The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Antonia's makeover"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-22-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Antonia's makeover"
What did you think of Antonia's makeover? I thought she looked nice when the "final result" was revealed at her graduation. (I also think that was due to Antonia being relatively attractive, rather than anything Andy Paige did to her.)

I'm glad the eyebrow makeover wasn't extreme...I am not a fan of the extremely thin, shaved and "drawn-with-a-pencil-high-above-their-natural-spot" eyebrows featured on so many SO faces.

I'm also glad they apparently skipped the hair makeover...can you imagine them trying to coax Antonia's hair into the layered, "flippy" cut that is THE OFFICIAL SO MAKEOVER hairstyle this season?

I was lukewarm on the clothes. Since Antonia has a decent body, she probably would have basically looked okay in anything, but that purple velvet ruffled jacket kind of reminded me of Prince.

The makeup was okay, but I thought Andy was a little heavy-handed with the cosmetics, as usual. Something about the colors looked a little off for Antonia's skin tone, as well.

UGH. Why were Kelly and Jill at this graduation? Do they even know who the h*ll Antonia is???

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Antonia's makeover cyndin 05-22-06 1
 RE: Antonia's makeover BlueCollar Blonde 05-22-06 2
 RE: Antonia's makeover Floraworld 05-22-06 3
 RE: Antonia's makeover bentherdunthat 05-22-06 4
   RE: Antonia's makeover Juliejo 05-22-06 5
       RE: Antonia's makeover Ujena 05-22-06 6
           RE: Antonia's makeover Zoey 05-22-06 7
               RE: Antonia's makeover chickadee 05-22-06 8
               RE: Antonia's makeover tmj212 05-22-06 10
                   RE: Antonia's makeover Zoey 05-22-06 12
 RE: Antonia's makeover petmama 05-22-06 9
   RE: Antonia's makeover NewFan 05-22-06 11
       RE: Antonia's makeover petmama 05-22-06 13
 RE: Antonia's makeover shawnar 05-22-06 14
   RE: Antonia's makeover EMTBGRL 05-23-06 15
   RE: Antonia's makeover Bellachic 05-23-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cyndin 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-22-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyndin Click to send private message to cyndin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
The make-over was really good, but I agree the outfit was not as dramatic as I expected.
Antonia might not have been in the house real long but she kinda grew on me and I was really glad to see a nice make-over.
The eyebrows were not as thin as I thought they should be but then look and Andy p's hers are way too thick.
Anyhow antonia looked great!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-22-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
I think you are absolutely correct that Antonia's natural attractiveness really helped this makeover be successful. While I thought her eyebrows looked great after the waxing, I'm not real sure why they were so obsessed about her eyebrows. You'd have thought she had a unibrow before the makeover by the way they zoned in on them. Then again, she is an attractive young woman to begin with so perhaps this was all they "pick out and pick apart". Nonetheless, I'm glad they didn't come out pencil thin.

Another thing about the eyebrows was Antonia said she didn't want them done because she wouldn't be able to maintain their upkeep. I thought this was very "adult" on her part because it does cost money for waxing and given her budget, waxing isn't on the "needs" list.

I liked the dress although I was expecting something a bit more glitzy just because of her bubbly and outgoing personality. I was not a fan of the jacket however. I felt that totally detracted from her overall look.

In the end when all was said and done though, she was glowing.

Floraworld 37 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Floraworld Click to send private message to Floraworld Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
I thought she looked nice and also feel it was more due to her attractiveness. I thought they could have done more with her eyebrows without them becoming pencil then arches, they were still Joan Crawfordish. They should have used the plucking method or even threading. Once they went along the natural browline then upkeep is very simple as long as she was shown how. Heck Andy Paige's eyebrows look like Joan Crawford's.

It was too much make-up, she looked more like a hooker and she was shiny. I guess Andy Paige only knows how to do overdone evening make-up, she applies all the eye make-up heavy as her own.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-22-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-06 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

I thought the dress was great, and I liked the jacket too, but not with the dress. Somehow they just didn't come together. WAY too much makeup, and bad colors- IMO. I didn't get what the big deal was about her eyebrows. I didn't think they looked bad before-just needed a trimming really. I had to laugh though, when they went shopping, Antonia looked more polished than Andy did.Anyone would have thought Andy was the one up for a makeover. (Not a bad idea).

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-22-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
IMO I thought the make over was good. Antonia is already very pretty so it was easy to make her look better. The eye brows looked much better. It was extremely unattractive to see unkempt brows with hair everywhere. So the waxing was a big plus for her. I liked her dress but not the jacket and her makeup was good but a little too much. I like Antonia and I will miss her. She had a lot of fire.
PEACE

Ujena 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ujena Click to send private message to Ujena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
I think her eye brows should have been thinner

I didn't like the outfit or the lips. too dark, all of it

She still gets on my nerves...but you gotta love her!!!

BTW, what was Iyanla wearing??? Forgive me but was that attempt to recreat the Lucial Ball skit with the curtains??? ROFL!!! Someone should have told to NOT wear that, was the tassel big enough or what???? lol

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-22-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
I honestly didn't notice her outfit. With what Andy usually does with the clothing, this probably isn't a bad thing.

Her hair looked good, but like it always does when she pulls it back.

The make-up was way too heavy for me.

Now, her eyebrows - Concidering two things, I liked her eyebrows. Firstly, she didn't want to go that drastic. This neatened them up without looking absurd. Secondly, I heard that eyebrows were going to be thicker this season. If they're going by that, than they are on the right track.

Most of all, though, if they just got rid of they stray hairs, Antonia might just keep up with the look. It's the only thing (imo) that looked unkempt (except for her "free" hair).

chickadee 41 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chickadee Click to send private message to chickadee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Antonia's makeover"

Antonia is a pretty girl with a mouth. She is definitely from an Italian heritage, is she black too?

tmj212 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tmj212 Click to send private message to tmj212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
>>Now, her eyebrows - Concidering two things, I liked her eyebrows. Firstly, she didn't want to go that drastic. This neatened them up without looking absurd. Secondly, I heard that eyebrows were going to be thicker this season. If they're going by that, than they are on the right track.>>

You are sooo right. Eyebrow styles are just as trendy as the latest fashions. Remember Brooke Shields? Fuller eyebrows are making a strong come back and are supposed to give a more youthful appearance. Antonia is ahead of the curve and was right not to go for the overly tweesed look if that is her preference.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
Actually, that's what Andy's eyebrows remind me of - Brooke Sheilds.

Saying that, I do think that Antonia's brows needed some grooming but not overgrooming - I very much dislike that over-tweesed and over-penciled look. I think brows should look clean, not like they belong on somebody else.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
At least Andy had something to "work with" this time. With some of this season's other HG's, she was trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
I can't understand Andy's obession with everyone's eyebrows, though. Especially since hers look like wooly worms. I'm glad they just trimmed Antonia's "strays". Once they grow back, she can pluck them herself.
I'm glad Andy didn't take Antonia to "Sluts R Us" for her outfit. The dress was sexy in a classy way. Something she can continue wearing. And, even though the jacket didn't look quite right with the dress, she can incorporate it into the rest of her wardrobe.
I didn't think the makeup was too heavy, considering the formality of the occasion, but I thought the eyeshadow wasn't the right color for Antonia's complexion.
And, I thought Antonia's graduation gift was perfect for her. Since she's been looking for an apaaht-ment. I guess she did, too!

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-22-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
I loved, Loved, LOVED Antonia's dress! Ma Jolie, here I come!

I wonder though what the sleeves of the dress look like under the jacket. I was hoping she would take the jacket off to reveal the complete dress.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
I think it's sleeveless. Or, has spaghetti straps.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-06 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

>What did you think of Antonia's
>makeover? I thought she
>looked nice when the "final
>result" was revealed at her
>graduation. (I also think
>that was due to Antonia
>being relatively attractive, rather than
>anything Andy Paige did to
>her.)
>
>I'm glad the eyebrow makeover wasn't
>extreme...I am not a fan
>of the extremely thin, shaved
>and "drawn-with-a-pencil-high-above-their-natural-spot" eyebrows featured on
>so many SO faces.
>
>I'm also glad they apparently skipped
>the hair makeover...can you imagine
>them trying to coax Antonia's
>hair into the layered, "flippy"
>cut that is THE OFFICIAL
>SO MAKEOVER hairstyle this season?
>
>
>I was lukewarm on the clothes.
> Since Antonia has a
>decent body, she probably would
>have basically looked okay in
>anything, but that purple velvet
>ruffled jacket kind of reminded
>me of Prince.
>
>The makeup was okay, but I
>thought Andy was a little
>heavy-handed with the cosmetics, as
>usual. Something about the
>colors looked a little off
>for Antonia's skin tone, as
>well.
>
>UGH. Why were Kelly and
>Jill at this graduation?
>Do they even know who
>the h*ll Antonia is???
>
>

I liked her makeover but Andy didn't have to much to do with that. It looked to me that Antonia picked the outfit herself. All they did was style her hair thankfully they didn't cut it. Isnt this the first time Andy madeover an African American in the house? That probably why they didn't change her hair and why her makeup looked a little heavy. Maybe she didn't have the right shades for her. I liked her eyebrows and agree with the poster who said that it was mature of Antonia to know that she will not be able to upkeep the look. What they should of done was instead of waxing they should of given her a lesson in plucking.

I agree with you Snow! Why the heck was Kelly there for?!!!!

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
I thought Antonia's make-up was WAY too heavy! Make-up is supposed to accentuate your natural features, not cover them. The colors were wrong, and it was applied too dark. What time was it? 11 p.m.? Where did they think Antonia was going? Hooking on 42nd St? It's not as if that podium is at the front of a 3,000 seat lecture hall! (where you need to apply enough to be seen from the opera seats) they're right in front of Antonia. I felt embarrassed for her when they went back to "Antonia before" and "Antonia at her graduation." imho? Antonia looked JUST FINE "before" her make-up spray paint job.

The dress was OK. I don't have an opinion either way.

The "needing to do the eyebrows." OK. Why? There was nothing wrong with Antonia's eyebrows BEFORE the makeover. Besides, I read up on it. (don't ask me why, I'm a reading up on it fiend.) BUT, it costs about $5 a week to upkeep an eyebrow job. (Ladies, is this true?) So if it IS true, WHY in G-d's name do they give a makeover that costs money to upkeep on the hg that has DEBT problems?? One more thing for Antonia to pay for out of the $3,000 they gave her for rent and furniture.

She can save it for "eyebrow upkeep" for the rest of her life.

I would have preferred Antonia just showing up as herself without being "Paiged."

Bellachic 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-23-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bellachic Click to send private message to Bellachic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Antonia's makeover"
I liked her look. I don't necessarily think that these makeovers are suppose to be everyday looks - especially the makeup. The SO graduations are set up as formal events where they try to go that extra mile to look good (sometime they're successful, sometimes they're not). Though the makeup was heavy handed, I think if she would have used some blotting papers, it would have looked decent. The shiny skin and shiny lips combination was just too much.

Though I personally don't like the poofy jackets that were so popular last year, mainly because I know they don't work with my broad shoulders, it actually looked good on Antonio. Didn't work on any of the others Andy's tried it with this season, but worked on Antonia.

The eyebrows definitely needed help, they were just too harsh. I agree, a lesson in plucking and grooming the longer hair was all she needed. She can afford the cost of tweezers and scissors.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •