The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-16-06, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
I was reflecting on Jodi's "graduation" today and couldn't put my finger on what she actually did do/learn/accomplish to earn her graduation? She learned how to cry more easily? She became even more touchy-feely and gushy with her housemates? She had a heart to heart talk with her Mom? I don't see exactly what Starting Over did for her. Just what did she fill that empty cup with???
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... simpledimple 05-16-06 1
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... EMTBGRL 05-16-06 2
   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... 26mitogo 05-16-06 3
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... BimBo 05-16-06 4
   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... Lanna42 05-16-06 5
       RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... Juliejo 05-16-06 6
           RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... alaholly 05-16-06 8
               RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... BimBo 05-16-06 9
                   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... smokeysmom 05-16-06 13
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... tvfun 05-16-06 7
   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... redheaded1 05-16-06 11
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... sillybear 05-16-06 10
   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... tac_2 05-16-06 15
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... GoodnightLittleBear 05-16-06 12
   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... 26mitogo 05-16-06 14
   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... Bentley 05-16-06 16
       RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... moonoverxanadu 05-16-06 19
   jodie and antonias hair.........'?? mrspicklepants44 05-16-06 17
       RE: jodie and antonias hair........... geminirose 05-16-06 18
           RE: jodie and antonias hair........... moonoverxanadu 05-16-06 20
           RE: jodie and antonias hair........... Seabisquit 05-16-06 21
       RE: jodie and antonias hair........... tac_2 05-16-06 22
           RE: jodie and antonias hair........... Bentley 05-16-06 23
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... sillybear 05-16-06 24
   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... Bentley 05-16-06 25
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... Ujena 05-16-06 26
   RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... Bentley 05-16-06 27
 RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi acco... elgin 05-17-06 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

simpledimple 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-16-06, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simpledimple Click to send private message to simpledimple Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Duh! I asked that in another thread! I just can't figure out what the heck Jodi needed to fill any empty thing with! What was that mask all about anyway? I think she was just who she was, no masking involved! It was all so contrived, in my opinion.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-16-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Just what
>did she fill that empty
>cup with???

From the looks of Jodi? She filled that empty cup with F-o-o-d.

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
EMTBGRL: >>"From the looks of Jodi? She filled that empty cup with F-o-o-d."<<

That's about as much as I could figure out about Jodi's stay in SOH. I kept waiting to really find out what she wanted to change ... what "fill the emply cup" in actuality was suposed to mean and what it would look like when that was indeed accomplished. I never did quite understand why Jodi was there and what she changed. I was originally very interested in Jodi's story since she came on with the story line of being a strong, self-supporting, independent, accomplished woman who presented herself as needing little, if any support ... and therefore got exactly the lack of support she asked for. But for all her weeks on the program as she hugged, kissed, snuggled, advised, supported, & petted everyone in the house, she got a "C" at BOR, then claimed she finally understood. Poof ... she declairs herself healed and ready to leave. Her next BOR, she came with her memorized speech of total healing, conducting her time at the podium as the CEO-Jodi she claimed to be before she came to SO. Her claim of "getting it" seemed to be in word only, as I saw little change in her behavior, words, or conduct with the other HMs. I guess Jodi is the one and only HM that didn't have to pretend to act the part in order to graduate. Many before her, given their time was up, have repeated many SOisms, chanted the mantras, and confessed the life-style for at least a day or two before being given the coveted SO statue and their token parting gift. Jodi seemed to simply state "oh, I get it" and off she goes. I guess all she has left now on her SO to-do list is to make some cr@ppy art/craft projects to sell on eBay and her work is done.

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-16-06, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 08:19 AM (EST)

well alaholly, that would depend on who you ask.

> christy-"Thank you for bringing me out of the closet."
> Sommer- "Thank you for making me forget how ugly I think I am cause nobody's uglier than you."
> Kim-"Thank you for making me want to drink MORE."
> Niambi- "Thank you for making me want my user-man even more,cause gettin some onceinawhile is better than being so deprived that you feel the need to rub-up on everything that moves."
> Dr. Stan-"thank you for giving me the willys with your comment at graduation,(hoping she was referring to men and not women)
> Rhonda- "Thank-you for making me forget about my lesbian tendencies".
> the nutritionist- "thank-you for the free advertising even though you were a COMPLETE waste of my time."
> Curves- "thank-you for coming in only once and not causing us to have to replace all the equipment you would have busted with your whale fat."
> the makers of the chocolate chip macadamia cookie company-"THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU for all the years you've provided us with record breaking profits."
> the makers of the sausage egg sandwich- "what the cookie people said".
> the cooks at the SOH- "thank-you for the job stability".

Shall I continue?? Cause I could go on forever!! However, any additions are gladly welcomed.

I can't believe, I forgot about the infamous mask...
> "The Mask"- "Thank you for finally smashing me, I know I'm inanimate but even I coud'nt stand looking at your ugly mug anymore!!"

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-16-06, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Bimbo........ROTFLMAO. That was funny. As I've always said regarding the "therapeutic" SO art projects.You really can make ANYTHING with popsicle sticks.Jodi's got a lot more time on her hands now.Look out!

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Toadie gave into what Iguana told her about her Dad and then she threw away her mask and graduated. Easy enough now she needs to go home.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
LOL BimBo! Very funny. But I was seriously trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and I couldn't think of anything real that she actually did or even WHY she was in the house in the first place. (???)

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
On a more serious note, that makes two of us. I don't know what the heck she accomplished there either. I just know she's an ugly toad who makes herself an easy target.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-16-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
It's as if they were just making it up as she went along -- lose weight? drop the mask? And, who can forget the life-chaging "become a decorative furniture maker"?... She can carve some wooden masks with the carving tools she got... better than the psychobabble tools, at least!

tvfun 80 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvfun Click to send private message to tvfun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
she was just a fat girl filler!

redheaded1 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-16-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded1 Click to send private message to redheaded1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
I was very suprised that she graduated when she did. After that little "control freak" scene with the house repairs. It seemed like she didn't learn anything in the house... and now she's an Elder and a MENTOR??? I don't get that at all (well, the elder part I get LMAO). They must be rushing ladies out of the house because the end of the season is near. That being the case, Antonia is surely the next to go!

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
I am not exactly sure what Jodi has accomplished either.She is not the first HG I have noticed this.This seems to be a reality of the reality show.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-16-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
I think Jodi would say she accomplished a LOT.

*Recognition - shamelessly proud to be a DAW
*Hundreds, maybe thousands, of new 'friends' (potential clients for her new business? )
*Two vacations (LA & Caribbean) & one mini-vacation for her mom.
*Makeovers/new hairstyles
*New wardrobe pieces
*Woodworking tools ;)
*Generous LA vacation stipend plus extra's (paid meals out, etc.)
*Dating advice from 'pro's' (gag..ok, I know)

I realize I've missed a bunch of things Jodi has had handed to her by the shows but those are the major ones I've noticed.

Oh, maybe an extra accomplishment (how could I forget!) - Christie, whom she's babified to such extremes (mentally and physically) I think it must by now convinced her she really didn't want a child after all. ;) Jodi may think her power to control a fully grown woman is something of an 'accomplishment' but, in truth, it's probably the most pathetic and disturbing thing I see about her. And, she should ask herself why she would attract such a person as Christie - that's the Big Question in my mind. Does Jodi have healthy friends back home? Any real life, long term friends?
I doubt it. Her mom? I'm of the belief parents should be parents, not pals. (Jodi's mom: "Now I want to know Everything" lol...careful what you ask for, mom! )

SOH, for Jodi, and perhaps the is the biggest prize of all - exposure. She's starting a new business, what better way to get free advertising than a daily nat'l television show? That has to be, in her mind, her greatest accomplishment. Advertising and promoting oneself or business is usually the greatest expense any business has, second only to payroll & taxes. So Jodi, odds are, you'll probably get new clients thanks to your 'fame' but, think about it - was practically adopting Christie really worth it?

IMO, the SOH, at minimum, was a only a breather for Jodi, albeit an advantageous one. Can I blame a girl for trying to get ahead? Taking a breather, networking? Nope. She did nothing illegal, DOES seem to have her own money and means to support herself so, absolutely not. But I don't have to like her. And I do think if she hasn't outright lied, she's certainly fibbed about her motives/goals to get through the SO process. I got a bad vibe from Jodi from the beginning due to her almost instant gross behavior and habits.

And this woman is to be looked up to as a mentor? I'm sure she'll be adding that to her resume as an 'accomplishment' also, although I believe it's more of a stigma to admit she participated in the most UNreality show of all time.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
The only thing I can see is that she scored and now gets to hang out there as a "mentor".

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
That is true, Toadie did get what she wanted ... what she seemed to come in the house to get ... a coach/mentor position. Yeah, that's a big difference in who she came in as! Of course, this season, I guess she changed about as much as many of the others ... which is zilch. I guess success in season 3 would mean you didn't become even more pathetic & obnoxious than you were when you arrived (examples: Allisham, Christie).

Bentley 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bentley Click to send private message to Bentley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
I see she couldn't keep her hands off Antonia today. Why should she leave when she has free rein over unsuspecting, vulnerable young things. With Antonia being as feisty as she is, I am surprised she lets the toad anywhere within arm's reach.

moonoverxanadu 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonoverxanadu Click to send private message to moonoverxanadu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Bently, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed her playing with Antonia's hair.......GAG ME. And did you see her telling people where to sit at the graduation?! No wonder she hasn't left yet. She's got a lot of fondling to squeeze in before the show ends.............

mrspicklepants44 34 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrspicklepants44 Click to send private message to mrspicklepants44 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "jodie and antonias hair.........'??"
Today at the morning meeting she was attacking antonia´s ponytail. I think shes there to give the girls sexual favors and provide donuts.

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: jodie and antonias hair.........'??"
i noticed her molesting the ponytail too. her actions are so disturbing.

moonoverxanadu 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonoverxanadu Click to send private message to moonoverxanadu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: jodie and antonias hair.........'??"
Let's face it. Her accomplishment was molesting more young and pretty women that she could ever have hoped to fondle on the outside. Even lesbians have taste!

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: jodie and antonias hair.........'??"
Other than making an absolute fool of herself on national TV, I think she accomplished NOTHING. Wait a minute...perhaps she accomplished a few touchy feely girlfriend hook-ups, if you get what I mean. Nothing wrong with that if that's what suits you Jodie, just be a big grown up girl and come out of the closet.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-16-06, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: jodie and antonias hair.........'??"
>Today at the morning meeting she
>was attacking antonia´s ponytail.

Both Antonia and Jodi looked half out of it during that strange little scene.

Some experts claim twirling one's hair is a sign of mental distress or phobic, but twirling someone else's hair? I wonder if that habit is even listed in a medical journal. Just bizarre.

05-16-06, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bentley Click to send private message to Bentley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: jodie and antonias hair.........'??"
She didn't achieve any steps, but you are right, we were made aware of how disturbing she is. There is definitely something wrong with her - she always has such a lecherous smile on her face. She gives me the creeps!

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
If someone was sitting beside me twisting my hair and getting all touchy feely I would just have to make it stop.Thats just too much.I wonder if she realizes what she is doing.It makes no sense.

05-16-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Don't you think it is odd that the lifecoaches have never addressed any of the inappropriate behavior of Jodi? They pretend they don't know what is going on in the house and at other times they come rushing in because something happened that needed their attention. This is abuse, pure and simple. I would have slugged her long ago.

Ujena 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ujena Click to send private message to Ujena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
I noticed that Christie has the touchy feely thing going on too, I was uncomfortable watching one show weeks back when one of the girls was stuggling and some of the girls laid on the bed with her and it seemed very intimate and I was unsure if it was editing or their way of supporting each other.
As for Jodi graduating, I have wondered the same thing, what did she do to accomplish her goals? What exactly was her issues and why was she there? I wish they had talked more about her abortion and issues with not being able to stay in lasting relationships with men.

05-16-06, 10:33 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Makes you wonder what kind of show it is that we are watching. I have never snuggled in bed with any of my friends. Christy does indeed seem to be a hands-on type as well. She and Jodi are both all over the other girls. For some reason, Christy's moves don't seem so lecherous as Jodi's. Christy seems to like to be babied, while Jodi seems to have ulterior motives. You want to yell at the TV to get the girls to run away. YOU ARE NOT SAFE!!!! I started watching the first season and thought that the premise was a good one. You would cheer the ladies on to overcome their hurdles. The coaches seemed helpful. Now it is a joke. You don't know what they are there for or see any change when they leave. It is very disappointing.

elgin 94 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Just exactly WHAT did Jodi accomplish anyway?"
Jodi learned how to be more manipulative and controlling and how to do it while looking as unmanipulative as she could (controlling her controlling)..(which she can't) she has had lessons in counting to 3 before she takes over total control of A. All conversations, B. All situations and C. All interpersonal contact (translation: touchy - feely). and D. All projects. She is the control queen so crown her and let her go. Hear her count to 3. 1 - 2 oops couldn't wait... Bye Jodikins I enjoyed watching you cry all the time, pretend to get it and then revert back in the next moment, I enjoyed watching you almost whoop Kelly's a$$ (wish you had) and the way you tried desperatetly to make EVERYONE your BESTEST friend so that everyone else knew just where they stood!! You intimidate the heck out of everyone Jodi, well, except maybe Kelly. Wonder who could have won that smack down? Kelly had the 'mean' behind her and Jodi had her 'behind' behind her. I should talk, my 'behind is probably twice the size.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •