The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-15-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
She is now officially...what was it they called her? The "hottest dancer in LA"?

Honestly, could this have been any lamer, and more set-up?

I loved how they had the other girls eyeing Sommer, as though they were sizing up their big "competition". <<eyeroll>>

I think Sommer wins my vote for most pathetic storyline ever.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... MizJazmine 05-15-06 1
   RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... snowflake2 05-15-06 4
       RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... MizJazmine 05-15-06 10
       RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... Labyrinth 05-15-06 12
           RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... snowflake2 05-15-06 17
           RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... beckettrep 05-16-06 20
 RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... sharnina 05-15-06 2
   RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... EMTBGRL 05-15-06 3
       RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... sharnina 05-15-06 5
           RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... snowflake2 05-15-06 6
               RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... Juliejo 05-15-06 7
               RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... sharnina 05-15-06 8
                   RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... Cinnamongirl30 05-15-06 9
           RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... EMTBGRL 05-15-06 18
   RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... Labyrinth 05-15-06 13
       RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... SeasonedRefinement 05-15-06 14
 RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... annie828 05-15-06 11
 RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... JustBNMe 05-15-06 15
 RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... KingJames 05-15-06 16
   RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... geminirose 05-16-06 19
 RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... SOfan0221 05-16-06 21
   RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... EMTBGRL 05-16-06 22
 RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... dasboot 05-16-06 23
   RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... standinmytruth 05-18-06 24
 RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-of... Ujena 05-18-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-15-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Yes it was lame, it was pathetic, it was scripted! But you know what? Sommer got out there and did it. Yes I was happy for her because I could see she really didn't want to do it, but she did. IMO she did just fine and she looked good while she did it.

Now as far as her being the "hottest dancer in LA"? Awwwww heck I'mma let her have that, 'cuz odds are that is one title she ain't NEVER gonna have again.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-15-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
MizJazmine, maybe I am just really cynical about the "reality" of this show, but I don't believe that this whole dancing thing was something that was really a difficult, sensitive issue for Sommer.

I mean, I have personally seen several (and I mean, A LOT) of pics Sommer has posted of herself on the internet at various times, where she is dancing, and also in full-body hugs with her male friends. Now she comes on the show, bursting into tears at the mere thought of dancing in public, and telling Rhonda it is soooo hard for her because a man "feeling" her body while they casually dance is sooo frightening for her? And when Rhonda told her to go put on a tank top (so she could write "Full Body Exposure" or whatever on her arm) Sommer acted like, "ooooo, put on a tank top? I'M SCARED! She even said, "I don't even have a tank top" kind of like she was thinking out loud. I thought, "Gimmee a break; you are ALWAYS wearing tank tops, as well as shorts." I don't buy for a minute that Sommer is as self-conscious about her body as she plays. Anyone who is really self-conscious about their looks doesn't take themselves on a public venue such as a national TV show, not once but twice. People with body image issue aren't usually obsessed with having their photos not only taken, but plastered all over the internet.

I'm a little suspicious of how Sommer is able to turn her tears on & off at the drop of a hat, ending it with a stoic, "This is so hard, and I don't want to do it, but I will, because I know I will be glad I did." I'm just not buying Sommer.

These women come on the show trying to be celebrities. Maybe Sommer is entertaining fantasies of being a dancer/choreographer. (LOL...I'm shaking my head, envisioning Sommer as one of the "Fly Girls" from "In Living Color", back in the day.) Or maybe her dream is to join Christina on the pole.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Well I don't know anything more about Sommer except what I see on the show. I do think there's a difference tho' between Sommer and her own web stuff vs. SO because of who is controlling what.

Sommer's story line is really uneventful for me. I really do forget that she's there at the SOH. I don't know her motivation for intially going on a daytime reality tv joke/soap opera show, unceremoniously getting the boot, and then coming back. Especially since SO doesn't have "grand prizes". I mean...my goodness if she's gonna whore then whore BIG. SO was always very low on the totem pole of reality tv shows. Now I could be wrong about that, but I don't think so. So I really don't know why she came back. It just really seems kinda sadistic to me.

I know SO wants it to seem like they're being so benevolent by "letting" her come back, but to me Sommer is just not a healthy person. SO was never a good place for her IMO. I think Deal or No Deal would have been good for Sommer. It's pretty much so a no brainer show. I don't think Sommer's stupid to the 10th power, but then again she did come back to the SOH AND Rhonda sooo.... With D/ND She could of kept her self respect and if she played it right a decent piece of change ta boot!

To me there is something very very sad about Sommer....

*Naw Sommer wouldn't of been able to keep up with J LO and the other "Fly Girls". Had Sommer been there odds are Keenan and them at "In Living Color" would have done a parody on her! hehehehe...after all they hurt Oprah's feelings!

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
>And when Rhonda told her
>to go put on a
>tank top (so she could
>write "Full Body Exposure" or
>whatever on her arm) Sommer
>acted like, "ooooo, put on
>a tank top? I'M
>SCARED! She even said,
>"I don't even have a
>tank top" kind of like
>she was thinking out loud.
> I thought, "Gimmee a
>break; you are ALWAYS wearing
>tank tops, as well as
>shorts." I don't buy
>for a minute that Sommer
>is as self-conscious about her
>body as she plays.

WHOA THEM HORSES! Are you sure you weren't posting about Christie?? Just fill in the blanks and you have another phoney-baloney act right there.

05-15-06, 11:02 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Lab wrote: <<WHOA THEM HORSES! Are you sure you weren't posting about Christie?? Just fill in the blanks and you have another phoney-baloney act right there.>>
--------------------------------------------------
Ain't that the truth!! "Waaaah! Waaaaaah! I feel so disfigured...so disfigured that I am dreaming of being a model!!"

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-16-06, 06:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
>>And when Rhonda told her
>>to go put on a
>>tank top (so she could
>>write "Full Body Exposure" or
>>whatever on her arm) Sommer
>>acted like, "ooooo, put on
>>a tank top? I'M
>>SCARED! She even said,
>>"I don't even have a
>>tank top" kind of like
>>she was thinking out loud.
>> I thought, "Gimmee a
>>break; you are ALWAYS wearing
>>tank tops, as well as
>>shorts." I don't buy
>>for a minute that Sommer
>>is as self-conscious about her
>>body as she plays.
>
>WHOA THEM HORSES! Are you sure
>you weren't posting about Christie??
>Just fill in the blanks
>and you have another phoney-baloney
>act right there.
>
>

She probably just meant she didn't have any tank tops left cuz she sold all she had on E-Bay. Now she has a new hip-hop outfit to sell along with whatever else she could garnish this trip out. Sommer is a fake so she fits right in with SO now - the whole show has turned fake - just another daytime soap. How sad.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-15-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Here's what's really sad about that whole "set up."

If they had actually let Sommer participate in real dance-off at a club with real people rather than a bunch of actors and actresses (or rejects from So You Think You Can Dance) she would have had a lot of fun. Other people would have seen her, not just her LC and her HM's. She would not have won but so what? Wasn't the point of the exercise getting out there and doing your thing without concerning yourself with what others think?

In the end Sommer didn't win anything - she didn't really learn anything - it was an empty exercise with empty results.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-15-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
In the end Sommer didn't win
>anything - she didn't really
>learn anything - it was
>an empty exercise with empty
>results.
>
And some TV "extras" at least got more credits towards their union card..

I also didn't get why Sommer needed a whole new Hip Hop outfit. Maybe I'm wrong--but, my impression of "Hip Hop" is that it is supposed to appear "street easy" --as if you could be walking down the street and just break into hip hop. And, that hip hop has its roots in funk and "street" dance. Everyone else at that competition appeared to me to wear clothes they could have taken off their own rack at home, or purchased in a thrift shop (I have no problem with that, either!) So, why did Sommer need to go out and spend money on hip hop clothes as if she was trying out for a Bob Fosse musical?

05-15-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
"So, why did Sommer need to go out and spend money on hip hop clothes as if she was trying out for a Bob Fosse musical?"

Because it was imperitive that we see her break down in self-loathing and fear with feelings of inadequacy. It made the dance-off more genuine....

Don't cha think?

05-15-06, 05:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Yes, it gave Sommer an opportunity to show off her acting "skills", crying outside the store because "nothing's fitting" her, with the camera panning down to her cigarette to show us how stressed she is. Oh, how dramatic.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-15-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Talk about scripted. It was obvious that she was set-up to win. I hated it and I dont like her either. What a phoney. All that cryig over an outfit. wah wah wah

05-15-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Oh yes, I was impressed.

"I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille."

Cinnamongirl30 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-15-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinnamongirl30 Click to send private message to Cinnamongirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
You know what...she did it and she did a allright job. If she hadn't have acted like a dummy at the clothes store I might have changed my opinion a little bit but that ruined it all for me. What the heck is wrong with her?? Pick out some free clothes, don't stand in front and cry like a dummy cause you're frustrated....LOSER

05-15-06, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
>"So, why did Sommer need to
>go out and spend money
>on hip hop clothes as
>if she was trying out
>for a Bob Fosse musical?"
>
>
>Because it was imperitive that we
>see her break down in
>self-loathing and fear with feelings
>of inadequacy. It made
>the dance-off more genuine....
>
>
>Don't cha think?
>
>Yeah. *sigh* I do believe you are correct, once again.

I also think the ONLY people that had a right to cry in today's episode were the two clothing store employees that were TRYING to help Sommer! Eegads! If they had started bawling because Sommer was so pathetic and annoying, I would have appreciated THAT! (I might have stayed awake through that part, too.) Hello? What's this? Clothing store employees crying because a SO hg is boring them and annoying them to death??? ::eyes open:: FAR more interesting than Sommer!

Sommer crying because she "can't find anything that works" ??? She wasn't getting MARRIED for criminey's sake! She was going to a staged hip hop "dance off." Let's face it, she "won" because she was the "contestant" with the cameras.

And after all that conflama? Sommer danced in something that looked like a track suit for old hookers.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
>If they had actually let Sommer
>participate in real dance-off at
>a club with real people
>rather than a bunch of
>actors and actresses (or rejects
>from So You Think You
>Can Dance) she would have
>had a lot of fun.

And she would have learned something. She would have learned that all of them have body images, most of them (if not all) would be nervous and hyped about performing... but of course we have to control the outcome (hmmm I smell 5K in the air next don't you?)

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Labyrinth wrote: "...(hmmm I smell 5K in the air next don't you?)

Is that 5K wafting through the air? I thought it was horse manure. Wow, it's almost indistinguishable.

Yeah sure, Sommer is uncomfortable on the dance floor...and I just rented an extra bedroom to a 73 year-old Elvis Presley (but don't tell anyone. He's been in hiding for the past 29 years.)

One last thought on the very insignificant subject of Sommer: why would she want anyone to believe that she has emotional breakdowns because "nothing looks right on me!"? Oh yeah - it was an audition...I almost forgot.

annie828 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-15-06, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annie828 Click to send private message to annie828 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
This was Sommers big Audition to pave her way to Hollywood!

Give me a break...Sommer came into the house because she has body issues...well, if that were the case, it would have made more sense to me if they had Sommer dressed in a skimpy little outfit and had her do a pole dance competition!

That would of freed her up! This was a staged joke!
Sommer is a "party Girl" enouph said.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
I about broke a rib laughing at Sommer today. Her melt down over clothing, her "anguish" at the assignment, her being called the hottest dancer and all the rest. Sorry but she didn't have one iota of a look of being uncomfortable the whole time she was dancing in practice or in front of people. Yes she tried to make herself looked strained and strained her voice to make it sound stressed but her actions said otherwise. Her overly dramatic flapping of her arms trying to act like she was all nervous and hot during the events at the club were laughable as well. Quite dramatic but lacking substance. She didn't look at all out of her element and as others have posted she was putting rather cozy shots of herself up on her webpages not long after leaving the SOH the first time. I don't buy her body image concerns one bit. IMO she thinks she is hot stuff which is why she acted like she did last season and had no real problem this season. Her only problem is her phony acting.

KingJames 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-15-06, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KingJames Click to send private message to KingJames Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
All I wanna say is...I want $10,000 to re do a room & a dance coach for a contest I am gaurenteed to win!
What is with these assignments?

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-16-06, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
surely there's a life lesson in having a person with low self esteem win a fixed dance contest, and having a person with a $40,000 debt redecorate a room w/ $10,000. lol. yeah right.

well, if you want the $10,000 and a dance coach, then i want a 7 day trip to the caribbean for complaining about my weight-- but rarely exercising or eating nutritiously; repeatedly threatening to leave the SO-- but never leaving; crying about daddy issues-- but not truly resolving anything with my dad; crying for attention-- just because i'm an attention whore; and acting like a know-it-all. lol.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-16-06, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
Hottest dancer in LA???? Wow, SO there is a life skill someone can use. That and $4 will buy you a beer in any cheap bar in town. Sommer used to be a waitress a the Outback or some other national chain restuarant so is going to use this to what????? dance the food to the table????

I agree totally, how lame, how pathetic, how boring.

Hope her 15 mnutes are over soon so she can join the list with Cassie, Josie and Allison. Yawn, I need a nap now.

05-16-06, 08:05 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
> Sommer used to be
>a waitress a the Outback
>or some other national chain
>restuarant so is going to
>use this to what????? dance
>the food to the table????
>
HOOTERS! Here comes SOMMER!

That's the only job where you leave your clothes on and serve food and booty (& :ahem shake. Maybe they are trying to get Sommer comfortable enough with her body and dancing so that she can work as a Hooter's waitress? Yeah. And, Sommer had to come back to the SOH to learn how? Life has never been this unreal..

>

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-16-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"

>
>I think Sommer wins my vote
>for most pathetic storyline ever.
>
Well, it was the lamest and most pathetic until Side Show Bob Jill waddled walked in the front door giving us the boring news of her meeting face-to-face (reunioning) with her jerk-off daddy now repentent daddy. YAWN.

She couldn't even force out ONE fake tear that she was so capable of doing while in the SO house. WOW, she has really evolved.

"Oh Iguana, I'm so scared" she says as she mugs for the cameras in her freshly shoplifted?? new outfit 'purchased especially for her on-camera visit to the SOH.'

Go reunion with the bastard with your absent daddy and get the heck of my tv.

Where was Christina? Surely, she could have taught Sommer how to dance like a pro. Now dat girl just den up and disappeared? Now that's a turn of events : The real whore has gone private, the once private folks have become media whores.

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-18-06, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 06:57 AM (EST)

Sommer's routine looked like a bad audition for Cheerleader Nation.

Ujena 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ujena Click to send private message to Ujena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Oooo! Sommer won the dance-off!"
I was so embarressed for her, clearly she wasn't the best dancer. Why did it have to be a contest? Anyway, at least she did it and made an attempt, not sure why all the tears over what to wear and then ended up wearing a jogging suit.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •