The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

redheaded1 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded1 Click to send private message to redheaded1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
How is it that when one of the housemates is about to bomb on her assignment it now becomes a group thing. I don't get that at all. Especially after Rhonda had given Christie a specific task 3 days ago and she still didn't have it done. How is that teaching her anything except transferring your responsibilities to other people.

I usually get the significance of the assignments and agree with the things Rhonda and Iyanla say, but Rhonda was just wrong on this one. How is that fair that Jodi and Sommer are graduates and now told if they fail on Christie's assignment, then they make Christie fail.

I also thought it quite funny that Antonia was put in charge of the budget and donations.

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Juliejo 05-18-06 1
 RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Ujena 05-18-06 2
 RE: If the housemates drop the ball... eire_heart74 05-18-06 3
   RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Juliejo 05-18-06 4
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Ujena 05-18-06 5
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... momof4inVA 05-19-06 18
 RE: If the housemates drop the ball... MizJazmine 05-18-06 6
   RE: If the housemates drop the ball... SeasonedRefinement 05-18-06 9
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... petmama 05-18-06 10
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... petmama 05-18-06 12
           RE: If the housemates drop the ball... EMTBGRL 05-19-06 17
   RE: If the housemates drop the ball... geminirose 05-18-06 11
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Redbud 05-21-06 30
   RE: If the housemates drop the ball... ybarks 05-19-06 15
 RE: If the housemates drop the ball... BimBo 05-18-06 7
   RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Ujena 05-18-06 14
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... SOfan0221 05-19-06 16
 RE: If the housemates drop the ball... sillybear 05-18-06 8
   RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Twinkles 05-18-06 13
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... 26mitogo 05-20-06 19
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... sharnina 05-20-06 20
           RE: If the housemates drop the ball... SOfan0221 05-20-06 21
           RE: If the housemates drop the ball... AshLanie 05-20-06 22
               RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Twinkles 05-20-06 23
           RE: If the housemates drop the ball... EMTBGRL 05-21-06 29
 RE: If the housemates drop the ball... SOfan0221 05-21-06 24
   RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Redbud 05-21-06 25
       RE: If the housemates drop the ball... Juliejo 05-21-06 26
           RE: If the housemates drop the ball... techstyle 05-21-06 27
               RE: If the housemates drop the ball... techstyle 05-21-06 28
 RE: If the housemates drop the ball... maryellennaco 05-22-06 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-18-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Christie has blown the assignment and so now it is a group thing because the 5-K run is scheduled and has to be completed. Rhonda knows that Sommer and Jodi will get it done where Christie will not and cannot.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ujena 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ujena Click to send private message to Ujena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
I think Christie could have used life coach assistance with this endevore, after all it is a SO 5K and they are putting so much emphasis on how important it is and how it is going to give women the courage to change. I was shocked when she was given this assignment from the beginning because I have organized events and for the first time you need lots of help for sure!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-18-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Frankly what else do Sommer and Jodi have to do around there. Might as well have them working for their rent!

Christie seems to be starving for excuses not to do things with the "Oh I didn't know" excuse. Come on Christie! We ain't buying it!

I like the fact that she wants to be this mentor to women and change lives but it takes alot of work to be a "Rhonda". Think what you want of our fearless life coach, she wouldn't be on this show if she just sat on her butt and talked about being "pissed off" all the time.

05-18-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
In the confessional today Christie talked about how she will have all this experience in organizing events that she will go to work for some organization in that capacity and then start her own business. Give me a break. This woman is so full of crap. She hasnt done one thing since she has been in the SO house except PI$$ and MOAN about some thing or another. She has had excuse after excuse after excuse for all of her failings. Does she really live in such LA LA land that she thinks she is going to be an expert when she is finshed with the 5K run? No we ain't buying it Chrisite. GET A LIFE.

05-18-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ujena Click to send private message to Ujena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
>In the confessional today Christie talked
>about how she will have
>all this experience in organizing
>events that she will go
>to work for some organization
>in that capacity and then
>start her own business.
>Give me a break.
>This woman is so full
>of crap. She hasnt done
>one thing since she has
>been in the SO house
>except PI$$ and MOAN about
>some thing or another.
>She has had excuse after
>excuse after excuse for all
>of her failings. Does
>she really live in such
>LA LA land that she
>thinks she is going to
>be an expert when she
>is finshed with the 5K
>run? No we ain't
>buying it Chrisite. GET
>A LIFE.

I noticed this too, what is the deal? She isn't getting it!!! Is it me or is Christie seemig a bit slow? She talks slow and she has a difficult time hearing and then doing tasks. I wonder if it has something to do with being a recovering alcoholic. She will learn from this and will realize what is involved with putting an event of this size. I still say she should have had much more help from the beginning, even a book on putting together public events would have helped her.

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Juliejo
ITA Christie is either totally delusional or she is just an idiot! I really can't stand her. How much more self centered and annoying can she get.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Ohhhhh puhleeeze! From the get go I thought this assignment was bogus. I also felt initially it was unfair to Christie, but then they gave her Jodi and Sommer to help her. Now it's ALL the women's responsibility? What a crock! I couldn't once more respect Dr. Stan's little manipulation on yesterday's show about commitment. I think the remaining women have every right to be committed to their goals in the house AND support Christie. They shouldn't have to COMMIT to anybody elses assignment. IMO that's just plain wrong, manipulative, and exploitive.

Now Christie's on her self righteous whiney SELFISH judgemental high horse again, and thinking the world revolves around her. Yep they're trying to set up Antonia, but I think she'll do just fine.

One last thing I totally disagree with this garbage that if one person fails then Christie fails crap. No if Christie doesn't micro-manage and follow up on things because it's her responsibility to do so, then SHE fails. Strange how Christie has NEVER had to COMMIT to anybody else in this same way in the SOH...smh.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
There is more wisdom in the posts on this site than the entire season of the LC's speeches and exercises.

You are so right, MizJ.: "wrong, manipulative, and exploitive". That sums up this 5K.

It starts with an exercise for Christie. Christie is obviously way over her head, so they add Jodi. That isn't enough because Jodi, who could probably handle this thing start to finish, won't do Christie's job. So they add Sommer to the mix. That isn't enough, so Christie meets with a "mentor". She gets a nice pep talk, and the option of asking the highly successful, wild-haired blonde lady to be her own personal mentor. That still isn't enough, so, at the eleventh hour, the rest of the housemates are pulled into the 5K. They are all working on their own goals - but presumably, their goals are put on hold because the 5K is more important. They are also given a solemn warning: the success or failure of the 5K is on their heads...collectively and individually.

I do not think the poster who questioned Christie's mental abilities was being facetious. She may be more on target than we know. It is entirely possible that Christie suffers from residual brain damage from her years of drug and alcohol abuse.

I'm amazed that Christie, a low functioning individual, moves with such ease from her soapbox of whining to her high horse of blaming (but toddlers can do that too). How dare Christie question that validity of Niambi's pain or discomfort? Isn't anyone going to quote the "no expectation on other people" SO mantra on this one?

Christie may have been an abysmal model, but at least the reputations of other people weren't riding on the success or failure of that pipedream. Although we all know that SO will pull this 5K out of the bag, I sincerely hope that someone in authority pulls Christie aside and tells her, in no uncertain terms, that the success of the race was in spite of Christie, not because of her.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
You got that right! Have you noticed how much of the work Jodi's been doing? On the computer and over the phone? While Christie's been sitting on her a$$? Somtimes, like today, scarfing down a plateful of food?

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 05:24 PM (EST)

>...It
>is entirely possible that Christie
>suffers from residual brain damage
>from her years of drug
>and alcohol abuse...

When Christie said she didn't understand the difference between a race itinerary and a task list, I thought "how damn stupid can she be?" Rhonda makes her "brain rattle"? Because all that drug and alcohol abuse has shrunken it?

>...How
>dare Christie question that validity
>of Niambi's pain or discomfort?...

Both of Niambi's ankles were so badly sprained she needed therapy. If Christie were in that kind of pain, she'd want the entire SOH waiting on her hand and foot.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
>Both of Niambi's ankles were so
>badly sprained she needed therapy.
>If Christie were in that
>kind of pain, she'd want
>the entire SOH waiting on
>her hand and foot.

There's no "wanting" the entire SOH "waiting on her hand and foot" they ARE "waiting on her hand and foot!"

I didn't see the episode where they were told that if Christie fails they'll all fail. If that were said to ME? -- ummm...I would not have responded in the confessional, or by throwing up in the ceramic pears, or gossiping in the house to others later. I would have turned to Christie and said, "How do you feel about taking personal responsibility for your exercise?" (she would psychobabble at this point) I would respond by saying, "I feel very strongly about personal responsibility. I will be supporting you by clapping from the sidelines. I'll show up. That's it. I am not your staff person, your mother or your maid. Stop expecting that from people. You might be confused as to why you are not graduating, but I am not. You have all the support you need. Would you like the participants in the 5K to come here and make phone calls for you about donations? Probably. But, that would be out of line. That's not their job, and this isn't mine--it's yours. End of story."

I know, I'd either get probation or kicked out. That's fine. If they still brought in the KISS Army to help Christie, at this point? I'd be packing my bags to leave on my own!

:::aaarrgghh!!:: This show is turning into the Rocky Horror Picture show of Daytime TV! I just want to throw things at them and chant stupid responses to their conflama and idiocy!

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-18-06, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

>One last thing I totally disagree
>with this garbage that if
>one person fails then Christie
>fails crap. No if Christie
>doesn't micro-manage and follow up
>on things because it's her
>responsibility to do so, then
>SHE fails.

right! if she's the event coordinator/project manager in the real world, then if someone isnt doing his or her job it's her responsibility to delegate the task to someone else or to do it herself to make sure a goal is accomplished. you dont just call it quits because someone isnt pulling his or her weight. it's her responsibility to make sure that everything is on schedule and to fix any problems as they come up.

of course, she doesnt know the difference between a task list and a race itinerary. (and i thought it was so rude that rhonda says, "even Antonia knows the difference between the two." like Antonia is the house dummy).

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-06, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"

>of course, she doesnt know the
>difference between a task list
>and a race itinerary.
>(and i thought it was
>so rude that rhonda says,
>"even Antonia knows the difference
>between the two." like Antonia
>is the house dummy).

Ummm, I think Antonia IS the house dummy. Have you ever noticed how most HGs start mimicking the LGs when they supposedly are nearing graduation?They all seem to become self centered, selfish and annoying. They suddenly they graduate.

ybarks 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ybarks Click to send private message to ybarks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
I agree with you and shes always whines and whines about niambi and needs to get her own mess done and i can't see where she has grown she has had a lot of help maybe to much and niambi can see though her and i alse think there trying to get her out of the house.

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
I'm still inclined to think that Rhonda has "personal gain" written all over this thing. For HER.....not Christy or any other woman they might be running for. We're getting VERY close to the end of the season here, so it was like "Hurry up and get everyone graduated", because they don't want them being distracted by anything. And they can't exactly help with Rhonda's race if they're busy working on their own problems. After all, this race WAS the reason for keeping them around. Mentors, as if. They're only there serving as puppets. Rhonda must really need this thing to succeed(for whatever reason) and she must know christy just is'nt capable of pulling it off on her own.

05-18-06, 05:37 PM (EST)
14. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
>I'm still inclined to think that
>Rhonda has "personal gain" written
>all over this thing.
>For HER.....not Christy or any
>other woman they might be
>running for.

Bingo, my thoughts as well!!! That is why I thought Rhonda should have been more involved with the planning of this. When it was going to be named the STARTING OVER 5k, I thought, huh oh, this better be right or someone is going to being wearing the new egg on face look. Hands down, this project was way ofer Christies head!!!

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-19-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
dingdingding I agree. This is Rhonda's baby, and Christie gets the priveledge of putting it together as a means of graduating. Since Christie is so very obviously blowing it big time then lets change it all 4 days before the event and make it a 'group' project. Which Ms Niambi is going to blow for all.

Then to top it all off we have Ms Grown A$$ Woman Jill waddling in clutching her pearls boo hooing because her mom wasn't all that happy about her making nice with daddy. WTF, mom could not have been any clearer when Jill was trying to get info about daddy. I don't even know the woman and I could see back off written all over her face.

And Ms. Jill certainly is not going to put down the cousin to a cupcake, Mr Doughnut and waddle her way through a 5K. So what perfect timing.

I thought when these people graduated they moved on with their lives, not run back to SO every little hiccup in the road.

They need to call this starting over and over and over and over.

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
It really bugged me yesterday when Christie said that the housmates were really bugging her.I was thinking just how ungrateful can that woman be!I definitely see the point of this being a team effort.I think it is a good thing but this is still Christie's assignment.I personally think that if there are any problems that come up Christie will have someone to share the blame with instead of taking responsibilty herself.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-18-06, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

This assignment has left Christie in the zone of confusion and befuddlement. I think the concept of confusion was addressed by an LC months ago. It can be a cop out - a way of zoning out to avoid paying attention or avoid responsibilty or something like that. I think she really does feel overwhelmed and confused and truly isn't able to hear and understand all the info Rhonda must unload on her about what to do.

I know when I start acting confused that something else is really going on. I'm avoiding my task for some reason. My mind is rarely that fuzzy unless I haven't slept for 2 days or something. Maybe she's channeling what it's like to be intoxicated if she can't have the real thing. Christie has been in that fuzzy zone since she's had the assignment and it's different than her usual sleep/nag/pissed-off cycle of existence.
(edited to say something about the original question. lol)

They have recently squeezed in reasons to have everybody work on the problem. Even Dr Stan's appeal made it sound more like a rating's ploy to me - like why it should mattter to the world of women out here watching. We and the HGs may not give a hoot about Christie but let's get on the bandwagon anyway.

Now they tell Christie to make a check board and to delegate but we've seen she doesn't know more than to transfer the list to the board and she doesn't know how to delegate. She doesn't check in with Niambi to see if she's still able to participate now that she's injured. Instead she gets mad at her. It's Christie's responsibility to delegate and see if the tasks need to be reassigned. Okay Niambi didn't say hi as she walked in the door but you still need to find out if the race is on track. It's still up to you Christie. You can ask. You can do more in life than sit back in judgement.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-06 AT 00:57 AM (EST)

BINGO!! Twinkles

I think a large part, and many of the most important parts of Rhonda's little 5k race had already been handled by SO personnel (t-shirt donations, location, permits, street blocks, sponsors, etc.) so Rhonda thought LazyPissyChristie could at least handle what was left, as long as she had Jodi to help her. Saddly, Rhonda's little pet, yet another failure to add to her list, has proven herself lazier and less competent than anyone ever imagined. I'm sure Rhonda thought she'd transformed addict-country-hick-uneducated-can't-manage-her-own-life-Christie into someone who could at least get a "yes" from the t-shirt guy (since he'd probably already signed a contract to supply the shirts before Christie was even given the assignment), write up the "Race Day Itinerary" that it sounded like Rhonda had layed out for her days before, and other such tasks. In actuality, there was not a lot that was left undone except for Christie to do exactly what she was told. I think they wanted it to look as if Christie really accomplished an incredible feat but she was so inept they couldn't manage to find footage that even made Christie look competent.

I've run events like this & some much larger ... and, yes, there are so many more details than anyone could ever imagined. It's mind boggling. There is no way anyone in that house could handle something that complicated from scratch in such a short time. Jodi probably could with the help of SO contacts and direction but you have to know local laws & regulations, have an idea of local businesses, groups, & organizations, know good start/finish locations & streets involved, how to reach local runners, etc. But really, when you watch the footage of what was actually left to do, most of it was decided, planned, and excecuted before handed to the SOH. Rhonda was very specific on every detail, right down to the logo, entry form lay-out, wording, who to contact, etc. All Christie needed to do was make a list of what Rhonda said, give some of it to Jodi then bask in the glory of a perfectly coordinated 5k. But they never bargained on someone being so lazy, grumpy, inept, and ineffectual.

Sadly, Christie's true INabilities and her self-absorbed priorities shined like a beacon. Rhonda & the SO staff that had already put a lot of work into this event were probably in a panic wondering how it was ever going to happen ... and still make it appear as if Christie actually accomplished something. Rhonda couldn't get Christie to do any more than walk around the house shuffling her crumpled papers, get pissed off at all the HG, and sit in the confessional judging and self-righteously bi!ching about Naimbi ... so they climb down everyone else's throats & make them all responsible for Christie's brain rattling. PITIFUL!!!

I agree with many up-thread about all of SO being hijacked for Rhonda's own self-promotion. Is it in an attempt to promote her book, a new SO cable program, or is this the kick off for some kind of mentoring business she is starting? Either way, this woman has no scruples. She lost my respect *long* ago but this is shameful!

And how good a LC is she that she couldn't discern the magnatude of Christie's issues and see she would be unable to handle something that was primarily a check list.

(edited for wording)

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-06, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Twinkles writes;

"This assignment has left Christie in the zone of confusion and befuddlement. I think the concept of confusion was addressed by an LC months ago. It can be a cop out - a way of zoning out to avoid paying attention or avoid responsibilty or something like that. I think she really does feel overwhelmed and confused and truly isn't able to hear and understand all the info Rhonda must unload on her about what to do."

As I read that I began to wonder something. I have ADD and I'm wondering if Christie has ADD. Those are some classic symptons listed above. Throughout my life I have developed some coping mechanisms so I don't walk through life in a fog like Christie does. But I also didn't have the life Christie had growing up. I had a mother that required organization from us when we were little and delegated responsibilities to all of us kids on a regular and consistant basis. Christie's life has been one long string of inconsistancy and neglect.

Sometimes when I have something large to do in front of me I feel overwhelmed and not sure how I can begin. My first instinct is to give up and not even begin because the task seems too big. A classic characteristic of ADD and ADHD is not being able to see to the end of a large task so you don't begin at all. Kind of like a kid with a big paper to do for high school. Or the kid that has been asked to clean their room. All they can see is the mess and not visualize the end so they never begin to start with.

Just a theory - and have I mentioned that I like Christie. ( SR)

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

05-20-06, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
I think you make a good point Sharnina, and one that I had not considered.

Having said that, I do not have ADD yet doing a large task like putting together a 5K race may have the same effect on me. Leave me in a fog wondering if I have covered all my bases.

Christie, whatever her reasons, has all her resources at her fingertips to get this done. I have not done 5K races but I have put together major Christmas charity drives to help those less fortunate than I and I have done very well with sponors and getting help for people. All Christie ever had to do was open her mouth. Not only did she have resourses in the house such as Jodi, Rhonda and Iyanla she also had all the corporate people that SO had so obviously lined up in advance.

Christie is just plain lazy. Her ho-hum attitude and lack of drive is something that SO will not be able to fix. Motivation comes from within and she just does not have it. She prefers to be cuddled up on the couch in her jammies.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
>Twinkles writes;
>
>"This assignment has left Christie in
>the zone of confusion and
>befuddlement. I think the concept
>of confusion was addressed by
>an LC months ago. It
>can be a cop out
>- a way of zoning
>out to avoid paying attention
>or avoid responsibilty or something
>like that. I think she
>really does feel overwhelmed and
>confused and truly isn't able
>to hear and understand all
>the info Rhonda must unload
>on her about what to
>do."
>
>As I read that I began
>to wonder something. I have
>ADD and I'm wondering if
>Christie has ADD. Those are
>some classic symptons listed above.
>Throughout my life I have
>developed some coping mechanisms so
>I don't walk through life
>in a fog like Christie
>does. But I also didn't
>have the life Christie had
>growing up. I had a
>mother that required organization from
>us when we were little
>and delegated responsibilities to all
>of us kids on a
>regular and consistant basis. Christie's
>life has been one long
>string of inconsistancy and neglect.
>
>
>Sometimes when I have something large
>to do in front of
>me I feel overwhelmed and
>not sure how I can
>begin. My first instinct is
>to give up and not
>even begin because the task
>seems too big. A classic
>characteristic of ADD and ADHD
>is not being able to
>see to the end of
>a large task so you
>don't begin at all. Kind
>of like a kid with
>a big paper to do
>for high school. Or the
>kid that has been asked
>to clean their room. All
>they can see is the
>mess and not visualize the
>end so they never begin
>to start with.
>
>Just a theory - and have
>I mentioned that I like
>Christie. ( SR)
>
>
>Therefore do not worry about
>tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry
>about itself.
>Each day has enough trouble of
>its own. Matthew 6:34

>

Christie would be a good advertisement...not sure if you remmeber the ad: this is your brain......this is your brain on drugs....(They open an egg into a hot frying pans and it burns)...

Christie is a prime example of what happens when one abuses alcohol and drugs. Just like the egg her brain cells have been fried.

Sidenote to all:

My question is:

Did Christie apply to the show or was she brought on through another means as was Antonia?

Christie is in Rhonda's newest book (published in March-about two and half months after the last taping of the show) and I don't feel that came about after she, Christie, came to the house.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-20-06, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
lol "this is your brain on drugs" Yeah, I forgot about that tv ad. It was resurrected recently for an MTV ad, too.

I don't know how she came into the house. I just know it was under the pretense of body image issues. When she leaves she should be much more concerned about the state of her brain, not her body.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-21-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
I began to wonder something. I have
>ADD and I'm wondering if
>Christie has ADD.

I will admit that I, too, have ADD. I didn't know that until I was 19-years-old, and the diagnosis DID explain a lot.

>Throughout my life I have
>developed some coping mechanisms so
>I don't walk through life
>in a fog like Christie
>does.

I am aware of my ADD, and design my own coping mechanisms. Some work, some don't, and--hey look! a bird!--and some need fine tuning! (I can laugh at myself--a little.)

The difference between Christie and me? I believe that even if Christie realized she had ADD, she would use that as an excuse to NOT find coping mechanisms, but would find reasons to blame others for her ineffectualness. "Niambi just HAS to run the race! I don't CARE if she's injured, *I* have ADD!" For someone like Christie? ADD would be an "out" not a "reason to learn to cope." I've met plenty of people like Christie in this respect. Plenty of people like Christie have said things to me like, "You can't POSSIBLY understand what it's like to have ADD! Everything is so much HARDER!" I don't tell them that I have ADD, I just nod. They need their crutch. Who am I to take it away from them?

But I also didn't
>have the life Christie had
>growing up.

Both of my parents were "functional" addicts, and my mother was (and still is) OCD. I still think Christie is a whiner. Her parents are not sitting on her, preventing her from getting this 5K planned! I don't see them calling her on the SOH telephone and saying, "You can't handle the 5K" I place blame where it belongs..in this case? It's with Christie. There are perfectly functional adults with ADD in the world. Even if Christie HAS ADD? She isn't one of them.

Christie's life has been one long
>string of inconsistancy and neglect.

Sounds like my childhood. Look how different Christie and I are--I got to the point where I tired of feeling like a victim and decided not to play the role anymore, not even on TV.
>
A classic characteristic of ADD and ADHD
>is not being able to
>see to the end of
>a large task so you
>don't begin at all.

That's true. Another characteristic is not being able to finish what you start, when you do start. I would respect Christie starting this on her own, having a hard time finishing, and admitting needing help with the finishing the minor details. I don't see that here. I see Christie as wanting the entire task to be done for her. She's the kind of manager that believes the definition of managment is "delegate to everyone else, so that I don't have to do anything at all." Granted, maybe she's overwhelmed. If that's true, she needs coaching on how to deal with the feelings of being overwhelmed. That would be useful (and for us watching, too, I'd bet.)

All they can see is the
>mess and not visualize the
>end so they never begin
>to start with.

I am not a neat person at home. Being neat at work exhausts me so much...I don't expect people to be perfect. I do expect people to try without so much whining, OR assuming everyone else "doesn't understand" or "doesn't want to help." (as per my above example.)

In fact, I have both ADD and a closed head injury from a traumatic car accident. I could STILL plan that 5K without so much whining!
>
>Just a theory - and have
>I mentioned that I like
>Christie. ( SR)

You're allowed to like Christie. ;)
I don't "dis"like Christie (I don't know her.)
All the things about Christie are probably a reflection of fears about myself. Not coping..turning into Christie..etc.

Is that deep, or a puddle?
>
>
>

05-21-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
24. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
If the ball gets dropped, they all share in the blame.....hmm interesting but the bottom line is this. Jodi and Sommer have already graduated. Friday's show announced Antonia's graduation. So that means on Ms Christie and her nemisis Niambi are the only 2 left to graduate. So if the ball gets dropped does that mean that Jodi, Sommer and Antonia get their graduations recinded? Kind of like 'another SO first'?

Christie apparently never really stepped up to the plate and took responsibility for being an adult before. She would just whine and p/m about things.....her baby brother being a perfect example. She is showing the same traits with the race. She wants her name to be forefront but she doesn't want to put the effort into it.

It will happen and I am sure be a big success becuase Rhonda and SO will not let it fail. However, IMHO, had it all been up to Christie alone - it would have never happened. She doesn't have the stick-to-it-ness a project of this size requires and she is too willing to throw in the towel and say...'it's just too hard and there are too many details'.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
i agree totally. If whining, complaining, pouting and crying are indicators of a successful 5K, then Christie has succeeded wildly. From SOH lining up the free printer, the mentors, and the sponsors, and giving her all the HGs, and with Rhonda keeping on top of her, Christie couldn't fail unless she simply ran away. They have done EVERYTHING for her. What the heck is there to complain about?????

05-21-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
26. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Christie sits around in her PJ's and house shoes most of the time because she is too lazy to get dresed. With her brain fried form all the drugs and booze she IS proably overwhelmed but that is a poor excuse to whine, pi$$ and moan about everybody else. If she didnt understand what Rhonda wanted she should have asked to have it clarified. But I dont' think Christie is smart enough to ask Rhonda to Clarify anything. She is a wanna be. I wanna be a top model, I want to work as an organizer, I want to raise my brother, but the truth of it is that is BS talk. If it takes any kind of hard work Christie isnt up for it.

The 5-K will be a success but it will be no thanks to Christie. This is Rhonda's baby and it will go off wihtout a hitch. But she wont' have Chrisite to thank for it. When Christie leaves the SO house the first time something comes up that she cant' handle she will be right back on the drug and booze. I dont' think Christe has ADD or ADHA but I do think she has some major slef-esteem issues and that she may have damaged her brain by spending all those years on drugs.
When she came to the SO house it is my understanding that she came directly from there. It is also my understanding that she came to the SO house hoping they would pay for more plastic surgery. Now how didicated do you think she is to the 5-K with this in mind?

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
If the housemates drop the ball then Rhonda fails. That is all I can see. Christie never should have had this assignment. She is a fragile mess. Christie needs baby steps-maybe she could have planted a symbolic tree. It would have been nice to see the 5k as a whole house project with everyone working together by making use of their natural strengths or by having them use their newly found skills or tools to work together. They all needed to report to someone other than Christie. Jodi couldn't do it , she was working on not taking over. A head boss (life coach) would have been well accepted. Just like in the real work force. Maybe get a decent T- shirt designed. Get Christie some public speeking classes along the way. Teach Christie some type of skill. the end , end of show. In the real workforce if the head boss does something they should not have, then they have dropped the ball. Otherwise known as getting fired. Or cancelled.

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Just in case you did not know- I do not spell well. Sorry.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: If the housemates drop the ball then Christie fails.. WHAT?"
Please. please, please DROP THE BALL!!! That would be the perfect end to this god-awful mess of a television show!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •