The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

MelJ 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-07-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MelJ Click to send private message to MelJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"

Why hasn’t Iyanla said anything to Antonia about her rude comments and back talk.
I think she should have been up for BOR and received a C if not a C- letting her know that the
Back talk is not necessary and need to stop. She just sounds absolutely rude.

Doesn’t it seem like she gets away with more than other women have.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... tac_2 05-07-06 1
 RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... sillybear 05-07-06 2
   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Cleverone 05-09-06 28
 RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... JustBNMe 05-07-06 3
   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... daylily 05-07-06 4
       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... JessicaRN 05-08-06 5
           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... daylily 05-08-06 6
               RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Baxtera 05-08-06 7
           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... SueNahMe 05-08-06 8
 RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Mama_Pita 05-08-06 9
   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Jadens Mommy 05-08-06 10
       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Juliejo 05-08-06 11
           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... MelJ 05-08-06 12
               RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Baxtera 05-08-06 13
                   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Zoey 05-08-06 14
                       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... loretta54 05-08-06 15
 RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... MizJazmine 05-08-06 16
   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... kristin830 05-08-06 17
   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Baxtera 05-08-06 18
       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... MizJazmine 05-08-06 19
           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Baxtera 05-08-06 20
               RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... MizJazmine 05-08-06 21
                   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... VelvetElegance 05-08-06 22
                       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Shazbot 05-08-06 23
                           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... shermie 05-08-06 24
                               RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... jaedysmom 05-12-06 40
                       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... beckettrep 05-08-06 25
                           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... JessicaRN 05-09-06 26
                               RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Baxtera 05-09-06 27
                                   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Cleverone 05-09-06 29
                                       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... sweet cheeks 05-09-06 31
                                           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... EMTBGRL 05-09-06 32
                               RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... EMTBGRL 05-09-06 30
                                   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... techstyle 05-09-06 33
                                       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... beckettrep 05-09-06 34
                                           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... bellyButton 05-09-06 35
                                               RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Baxtera 05-10-06 36
                                                   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... EMTBGRL 05-10-06 37
                                                       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Cleverone 05-11-06 38
                                                           RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... Boots12565 05-11-06 39
                                                   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... jaedysmom 05-12-06 41
                       RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... DeltaDarkStar 05-13-06 46
 RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... mgbear 05-12-06 42
   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... jaedysmom 05-13-06 43
   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... DeltaDarkStar 05-13-06 47
 RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... eire_heart74 05-13-06 44
   RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get... klone 05-13-06 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-07-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Maybe the sass is encouraged? Seems to me Iyanla finds it almost endearing and cute. Without a doubt, the producers do, otherwise they'd edit it out so they must like her sparkling personality. ;)

But you're quite right, Antonia is rude and for a supposedly educated young woman raised as a 'nice Catholic girl', she's pretty much acting like a brat.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I think if she would put some of that spunkiness in the right place she could really go places.A little class can go a long way.There is a difference between speaking your mind and being mouthy.She doesn't know that yet.I hope she learns.

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-09-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"

Well said, Sillybear!!! I totally agree!

"I walk in my own shoes..."

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I'd love to see Antonia's face if IV said she had to sit in the corner or even go to her room for a while for being disrespectful. She does have a quite a mouth on her. It's not at all attractive and to think she is a Catholic schoolgirl like someone else said.

daylily 60 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-06, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daylily Click to send private message to daylily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I think IV likes someone to stand up to her. Antioia clearly has never heard of the all powerful all knowing IV. This makes me giggle.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-08-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Although I would not want Antonia as a friend and I would be ashamed of my parenting if she were my daughter, there is something kind of refreshing about her comments and attitude. There are times when the other women are discussing their tools and how they need to set forth their intentions that Antonia is nearly rolling her eyes. It would be hilarious to have a bubble over her head with what she is thinking. She makes me laugh out loud.

daylily 60 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail daylily Click to send private message to daylily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
yah, something like, "Great, I'm at summer camp with old and screwed up people."

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I would love to see her reaction to IV's voodoo priestess mojo and definitly to one of the swamp activities. I wonder if IV will have the guts to go up against Antonia's attitude and try one of the Survivor style activities with her. If she didn't like the credit card bracelet, which has been missing lately, I'm not seeing her going along with getting in the swamp like Lisa 2.

SueNahMe 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-08-06, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SueNahMe Click to send private message to SueNahMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
>Although I would not want Antonia
>as a friend and I
>would be ashamed of my
>parenting if she were my
>daughter, there is something kind
>of refreshing about her comments
>and attitude. There are
>times when the other women
>are discussing their tools and
>how they need to set
>forth their intentions that Antonia
>is nearly rolling her eyes.
> It would be hilarious
>to have a bubble over
>her head with what she
>is thinking. She makes
>me laugh out loud.

DITTO!

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Thats funny because I dont think she is rude, but thats probably because Im the same way, basically we speak before we think. And most of what comes out of our mouths comes out the wrong way. People tell me its because im from the east (NJ) and now im in Texas. So I sure I come off sounding loud and harsh at times, Thats how antonio sounds to me, but I take it a different way.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I just see it as her being honest and speaking her mind. If she hides what she is truly feeling, she won't get far in the house. How many times do the LC's have to drill into all the other women until they get the truth out?

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-08-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
She is 24 years old and acts like 12. She is just very spoiled and immature but I find her to be very entertaining and I like her. She is the first to say what she thinks to Iylanda and I love to watch her. She has a lot of growig up to do but in the mean time we can have a good laugh.

MelJ 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MelJ Click to send private message to MelJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I perceive it as being very rude and disrespectful. The LC’s take time out of there life to help these women and they turn around and don’t do the exercise (Sommer, Kim and many others), whine (Lisa 1), or straight up disrespect them (Antonia). Then they need to leave and make room for people who really need help and aren’t brats about it.

05-08-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I was glad to see that they didn't round up enough actors to get her the $500 and only paid to get her half the money she needed. She did such a lousy job on that exercise she didn't deserve to be rewarded with success in getting extras to come on and pretend to pay for being there. Once again though, she doesn't seem to think she's in the wrong. I thought she was hilarious with Dr. Stan telling him off.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I think Antonia is rude. But I'd still rather hear her speak her truth than hear most of the other guests tell the LCs what they think the LCs want to hear.

loretta54 45 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail loretta54 Click to send private message to loretta54 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
i don't think antonia is rude it's just how she says what she says ok maybe she could use a little bit more tact but, how many times have someone stated on these boards about the women just going along with the LC's exercise and just mimicking what they say. antonia seems to be using her brain and saying no i don't want to go down that road. maybe the other women need to borrow a page out of antonia book and speak up for themselves. JMHO

mary

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Actually I don't see Antonia as being rude, I just see her as being herself. I'm glad that she speaks her mind and ask questions. I wish ALL of the women did that and OFTEN. I think emotionally Antonia is an honest young woman. She knows who she is. Sure she's in debt and has some issues, but her "core" seems solid to me. To me a lot of Antonia's "stuff" is just because she's young, and all that that entails. Antonia is one of the few women I've seen walk through the SO door that I'm not really worried about.

The other thing I liked about Antonia is that she pretty much so backed EVERYBODY up off her including Iyanla when it came to her father. She didn't want to talk about him and she wasn't playing! Sometimes people go poking around in something that they have no business messing with. So I'm glad Antonia put a stop to the daddy issue with a quickness.

I don't think she gets away with anymore than the others. I don't think anyone on this show could ever get away with more than Lisa 1. Of the current hg's, I think Antonia is pretty much so moving along with everybody else.

I like Antonia

kristin830 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kristin830 Click to send private message to kristin830 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Antonia breathes some life into that house. I think the producers are sick of all the woe is me! I bet Iyanla is having a ball with her. I personally enjoy watching her because she actually says stuff that I know I would probably be thinking and not gutsy enough to say. She doesn't bend down and hang on all of the life coach's words. She'll actually have an honest response to some of the whacked out assignments they propose. If she had it all together, she wouldn't be in that house!

05-08-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
On the one hand it is so refreshing to finally see some one question IV and not blindly follow her into the swamp.

That being said Antonia isn't going anywhere with that attitude and mouth. The reason she's in debt and has no job or prospects is she doesn't know that she actually has to WORK and EARN what she wants. There are plenty of young people much younger than her that know that.

05-08-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Actually I do think Antonia knows she has to work and earn what she wants. After all she doesn't have a "Sugar Daddy" or various men she sleeping with to "give" her stuff and she doesn't have babies hangin' off her hips. As of present I think the debt is Antonia's biggest problem. If she can pay that off, she'll be alright. I think Antonia has a bright future. Just by mere virtue that she knew enough to get a college education speaks volumes. How she applies it will make the difference for her.

Yes there are plenty of young people who know they have to work and earn their way, by the same token there are plenty of young people who DON'T. Also there are some young people who aren't doing anything but moochin' off of a mama & daddy or hangin' out waiting for their inheritance to kick in. Part of Antonia's debt is student loans. To my knowledge they're not in default. If they are that hasn't been made known. She also had a roommate where she was living (not in the greatest of neighborhoods), but my guess is that she had a job to pay her half of the rent unless her mother paid it, and I don't think that's the case.

In terms of Antonia not having a job or prospects when was that talked about on the show? IMO Antonia's a diamond in the rough. Her attitude and mouth can and will make some predators think twice 'cuz Antonia's not a quiet passive woman. Especially with her being young and a woman of color it's really not a bad thing IMO.

05-08-06, 07:03 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Well she's over $40,000 in debt at 24. I'm not sure how much of that is from college or what if any degree she got from college but based on the fact that she's at SO giving poetry jams I'd say a job did not emerge from the college education regardless of how much she spent on getting it.

The focus shouldn't be on scamming people to make money but on finding a steady means of paying down her debt.

05-08-06, 07:49 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Is it Antonia's fault that she's being given the assignments that she's been given? Sure SO should help her find a steady means of paying down her debt, and that may be what they're trying to do in a round about way...I don't know. I think it's important for her to understand WHY she got into debt in the first place. She also needs to understand MONEY period. If Antonia doesn't get it, she can continue adding to her debt and with her just being 24, she can really do some serious damage, THEN turn around and go bankrupt. If she does get it, it can change her life for real. To her credit she's not talking bankruptcy. So at least at this stage she's taking responsibility and IMO that's a good thing.

VelvetElegance 72 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VelvetElegance Click to send private message to VelvetElegance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I, for one, LOVE Antonia's spunk! To me, she's the realest person in the house. I love the fact that she's not totally enamored with the LCs. And I really love the fact that she sees herself as on their level. Sometimes Iyanla doesn't know what to do with her because she is so used to dealing with sheep that want simply to be herded. Antonia may be spoiled, financially bankrupt, and even some what immature, but she is no one's sheep, and she has got my respect for that. Besides, where is it written that you can't express a contrary opinion in that house? I know Rhonda and Iyanla aren't really used to it, but that's just because Antonia is just the first person who really does...and it makes me want to gag to even type this...but Antonia is the embodiment of standing in her truth. She knows who she is and despite her presence in the SO house, she seems to be pretty Ok with it. I think if Antonia learned some financial management skills, she'd be alright. The maturity part would come with life and experience.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-08-06, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
All I can say is that Antonia is the only reality to grace this reality show!

She's fabulous, and it sure as heck ain't about the life coaches as far as she's concerned... lovin' it!!

shermie 89 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shermie Click to send private message to shermie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Antonia is a rude, lazy, disrespectful little snot. Her attitude is beyond the pale, even for a SO HG. Sleeping on the day of an event for which she is responsible. Then smarting off and asking if she should be working every second. Well....Yeah. If you have something to do, you do it, dearie. You don't sit on your arse whining about how "hard" it is and how "tired" you are.

Listening to this woman speak is painful for me. From her exagerated accent to her lazy, careless diction. If she gets tossed, it won't be one minute too soon, IMO.

jaedysmom 15 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 04:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jaedysmom Click to send private message to jaedysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I also feel Antonia is disrespectful and very very spoiled!!!! Have you ever notice in group or when she is speaking with the other houseguests, she rolls her eyes or sits in judgement of the others, like they are the only ones there with problems!! Ummmmmmm.......hello, thats why her little butt is there too!! She looks at everyone in a condesending way, and why does IV not go off on her like she has done to some of the others? It seems like she picks and chooses who she is going to unleash "the wrath of IV" on!! I think she should have been up for board of review a long time ago!!!

Has she even earned any steps for as long as she's been in the SO house!!! I guess now they are going to start giving out pitty steps towards their goals, so they can start getting people out because the season will be ending soon!!!!

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Antonia may have some spunk and she may be 'real' but she also strikes me as being rude. It's fine to be outspoken and not afraid to question what Iguana is having her do but there are ways to do that without copping her 'entitlement' attitude (and she certainly has that). She strikes me as someone who was not taught to have respect for her elders and she is nothing more than a outspoken brat IMHO.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
She really does make me laugh out loud. I've never seen Dr. Stan so taken aback as he was today when instead of finding Antonia an emotional wreck, which is the norm in that house, he found Antonia taking a nap. I do wonder if she has ever seen SO before, because she seems just mystified by all of the psychobabble. She seemed unprepared to find all of the significance in her father (unlike Namibia who sold her mother down the river at BOR).

05-09-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I do love watching her oppose the voodoo priestess and I find it hilarious to finally see someone say not likely when faced with the swamp we all know is coming.

That being said she is a spoiled entitled brat who deserves nothing. She has no work ethic and expect she should have everyone pay for what she thinks she deserves. The debt, hey mannn I neeeded to livvvve.

05-09-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-06 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

Aside from the fact that she outwardly opposes Iyanla (which I feel she can do while respecting someone who's trying to help her) which I know you love Baxteria...I find Antonia to be extremely rude ( on this we totally agree ) and what gets me more is that she's not aware of how rude she is.

Being mouthy isn't an asset...she needs to learn when and how to voice her opinions, objections, or whatever...this young woman doesn't know what boundaries are except when someone's invading her territory...it's sad to see the level of disrespect she hurls out on a daily basis...and I would think that her parents are reexamining their parenting skills...it's okay to spoil your child at home if you must, however they need to learn respect for others before they get turned loose on the rest of the world. It's "not cute" outside of their normal environment..I hope she learns this soon, because her attitude won't help her make it in any employment venue.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"

Well I think Antonia is from a way up North. And she is a very spoiled girl.
She just has that sharp tongue that a lot of Northerners have.
Isn't she from New Jersey?

But she is still cute.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-09-06, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
>
> Well I think Antonia is
>from a way up North.
>And she is a very
>spoiled girl.
>She just has that sharp tongue
>that a lot of Northerners
>have.
>Isn't she from New Jersey?
>
Massachussetts. I can tell...I am one of those people from "way up North." (NOT Mass., though.) -- There's a difference between the "sharp tongue of Northerners" and "plain rude, uneducated, ghetto-speak" --Guess which one Antonia uses? :-o

>But she is still cute.

Yeah. I still like her. She's honest, calls it how she sees it.

05-09-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
(unlike
>Namibia who sold her mother
>down the river at BOR).
>
I felt that way, too! But, since this thread is about Antonia---I will add:

Regardless of all the problems that Antonia has (and she DOES have problems) I am PROUD of Antonia for not playing the parental-blame-game that SOH is so FOND of!

My parents weren't perfect. They were FARrrr from it. (Hint: When NOBODY in the neighborhood wants to play at YOUR house as children, when your parents are home, and decline invitations as adults) BUT, they (my mom & dad) were not responsible for ALL the decisions (good AND bad) that I made in life! That's absurd. At some point in life, in adulthood, it's just NOT mom & dad's FAULT for everything that goes wrong anymore!!

I know people who still blame their parents for the mess their life is in, and their parents are DEAD. (in some cases, have been for years.) --The blame continues. (Of course, Iyanla might hold a resurrection ritual so that a HG can address the "issues" around their deceased parent--) I digress.

The fact that the LC's push the "parental examining" makes me CRAZY. Where is the personal responsibility for life decisions? (good AND bad??)

Antonia might not know how to give a politically correct, tactful, "vanilla," non-conflama, generic, sanitized, grammatically-correct answer that parrots the LC-psychobabble expectation. (True, Antonia should not run for office anytime soon) However, Antonia at least gives HER answer, as true as she knows her answer to be.

I respect that about Antonia.

I also respect that she doesn't just take EVERYTHING that the LC's want from her, or ask from her at face value. For example, the questions about private sexual matters. My answer would have sounded like Antonia, and would I would have resisted the urge in that meeting to simply say, "Get bent."

(But, then again, I've spent more years learning how to sanitize my answers!!)

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
Antonia is waiting to get all hooked up by SO -lets just cut to the chase and lets all just chip in and get her out of debt ,and head shots or should I say new head shots from a well know photographer, and lets be done with her. She is just average, and if her debt is partly from student loans, then get on the long, long line of the graduate in debt. It's boring and so average. The big mouthed girl, wow....

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
>Antonia is waiting to get all
>hooked up by SO -lets
>just cut to the chase
>and lets all just chip
>in and get her out
>of debt ,and head shots
>or should I say new
>head shots from a well
>know photographer, and lets be
>done with her. She
>is just average, and if
>her debt is partly from
>student loans, then get on
>the long, long line of
>the graduate in debt. It's
>boring and so average. The
>big mouthed girl, wow....

I agree except I don't think we should chip in - let's just let SO pay for her bankruptcy lawyers probably like they paid for Alushin's. I don't find anyone who is rude entertaining, even if they are fighting back with Iguana and Dr. Stan.

bellyButton 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bellyButton Click to send private message to bellyButton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
remember A saying she was too good to ride the bus...to wear 'used clothing'...and many more comments..i don't call those honest..she is no better than anyone else in that house or any person who's trying to pay their bills...she also made a comment that she doesn't really know where the money went..she just blew it basically. everything she owns is in that closet. when IV asked her where did the money go...her reply was idunno.
she's a pretty (looking) cute girl but she's not classy. you can ask questions or give your opinion but i think giving your opinion when it's not wanted or asked for or hurtful (such as her comment to cassie about not getting "it" together for her baby) i have two daughters in their twenties and they'd never say something like that. there are some things you don't need to say. i know it's just my opinion or actually what my mother (and i'm fifty yrs old) taught me many yrs ago..'you're accountable for every word out of your mouth'...
she's 24 not 14..I do like though how she's affectionate..i hope she grows up soon.

05-10-06, 08:19 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
In defense of MA we don't rasie gutter mouth entitled witches up here by the barrel fulls. The parents let the Antonia's of the world grow all on their own if that's what they choose to grow.

Most people I know that live in the city ride the bus and the subway, it's easier than paying a $100 for the day to park. Oh wait those are the ones with jobs in the City and she wouldn't know anything about having a JOB where she'd need to park in the city. She just goes to shop and party. God forbid you take the bus or subway then.

05-10-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
>In defense of MA we don't
>rasie gutter mouth entitled witches
>up here by the barrel
>fulls.

Hey Baxtera! I hear you, and know you speak the gospel truth! We don't raise gutter mouth entitled witches in this part of New England, either.

>Most people I know that live
>in the city ride the
>bus and the subway, it's
>easier than paying a $100
>for the day to park.
>
Yeah. And I know your rail system isn't free, too. (neither is ours.) EUREKA! I think you are onto something Baxtera! It's not that Antonia is "too pretty" to ride the bus, that's her pride talking. The truth? She's too BROKE to ride the bus, subway, rail, ferry, and anything that isn't her own two feet. --Parking is atrocious. True.

05-11-06, 00:59 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"

In defense of MA we don't rasie gutter mouth entitled witches up here by the barrel fulls. The parents let the Antonia's of the world grow all on their own if that's what they choose to grow.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! Now, that was a good one, Baxtera.

Boots12565 195 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boots12565 Click to send private message to Boots12565 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
In defence of Antonia-(Being A Former East Coast Gurl Myself)I Gotta Love her!!!Ya-Shes a Screw up Financially -BUT-Have you ever seen Iyanla SO Disturbed???ROFLMAO-Antonia you Rock!!!^5!!(HIGH FIVE)PEACE AT YA!!

05-12-06, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jaedysmom Click to send private message to jaedysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I feel the problem may have been her mother for the way Antonia is. I think that because she was "abandoned" by her father, the mother probably over indulged her because she probably felt guilty and basically "bought" her daughter!!! And i think Antonia picked up on it, used and manipulated her mother and others into giving her what she wanted, hence the attitude, I don't need to work or pay for what I want, people should just give it to me like my mom and grandparents do!! I don't think she was ever taught the value of a dollar, or that you have to earn things, they aren't just handed to you on a silver platter!!

*BTW* someone please tell Antonia the Queen lives in Engalnd, not in the SO house in California!!!

DeltaDarkStar 15 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaDarkStar Click to send private message to DeltaDarkStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
>I, for one, LOVE Antonia's spunk!
>To me, she's the realest
>person in the house. I
>love the fact that she's
>not totally enamored with the
>LCs. And I really love
>the fact that she sees
>herself as on their level.
>Sometimes Iyanla doesn't know what
>to do with her because
>she is so used to
>dealing with sheep that want
>simply to be herded. Antonia
>may be spoiled, financially bankrupt,
>and even some what immature,
>but she is no one's
>sheep, and she has got
>my respect for that. Besides,
>where is it written that
>you can't express a contrary
>opinion in that house? I
>know Rhonda and Iyanla aren't
>really used to it, but
>that's just because Antonia is
>just the first person who
>really does...and it makes me
>want to gag to even
>type this...but Antonia is the
>embodiment of standing in her
>truth. She knows who she
>is and despite her presence
>in the SO house,
>she seems to be pretty
>Ok with it. I think
>if Antonia learned some financial
>management skills, she'd be alright.
>The maturity part would come
>with life and experience.

VelvetElegance, you made me laugh out loud with the "sanding in her truth" comment. All of Antonia's issues aside, you're so right. This young woman may be spoiled, abrasive, and over her head in debt, but she is real, and she's no push over. I'm inclined to believe that most of her debt is student loan related, education is extremely expensive. I just completed my master's degree, and it cost me about $25,000. If she went to school away from her home state, it would have cost even more. I do hope that she gets her debt under control, in our society good credit is equivalent to a good reputation. In my opinion, other than her debt, as the youngest HG, Antonia is light years ahead of the other women. I agree with an earlier post that stated that Antonia is not like a sheep, blindly following the LCs. Once she's out of debt, and gets a real job, I'll bet Miss Antonia will be a force to be recogned with.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's

DeltaDarkStar

mgbear 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mgbear Click to send private message to mgbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I am surprised Iyanla hasn't chastised Antonia and Niamba for their mouths and 'its everyone elses fault not mine' attitude before. They also, which I hate to bring up, are starting to use the race issue as an excuse, which is not fair or even close. Maybe they should stop making up excuses and do what they need to do to correct their life situations.

05-13-06, 03:32 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
>I am surprised Iyanla hasn't chastised
>Antonia and Niamba for their
>mouths and 'its everyone elses
>fault not mine' attitude before.
> They also, which I
>hate to bring up, are
>starting to use the race
>issue as an excuse, which
>is not fair or even
>close. Maybe they should
>stop making up excuses and
>do what they need to
>do to correct their life
>situations.

I totally agree!!! They definitely bring the problems, but then want to put the blame for their actions or the way they treat people on everyone else! I too wonder why Iyanla has let it go on for so long!! Anyone else she is belittling and "putting" everyone else in their place, but yet she is babying both of these little girls all the way!!!

DeltaDarkStar 15 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaDarkStar Click to send private message to DeltaDarkStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
>I am surprised Iyanla hasn't chastised
>Antonia and Niamba for their
>mouths and 'its everyone elses
>fault not mine' attitude before.
> They also, which I
>hate to bring up, are
>starting to use the race
>issue as an excuse, which
>is not fair or even
>close. Maybe they should
>stop making up excuses and
>do what they need to
>do to correct their life
>situations.

I disagree with your post. Niambi made a comment once during group that she did not want to be perceived as the "angry black women." To my knowledge, Antonia has never made a comment about it at all. The HG who seems to be stuck on race is Christie. She took Niambi's comment and ran with it. Christie is the one who decided that she represented all "oppressive" (Christie's words) white women to Niambi. Christie only makes these type of comments in the privacy of the confessional, a rather cowardly approach in my opinion. Niambi does not seem to have a problem getting along with all of the other women in the house, and with the exception of Antonia, they're all white. Her problem is with Christie, not with white women in general, and she lets that be known. Christie, on the other hand, keeps the issue focused on race so that she does not have to "stand in the truth" of her own bitter, hateful, jealous, lazy attitude. Christie has no right to declare herself the spokesperson for all white women. As a women of color, I was insulted by Christie's comment. Niambi never intimated that she felt oppressed by all white women, Christie came up with that conclusion all on her own. Niambi has become Christie's Kim in my opinion. She didn't like Kim because she was pretty, educated, and thin, etc. I think she has the same feelings of envy when it comes to Niambi. Christie needs to get over herself!

DeltaDarkStar

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I find her highly entertaining. Some of the stuff she says is out of ignorance but I love the fact that she actually questions her life coaches and Dr Stan. She doesn't just parrot back what they want to hear. Sure she has a huge wall to break down but she has me laughing everytime she gets her assignment. Because she always has a comment about it.!

klone 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail klone Click to send private message to klone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Antonia’s mouth is going to get her kicked out"
I think in terms of the starting over drama, Antonia is great as comic relief. However, as a person, at least from the standpoint of the editing, she has not grown one bit. True, he assignment does not have to do with self discovery to a great degree. My guess, however, is that Antonia has no interest in becoming a better person because she thinks she is basically perfect as she is, thankl you very much. She has no empathy that does not seem to be fake. She is manipulative. She is "charming" when she wants to be, but I think her emotions are extremely shallow. She has no real sense of remorse for anything she does. She has such a huge sense of entitlement and is surprised when others don't percieve her as entitled. She thinks she shouldn't have to ask for help...she should just be entitled because she puts across an act of being so cute and puppyish. When she didn't get the help, she had to devalue the help because her act didn't work and she didn't want to be percieved as needing anything she didn't get. She beieves it is weakness to really ask for what she needs because needing something means that she doesn't have conrol. She would rather fail and be able to blame external circumstances than admit the she is in anyway not perfect.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •