The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

cleogrl 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cleogrl Click to send private message to cleogrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Antonia was required to paint a room, I believe. It wasn't an unmanageable task. Niambi helped her. Then both Antonia and Niambi have chips on their shoulders b/c the other houseguests didn't help. Why couldn't Antonia paint the room herself? I've painted plenty of rooms myself and I started painting when I was 14.

That girl is so lazy and entitled it's disgusting. And I'm really upset that Antonia isn't called on her entitlement by Iyanla. Instead, there has to be a full discussion about why Antonia feels this way and how better she could relanguage her needs.

Iyanla should have shut both of them up at the restaurant and told Antonia that she was given the task to complete and she needed to complete it herself. You ask for help when you can't get it done yourself in the time allowed. These aren't group projects.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How many people need to help An... EMTBGRL 05-11-06 1
 RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-11-06 2
 RE: How many people need to help An... TVFreak 05-11-06 3
   RE: How many people need to help An... SueNahMe 05-11-06 4
       RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-11-06 5
       RE: How many people need to help An... tracyc1166 05-11-06 19
   RE: How many people need to help An... GoodnightLittleBear 05-11-06 6
       RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-11-06 7
           RE: How many people need to help An... GoodnightLittleBear 05-11-06 8
           RE: How many people need to help An... Lanna42 05-11-06 10
               RE: How many people need to help An... GoodnightLittleBear 05-11-06 11
               RE: How many people need to help An... librarian 05-11-06 16
               RE: How many people need to help An... crazeec 05-11-06 26
       RE: How many people need to help An... mirage3033 05-11-06 9
           RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-11-06 12
           RE: How many people need to help An... BlueCollar Blonde 05-11-06 13
               RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-11-06 14
                   RE: How many people need to help An... annie828 05-11-06 28
               RE: How many people need to help An... techstyle 05-11-06 15
                   RE: How many people need to help An... sm2 05-11-06 18
               RE: How many people need to help An... librarian 05-11-06 17
                   RE: How many people need to help An... Juliejo 05-11-06 21
           RE: How many people need to help An... tracyc1166 05-11-06 20
               RE: How many people need to help An... phlinky 05-11-06 24
 RE: How many people need to help An... bentherdunthat 05-11-06 22
   RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-11-06 23
 RE: How many people need to help An... Redbud 05-11-06 25
   RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-11-06 27
       RE: How many people need to help An... tac_2 05-11-06 29
 RE: How many people need to help An... Avalanche 05-11-06 30
 RE: How many people need to help An... tvfun 05-11-06 31
 RE: How many people need to help An... sillybear 05-11-06 32
   RE: How many people need to help An... cronemoon 05-11-06 33
       RE: How many people need to help An... 2muchtv 05-11-06 34
           WARNING- 2muchtv mysticwolf 05-11-06 35
               RE: WARNING- 2muchtv SeasonedRefinement 05-11-06 40
                   Post removed mysticwolf 05-13-06 62
 RE: How many people need to help An... snowflake2 05-11-06 36
   RE: How many people need to help An... Cleverone 05-12-06 59
   RE: How many people need to help An... standinmytruth 05-13-06 66
 RE: How many people need to help An... horsewhisperer 05-11-06 37
 RE: How many people need to help An... standinmytruth 05-11-06 38
   RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-11-06 39
       RE: How many people need to help An... SeasonedRefinement 05-12-06 43
   RE: How many people need to help An... flower2 05-11-06 41
       RE: How many people need to help An... Boots12565 05-12-06 44
           RE: How many people need to help An... simpledimple 05-12-06 45
 RE: How many people need to help An... MizJazmine 05-12-06 46
   RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-12-06 47
   RE: How many people need to help An... SeasonedRefinement 05-12-06 50
   RE: How many people need to help An... Cleverone 05-13-06 60
 RE: How many people need to help An... cleogrl 05-12-06 48
   RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-12-06 49
       RE: How many people need to help An... cleogrl 05-12-06 51
           RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-12-06 52
               RE: How many people need to help An... techstyle 05-12-06 53
                   RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-12-06 54
                   RE: How many people need to help An... redheaded1 05-12-06 55
                       RE: How many people need to help An... Baxtera 05-12-06 56
                           RE: How many people need to help An... linrosin 05-12-06 57
                               RE: How many people need to help An... Cleverone 05-13-06 61
                               RE: How many people need to help An... klone 05-13-06 63
 RE: How many people need to help An... origsofan 05-12-06 58
 RE: How many people need to help An... KingJames 05-13-06 64
   RE: How many people need to help An... Twinkles 05-13-06 65
   RE: How many people need to help An... Madigan 05-14-06 67

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Yeah. It wasn't as if Antonia was told to paint the room in a mural!! THAT might have required some assistance. "Paint a room" is NOT that hard. Time requirement, yes. Difficult? No. I think she just wanted to nap instead.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
What did IV say to Antonia. I only heard the part where she told her that others may let her interupt them but she wasn't going to. Then I had to take a call and missed it.

My take on the situation prior to that was that as usual she started on the project too late, she got up late and didn't get a jump on the project. She worked like a slug, moaning and whining if you looked at how slow she was at putting the tape on she looked like a three year old trying to avoid putting on their PJ's to go to bed. Stall and someone will bail you out. She was able to draw Niambi into her drama which was stupid.

She was asked if she needed help, she said no. In my mind that's all that's required. You shouldn't be forced to force yourself on people to help them. Antonia wanted people to take over so she could be the foreman and tell the others what to do and not have to lift a finger to do the work herself. If they insisted on helping as oppose to her asking for help then she wouldn't be obliged to say she needed assistance.

Niambia the queen enabler got dragged into this one and stupidly got all angry because she agreed to help. Well good for her. She agreed to help why should she be angry she's helping and the others aren't?

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Why is AntoniDuh s o s l o w ? And so sleepy all the time? Her lack of enthusiasm (even the slightest bit) is mind boggling. Maybe while everyone else is out back smoking cigarettes, she's out front smokin' something else.

SueNahMe 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-11-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SueNahMe Click to send private message to SueNahMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

She's 24, why is she so tired and sleepy all the time? Maybe she stays up really late. She doesn't have to go to a job or anything, so why would she be so tired? Obviously, her mother did everything for her, and didn't teach her anything about responsibility. I think she's beginning to learn a little about being a responsible adult, but it's going to take a long time before she actually becomes one. But she is funny, though. She always has me laughing about something she says or does.

05-11-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

I love the way she screws up and blames it one everyone else that she can't get the work done and it's there fault.

Obviously IV planned Antonia's paining project to coincide with the arrival of Jodi's Mom which would mean Jodi would want to spend time with her Mom and the other HG might also want to meet her Mom and spend some down time with her. Also, Antonia waits until midday to get started with the project knowing they are going out to eat with Jodi's mom in the evening, time management isn't a strong suit. Does she really expect them to go downstairs shortly before going out to eat to help her?

I suspect IV wanted this little drama to unfold.

tracyc1166 0 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tracyc1166 Click to send private message to tracyc1166 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I think it is all of the food she eats. She always has a food buzz going on. Everytime they show her she is sleeping or eating. I guess she is not on her budget any longer.

Christie asked her several times if she needed help. Why is she bitching that she did not get help and then said she does not need help? Remember she is a "grown ##### woman!"

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Maybe she's afraid to go to sleep at night knowing there is a predator in their midst that may get a craving for chocolate.

05-11-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Let's be real she's probably out partying at night because she can't drink in the house. Did you see the pouty party she and Niambi threw when they weren't having drinks at Jodi's party?

05-11-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Since they can't seem to go anywhere in the minivan without a partner, I would assume she would be partying with Niambi. Niambi, being older, surprisingly seems to have a better tolerance for lack of sleep.

Actually I don't think they are allowed to go out and party. The only time I have seen anyone take off in the van without direct instruction from the LC's is XXXtina who left to get a pregnancy test.

Seriously though, as much as Jodi aggressively climbs into people's beds and after the comment to Antonia about liking chocolate, she may not be sleeping so well at night.

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
For some reason Antonia turns the simplest of tasks into big monumental deals.Measuring something or painting a room does not require that much skill or effort.In my opinion her beef was that she was pressed into hard labor as a painter.She would have much preferred that the housemates do it for her or largely for her.And her vulgar outburst at the dinner was the epitome of low class behavior.She keeps trying to pass herself off as a privately educated,well to do young woman.But she dresses and speaks and conducts herself like she is just the opposite. Money does not nessacarily equal class Antonia.

05-11-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
11. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
She's just another version of Lisa1. Lisa1 acted the exact same way. Vulgar outbursts when having to do a project, tried to use her "high-class", educated upbringing as an excuse as to why she couldn't do anything for herself.

<yawn> another uncreative moment from the producers of Starting Over.

librarian 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail librarian Click to send private message to librarian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Her behavior was low class and childish. And since you brought up her dress... her tacky copper sequined purse makes me crack up every time I see it!

crazeec 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazeec Click to send private message to crazeec Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
What a waste of money on education..(she says -I don't know anything about taxes and stuff like that??).........I would want my money back if I were her family - but that would be a long wait lol. Maybe her major was Major Mooching.

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Antonia was told at the beginning of the task that she was the crew chief and she had had housemates as her crew. guess no one told the other houseabroads about this. or were told to be difficult or told to just be their self absorbed selves. Who knows why she started so late. maybe she was picking up the paint. seems like just another dramatic setup for public failure. She did indicate she needed help, all she got was excuses. Why was everyone so pissed? Why did Dr. Stan make such a big deal about being black and then Christie whiningly says in confessional that Antonia is a angry Black woman. what does that make you Christie? A perpetually pissed off can't drink no more, not skinny white woman? for the first time I yelled at the TV. I told Christie to shut up! let's see how she gets when it comes to crunch time on the 5K.

05-11-06, 12:11 PM (EST)
12. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
If you have to paint a room by a certain time frame you get out of bed early in the morning and you assemble all the stuff you need and get started. I did miss part of the show so I didn't hear any instructions to the housemates about being required to be present as a crew and that Antonia would be the crew chief. That being said IV also planned a visit with Jodi's mother for Jodi and Christie is also under a time limit to get her 5K planned and up and going. So just when was Antonia or IV going to explain to the rest of the group about the task and their involvement/participation.

With Antonia's entitlement attitude I for one wouldn't have been rushing downstairs to help her. Did she expect the women to be down there prepping the room while she was sleeping since she didn't start the job until they were already involved with meeting Jodi's Mom and spending time with her? That would be poor planning on Antonia's part. As for Niambi she obviously enjoys having people abuse and mistreat her and then complain and moan about how hard it is because there was no reason for her to put up with Antonia's issues and then blame it on the HG. Just like there's no reason to put up with Situation Man and blame it on his girl friend.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
>Antonia was told at the beginning
>of the task that she
>was the crew chief and
>she had had housemates as
>her crew.
>guess no one told the
>other houseabroads about this.
> or were told to
>be difficult or told to
>just be their self absorbed
>selves. Who knows
>why she started so late.
> maybe she was picking
>up the paint.
> seems like just
>another dramatic setup for public
>failure. She
>did indicate she needed help,
> all she got
>was excuses.
>Why was everyone so pissed?
> Why did Dr. Stan
>make such a big deal
>about being black and then
>Christie whiningly says in confessional
>that Antonia is a angry
>Black woman.
>what does that make you
>Christie? A
>perpetually pissed off can't
>drink no more, not skinny
>white woman?
>for the first time I
>yelled at the TV.
> I told Christie to
>shut up! let's
>see how she gets when
>it comes to crunch time
>on the 5K.

I have to agree with you on this one. Antonia did ask for help and Christie and Sommer have no excuse other than they don't give a crap because it doesn't have to do with them. We all know of course that Chrisite and her 5K run will come off without a hitch and be just perfect because a) she has done nothing on her own since being in the house and b) RB would never let her fail because she's one of her select few that she's taken under her wing like Andy Paige.

05-11-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
14. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Actually at one point Christie, whom I rarely like or defend, went and asked her if she needed help and her answer was no. She then complained that they didn't go downstairs and check on her to see if she needed help. She was asked, she said no. Are they supposed to read her mind?

Niambi did ask when they were all getting ready to go out and the others said they weren't going to do it then. It seemed foolish to wait to the last moment with Niambi in a dress painting the walls.

annie828 0 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annie828 Click to send private message to annie828 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
>Actually at one point Christie, whom
>I rarely like or defend,
>went and asked her if
>she needed help and her
>answer was no.

Actually, she didn't say "no" she said as she was going out of the room..." sure, if you want" (it wasn't very loud, but Christie heard her. Christie, gave one of her snobby smirks.

And I'm sorry, but I am on Antonias side on this one, because Christie can't even "try" doing her own work...she never seems to "understand" her assignments, and needs others to help her or like in Jodi's case with the "interview" for her T-shirts....she didn't even know what her darn charity was...she copied "everything" Jodi said. She doesn't even have a mind of her own.

At least Antonia...went down their and worked her a$$ off doing her job, even knowing she had a lot to do. Christie would have been down their wining like a big baby. JMO

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Antonia is not "chocolate" she is a very fair woman of color. Chocolate is a popular color term in the design field, a color many people are turning to. A color term used everyday, many people do say "I love chocolate", also it a very good description of the shade of brown so popular right now. (but I agree ,VERY FUNNY the way it came out.) I think Antonia wanted a paint party but no one but Niambi showed up, so....she "cried" 'cause she wanted to.

sm2 130 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sm2 Click to send private message to sm2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Lets see why Antonia was so late in starting her project. First she gets up late, then has breakfast. Then she has to nap to get ready to go get the paint. Then she has to nap before she can put the tape on the molding. Then she has to nap before she can put the rollers together and get the paint to the guest room. Then she has to nap before she can paint..........hence, starting late. She was probably mad because she had to work and wanted to nap before they went out to dinner.

librarian 57 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail librarian Click to send private message to librarian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
i distinctly remember Christie asking Antonia if she needed help, and she replied "no". If I was Christie I would have taken that to mean she didn't need help, not that I needed to beg to help her or do it anyhow.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Christie didnt help paint the room because she is as lazy as Antonia is. She only helps Christie.
I dont' know why Naimbi is so angry at Christie but I suppose that will all come out in the wash, next week. Antonia was set-up I am sure for the room to be painted just when "Take over Jodi's" mother arrives. Otherwise Jodi would have had the room finished and completed in time for the party. As it was her mother was there. So Antonia and Niambi paint and gossip about all the other's. I dont' know why Sommer didnt help? No one said why she didnt help. But, the task was Antonia's and she is entitled and she expected the other HM to complete the job of painting for her. How hard can painting a room be? I have done it lots of time and its not that bad. Antonia is a spoiled BRAT. She needs someone to teach ehr a lesson or two. Iylanda handled the situation in the resturant very well indeed.

tracyc1166 0 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tracyc1166 Click to send private message to tracyc1166 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-06 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Antonia was told at the beginning of the task that she was the crew chief and she had had housemates as her crew. guess no one told the other houseabroads about this. or were told to be difficult or told to just be their self absorbed selves. Who knows why she started so late. maybe she was picking up the paint. seems like just another dramatic setup for public failure. She did indicate she needed help, all she got was excuses. Why was everyone so pissed? Why did Dr. Stan make such a big deal about being black and then Christie whiningly says in confessional that Antonia is a angry Black woman. what does that make you Christie? A perpetually pissed off can't drink no more, not skinny white woman? for the first time I yelled at the TV. I told Christie to shut up! let's see how she gets when it comes to crunch time on the 5K.

I thought she was talking about Nambi in the confessional. Antonia was told she was the crew chief but when people asked her if she needed help she said no. She said at dinner that she expected everyone to just come in and do the work. I guess she needed another nap.

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
One thing is for sure, at the dinner, if Niambi and Antonia or anyone else for that matter wanted a drink, they should have had one. In the real world, Christie is going to be surrounded by people who drink.

As long as no one brought the alcohol into the house and they drank it at dinner, than that is fine. I think they needed more ammo against Christie. This is why they didn't succumb.

Sommer should have gotten off her a@@ and helped or shown more support. I understand Christie was busy and offered to help. But, IV was so correct in that Niambi was jumping on the bandwagon. Don't help and then throw it in the others faces. Yes, that discussion should not have taken place over at dinner. But what we didn't see is all the comments between Niambi and Antonia under their breath at dinner.

I think Antonia's lack of maturity reared it's head. She is so self-righteous and smug that she did not need anyone's help. Hello.....then why wasn't the room started earlier and completed. I would love to take a tweezer and pluck every hair off her face!

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I agree wholeheartedly. Antonia was asked if she needed some help and she said NO and then got angry because the other houseguests didn't DEMAND to help. How childish can you be? Were they supposed to read her mind?
Did you catch how she just smirked and rolled her shoulders while Iyanla was dressing her down at the restaraunt? Just like a belligerant teenager. The fact is that Antonia is under the gun now because ANTONIA didn't do what she was supposed to. So far in each of her assignments she's blamed everyone... Doctah Stan, Iyahnlah, the howsmates, the butchah, the bakah, the candlestick makah..everyone that is, except Antonia. Just like with her bills..of course it isn't HER fault. It's the credit caahd companies and the stores fault she's in debt (oh and of course her fahtha's fault). She's so spoiled and shallow it's apalling. I nearly died laughing when she was talking to her friend about the redecorating assignment and told her "I have to redecorate the guest room so I'll know how to do it when I get out of here and get my own apahtment." Does shereally think that's the point of this excercise? Could she be that dim? She needs to hook up with Lisa1.Seriously.

05-11-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
She had an assignment with a specific time limit to complete. Instead of getting up and getting started she decided to sleep. Then she decided to complain. When others asked her if she needed help she said no. Well hey all they are required to do is ask they shouldn't have to demand the right to help her.

She had no furniture to move, nothing that required more than one person alone to complete. Yes, more people would have made the work go faster. However, getting her but out of bed at a normal hour and she would have had the work done by dinner, easily.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
>Antonia was required to paint a
>room, I believe. It
>wasn't an unmanageable task.
>Niambi helped her. Then
>both Antonia and Niambi have
>chips on their shoulders b/c
>the other houseguests didn't help.
> Why couldn't Antonia paint
>the room herself?

To answer your question "How many people need to help Antonia with projects?" The answer is: as many as necessary to cover all tasks so that Antonia has to do NOTHING.

05-11-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
27. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Antonia should be allowed to fall flat on her face and realize the error of her ways. It's the only way for some people to learn responsibilty. This child needs tough love and enabling her by bailing her out only lengthens the time it will take for her to learn that lesson. She takes nothing seriously and expects that she is entitled to have others wait on her hand and foot. She expected the others would come down and check on her to see if she needed help. Who does she think she is?

More importantly when has she put herself out to help anyone else in that house who then failed to help her in return?

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-11-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I lost interest in Antonia almost from day one but I did pay attention to her little drama today. I'd say, considering her personality and (apparent) cluelessness about money the project was a doomed failure from the get. So even if all the hg's pitched in to help, even the entire neighborhood, Antonia would still be pissed because she'd actually have to stop whining.

Avalanche 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Avalanche Click to send private message to Avalanche Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"

Iyanla said to Antonia "I'm giving you a small interior design company. You've got 5 employees, and I'm going to give you a budget to work with. And, I'm hiring your comnpany to re-design the guest room. And all you have to do is work within your budget and re-design the guest room."

how I like it? Mmm hmmm

And you're going to get some really really great help from an interior designer, all right, and you're going to do it as though you're running the company, so you're in charge - you're in charge."

Now to me, the definition of "employee" is that my superior has certain expectations of me, and my expectation is that I will be paid a certain salary in return for meeting the demands of my job. Antonia failed to see this distinction - meaning that if she wanted her "employees" to help her, she was responsible for planning in such a way that she could pay for the materials, the taxes, AND the cost of labour all within her budget.

Of course, we don't know if iyanla told the housemates only to help Antonia if she offered to pay them , or if she did not even tell them about the assignment. It is, however, quite clear that Antonia expected the others to help her without her having to give them anything in return.

And, in her usual fashion, Iyanla gave an assignment phrased in such a way that misinterpretation (and therefore more conflama) was likely! I don't think the housemates owed it to Antonia to help her, especially since she hasn't done a bloody thing for any of them.

So to me, Iyanla gets a little of the blame for her airy-fairy explanations, but Antonia gets most of the blame because she still has a responsibility to herself to do her own work rather than always waiting for (and expecting) everyone else to bail her out while she is ever so busy having a nap!

tvfun 80 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvfun Click to send private message to tvfun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
"Iyanla should have shut both of them up at the restaurant and told Antonia that she was given the task to complete and she needed to complete it herself. You ask for help when you can't get it done yourself in the time allowed. These aren't group projects."
--------------------------------

Iyanla told Antonia that the house mates could help her, but she was in charge.

Regardless how lazy or how late she got started, this is a "house" a support team. Summer had her dance lesson, Jodi had her mom in town, but what about the fat lazy Christie? Why couldn't she get up of her lazy butt and help out...yeah, she has her 5K to work on, but how much of that did she really do by herself anyway. Seems like she more support for a project she was told to do on her own.

I just think unless the house was told NOT to help Antonia, that they could of "offered" her the support. Yes she could of asked, but she didn't.

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I say if Antonia wanted some help she should have asked straight up.She should not whine if she does not ask.I always try to ask for what I need.I may not get it LOL but I ask.I wonder even if she did ask Christie if she would have helped.Christie IMO seems to into her own issues and does not seem to have the time or patience for anyone else.

cronemoon 86 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cronemoon Click to send private message to cronemoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
the paint should have been picked up the day before
too many naps

the rest of us in the REAL WORLD
work full time and part time and do major projects like these
well into the midnight hours..

that what ALARM CLOCKS and HOT COFFEE are for..

this spoiled brat will expect everyone to do her work
for her for the rest of her life..

shes a LEECH..she sucks the system dry..goes for the loop holes
plays the blame game and is worthless as a worker..

maybe some JAIL TIME for not paying her debts and defrauding merchants will shake her up..

2muchtv 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 2muchtv Click to send private message to 2muchtv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
wow....so tuff on antonia everyone? hmmph?
this is the real problem- she is painting a room, people!
yes, she cud do it by herself and yes, the other 2 are sitting around disregarding how much assistance they've received during their time there. those women have mental issues they are there cause the need the support!!!! yes she may have a hint of entitlement...which comes from the same place where christie comes from that believes that she can receive help from everyone else but passively offer assistance to someone like antonia.
this is why niambi is angry. she was berated for not being a support to everyone - and now when christie is exposed for her lack of support for a fellow housemate- she is a lily flower who has done nothing wrong? i new something derogatory was going to fall from her "entitled" lips. it's funny how white women never see their snobbery (Racism!)

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "WARNING- 2muchtv"
#1 - Per our guidelines, posters may be as "tuff" on the show and show participants as they like. You may not bash them for being so.

#2 - Your final statement and call of racism is out of line. We don't permit that behavior here - from you or anyone else.

If "2muchtv" is an issue may I suggest a diversion? Like reading the guidelines you agreed to abide by when you signed up for your account?

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: WARNING- 2muchtv"
Mystic - Off topic, but I LOVE that signature. Just beautiful!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Post removed"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-06 AT 01:13 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-13-06 AT 01:01 AM (EST)

Backsassing a mod for a warning is not a good idea if you wish to continue to post here.

And, SR? Thank you. I think it's beautiful, too. Tribe does excellent work.

Edited to clarify my initial warning - in case anyone didn't "get it": You may make whatever fun of the show & HG's you wish. You may not generalize, stereotype, or bash groups based upon them. Period.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
When Iyanla first gave Antonia this assignment, she said she was giving Antonia an "interior design business", "FIVE employees", and a $10,000 budget, which in Iyanla-speak, simply meant the decorating assignment, with the other 5 HG's to help.

Christie very half-heartedly asked Antonia if she needed help (you could tell lazy-@ssed Christie did not really want to help)...Antonia did not say no, she called out, "if you want...." over her shoulder as she walked out of the room. Christie kind of made a face. (I personally think Christie has absolutely no interest in doing anything that is not directly related to herself.) Instead, Christie spends her time getting dressed in a leopard-print tent and having her picture taken.

Christie chose to bring the issue up at the dinner with Jodi's mom, instead of waiting for a better moment. Antonia could have presented her case in a better way, but then again, it's Christie, not Antonia, who is always presenting herself in the "mentor" role, and spouting off about how many "tools" she's acquired, and how much she's grown. For someone who thinks she is in a position to "life coach" everyone, Christie is astoundingly immature.

Antonia may have entitlement issues, but let's not forget that Christie is a decade older than Antonia, and by her own admission, doesn't have a job or any money, so Christie doesn't really have a right to "look down on" Antonia's issues. At least Antonia is not spending her 20's drinking and drugging herself out of her mind, or participating in violent relationships. (LOL, ok, that we know of.)

I can see Antonia's and Niambi's point...Christie expects the MOST support, but gives the least. Christie is a taker. The only "support" she is interested in giving is insults and condemnation in the guise of "compassion" and concern.

In contrast to actually having to paint a room, all of Christie's "work" for the 5K consisted of putting on a pair of gaucho pants and meeting with people SO has already pre-arranged to do the actual work: Name of the run? Pre-arranged. Sponsors? Pre-arranged. T-shirt donations? Pre-arranged. Logo and graphic design? Pre-arranged. And Christie STILL has to ask constantly ask Jodi what to do and say!!

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
>When Iyanla first gave Antonia this
>assignment, she said she was
>giving Antonia an "interior design
>business", "FIVE employees", and a
>$10,000 budget, which in Iyanla-speak,
>simply meant the decorating assignment,
>with the other 5 HG's
>to help.
>
>Christie very half-heartedly asked Antonia if
>she needed help (you could
>tell lazy-@ssed Christie did not
>really want to help)...Antonia did
>not say no, she called
>out, "if you want...." over
>her shoulder as she walked
>out of the room.
>Christie kind of made a
>face. (I personally think Christie
>has absolutely no interest in
>doing anything that is not
>directly related to herself.)
>Instead, Christie spends her time
>getting dressed in a leopard-print
>tent and having her picture
>taken.
>
>Christie chose to bring the issue
>up at the dinner with
>Jodi's mom, instead of waiting
>for a better moment.
>Antonia could have presented her
>case in a better way,
>but then again, it's Christie,
>not Antonia, who is always
>presenting herself in the "mentor"
>role, and spouting off about
>how many "tools" she's acquired,
>and how much she's grown.
>For someone who thinks she
>is in a position to
>"life coach" everyone, Christie is
>astoundingly immature.
>
>Antonia may have entitlement issues, but
>let's not forget that Christie
>is a decade older than
>Antonia, and by her own
>admission, doesn't have a job
>or any money, so Christie
>doesn't really have a right
>to "look down on" Antonia's
>issues. At least Antonia
>is not spending her 20's
>drinking and drugging herself out
>of her mind, or participating
>in violent relationships. (LOL,
>ok, that we know of.)
>
>
>I can see Antonia's and Niambi's
>point...Christie expects the MOST support,
>but gives the least.
>Christie is a taker.
>The only "support" she is
>interested in giving is insults
>and condemnation in the guise
>of "compassion" and concern.
>
>In contrast to actually having to
>paint a room, all of
>Christie's "work" for the 5K
>consisted of putting on a
>pair of gaucho pants and
>meeting with people SO has
>already pre-arranged to do the
>actual work: Name of
>the run? Pre-arranged.
>Sponsors? Pre-arranged. T-shirt
>donations? Pre-arranged. Logo
>and graphic design? Pre-arranged.
> And Christie STILL has
>to ask constantly ask Jodi
>what to do and say!!
>
>
>
>

BRAVO!!!!! Very Well Said...I just posted on another thread the exact same sentiments.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Snowflake, I completely agree except that you left out how much hard work it is for Christie to also carry that way oversized hand bag to each "business" meeting. I don't know anyone over the age of 22 that has such a trendy bag. Does she think she is one of the Olson twins? I guess she needs something equally preconscious to balance of the high intellect glasses.

horsewhisperer 95 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail horsewhisperer Click to send private message to horsewhisperer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Jeeze, she only had to paint a room. Why turn everything into a friggin "issue"? I hope this is the biggest problem she ever has in her life. God only knows what would happen if she suddenly had to be responsible, accountable or mature.
PLUS, did you see how they were painting the room? I could have done a better job blind-folded, and delerious!
Dana

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
>Antonia was required to paint a
>room, I believe. It
>wasn't an unmanageable task.
>Niambi helped her. Then
>both Antonia and Niambi have
>chips on their shoulders b/c
>the other houseguests didn't help.
> Why couldn't Antonia paint
>the room herself? I've
>painted plenty of rooms myself
>and I started painting when
>I was 14.
>
>That girl is so lazy and
>entitled it's disgusting. And
>I'm really upset that Antonia
>isn't called on her entitlement
>by Iyanla. Instead, there
>has to be a full
>discussion about why Antonia feels
>this way and how better
>she could relanguage her needs.
>
>
>Iyanla should have shut both of
>them up at the restaurant
>and told Antonia that she
>was given the task to
>complete and she needed to
>complete it herself. You
>ask for help when you
>can't get it done yourself
>in the time allowed.
>These aren't group projects.

hmm...let's see...help antonia paint for 2 hours or help christie make a 3rd grade level flyer for over 2 weeks? how is antonia the lazy one. who has the sense of entitlement? remember, antonia did NOT ask for help. christie can bearly wipe her own @ss

05-11-06, 10:04 PM (EST)
39. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Antonia had to paint a room it really isn't a huge challenge. If IV told her she had employees she didn't say volunteers which meant there was some expectation that Antonia had to manage the employees and provide compensation for their work not just cop an attitude and expect everyone to bail her out because she mouths off. An employer doesn't take off without talking to people, explaining what needs to be done and hiring the staff to work and telling them what hours they need to be there and how long they'll need to work to complete the task and even finding out when they'll be available to work.

Not the entitlement queen. She just figures everyone will rush in to rescue her regardless of the fact she's never done a darn thing to help one person in that house and has definitly copped an attitude with everyone.

Perhaps next time she will learn to ask for clarification from IV about what she is supposed to do and find out what kind of help she is supposed to get.

She also might want to think about getting her but out of bed and actually doing the work assigned to her and communicating instead of copping an attitude with her housemates when she needs their assistance.

05-12-06, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I won't even pretend that Antonia handled this project efficiently. She didn't. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Iyanla knew she was overwhelming this girl with a $10,000 budget and a "design business". Hey, I would have LOVED that assignment, but if I was in the SOH, I wouldn't have gotten it. You have to dislike the assignments to get them.

I know that Antonia has a big mouth, and I know people find her to be classless, tacky, rude, and filled with entitlement issues. I see her as an unsophisticated kid with a lot of growing up to do. She isn't like Christina, who, by 22 had lived, and lived, and lived (married/mother/divorced/con job/chip hustler/stripper/hooker/artist/hat maker/actress/e-bay entrepreneur). There are great aspects of Antonia's personality. They need to be refined, but not removed. For example, she needs to keep questioning psychological or spiritual ideas and principles that are presented to her if they feel wrong. Just because Iyanla, or anybody, tells her something doesn't make it true. That's a real strength in her.

As far as today's show, I don't think painting a room with a coat of primer and two coats of paint is easy. It isn't an impossible job, but it is time consuming and the prep work is very important. I painted more than a few rooms in my 20's, and I always welcomed help, but I didn't like asking for it either. Beside that, Antonia also had to de-paint her hair, shower, and be dressed to go out to dinner by 7:15PM. That's the part I thought was unfair. Not too many people that I know feel like dressing for dinner after spending the day doing manual labor. Now Antonia knows what's involved in painting a room. Wow. Important life lesson.

What would have been a far more valuable and lasting lesson would have been a lesson of the heart. Instead of Christie and Sommer espousing their legalist refrains of "you didn't ASK for support", it would have been wonderful to see either of them put on work clothes and just show up. Show up because without their support, Antonia was more likely to fail. Show up because that's what older women mentoring younger women do. Show up because they could have seized the opportunity to say, "hey, we WANT you to succeed".

I guess what bothers me are the countless images that I can conjure of these women falling over each other when it's time to decorate the room for a party, or how they all gather when one of them has an interesting story to tell. But when it comes to giving "support" that is more than verbal, they do tend to scatter to the four corners of the earth.

BTW, where was "Sommer the Good", the world's most boring actress, today? Practicing her two-steppin' routine - for eight hours? And Christie? Was she versing herself "inside and out" on the mission statement of "Step-Up"? (what an incompetent coordinator...she needs Jodi to tell her that she should be able to easily articulate SU's mission statement to potential sponsors?) Snowflake makes a good point about this 5K race - a race that Christie will undoubtedly gush over when it's done ("It was such a challenge, I worked soooo hard, blah, blah, blah"), but a lot of the work has been done by other people. And she gets Jodi as her personal assistant on the 5K, even after Jodi graduates.

So Antonia and Niambi were wrong. So Christie and Sommer were right. Now let's look at the result of their "rightness": battlelines are drawn, two women are scoffing about the SO support system, and Christie has plenty of new ammo for her confessional moments.

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Snowflake and 2muchtv,

You're both right about Antonia and Christie. Christie is the most lazy, self righteous, entitled person in the house. She never offers to support anyone else and is totally clueless when it comes to doing her own tasks. I can't think of anything she has done on her own. She got bent out of shape because Antonia didn't ask for her help. That's what she really wants---someone to need and validate her. Low self esteem is such an ugly thing.

I feel too, that Iyanla seems to set Antonia up. Once again, she was only given 2 days to complete a complex assignment. Antonia's day actually began with her selecting the paint. She then was told to paint one coat of primer and 2 coats of paint, in addition to painting 2 doors, the shutters, windows and all of the wood work in the room. Between all of this painting, she had to wait until it dried. Now come on. I know I would have had some difficulty doing all of that in one day. Iyanla also knew that she'd have to attend the dinner with Jodi's mother and will also attend the graduation tomorrow. Both events will subtract time from Antonia's assignment. I hope she completes it in spite of all of the obstacles and the lack of support she's received.

Hey, 2muchtv!!! Welcome to the boards!!

Boots12565 195 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boots12565 Click to send private message to Boots12565 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 00:40 AM (EST)

O.K.-I saw the episode today when Christie asked Antonia if she needed help-Antonia said -And I Quote-"If You Want"-Christie -then made a face -AND next we see shes hugging on Jodi!Christie is a lazy BEYOTCH!!!She should have got up off her FAT A$$ & Helped Antonia!!!Christie is a Pompous-Self-Righteous-FAKE A$$ PERSON!!!JMHO-PEACE P.S.-Somebody get me MY Bucket!!!

simpledimple 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simpledimple Click to send private message to simpledimple Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I saw that Christie did ask if Antonia needed help. She didn't have to, but she did, and that was good!

Another thing, and I am not sure if it was mentioned as I have yet to read all the posts here, but I do remember distinctly Iyanla telling Antonia that she had a "staff", as she was the boss on this job, she had 5 staff members. Why didn't Iyanla remind her of that fact at the dinner conflama? It was Antonia's onus to "hire" her help and manage that...not a good manager of time , money or people, is she?

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
First let me say, out of everybody there Jodi and her mother are really due an apology period. Not to defend the outburst at dinner, I understood both Niambi and Antonia's position in the disagreement. They both have different reasons to be angry with Christie. To me both Christie and Sommer lied. They didn't want to help Antonia and that's all that's to it, and both Antonia and Niambi knew it. The SOH is supposed to be a place where the hg's are supposed to be supportive and not selfish, and all of them know that. To me by the mere virtue of what the SOH stands for, it was wrong what Christie and Sommer did. I would have thought Sommer would have picked up a brush just because.

To me many times Christie puts up a front like she's "giving", but she's really not. To some degree Christie will demand to be supported. Even though they were away from the house, it was because of Christie that the non-alcohol policy was extended to a public place! I felt like if anybody had wanted to have a drink, they should have had one, and Christie could have been supported by the ones that did not drink. That's the way it is in the real world. The choice to drink in a public place should not have been taken from the other hg's IMO. I truly give Niambi and Antonia credit for NOT ordering a drink or a coupla drinks just to spite Christie, but rather "supported" her by not doing so. See Christie will have her support even if that means taking away choice from other people. IMO there is a selfishness to Christie. She is fine with support as long as it's for her.

Christie has been doing this "thing" lately acting like she's omniscient or something, when in fact she's anything but. She just really needs to shut up and get out of the camera. Christie's little commentaries are really getting on my nerves! I find them rude and uncalled for. Yes Antonia is immature and all that, Niambi gots her mess, but Christie is the one for whatever reason seems to think that she's superior. What she could possibly be basing this on, I don't know...I really don't. Who is Christie to tell ANYBODY to grow up when she herself is in the process of doing so.

To me Christie camouflages and psychobabbles a lot of her garbage, but it still stinks. Even her response to Antonia was crap! Are you kidding me? It was almost like Christie went into some kinda "Stepford" mode or something. It was weird and insincere at best. I don't blame Antonia one bit for her take on Christie right now. It is good to know when someone is pretending to be something that they're not.

As crazy as it may seem, I think Christie envy's anybody who hasn't gone down the roads that she has. Antonia & Niambi combined may be a lot of things, but to my knowledge they're not "sloppy drunks".

05-12-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
47. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
The very simple fact is that it was Antonia's responsiblity and assignment to get the project organized and together. The fact that she is such a pain in the behind to work with and never supported anyone else and been rude to people since the first day she got there is her own fault. Others have gotten support and they given it too. Antonia fails to generate support because she shoots off her mouth and give attitude every chance she gets. Helping her is like trying to help a porcupine, your bound to get hurt in the process and for what? She has no gratitude or appreciation for anything anyone has ever done for her spoiled self.

Letting her fall on her face is what she needs. She needs to know when you sleep half the day and you don't finish the job there are consequences. The magic faires don't come in and bail you out. Just like Christie won't have magic achol faires removing achol from every where she goes people won't magically come in and complete Antonia's work for her when she sleeps half the day away because she's too lazy to get herself out of bed and actually do anything other than moan, whine and complain about how hard it is to be her.

I'll be glad to see both of their whiny buts gone.

05-12-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
50. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Excellent post, MizJazmine. Every line makes perfect sense to me. SO is, in theory, a show about women helping women. Christie is an addict, and selfishness goes with her territory. But the amount of self-righteousness she displays is completely out of proportion to the amount of time she's been on the wagon. She would do well to remember that pride does come before a fall. At least she won't be surprised to find herself eating dirt.

There is something you mentioned that I missed while watching the show. You're right. I think Niambi and Antonia deserve credit for not ordering a cocktail just to spite the witch across the table. I would have strongly considered it if I had been in their positions.

And yes, Jodi and her mother deserve an apology. Christie or Sommer, whoever brought it up, should have had the decorum to leave it alone for the time being.

05-13-06, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Beautiful post MizJazmine....your points are on cue, especially:

"To me many times Christie puts up a front like she's "giving", but she's really not. To some degree Christie will demand to be supported. Even though they were away from the house, it was because of Christie that the non-alcohol policy was extended to a public place! I felt like if anybody had wanted to have a drink, they should have had one, and Christie could have been supported by the ones that did not drink. That's the way it is in the real world. The choice to drink in a public place should not have been taken from the other hg's IMO. I truly give Niambi and Antonia credit for NOT ordering a drink or a coupla drinks just to spite Christie, but rather "supported" her by not doing so. See Christie will have her support even if that means taking away choice from other people. IMO there is a selfishness to Christie. She is fine with support as long as it's for her."

...and SR...at first, I thought that Niambi and Antonia were wrong considering that Antonia was suppose "to have a staff" and she was negligent in employing them... "except", they all had assignments and Antonia (IMO) didn't want to demand that they help because of their other assignments, however, (IMO) I believe she would have appreciated any amount of help or a jester of help they would've offered (especially, because they were sitting on their a$$es waiting on her to finish so they could go to dinner...she was "compassionate" towards them and they didn't seem to care about her issue).

After the full impact of the issue came out today, I changed my mind. Christie has set herself up as an elder HG and mentor, but she only mentors when it supports her. It was very obvious what Christie was all about and that slam of "the angry black woman" was revealing. Niambi was an "angry woman" who happened to be "black"...Christie opened up this can of worms when she insisted that Niambi "air" her feelings because it was killing Christie that she couldn't control Niambi with her "compassion"...Niambi wasn't buying it.

I commented on another thread that Christie has jealousy issues and is dramatically lazy. I noticed and commented about this "non-support issue of Christie's" when they had the home repairs exercise....she didn't take the initiative and got mad at Jodie and blamed her...when she was the one who lingered back because she's soooo insecure....and although Jodie likes to control...this was not her problem ....it was clearly Christie's.

05-12-06, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cleogrl Click to send private message to cleogrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Sorry, but I think everyone gets off the point by pointing out what each houseguest had to do over the last day or days and comparing them to what Antonia had to do.

I didn't see where IV told Antonia that she was the leader and had 5 members of crew to work with. I do know that IV didn't mention that to the other houseguests, so they didn't know. It was Antonia's responsibility to coordinate with the other ladies to see if she could get help.

Antonia was asked if she needed help by other houseguests and she waved them off. Antonia did sleep late and got a late start to the project. Niambi helped her, so she did have help. How difficult is it for 2 women to prime and paint a wall? I've painted a room by myself and btw....no one just assumes you need help and steps in and starts helping. You have to ask for help.

The project was overwhelming b/c Antonia didn't get an early start and was rushed. She was cranky about having to do the work and pulled Niambi into the job, who shared her crankiness. The other women were upstairs and it was Antonia's job to go up and get them if the job was unmanageable. Instead, she mismanaged her time and then didn't get help when she needed to.

BTW...I wouldn't want to jump into a painting assignment last minute, 20 minutes before leaving for dinner. No one would.

05-12-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
49. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 08:29 AM (EST)

It's time for Antonia to stop blaming the world for her inability to get started in life. If there is a reason for it some posters have mentioned they think she's depressed have Dr. Stan send her off for an evaluation. If my elementary age nephews and neices can set an alarm and get out of bed to get dressed and ready for school on time every day I think Ms. Antonia knowing this was an important project probably could have found an alarm clock in the house and set it so she could get up and get started on the project at a reasonable hour.

Watching the effort she put into taping the walls if she actually had worked at it instead of whining and laying around pretending to work she could easily have saved herself hours of wasted moaning time. The tape is easily applied to the wall and run the length of the wall. Why she was cutting small pieces and languidly sliding them onto the walls I'll never understand. She looked like a teenager trying to get her parents to let her out of a project by doing a bad job on it. I'm sure she's tried the technique with Mom on more than one occasion only to have Mom take over and do it herself.

Taping, setting up drop clothes and priming isn't really all that hard folks especially when there is no furniture to move, etc. It's much easier in an empty room.

05-12-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
51. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Yeah, and Antonia had another tough day of work with the room. Lets see...she had to walk out with the interior designer and greet the guys delivering the furniture. The guys carried everything into the room while Antonia stood around with the designer. The designer measured everything for her.

In the end, Antonia was seen banging a nail into the wall to hang a picture. Wow...I've personally have never worked that hard myself. That chip on her shoulder is certainly well-deserved.

05-12-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
52. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I'm not sure how she handles all the stress.

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
How many people need to help Antonia with projects? Just the amount of people she hasn'nt been rude to. The day she dares to fight with Niambi ( who by the way I don't know what she thinks she has in common with Antonia) is the day of some very good television watching.

05-12-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
54. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
She'll never learn as long as people continue to enable her to continue not to learn. Natural consequences are the quickest way to teach people about cause and effect. She chose not to get her but out of bed the effect is she didn't get people to help her and she failed in her assignment. It's pretty easy to figure out. If the HG had all rescued her the message would be I sleep late, I whine and cry, and people do it all for me. Life is good when your a leech.

redheaded1 33 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded1 Click to send private message to redheaded1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Christie DID ask Antonia if she needed any help and Antonia (with her back turned and walking away from Christie) said in a whinny whimpy voice... if you want. That doesn't sound too much like she even wanted her help, much less really needed it. Then later gets mad that no one helped her and rants on about Antonia don't need sh** from anyone. Who the he11 would want to help her after her little attitude. I say paint the damn thing yourself and enjoy!!

I like Antonia, but sometimes her immaturity and thst HUGE attitude of hers, gets to be a bit much.

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

05-12-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
56. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
With that attitude why would anyone want to help that brat? She tells people off, treats them like garbage and then miraculously thinks they'll all run to help her when the going gets tough. If that is what she's been taught in life then she is definitly do for a wake up call by IV.

linrosin 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail linrosin Click to send private message to linrosin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I've read a lot of opinions about Antonia's project, and my observation was that IV gave her this project to see how her managemnt skills are. She was "hired" with 5 "employees". If it was my job, the first thing is that you have a sit down with everyone who is involved, and map out a plan. Antonia gets to go shopping with her budget, never making a plan of how much $ was to go for furniture, accessories, paint and to pay employees. First, she wanders around with the tape measure saying "I don't know how to measure a room, I never done this before". Come on,with a little common sense, anyone can figure that out. If she can't, either ask someone or look it up on the web!! She should have asked the HM what each one would like to do, whether paining, taping the windows or painting the trim. She could have brought some cookies and they all could have had a painting party. If it was fun, I'm sure Jodi's Mom would have even wanted to help. Hasn't anyone ever read Tom Sawyer!! Even if she went downstairs, put one some good music, started singing while she was working, (instead of complaining) the other womem may have come down to see what was going on.
Linda

05-13-06, 00:37 AM (EST)
61. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Okay, so now, we know Antonia doesn't have a mastery of management skills...was that a "light-bulb moment"...she barely knows anything about life, however, in her short time in the house she's has shown more "compassion" than the "Master Christie"...Antonia's error in judgement came in her manner of thinking that everyone would live by the golden rule and come help her....shows her level of immaturity.

I've painted before and it's not an easy job (or maybe I'm too meticulous) and is time consuming. In spite of Antonia's late start, which was her own fault, when they realized they were going to dinner...they could have pitched in...and not getting messed up 20 minutes before dinner wasn't a good excuse because they still had to wait on them to get ready. Had she not been expected to attend the dinner to "support" her HM's, none of this would be at issue...sometimes it appears as if everything is taking place at the same time...I don't know how they get anything accomplished.

klone 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail klone Click to send private message to klone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I think that the posters who commented on the design company element of the assignment are absolutely correct. Antonia's task was not just to go out and spend $10,000 at Ethen Allen. Instead of taking on the project, she basically indulged herself in a shopping spree. Oh, and, BTW, she had to get a room painted because that was the only thing that the design experts and EA couldn't do for her. I'm only surprised that she didn't pick a color scheme that would have gone with the existing paint in the room! The only help I remember her getting was with Jodi and the paint colors...but there was no sense of her otherwise recruiting others into the project, much the less offering to pay them for their help. Antonmia obviously never made the leap from "paying " the HG's for services with fake money to making them her employees with rel $. When the delivery truck rolled up, she even had to ask, "How much did it finally come to?" All that she really seemed to learn was that there are professional people who will take over a project for you if you pay for it. Seemed to me to be a negative lesson for someone who is unlikely to have $10,000 to spend on a single room in the near future. To get bent out of shape about some sweat equity to deal with poor planning on her part just shows her character defects.

origsofan 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail origsofan Click to send private message to origsofan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
I also thought the same. I've painted small rooms in a couple of hours myself and did a good job. What's the deal? Get over it Antonia, you want help ask instead of the passive aggressive stuff, so juvenile. If not, get off your butt and paint.

KingJames 26 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KingJames Click to send private message to KingJames Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
After reading all these comments, I have to say
Does any one remember Antonia saying "Antoina Don't ask for help!"
I think the house mates were wrong to not hlep. The support should be there for everyone.
But I think Antonia was wrong for starting so late, & not "hireing" her crew.
I too, have painted thousands of room, & don't feel it is a big deal, but I would have hated painting those shutters.
And what was with Niambi painting in that skirt? Now that was stupid!
I sure would love to have someone give me $10,000 to redo a room!
Actually I would add a sun room for $10,000.!

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
The project was screwy. Antonia is messed up, we know that but what a setup for disaster. They told her it was a business but they gave her a room to redecorate in the house where she lives. They told her to treat her roommates like employees and they turned right back into roommates again in her mind.

Antonia has no skills at doing projects. She has little imagination or creativity. This task need some of each. She needed to set aside time, plan tasks, and acquire resources including learning what she needed to learn and finding people to help if she was short on energy, time, motivation - whatever. She doesn't know how to do any of that. We know that. Iyanla knows that. Maybe that's what some of the time after the room will address, hopefully.

Or maybe it will just be "oh look what you accomplished with a budget big enough to overhaul my entire apartment, wardrobe, and shoe-drobe, you sleepy little girl!"

Madigan 32 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-06, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Madigan Click to send private message to Madigan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: How many people need to help Antonia with projects?"
Does any one remember Antonia saying "Antoina Don't ask for help!"

EXACTLY. I remember her saying that a few times - during dinner, during her interviews...which is why I think it was the right move NOT to help her. It isn't realistic for Antonia to believe that people will flock to her whenever they perceive her as needing help. She has to ask for it like everybody else does. I don't feel sorry for her one bit and COMPLETELY don't buy it that she came in under budget. There is NO way. She didn't even give the prices a second thought (remember the whole "taxes?! i've never paid no taxes! ?).

Iyanla told her that she had a mini-interior design company with five EMPLOYEES, not VOLUNTEERS, so she wouldn't have been able to afford their help anyway. Niambi's heart is in the right place, but I'm afraid she is enabling Antonia's bad behavior and perpetuating her issues.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •