The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christie's 5K Assignment"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Omniscia 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-03-06, 04:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Omniscia Click to send private message to Omniscia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christie's 5K Assignment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-06 AT 04:22 AM (EST)

Ok, the whole 5K run needs its own thread, IMO.

Did anyone else think it was at all ODD for Christie to hug a man she just had a brief business meeting with? I know I have touchy-feely repulsion issues to deal with, but that struck me as entirely inappropriate. Jodi must be rubbing off on her... in more ways than one.

Also--- in regards to the 5K-- someone had posted the message from Rhonda's "Fearless Living" institute, calling people to come help support Christie and Starting Over. Wasn't the date for that like Feb. or March? But from what people are saying in the house, it sounds like its November or Dec? (IE, Bethany having lost her child "5" months ago, and the death occurred in June. And Sommer having been kicked out of SO2 house almost exactly a year ago, which was fall of '04.) Any clarification?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment JustBNMe 05-03-06 1
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Incognito 05-03-06 2
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment maybaybee 05-18-06 56
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment pmfmpls 05-03-06 3
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Juliejo 05-03-06 4
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment dasboot 05-03-06 5
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment kristin830 05-03-06 6
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Omniscia 05-03-06 7
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Incognito 05-03-06 8
           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment sharnina 05-04-06 12
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment EMTBGRL 05-15-06 17
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment runner 05-03-06 9
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Omniscia 05-04-06 10
           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment justsaynototoughlove 05-04-06 11
               RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Juliejo 05-04-06 13
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment maryellennaco 05-04-06 14
               RE: Christie's 5K Assignment snowflake2 05-15-06 16
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Redbud 05-05-06 15
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Labyrinth 05-16-06 18
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment 26mitogo 05-16-06 19
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment snowflake2 05-16-06 20
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment tmj212 05-16-06 21
           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Seabisquit 05-16-06 22
               Actually... sharnina 05-16-06 24
               RE: Christie's 5K Assignment tvfun 05-16-06 25
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment fairgame 05-16-06 26
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment elfwoman 05-16-06 27
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment annie828 05-16-06 28
                       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment sharnina 05-16-06 29
                           RE: Christie's butt snowflake2 05-16-06 31
                           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment tvfun 05-16-06 32
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment GoodnightLittleBear 05-16-06 23
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Labyrinth 05-16-06 30
           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment tac_2 05-16-06 33
               RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Labyrinth 05-16-06 34
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment snowflake2 05-16-06 36
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment tac_2 05-16-06 37
           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Shazbot 05-16-06 35
               RE: Christie's 5K Assignment sharnina 05-17-06 38
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Shazbot 05-17-06 39
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Labyrinth 05-17-06 40
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment BlueCollar Blonde 05-17-06 41
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment BimBo 05-17-06 42
   Please Do Not mysticwolf 05-17-06 43
       RE: Christie's 5K Race Shazbot 05-17-06 44
       RE: Please Do Not BlueCollar Blonde 05-17-06 45
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment snowflake2 05-17-06 46
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment BimBo 05-18-06 47
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Labyrinth 05-18-06 48
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment kristin830 05-18-06 49
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment 26mitogo 05-18-06 50
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Labyrinth 05-18-06 51
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment BlueCollar Blonde 05-18-06 52
           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment watches too much 05-18-06 55
           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment beckettrep 05-19-06 63
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment eire_heart74 05-18-06 53
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment sm2 05-18-06 54
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment snowflake2 05-19-06 58
 RE: Christie's 5K Assignment maryellennaco 05-18-06 57
   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Shazbot 05-19-06 59
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Twinkles 05-19-06 60
       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment SecretNag 05-19-06 61
           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment annie828 05-19-06 62
               RE: Christie's 5K Assignment mymomsanag 05-19-06 64
                   RE: Christie's 5K Assignment maryellennaco 05-19-06 65
                       RE: Christie's 5K Assignment Shazbot 05-20-06 66
                           RE: Christie's 5K Assignment AmazonBlue 05-20-06 67

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-03-06, 05:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Rhonda and Andy Paige ran the LA Marathon around March 19th and the 5K was in Dec or Jan from what I remember seeing on the news clips from an LA tv station website feed. Either way I think it is an odd assignment for a woman who really doesn't work out much-I mean she has to organize this event and train for somehting she has never done. I also find it odd that the woman gets winded walking around and hardly exercises and yet she is to run 5K after a few brief weeks of training.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-03-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
The Starting Over 5k was held at Balboa Park at 10am on Monday, Janurary 9, 2006. The wrap party for the season/series was Wednesday, January 11, 2006. That was held at the house which, at that time, was being restored to pre-Starting Over specs.
Incognito

maybaybee 167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maybaybee Click to send private message to maybaybee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
I'm getting a bit tired of Christie's attitude re: this race. She keeps saying "I don't have a college degree." Since when do you have to go to college to organize? It seems to be an excuse an she is using to set herself up for failure. She has this passivegressive thing where she doesn't come out and ask for help but puts the "eyes" on people and they cave in and offer to help. the life coaches should work with her on being forthright and asking for what she wants.

www.chocolatesleuth.com---mystery reviews

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Regarding the hug-
You never know how much time she had with the guy, or what they might have talked about. The show is edited in a crafty way. I'm sure much of that guy ended up on the cutting-room floor. After all, he probably isn't from IV's (cult- oops, I mean) "church."

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-03-06, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
I am not a touchy feely person and all of the hugging of strangers gets me and this did too. Chrisite didnt know this guy from Adam.

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Yesterday's show was a very touchy feely one. Iyanla was holding her two substitute daughters Namibia and BratGirl Antonia, Jodie 'Miss I want to go home so badly and live my life but I'm still floating around the SO House being everyone's life coach' was rubbing on Antonia as she was lying around in her absent daddy funk. Christie is crying again about abandoning her little brother's. Namibia whose new hairdo makes her look Whitney Houstonish was 'caressing' that dummy with her bat, hitting it so hard she hurt her arm. Oh brother....

And then there was Iguana telling Namibia to tell everyone including the Universe that she is not going to beat herself up anymore. Well, yesterday I was shouting to the Universe and it put me on hold because it said it was swamped with numerous silly requests from some woman named Iyanla, who is apparently shouting to the Universe night and day...for even the littlest of things. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to make a request. Whoa, Iyanla give the Universe a break and a rest...you're not the only one on the planet. The Universe said it's tired. And not to shout unless you are really, really, really, really in need cuz your asking for a date with Denzel Washington --or a window seat instead of an aisle seat--or smooth instead of crunchy peanut butter--is getting old.

Well, the 5k Shuffle apparently has alway been run. Guess, I'll have to sign up for next years. Guess it was good that Christie was working on something to help herself rather than caretaking for her mother. SO has really helped her. Now if they could just get rid of that frog in her throat..that would be great too!

Peace!

kristin830 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-03-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kristin830 Click to send private message to kristin830 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Could someone please explain to Christie that a marathon is 26 miles long. She is calling her race a 5k marathon! I also get aggrivated with her and this race idea because she wants to do this to raise money for mentoring and for the purpose of helping kids like her brother Cole, well she doesn't even really want to get involved in raising much less mentoring her brother. Can't she remember that her neighbors took her in when her mother abandoned her as a child? You would think that would spark a lightbulb into her head that maybe she should give back to the Universe (as Iyanla would say). Kharma has a way of popping into your life. This race seems like a sham to me. Just another way to stretch out the season. They can't graduate too many graduates and wrap up the season.

05-03-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Omniscia Click to send private message to Omniscia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Regarding Christie's hug-- I was even telling myself that the meeting was probably very long and edited down to 45 seconds. But I don't care if Christie sobbed out her life story to the dude (which also would have been grossly inappropriate) but YOU DO NOT HUG after first time business meetings!!! These ladies, particularly Jodi and Christie are Looney Toons. In fact, I think I'll hum the theme whenever I see them on TV.

And thanks to all who gave me the real time/house time info. on the 5K race. Anyone know what they do about Christmas? Are they stuck in the house with each other or do the inmates get to go home and they just never mention it?

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Omniscia writes:

>Anyone know what they
>do about Christmas? Are
>they stuck in the house
>with each other or do
>the inmates get to go
>home and they just never
>mention it?

Yes, over Christmas production shut down.
Incognito

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-06, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Hmmm.... now I'm wondering why you are incognito????

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-15-06, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
These ladies,
>particularly Jodi and Christie are
>Looney Toons. In fact,
>I think I'll hum the
>theme whenever I see them
>on TV.
>
>Oooo!! Can I join you?? Which one do you want to hum?? The theme song from "Animaniacs," or maybe the song that plays when Bugs and Daffy Duck make their appearance to introduce the rest of the Looney Tunes??

Yeppers. They're nuttier than Mr. Peanut and less talented!

runner 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-03-06, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail runner Click to send private message to runner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
thank you! it's driving me nuts that she is calling a 5k a marathon! also that rhonda said a 5k was 3.2 miles, when it's 3.1!

05-04-06, 02:23 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
A walk down the driveway is a marathon for Christie. She is like a slug.

justsaynototoughlove 103 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justsaynototoughlove Click to send private message to justsaynototoughlove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Christie was supposed to be in charge of the race. She decides to make it all about her brother. So Rhonda, instead of leaving it in Christies hands, makes sure Christie knows she wants it to be all about SO, again, and even sends her to an expert to make sure she gets help on staying with Rhonda's theme/ideas.

Ideas of the Rhonda's parents:

It should be called Run for your life, Iyanla and Rhonda are after you, with the kool aid in preloaded injections!

Run into yourself and away from SO. Detox.
Winner gets treatment centers for viewers and people exploited by SO and it's dysfunctional coaches.

Run against tough love. It is not strong and the ultimate oxymoron.

Run naked and dancing into the universe. Over the line: running into Jodi and the mirror.

Run, from your SO set, if you don't want to see Jodi teach Ant how to ravish herself. Over the line. Disqualified.

Loose your life, run into Whoopee Goldberg from Ghost at the finish line. Winner never has to hear about Rhonda's parents again.

Run for rage ridden savior Rhonda. Winner gets to see Mother Earth smother her in her preacher bosom.
Run if Jodi gives you PTSD.
Run if SO gives you PTSD.
Run for life, if you bought a quick fix soap opera called SO.
Run if hypocrisy runs the sacred SO.

Run like maniacs outside the line if your name is Rhonda B or Rhonda H. Hurt whomever you have to, run without shame, rules, or wisdom to believe that you are saving the world with delusions, rage, ineptness and snippets of compassion, and help from Katz, who is not saint himself.

Run if you've seen enough idiot metaphors to have your face stuck in a curious look.

Run for justice: Winner gets to see Iyanla and Rhonda in a cage being berated with lower teeth baring bully wardens, modeled after the lc's themselves, for 10 yrs.

Chrisite is too insecure to take care of Shane and knows it. At least she isn't being unrealistic about it.It has to cuz the self addicted "pretty girl" pain. Rhonda is unrealisit, abusive, in demanding she decide something before leaving the house.

I hug. I thot Christie's hug was inappropriate.

Iyanla seems to think the house is the Universe,as that is where Niambi was to tell her convictions too. Iyanla is merely mother earth, who wishes she could abort Rhonda. Rhonda thinks she saves the world and fantizes can rid it of Iyanla, as she changes lives. In fact she thinks she is the only one on tv doing it. People are born fearless, not abusive.
Run if SO changes lives: But only if they can change on their onw. eyes in skull.
Run is SO changes lives. It led me to posting in protest, when I"d never bothered before.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
I just wish Christie would take Toadie by the hand they would
"run all the way home".
They are both strange and BORING.
So Boring that I actually fell asleep yesterday and missed the entire thing even Summer Dity Dancing.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Juliejo, I'm totally in agreement with you. That knocked me out completely. I've never slept better. And I woke up like TWO HOURS later. Maybe they missed the show's calling: Instead of shouting to the universe, they're giving help to the sleep-deprived people of the universe!! JMHO

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-15-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
LOL, justsaynototoughlove!

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Christie's 5K assignment is a lot like Lisa's jewlery assignment. Lisa never expressed an interest in jewelry and BAM, they had her making and selling jewelry. Christie hasn't expressed a desire to be an event coordinator yet they throw a 5K run at her. Talk about setting someone up for failure. Honestly, in all fairness to Christie what the heck does she know about coordinating a 5K?? And if she gets a lot help from outsiders, then SHE didn't really do it herself did she.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
You know what I find odd? The fact that Christie is being sent all over town to talk to merchants and business people that SO has arranged and then she is in *doubt* they won't give their services for free?

Hellllloooooo??? Let me spell it out for you Christie... this show is scripted. All the business owners know why you are there and they have already agreed to donate in order to have their 5 seconds of fame on a television show.

Helllllooooooo? SO producers... guess what none of us are that stupid to buy this claptrap.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Labyrinth BINGO! My thoughts exactly.

Sadly, I do think Christie is just dumb enough to think she is actually having to coordinate the 5k when in actuality it was planned, decided, finalized, & scripted by SO before she began. She has quickly become the most difficult HM to tolerate!

05-16-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Lab wrote: <<You know what I find odd? The fact that Christie is being sent all over town to talk to merchants and business people that SO has arranged and then she is in *doubt* they won't give their services for free?
Hellllloooooo??? Let me spell it out for you Christie... this show is scripted. All the business owners know why you are there and they have already agreed to donate in order to have their 5 seconds of fame on a television show.

Helllllooooooo? SO producers... guess what none of us are that stupid to buy this claptrap.>>
-------------------------------------------------------
Yes, and to top it off, we have to keep hearing about how "stressed" Christie is due to all the intensive planning she has to do for the 5K...while all she does is shlep around the house in her sweats, making her patented granny faces.

BTW, I notice that her "training" basically consists of horning in on Jodi's "Curves" workout...what happened to Lanre? Wasn't he supposed to be her trainer for the 5K? Did she decide she looked waaaay too flabby running next to him, or did she decide that he was an "angry black man" who felt oppressed by her, the "typical white woman", like the judgement she made of Niambi??

tmj212 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-16-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tmj212 Click to send private message to tmj212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
or did she decide that he was an "angry black man" who felt oppressed by her, the "typical white woman", like the judgement she made of Niambi??
-------------------------------------------------------------
LOL, Snowflake. Maybe she thinks he got word of her comments and now can't bear to see him face to face.

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
I know Christie's 5K is already over in real time...but I can't wait to see how this gets edited for the viewing audience. There is no way in H#LL Christie is capable of completing the race. I doubt she could run 1 mile...let alone a 5K. Give me a break Christie, and give yourself one as well...TAKE YOUR FAT A$S BACK TO THE STREETS OF LONG BEACH..AND DISAPPEAR FOR GOOD. You are the worst and most embarassing guest SO has ever had to date, bar none, by far.

05-16-06, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Actually..."
She has run a mile before with Lanre - granted it was a slow jog but a mile nonetheless (I LOVE that word). And I am assuming that just because we haven't seen her working with *swoon* Lanre again doesn't mean she isn't.

And she was able to do that mile after only a few workouts with him so I'm pretty sure she will be able to do it.

tvfun 80 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvfun Click to send private message to tvfun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 07:44 PM (EST)

Well, I don't think she can get very far with this fat A$$ trailing behind LOL... what's that song they wrote about Christie.... . .
I like big butts..........??

fairgame 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fairgame Click to send private message to fairgame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
WHOA!!!!! ROFLMAO! She does have a huge butt. I knew she had a fat @ss, but whoaaaaaaaaa that is some serious @ss. Good lord!

Happy 5K racing Christie. HaHa!

elfwoman 10 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elfwoman Click to send private message to elfwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
That's one big a$$!!! (giggle, snort)!

annie828 0 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annie828 Click to send private message to annie828 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
OMG, NO WAAAAAAAAAY! I don't recall her A$$ being that big. Don't get me wrong, because I do believe she has a huge A$$. Is it just me or has that photo been doctored up? Something doesn't look right with that picture.

That is FUNNY! LOL!

05-16-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
You do realize that the very talented TVfun photoshopped that right?

05-16-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Christie's butt"
LOL! That pic looks familiar. I posted the original, undoctored one, so let's see them together:

My verdict? tvfun might have exaggerated the @ss, but not by much. Christie's "real" butt is plenty large, considering that she thinks it fits "model" standards.

Great job, tvfun!!

tvfun 80 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvfun Click to send private message to tvfun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
HAHAHA I couldn't resist.

Because that is what Christie @ss WILL look like if she keeps eating all that fried. Watch it Christie...because that IS your future @SS! Maybe you can auction that off on ebay.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 06:03 PM (EST)

Lab, they probably had it written in the script that she was do plenty of handwringing over this, for drama and suspense.

I don't know about earlier in the season but I believe that at least starting back as far as Kim coming to the house, the whole show has been scripted and contrived. Probably because they have been unable to find anyone of real interest and they are low on funding.

05-16-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
>I don't know about earlier in
>the season but I believe
>that at least starting back
>as far as Kim coming
>to the house, the whole
>show has been scripted and
>contrived. Probably because they
>have been unable to find
>anyone of real interest and
>they are low on funding.

I think it has been scripted and contrived from the beginning of this season. Several reasons -

1.) the producers knew early on that the show was in danger of not being picked up again for another season - sorry but they know this very early on and I won't go into what has been discussed on other threads...

2.) We know they have two soap opera writers in charge of the show at this time.

I think my daughter could write a better 'script' for "daytime reality has never been so real" drama in her 2nd grade class. The same daughter, who at home sick one afternoon and caught my SO show, said cynically, "does this show really help anyone?"

Back to Christie. The entire 5K is being run by Rhonda and her personal secretary. They just need Christie to walk on set, stand by her mark, repeat her scripted lines and wring her hands. Christie - who had a pre-existing relationship with Rhonda, was featured in Rhonda's new book, AND who is doing the talk circuit with Rhonda - is a Set-Up.

Gag I'm beginning to really hate this show. I'm glad we have less then 10 days of this drivel.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-16-06, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn Rhonda has personally financed part of this 5K event and done the major work to get sponsors. We already know she's convinced two graduated houseguests to remain in the house to 'support Christie'. Translated, that means support Rhonda and HER event. (have to laugh - I was wondering what she'd do if they refused, put them in cages or straight jackets, lock them up? lol)

Lab wrote:

"The entire 5K is being run by Rhonda and her personal secretary. They just need Christie to walk on set, stand by her mark, repeat her scripted lines and wring her hands. Christie - who had a pre-existing relationship with Rhonda, was featured in Rhonda's new book, AND who is doing the talk circuit with Rhonda - is a Set-Up."

This entire sham is about and for Rhonda.
(and I honestly don't think she gives a hoot about Christie as evidenced by what Christie is presently involved with - candles.)

Drivel, indeed. But I think they all kind of deserve each other so I'm trying to see the humor.

I also believe a lot of weird stuff going on between Jodi and Christie is being ignored because the Main Event of this season, Rhonda's 5k, supersedes anything else in the house.

05-16-06, 11:08 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Oh I don't blame Rhonda for this travesty 100 percent. The 5K is obviously going to be the Wrap Party for this season and hence why Jodie and Sommer have been asked to "stay on." Then we will have all the season HG's - Jill and Jessica (minus Christina the Ho that tricked the Show, TJ who knows better then to come back, and Kim who was happy to escape).

Yep, let's "do it for charity" so it makes it look like SO really 'helps people.' I bet it just made them sooooo sad they couldn't drag a Katrina victim on the show after Jessica's 9-11 tearjerking story.

Oh my starting to feel some gagging and the need to retch coming on fast.

05-16-06, 11:26 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Also, notice how Rhonda kept saying that she wants this to be the FIRST Annual SO 5k? If the plans were to make this a yearly event, I bet Christie thought she was set like Andy Paige...they'd keep having her back year after year to be the "official" 5K event planner.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Good points. Yes, they screwed up on not capturing a Katrina victim. Not that they probably didn't try.

However, after Bethany2, I think they already topped themselves ...no, make that, degraded the original concept to such a depth it's now unrecognizable as anything remotely related to helping any rational women.

Well anyhow...it's all going to be over soon and I'm not in the the apparently thousands of viewers that wish to see this show return.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

Yeah - I really feel that Rhonda is using Christie and that this has become a PR stunt for Ms. Britten. And if I'd have known I was going to be watching a version of an infomercial, I would've passed entirely, and that bugs me. This is abuse of television, and abuse of the viewers... and abuse of Christie.

I criticized Christie in another thread as being uncompassionate, because I think she is. This girl has not dealt at all with her personal issues. Christie, for whatever reason, is looking for shortcuts. She is struggling so much with the work ethic, yet somehow she's representing the 5k.

It reminds me of a yoga instructor I had several years ago, who was all holier than thou and all about health.... except for the cigarettes she smoked.

Edited for spelling

05-17-06, 01:06 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
The only problem with considering the run an infomercial directed at us the viewers is that it has already taken place. It had already taken place before we ever even heard of it. We can't contribute financially, we can't tell our friends about it and we can't personally participate.

The only benefit I see to anyone is possibly Rhonda as it puts her name out there and she can use the event for discussion in her workshops. And this isn't any worse than the shameless promotion of Iyanla's church a few short months ago.

Christie seems to be being blamed for something she has not done. She was given an assignment and no matter how much prep work was done for her and no matter how much help she is getting, she is working hard to try to make it happen. And what is wrong with getting help for a worthy cause. Because it is a worthy cause no matter how many ways it's spun.

Obviously, I like Christie and it doesn't bother me that she knew Rhonda before she came to the house. She was probably a client and not a friend so what is the difference if Rhonda invited her on or if she auditioned? She has problems that need to be worked on and I think she has worked on them.

05-17-06, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 07:56 AM (EST)

Hi Sharnina. I'm not trying to attack anyone's opinions here but this issue really bugs me. You're right, the race is long over, but I'm seeing Rhonda Britten as a shameless self promoter who is likely looking for a futher launching pad for herself should SO not be renewed, a fact the whole staff may have realized following the death of the show's creator before the season began (or early in the season).

Launching pads are fine, worthy causes are fine, but not under the guise of a show that pretends it isn't doing that. That motivation has compromised the show, and it's unfair to the viewer. The show makes a mockery of the very issues it says it's representing, and that does a diservice to everyone.

Critical comments about Christie aside, I myself am not blaming Christie, because I do think she is being used. Rhonda sees a nice quality in her and feels it will work with other people in promoting a worthy cause, but I'm sure Christie will eventually be abandoned. I bet Rhonda is hoping something will ignite for Christie, but there is no guarantee, since Christie's issues are not being dealt with.

I actually do have COMPASSION (that word) for Christie. I did like her, until the last few weeks. Now she is just coming off as unworthy of the 5k task before her, and I think that too is unfair to her.

05-17-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
>The only problem with considering the
>run an infomercial directed at
>us the viewers is that
>it has already taken place.
>It had already taken place
>before we ever even heard
>of it. We can't contribute
>financially, we can't tell our
>friends about it and we
>can't personally participate.

Don't know about you but I was NEVER planning on traveling to LA to participate. If I was going to spend the money on going to travel to California it would be for a vacation and not to watch a Bogus Charity Race.

However... the reason for it is that it is PUBLICITY. Yes, it's already taken place but having the donators featured on television ups their business potential. People call and say, "I saw you on so-and-so TV show and would like to place an order for printing t-shirts for my business because of your support."

THAT is how publicity works. It doesn't matter that it happened months ago, what it is about is the "build up" and getting the name out there in tv-land. All those little coffee shops, restaurants and crap featured ad nauseum on SO are doing it for the publicity and if there wasn't a financial payoff for them to participate trust me they would not be donating.

It may be California but even they aren't that goody twoshoe.

>Christie seems to be being blamed
>for something she has not
>done. She was given an
>assignment and no matter how
>much prep work was done
>for her and no matter
>how much help she is
>getting, she is working hard
>to try to make it
>happen. And what is wrong
>with getting help for a
>worthy cause. Because it is
>a worthy cause no matter
>how many ways it's spun.

I don't know how much the actual money raised (and how much was raised??) went to charity. I prefer to donate to organizations where I specifically know where the money is going.

Blaming Christie? I don't blame her but I do label her as an attention seeking publicity whore and there is plenty of evidence to back up that claim - her modeling website, selling her signature candles on ebay, already signing up for a future project (see spoiler for details)... yes we know why Christie is on television and she isn't about body issues or be scared to work the crowd.

Why is Christie's pre-exising relationship not revealed on SO? Because it would spoil the excitement of IF she will graduate. Why aren't we told that Christie is in Rhonda's book - a book written BEFORE this season - because it would ruin the excitement and show quite clearly this show is STAGED.

It's about SO being the fake piece of crap that it has become - and maybe always was.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
You know, this race was Christie's assignment from the word go and now it has become the responsibility of the whole house. If it was supposed to be a group project then why not present it that way from the get go as something all the women would work on together as a team, aside from their individual assignments? Now if the other ladies don't help they are chastised and raked over the coals? I'm sorry, but this is just plain wrong.

Now if you really want to get peeved read this. I just finished watching today's show (it comes on the first time at 9am EST here) and as if I wasn't annoyed enough by the end, the previews for tomorrow came on which show Christie being totally overwhelmed, an unhappy Rhonda reviewing some race materials, and then Rhonda telling all the rest of the house that basically the 5K and Christie's success are their responsibility and if the 5K and Christie are not a "success", they've ALL failed.

Unbelievable!!!

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Oh Yeah.... I was peeved when I saw that too. However, it only confirms what most of us have thought from the beginning......
It's not christy's race, it's all about Rhonda. I wish they'd all stop referring to it as Christy's 5k. This is Rhonda's 5k.
I have to agree with what another poster said;...Would Rhonda have locked these ladies in a cage if they had opted to go home after graduating????? I think so. After all, if this thing succeeds and takes off in any way, who benefits??? We already know how Christy is making a living nowadays. I'm sure she's not getting rich off her cheesy dollar store candles, nor will she ever!!! I almost feel sorry for her. (Almost)

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Please Do Not"
discuss previews in the show forums. Discussion of anything that has not yet happened in the house belongs in Spoilers, only.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

05-17-06, 08:34 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Christie's 5K Race"
I also wouldn't have travelled to LA to participate in anything about SO.

And I think also that the publicity is outside of the realm of the show... another reason why the 5k has no place BECOMING the show. It has to be all about Rhonda Britten having gotten her name out there with the race under the banner of SO... so that she can use it for her future ambitions. This never was about the viewer in any way, shape or form.

Raising money and running a 5k "for those who can't" is a worthy cause, as are the issues that come up in the SO house. When the issues and the race become about the promotion of one person, then it's questionable... and it's not about the issues or the race anymore, much like we've already seen on this season of SO.

The reason Christie isn't an inspiration, like someone could be, is because of all the fakery behind it. It's already failing. The only one who might succeed is Rhonda.

05-17-06, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Please Do Not"
>discuss previews in the show forums.
>Discussion of anything that has
>not yet happened in the
>house belongs in Spoilers, only.
>
>
>
>Puppy Lvoe from Tribe
> blogging's scary>size="1"]

Sorry. I didn't know that the preview which was part of today's show was considered a "spoiler".

05-17-06, 11:54 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"

Sharnina wrote: <<The only problem with considering the run an infomercial directed at us the viewers is that it has already taken place. It had already taken place before we ever even heard of it. We can't contribute financially, we can't tell our friends about it and we can't personally participate.>>
------------------------------------------------------
Well, it's true that no one can participate, etc. now that it is over, but Rhonda did publicize this 5K before it occurred. There was even an open call for SO viewers to come and be part of the taping of this episode. So at that time, anyone who chose to answer the open call could contribute, participate, and pass the message on to as many friends as they wished.
Lab wrote: <<I don't know how much the actual money raised (and how much was raised??) went to charity. I prefer to donate to organizations where I specifically know where the money is going.
Blaming Christie? I don't blame her but I do label her as an attention seeking publicity whore and there is plenty of evidence to back up that claim - her modeling website, selling her signature candles on ebay, already signing up for a future project (see spoiler for details)... yes we know why Christie is on television and she isn't about body issues or be scared to work the crowd.
Why is Christie's pre-exising relationship not revealed on SO? Because it would spoil the excitement of IF she will graduate. Why aren't we told that Christie is in Rhonda's book - a book written BEFORE this season - because it would ruin the excitement and show quite clearly this show is STAGED.>>
I agree. And you know what? I'm sure the exact details of how (and how much) money was raised, and how it was allocated will be presented in a "fuzzy" and/or misleading way...much the same way the show was edited to leave the impression that Allison didn't actually declare bankruptcy (although we know from the public records posted on the boards that she did)...much the same way Allison's paid tuition to USMC was kept hush-hush on the show, and wasn't presented as a graduation gift...much the same way we were never told exactly how many people came to Antonia's poetry slam, and how much they were charged (all we were told was the dollar amount Antonia made) or if ANY of those in attendance weren't plants.
Lab also wrote: <<Back to Christie. The entire 5K is being run by Rhonda and her personal secretary. They just need Christie to walk on set, stand by her mark, repeat her scripted lines and wring her hands. Christie - who had a pre-existing relationship with Rhonda, was featured in Rhonda's new book, AND who is doing the talk circuit with Rhonda - is a Set-Up.>>

BlueCollarBlonde wrote: <<You know, this race was Christie's assignment from the word go and now it has become the responsibility of the whole house. If it was supposed to be a group project then why not present it that way from the get go as something all the women would work on together as a team, aside from their individual assignments? Now if the other ladies don't help they are chastised and raked over the coals? I'm sorry, but this is just plain wrong.>>
-------------------------------------------------------
Yep, all Christie had to do was walk on and go through the motions of getting all these things done...things that were all pre-arranged anyway. And geez, she couldn't even do that!! How fr!ggin' hard is it to ask some guy to donate T-shirts for free when the whole reason he is on the show is to give you free T-shirts in return for TV exposure????? How difficult is it to make a phone call to MAC to ask them to donate cosmetic items for gift bags when the phone call is just a formality...just something to be played out for the cameras??

But Christie is like, "DUUUUHHH, Jodi, what do I say? DUUUUUH, Jodi, can you make the phone call for me? DUUUUUUHHHH, Jodi, what's a banner?" Seriously, what a dumb-@ss! And this is the one who complained Jodi "takes over" everything. Hellooooo! Christie better hope she always has a "Jodi" around, because she herself is lazy and totally ineffectual. Then after Jodi does everything for her, Christie's a smart-@ss to Niambi, acting as though she doesn't need Niambi's help because she's got it all under control...all Niambi has to do is show up and run.

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
we've seen a plethora of terms here to describe Christy's big dumb a$$, but SF, all the DUUUUHHHHHH'S in your post has been the best reference I've seen to date. OMG that made me laugh because it's SUCH an easy visual, and sooooo true!!! I think you would have been justified throwing a few dozen more in there!!! LOL!!! Christy, you big DUMBA$$, can't you do anything on your own?????? I'm waiting to see if she can finish the race on her own. Maybe she can strap a saddle to toadie's back so she can cross the finish line in one giant leap!!

P.S.-There's one for those of you who can do magic with graphics. (C'mon, you know who you are.)

05-18-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
And this is
>the one who complained Jodi
>"takes over" everything. Hellooooo!
>Christie better hope she always
>has a "Jodi" around, because
>she herself is lazy and
>totally ineffectual.

ROFLMAO!!

Jodi has received a lot of flak and you know why? because she is confident and competent.

Christie couldn't find the doorknob out of a room.

kristin830 23 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kristin830 Click to send private message to kristin830 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Okay, Now I am really getting frustrated with Christie and this race. Enough all ready! How incompetent is she? She can't figure out a race day schedule and a task sheet??? She is completely clueless. A college education isn't going to teach her common sense. Another crutch to pull out of her bag of woe. I can't believe how much this project has shifted from Christie's assignment to the house assignment. Christie is going to reap all of the rewards from everyone else's work. What is she really learning here? There is a difference between delegating and pawning off. This is a train wreck!

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
And then, sadly, when Christie basks in the glory of HER successfully planned, organized, & completed race, then is further rewarded with the graduation statue PROVING she successfully completed all tasks on her own, including the race, she will march out into the world and fall flat on her face @ss! She's just dumb enough to think she actually organized the entire event, managed & motivated all HMs as her "employees", and secured donations of t-shirts, etc. with her smooth talking sales pitch, all while becoming a track star. So what happens when she actually has to complete a task on her own that hasn't been completely pre-arranged and pre-negotiated by actual sales & event professionals? If I thought SO personnel made sure the HGs realized they were just playing a role and not actually negotiating & accomplishing these feats on their own, it would be just a big laugh. However, somehow these same HGs seem to think they have become stars by appearing and whoring themselves on this pseudo reality show so somehow I fear they have also been left to believe they accomplished these tasks on their own. In actuality, what does this false sense of accomplishment do to addicts like Christie (& Cassie) when they are out in the REAL world and have to actually do the work? What happens when Christie wakes up one day and realizes she really isn't famous, isn't a celebrity, isn't able to do any more than she was the day she left her last rehab facility ... when SO is long gone, Cruella De Vil Rhonda has sold her last body image book & dropped Christie like a hot potatoe ... and Jill, on Medicaid, is in the county hospital having emergency surgery, having lost the radio job when her health prevented her from working; Cassie's son had to get a restraining order against her in order to somehow repair his relationship with his mother; Sommer is searching for a place on her 15th reality show, still hoping for stardom; Kelly is up on charges for beating a customer for not tipping; Rhonda's eyebrows have become one with her hairline; Iyanla & the Universe are now an item; and at the mention of "Starting Over" everyone says "What's that?!" Seriously, where does this leave someone like Christie after her meager income is gone, there are no more reality show offers, candles sit on eBay unsold, and she has yet to learn how to live without the cameras rolling? Back to the bottle & pills? I hope not. I don't like Christie (or most of the other HGs this season for that matter) but I don't wish them harm. I'm hoping they really did learn something somewhere along the line in spite of SO so I can continue to laugh about their ridiculous antics and fake personas.

05-18-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
> She's just dumb enough
>to think she actually organized
>the entire event, managed &
>motivated all HMs as her
>"employees", and secured donations of
>t-shirts, etc. with her smooth
>talking sales pitch, all while
>becoming a track star.
>So what happens when she
>actually has to complete a
>task on her own that
>hasn't been completely pre-arranged and
>pre-negotiated by actual sales &
>event professionals?

Comeon!! That sounds like a perfect resume for someone applying for The Apprentice! I'm sure Christie can continue her Reality Career with the stellar non-work on the 5K!

05-18-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Well, although I knew it was coming based on yesterday's previews I just wanted to jump through the TV and do some slapping around today after the entire house was put on notice that if one of them drops the ball, "Christie's 5K" will be a failure. So now the other women have to run around like chickens with their heads cut off to complete the very lengthy task lisk that Christie couldn't even complete on her own. Frankly, if I were one of the other HGs I'd be asking the LCs why the ball is being dropped on them with only 3 days to go to boot? Then I'd be turning to Christie and telling her just how thankful and "blessed" I was to be roped into this project because she's totally incapable of doing even the simplest thing on her own like a race day schedule. I mean come on now. This is not rocket science for god sake!

You know initially I was wondering why they kept Jodi around and made her a mentor given her control issues. I guess my blondeness got the best of me on this one as it does from time to time, but now it all makes sense. Without Jodi, Christie would have nothing done with 3 days to go.

Christie has not been gracious or thankful for the help she's received thus far from the HGs; rather she expects and demands their help yet gives nothing in return. No wonder Niambi doesn't want to deal with Christie let alone help or particpate in the race. Can't say that I blame her.

Call me psychic but I'm guessing Christie will be met with some kind of "Congratulations! You're Graduating" sign as she schleps over the finish line. Guess I'll hold off on lunch before the show that day just to save myself from heaving.

watches too much 32 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watches%20too%20much Click to send private message to watches%20too%20much Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

>...Frankly,
>if I were one of
>the other HGs I'd be
>asking the LCs why the
>ball is being dropped on
>them with only 3 days
>to go to boot?...

Now what happens if Jodi or Sommer drop that ball and "life as we know it ends"?(Rhonda will see to that)
Will Jodi's swinging singles trip called off and what about Sommer's shopping with Andy extravaganza?
Will the remaining non graduates be forced to scrub Rhonda's bathroom with their toothbrushes for the rest of their lives?

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-19-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
>
>
\>

As a bulldog owner/lover - LUV the Pic!!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Just getting my two cents in as well

I often laugh when they show people on tv hugging after only just meeting. It's beyond odd that you would feel compled to hug someone you don't know at all. It's even stranger and frankly unprofessional to expect someone you have a business relationship to hug you! I can't think of a time I ever got hugged at work within minutes of meeting a new coworker or boss. But this is one of those skills that they just don't teach on the show. Boundaries!!!!!! Dr Stan touched on it lightly with Christina. It's a shame they don't have that as one of their groups. They all could learn from it.

As for Christie doing the 5K, I know some have remarked that's it is odd for her to do it in such bad shape. I actually think it's a good thing for her. Her gastric bypass will only help her to lose weight. To tone up and to make a nice shape, you have to work out. She needs to learn there are no quick fixes. With her gaining weight back, she needs to burn it off.

Running is the cheapest form of exercise. All you need is a good pair of sneakers.

sm2 130 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sm2 Click to send private message to sm2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
My heavens, Christie didn't know the difference between a task list and a time line, she thought they were the same??? Goodness even Antonia knew the difference, which IMHO, is saying a lot about Christie's brillance or lack thereof. Yes, it does take a bit of work to plan something, but it's not like she has to get it done in a day. I loved when Rhonda kept saying, "I asked you to do this THREE days ago." Of course, Christie was confused and did have to do another 2 things during the day. I have run things at my church and for our city, when I was able to years ago, and yes, you delegate, but YOU still have to check in with the people that you put in charge of the task and see that they are doing it. If they should "drop the ball" YOU have to be ready to step in and take it over. It does not fail if they do not do their assignment. And my I say that I did it with having a full time job. Not just climbing up a mountain and meeting with someone. Todays show just got under my skin with it. And to the other posted about Jodi, I have to say I thought she handled herself very well on the phone, calling for donations to the goodie bag's.

05-19-06, 00:53 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
sm2 wrote: <<My heavens, Christie didn't know the difference between a task list and a time line, she thought they were the same??? Goodness even Antonia knew the difference, which IMHO, is saying a lot about Christie's brillance or lack thereof. Yes, it does take a bit of work to plan something, but it's not like she has to get it done in a day. I loved when Rhonda kept saying, "I asked you to do this THREE days ago." Of course, Christie was confused and did have to do another 2 things during the day.>>
--------------------------------------------------------
LOL, yeah, and the 2 other things she had to do were: eat, and appropriate the first free T-shirt for herself. Oh, excuse me, she actually had 3 things to do, because she also had to participate in Antonia's "mountain climbing" assignment, which presented us with so many views of the HGs' backsides that I feel I can say, "Christie, we've seen the proof...your @ss definitely IS bigger than Jodi's..."

Seriously, I am getting more and more stunned by Christie's stupidity by the episode. She did not know the difference between the task list and the actual race day schedule? Antonia had to explain it to her. And then Christie was getting an attitude and sourpuss with Rhonda when Rhonda reminded her this was assigned 3 days prior. I think it has become glaringly obvious even to Rhonda and Dr. Stan that Christie is incapable of doing the simplest things to plan this 5K. (remember how Dr. Stan told her in their one-on-one that she has to "ask lots of questions" whenever she doesn't understand something?)

And Christie couldn't even make the task board...Sommer had to do it for her...I'm guessing Christie didn't want to present the TV cameras with any examples of her dazzlingly poor spelling. (DUUUUUUHHHH, Jodi, how do you spell "5K"???)

I am also getting really sick of Christie blaming her lack of the slightest shred of common sense on the fact that she doesn't have a college degree.

05-18-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Well, don't get me started on why this assignment of Christie's has become the WHOLE HOUSE assignment.... Is it because there are some "graduates" (I use the term loosely) in the house that have nothing, zip, zilch, nada to do EXCEPT help Christie with the 5k??? I mean, other than continual universe shouting and DANCING, that is....
And did any of you catch what Christie said after speaking with the woman with non-profit experience?? Something like, "I want to start my OWN one day, and she'll be able to help me"... This lard-o is now a non-profit wannabe??? Is she taking lessons from Alliscam or what?? I just want it to all be over with. It's starting to make me want to blow chunks again. Burp!

05-19-06, 01:36 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
"Christie had to appropriate the first free T-shirt for herself... also had to participate in Antonia's "mountain climbing" assignment, which presented us with so many views of the HGs' backsides that I feel I can say, "Christie, we've seen the proof...your @ss definitely IS bigger than Jodi's..."

LOL Snowflake.

When the non-profit woman was talking to her about delegating... I was half expecting Christie to say, yeah, and if I can get somebody else to nod by head for me...

I agree Maryellen... another jaw-dropping moment with Christie in the confessional.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
I've guess gone beyond being sick of La-Tee. Tonight I just have this sense of how she seems more like she's at the beginning of her struggle. She looks like someone who is starting a weight loss program, not like she just slipped some. She's acting like she has no work skills. She's been there longer than others who have come and gone (I think) but she's still flailing and still feels like she's not enough.

After a couple months of help you think she'd be at the -almost done- stage. I hoped she'd be attending meetings to address her addictions or looking for work. Instead we get this 5k figurehead swill.

SecretNag 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SecretNag Click to send private message to SecretNag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Christie is the biggest mooch in SO history.

- The ladies cook, she eats.
- She eats more than Jodi.
- She joined Curves (that was Jodi's thing)
- She has had help with most of her assignments.
- She took the focus away from Jodi's graduation, not Niami.
- She complains about lack of support. Has she ever voluntarily helped anyone do anything other than eat?
- She smokes when other's smoke...you know she has her hand out.
- She watches other's type her assignments.
- Niambi may get a "C" at board of review...it's in Christie's hands.

She is just like Lisa...but Rhonda is constantly apologizing for her.

annie828 0 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail annie828 Click to send private message to annie828 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-06 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

"- She has had help with most of her assignments."

Hey hey hey ....... HEY! Now don't be spreading LIES! come on,
If your gonna talk about Christie like this, you gotta make sure..
..YOU GET IT RIGHT!

She has had EVERYONE DO her assignments, while she watches from her lazy fat a$$!

Be very very ... VERY careful how you use your words. Christie might be reading this, and you have to get it RIGHT!

mymomsanag 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mymomsanag Click to send private message to mymomsanag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
I have been watching and thinking about this race...and I have a few questions. Maybe someone has the answer or the rest of you are pondering this as well...

Christie's race is limited to 50 entrants, correct? And about all 50 of the past HG's are coming back for the race (I presume)? So...is this race ONLY for the past HG's and meant to look like something real (probably manufactured like everything else on this show)???

Wondering...

05-19-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
IMHO, this is just another in the long line of BS things Rhonda can pull out of her butt to give herself some momentum in the race to be a HOLLYWOOD STAR....
The other ones follow along like lemmings because THEY TOO want to be STARS....
I'm seeing stars from the sheer boredom of it all. Buh-bye,SO freak show!

05-20-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
26mitogo writes:
I don't like Christie (or most of the other HGs this season for that matter) but I don't wish them harm. I'm hoping they really did learn something somewhere along the line in spite of SO so I can continue to laugh about their ridiculous antics and fake personas.

- And that would be the good scenario... likely as good as it gets for them.

Your rundown of where each will end up is very funny... if only it wasn't so true.

AmazonBlue 39 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazonBlue Click to send private message to AmazonBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Christie's 5K Assignment"
Ok, havent read all the threads but I just have to get this out now! How fun would it be to put on your own race or whatever with the resources the show doles out. How easy can this be!!!
She is such a fricken winer! I can hardly stand it . What did these women think coming on this show. She needs to GO home and sit on her fat #####!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •