The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christie taking custody of her brother?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christie taking custody of her brother?"
Either I'm really confused, or I haven't been paying attention while I'm watching the show. When did Rhonda's conversations with Christie go from mentoring the boy to Christie having her brother come to live with her?
First of all, the boy has a mother. Christie says that she's a junkie and is very neglectful of her brother, but on this show we know that that is only one side of the story. She may well be a terrible mother from hell. If she is neglecting her son and using drugs around him, Christie should have contacted DCF or social services a LONG time ago. And, if DCF is involved, they would be the agency to decide where he was placed. I doubt that Christie would even make the short list of possible placements. With her drug abuse and alcoholism, and having been recovered for such a short time, she would never be allowed to take him in. And, if she never reported her mother to DCF, she is too irresponsible to even consider having her brother live with her.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christie taking custody of her ... Baxtera 05-10-06 1
   RE: Christie taking custody of her ... standinmytruth 05-10-06 2
       RE: Christie taking custody of her ... sunshinedrop 05-10-06 3
           RE: Christie taking custody of her ... Baxtera 05-10-06 4
 RE: Christie taking custody of her ... Redbud 05-10-06 5
   RE: Christie taking custody of her ... mirage3033 05-11-06 6
 RE: Christie taking custody of her ... BlueCollar Blonde 05-11-06 7
   RE: Christie taking custody of her ... Baxtera 05-11-06 8
       RE: Christie taking custody of her ... tac_2 05-11-06 9
           RE: Christie taking custody of her ... Juliejo 05-11-06 10
               RE: Christie taking custody of her ... Sues 05-11-06 11
                   RE: Christie taking custody of her ... TVFreak 05-11-06 12
                   RE: Christie taking custody of her ... maryellennaco 05-12-06 14
 RE: Christie taking custody of her ... maryellennaco 05-12-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-10-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
Where Christie has been so resistant it bothers me that Rhonda is pushing her to take her brother. She could defintily be actively involved in his life, get DCF involved to insure he's safe and supervised. However, it would be incredibly stupid of SO to push them to have her take on a teenage boy if she isn't stable herself and able to handle her own issues. That's like standing on a tree limb and sawing off the branch. She can't support him if she can't emotionally and financially support herself. I thought this S/L was incredibly disturbing.

If Christie was gung ho and really wanted to do it, I still question it but she really seems like she doesn't want this then she should get the state involved and get help in finding out a better way to do this that makes it safe for her brother.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-10-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
SO knows that Christie hasn't and never will have a job. I wonder if they are encouraging her to take care of her brother so she can receive child support from the state.

sunshinedrop 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-10-06, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sunshinedrop Click to send private message to sunshinedrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
I really don't think SO would stoop that low. I think Christie is concerned, especially since they mentioned that the mom is homeless. Maybe Christie wants to do something, but she isn't sure what to do. I almost feel like this is something Rhonda has gotten in her head and is pressuring Christie in that direction. I'm not sure anything was said that way, but it is something I just got a feeling about. If Christie can get a stable job and show that outside of the SOH that she can stay sober and keep her life together, then it should be something she should consider if she wants. I just think she needs to be able to prove more than just that she can graduate from the SO house....we've seen that it isn't an automatic guarantee of success. It probably takes a lot of adjusting when they leave and Christie doesn't need to be taking care of her brother right off the bat. I hope Rhonda doesn't push her in that direction too hard.

05-10-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
So knows best hasn't proven to be the case. The best interest of the child need to be front and center and Christie just may not be that person. She can be involved, she can be there for him but she may not be able to take him in and she needs to be able to advocate for herself that there are things you can do for others and things you can't do, not just for your sake but for their best interests as well.

Christie can barely get herself out of bed and moving at SO how is she going to be able to handle a teenager with issues?

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
If Christie is so darned concerned about her brother, why hasn't she done something?? Having him come to live with her isn't the only option. If I remember correctly, Christie went to live with neigbors when she was young didn't she?

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
pull it together Christie. or else whine about your mother , relive your homeless days, crave a drink, turn your back on your brother. I am disgusted. take care of your brother if it really means anything to your self absorbed soul or walk away. just don't expect sympathy because of your distress. quit planning future surgeries or jonesing for the money for such and do the right thing.

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who somehow missed the fact that Christie was now going to take care of her brother. I watch the show 2 times a day and I never saw that discussed until Rhonda mentioned it like it was planned all along and a done deal.

The last thing a newly recovering alcoholic needs is the responsibility of a child that is not their birth child. This is a horrible idea and I hope it doesn't come to fruition.

05-11-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
I agree. She should in no way be looking at the custody of a teenage boy. I could see her being supportive of him in another custody situation, visiting him, etc. but no way, no how getting custody. Rhonda needs her head examined for even suggesting this. That boy needs a stable home not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-11-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
I think Christie and this custody issue is just a sham, another dramatic way for Rhonda to promote Christie as a compassionate human being. It won't happen, of course.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
Her brother is 12 years old and her mother was a druggy when Christie was a kid. She has know for at least 12 years that her mother isnt capable of raising her brother and she has done knowing for him. So why all of a sudden does she have a conscious about it? I dont' think Christie is much better off than her mother except she is younger than her mom. She cant' take care of herself what makes her think she can handle her brother. They need to inform Child Protective Services of this situation and let the chips fall. That 12 year old deserves better than he is getting. Lots of people come out of rehab with the best intentions of staying sober but they dont' make it and if I was a bettin person I'd bet Christie wont' either. She is so arrogant and full of herself. She needs to grow up too.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
Come on now....Christie's brand new post-SO life is waaayyyy too big for some little brother...how dare they expect her to step up! She hasn't gotten that kind of time...Milan is calling.....she's gonna be a supermodel!

Hey, I have an idea.....let's have Courageos Cassie raise him....Dustin needs a little brother doesn't he?

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
Yeah, if Christie's gonna be travelling the DAW route of getting on whatever new 'reality' show will take her, she'll be way too damn busy to go to soccer games and PTA meetings.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
HAAAAAA!!!!!! Now THAT's the TICKET!!!!! So, so funny!!! ROFLMAO!!!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Christie taking custody of her brother?"
True, true and TRUE! Either she could turn her Mother in to Child Protective Services and get someone who is CAPABLE of taking care of her brother or he's doing okay and she can just check in on him from time to time.
I actually wouldn't trust Christie to raise a DOG at this stage of the game, she's just TOO dang needy!! Maybe if she had Toadie to help her.....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •