The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

eve03 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-21-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eve03 Click to send private message to eve03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
Yeah, I'd say you're living beyond your means if you're putting your South Beach frozen entrees and Kendall Jackson wine on the Visa and Mastercard!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... Anne18 07-21-06 1
   RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... techstyle 07-21-06 2
   RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... petmama 07-21-06 4
   RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... Anne18 08-03-06 11
 RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... petmama 07-21-06 3
   RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... magnoliaz 08-04-06 14
 RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... annythewitch 07-27-06 5
   RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... maryellennaco 07-27-06 6
       RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... annythewitch 07-31-06 7
           RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... petmama 07-31-06 8
               RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... EMTBGRL 07-31-06 9
                   RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... eire_heart74 07-31-06 10
                       RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... petmama 08-03-06 12
                           RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... slickeronstate 08-03-06 13
                               RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... petmama 08-04-06 15
                                   RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... carriem 08-04-06 16
                                       RE: Allison putting groceries (and ... slickeronstate 08-04-06 17
                                           RE: Allison's real issues were neve... carriem 08-04-06 18
                                               RE: Allison's real issues were neve... slickeronstate 08-04-06 19
                                                   RE: Allison's real issues were neve... carriem 08-05-06 20
                                                       RE: Allison's real issues were neve... petmama 08-05-06 21
                                                           RE: Allison's real issues were neve... carriem 08-05-06 22
                                                               RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for ... carriem 08-07-06 23
                                                                   RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for ... slickeronstate 08-07-06 24
                                                                       RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for ... petmama 08-07-06 25
                                                                           RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for ... carriem 08-09-06 26
                                                                               RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for ... Mr Black 08-20-06 27
                                                                                   RE:Allison's peep-show with her sca... carriem 08-20-06 28
                                                                                       RE:Allison's peep-show with her sca... Mr Black 08-20-06 29
                                                                                           RE:Allison's peep-show with her sca... slickeronstate 08-21-06 30
                                                                                               RE:Allison's peep-show with her sca... petmama 08-22-06 31
                                                                               RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for ... petmama 08-29-06 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Anne18 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-21-06, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Anne18 Click to send private message to Anne18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-06 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

I am watching the show where the financial lady is very serious with Allison. She should be on the screen soon ... I missed this episode first time around and can't wait to see it. LOL

Update:
The financial lady Susan was A LOT nicer to Allison than I thought she would be! I would have been telling Allison that all those extra things she spends money on per month is ridiculous!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-21-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
Is it just me or does Allison own a lot of clothing ? I know I'm a minimalist when it comes to stuff so to me some of these ladies have way too much for their situations. What's with the quantity over quality. Doesn't all this stuff add stress not to mention the credit card bills!!!

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-21-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
I recall, from the original episode, that Allison's monthly medical expenses were only $360 a month. Yet, she was soliciting donations, on her website, to pay for them. More likely, it was to pay for her wine habit.

Anne18 239 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Anne18 Click to send private message to Anne18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-06 AT 09:17 PM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 07-21-06
>AT 12:28 PM (EST)

>
>
>Update:
>The financial lady Susan was A
>LOT nicer to Allison than
>I thought she would be!
>I would have been telling
>Allison that all those extra
>things she spends money on
>per month is ridiculous!

Newest Update: Today was the financial lady that I was waiting to see - the serious one! LOL I didn't get her name but she laid down the law and told Allison all about bankruptcy. lol! The backruptcy lawyer was great!

07-21-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
She's paying $800 rent every month. They showed her house at the beginning of the season, before the couples arrived for their boot camp. It was too much house, and lawn, for someone living alone. I'll bet she also has to pay someone for yardwork.

magnoliaz 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-04-06, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magnoliaz Click to send private message to magnoliaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
I agree her paying 800.00 monthly for the area she lives in is way to much she could find something very nice for allot less if she didn't quote "look for validation in material things" which is what she said yesterday after the session.. I do believe the reason they brought her back was for her to step out of the victim role but you can't help someone who doesn't want to be help.. from one Alnon to another step out of the role of always justifying that you deserve to be a total unresponsbile ##### just cause you had a crappy childhood.

annythewitch 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-27-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annythewitch Click to send private message to annythewitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
I put all my food and wine on my mastercard because I receive
money back. I also pay my credit cards in full every month when I receive my bill. Does this mean that I am living beyond my means? I don't think so.

Anyway, that is just my thought.

Anny

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-27-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
That's the difference between you and Allisham. YOU pay your credit card bills - SHE didn't. On top of scamming people for $$ on her internet site to help with her "medical bills" ...

annythewitch 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-31-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail annythewitch Click to send private message to annythewitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-06 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

I guess what I really hate about SO House is that so many of the
housemates use their experience on SO House and that notoriety in order to gain money from other people. Now, am I mistaken, or is that not dealing with the problems that brought them to SOH?

I am sorry to hear about Allyson, life is way too hard if you don't pay your bills, and are living on credit cards... oh, well, better her than me!

Cheers,

Anny

07-31-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
In case you didn't know it, you're in the majority. Those who pay their credit card bill in full every month. Only 34% don't. Most people I've known who use credit cards don't like to carry checks or lots of cash with them. Those who think everyone who uses credit cards lives beyond their means don't understand this. Non credit card holders who use payday advance or title loans services or living beyond their means, too. Paying steep interest rates. And, setting themselves up for big trouble if they default on their payments.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-31-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
To bad Ally can't put her WHINE on a credit card! Can you imagine THAT bill?

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-31-06, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
>To bad Ally can't put her
>WHINE on a credit card!
>Can you imagine THAT bill?
>

Oh she would of been over her limit years ago!! Good one!

It's truely sad that this woman so does not have her life together in her 40's. She still holding onto this cotton candy dream of having a man and a family will make everything ok. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you get tons of other issues and problems to deal with as well. She so busy whining about what she doesn't have, she's not even taking care of what she does. If I survived something as tough as cancer I would be thanking the lord daily.

I feel bad she had a bad childhood. That must truely stink but to pull a Dr Phil here, how long is she going to beat that horse? It's the past. Move on! You got bigger problems on your plate that I don't see her dealing with.

08-03-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-06 AT 06:59 PM (EST)

But, how bad was her childhood, really? Not so bad that her parents didn't make a great big deal of her birthday every year. On the MB's, posters who've had truly abusive childhoods say their abusers didn't take the day off for their birthday.
And, isn't Iyanla encouraging Allison's cotton candy dream, to some extent? To find herself a "Boo Boo"? The first thing she asked Allison, at Christie's 5K, was, "have you found your 'Boo Boo' yet?" Then, she points and says "I see one over there." Give it a rest!

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
Allison has to declare bankruptcy to pay off her credit card debts. She lived beyond her means - "large". Today she reverted to her 6 year old innocent persona when discussing her debts with both Iyanla and the bankruptcy lawyer. She doesn't get it. She is over 40 and cannot manage her spending. She is a self-declared "wino" with a shopping addiction because she feels "fat" and "ugly". Does anyone pity this greedy pig?

08-04-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
And, let's not forget she once had Iyanla conned into thinking her debt was due to cancer.
"When she first came to the" SOH "she led me to believe that her debt was mostly due to her medical bills, but now I'm seeing that Allison's debt has a lot more to do with uncontrolled spending than it does with her illness."

carriem 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-04-06, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carriem Click to send private message to carriem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
Iyanla was so incredibly soft on her little favorite Allison.Can you imagine if one of the other HG's had conned her like that?Like any over indulgent parent{so to speak}she did her more harm than good by giving her no consequences for lying.

08-04-06, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Allison putting groceries (and wine) on credit cards!"
Let's not forgot - for any pain and suffering any other housemate has endured - Allison suffered the same pain tenfold.

I wonder if the reason Iyanla is delicate with Allison because Allison has already tried suicide (so she claims) - and the show's insurance wouldn't cover this sort of scandle?

08-04-06, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carriem Click to send private message to carriem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Allison's real issues were never addressed "
I could see her as someone who would be pushed to the brink easily.Everything and everyone is so overwhelming to her.She overacts to even the slightest hint of critiscism and must remain the center of attention at all times.I'm betting those suicide attempts were just dramatic gestures but she could have ended up really doing it without meaning to.SO life coaches were in over their heads with Allison {and Meg,Bethany,Kim,and Lisa 1}.Thats my two cents anyway.

08-04-06, 09:59 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Allison's real issues were never addressed "
I agree!

I wonder if this lady schick razor product is made by the same people from Glade who sponsor the graduation gifts? She also does a Canadian cat food commercial - Whiskas or something. May be a lot cheaper for them to sponsor this gig for her than paying her tuition to the spiritual (non-accredited) university she was going to attend in L.A. to become Iyanla's spiritual advisor for the white population.

08-05-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Allison's real issues were never addressed "
Allison as a spiritual advisor is hysterical.Will she make people "whine to the universe"?Will she provide financial advice?
"Now your first step is to get as many credit cards as possible and start shopping.Then you're ready to quit your job....."What about helping overweight people? Well, maybe she could do that.Iyanla tries to supervise Jill's diet so I guess you can be really fat and still counsel people on not eating too much.But Allison could never have helped anyone anyway.Whatever their problems were she would tell them she had that same problem only ten times worse and then proceed to make the entire session about herself.

08-05-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Allison's real issues were never addressed "
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-06 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-05-06 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-05-06 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-05-06 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

Carriem, that'd be Allie to a T!
And, I couldn't agree with your earlier post more. That Iyanla, to Allison's detriment, was far too soft on her. I was watching the episode where Dr Stan announced that evening's BOR and Allison, fearing she'd be graduating, pulled out all the stops. "Hyperventilating" and dabbing at her eyes. Cut to Iyanla hugging Allison and then rubbing her feet, yet again.ENABLER! Iyanla's made a useless, pampered pet of her. And, Allison's just eating it up. Leave all that special treament behind? For the real world? Are you kidding?

08-05-06, 10:06 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Allison's real issues were never addressed "
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-06 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

I guess we are on the same page about Iyanla,Petmama!She is very much an enabler and Allison is worse off now than she was when she first came in to the SO house.It's interesting to note how much more difficult is to treat emotional and behavioral problems than physical illness.It is not cancer that is ruining Allison's chance to find real happiness!

P.S.I've only just started posting here a little while ago {have been reading other people's posts for about four months}and you "regulars" have made me feel very welcome.
Thanks!
Carrie M.

08-07-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for Allison!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-06 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

So the "baby bird who is afraid to leave the nest" is insisting on a make-over and a shopping spree.Aren't shopping sprees one of the reasons that she is in the SO house?And then she won't even go downstairs to her graduation.What a sorry b!@#$.

08-07-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for Allison!"
I was tearing up (tears of humour not sadness) when Allison complained she was not getting a makeover or a graduation outfit. I think Iyanla was trying Chinese water torture by giving our girl the hippo outfit she selected. No birthday cake from Mommy and now no makeover! Life sucks!

08-07-06, 07:52 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for Allison!"
And, let's not forget no new hairDOOOOO! For Miss (she'll never be a Mrs) Allison "I want it AAAAAAALL!" Stanley.

08-09-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for Allison!"
I wonder if she is upset this week.Now that her graduation has aired and there is no more SO she won't be on TV anymore.Unless they finish the series up by playing the race again.I hope so!I missed seeing Allison running up over the hill and from what everyone has posted it was pretty hysterical.

Mr Black 29 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-06, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Black Click to send private message to Mr%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for Allison!"
ALI IS ALL OF THE ABOVE THINGS EVERYONE HAS SAID ABOUT HER...SO SAD!! HAS ANYONE OTHER THAN MYSELF WONDERED WHY SHE WEARS ALL THOSE LOW CUT BLOUSES THAT BRING ATTENTION TO HER UNATTRACTIVE SCAR??? IS THAT MORE ATTENTION GETTING OR TRYING TO BE SEXY? CAN'T FIGURE THAT ONE OUT, BUT IT IS THE FIRST THING I NOTICE.

08-20-06, 08:16 PM (EST)
28. "RE:Allison's peep-show with her scar."
I think it is several different things at once.A need to generate sympathy,a hope that someone will notice and strike up a conversation,a not-so-subtle reminder to all the other HG's that they better remember who the real "victim" is,all of this just combines together until it is almost impossible to sort out.One of the most clear-cut ways the life coaches failed Allison was in not confronting her about her need to expose that scar as much as possible.

Mr Black 29 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-06, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Black Click to send private message to Mr%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE:Allison's peep-show with her scar."
Carriem, I agree with everything you said; however, I do wonder if she realizes how unattractive it really is. Her blouses always seem slanted and showing the scar more. Did she have both breasts removed? Can't remember!

08-21-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
30. "RE:Allison's peep-show with her scar."
Maybe part of her lady Schick endorsement includes showing off her "hairy boobies" as she calls them.

That plastic smile of hers is unsettling. Recall the night she was refilling her wine glass and TJ was saying as her accountability partner she was concerned about Allison's drinking? Allison just smile and then giggled that she was a wino not an alcoholic. Get thee to AA now girlfriend.

It would have made for great television if they had her bunk with that one woman who said she didn't have sex in 6 years and then had to get a pregnancy test - I forgot her name. She had all of her life belongings with her as she was moving. Interesting they never showed how many bags Allison had - probably just as many.

I think her best attention whore incident was when she had to override Jessica losing her mother on September 11 to Allison's 3 best pals in the whole world surviving the bombings. Odd how she never talked to them on the phone. Only her potato preoccupied "Mommy".

08-22-06, 05:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE:Allison's peep-show with her scar."
Allison never brought them up until Jessica discussed losing her mother on 9/11. And, never mentioned them since. No need to. Once she'd one-upped Jessica. I'll bet she hadn't talked to the two women since before 9/11. Or, talked to her ex-boyfriend since then. He called her from the Holland Tunnel, I think she said. So, I don't find it odd that none of them talked on the phone this season. I did found it odd, though, that after all their phone calls during her first stay in the SOH, she and Patrick didn't talk any this past season. Other than seeing her off, with Bethany, when she left for her last stay in the SOH, and sending flowers for her birthday, we heard nothing about Patrick all season.

08-29-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Boo Hoo! No shopping spree for Allison!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

Yepper, Allison had obviously gained weight in the three months since her graduation. Guess she had to give up the $250 a month gym and trainer after filing bankruptcy. And not only was Allison's "running" over the hill hysterical, so was the entire conversation between her and Iyanla, while strolling down the race course.

IV: So, how you doing?

AS: I an great.

IV: Yeah?

AS: Yeah.

IV: How's the move coming?

AS: I'm having a hard time transferring with my work.

IV: Really?

AS: But, I'm gonna. It's gonna happen.

IV: Yeah?

AS: I love school.

After a brief interlude, Allison in the confessional, we're returned to the conversation.

AS:...Joy. (I think that's her niece's name. She must've been discussing her with Iyanla)

IV: (Breaking in) So, how's "Boo boo?" (Sheeesh, will she and Rhonda ever quit pushing these women to get themselves a man)

AS: Haven't found him yet.

IV: Oh, well.

AS: But, I'm open.

IV: Wait a minute! That looks like a "boo boo," over there, to
me. Let's go!

And, with Allison, giggling stupidly, in tow, Iyanla runs out of camera range.

Tell me, Iyanla. How, busy with school and trying to transfer her job so she can move, does Allison have time to look for any "boo boos"? Besides, she's no man magnet, with the weight she's put on since graduating. And, her "performance" on SO this past season.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •