that are discussed in length on another thread.
Suffice to say, between all of her "issues", she became an incredible bore....

Mr Black 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-06, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Black Click to send private message to Mr%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Allison Puzzle "
Me thinks Allison must be secretly happy with all these threads. Even though 90+% negative, she is getting the attention that she thrives on. Apparently, this is the only way some people can 'get a life'!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •