The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Niami talking ghetto"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

KingJames 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KingJames Click to send private message to KingJames Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Niami talking ghetto"
Did any one else notice How Niambi, who usually is well spoken, & sounds educated, started talking all ghetto when she & Antonia were having hteir bithc fest?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Niami talking ghetto origsofan 05-12-06 1
   RE: Niami talking ghetto standinmytruth 05-12-06 5
 RE: Niami talking ghetto bentherdunthat 05-12-06 2
   RE: Niami talking ghetto origsofan 05-12-06 3
       RE: Niami talking ghetto bentherdunthat 05-12-06 4
           RE: Niami talking ghetto Twinkles 05-12-06 6
               RE: Niami talking ghetto Juliejo 05-12-06 7
 RE: Niami talking ghetto faithnj 05-12-06 8
   Stop it faithnj mysticwolf 05-12-06 9
   RE: Niami talking ghetto KingJames 05-12-06 10
       RE: Niami talking ghetto jaedysmom 05-13-06 11
       RE: Niami talking ghetto sharnina 05-13-06 12
       RE: Niami talking ghetto Twinkles 05-13-06 13
           RE: Niami talking ghetto tmj212 05-13-06 14
               RE: Niami talking ghetto sharnina 05-13-06 15
                   RE: Niami talking ghetto Cleverone 05-16-06 23
 RE: Niami talking ghetto butterfly34 05-13-06 16
   RE: Niami talking ghetto geminirose 05-13-06 17
       RE: Niami talking ghetto KingJames 05-13-06 18
           RE: Niami talking ghetto Juliejo 05-13-06 19
               RE: Niami talking ghetto bentherdunthat 05-15-06 20
       RE: Niami talking ghetto MizJazmine 05-15-06 22
 RE: Niami talking ghetto Woo 05-15-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

origsofan 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail origsofan Click to send private message to origsofan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

Yes. Grown ##### Woman. What a dumb phrase. Niambi showed herself to be a real b--ch Wow, no wonder she's been so quiet. And her annoyance at Christied for the no drinking rule might explain why Niami at 33 looks like some people at 53- like a prune. Seems like her and Antonia just wanted a reason to jump on someone and with Christie's weak personality, she made a good target. Again, what a B--ch.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-12-06, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06
>AT 03:03 PM (EST)

>
>Yes. Grown ##### Woman.
>What a dumb phrase.
>Niambi showed herself to be
>a real b--ch Wow,
>no wonder she's been so
>quiet. And her annoyance
>at Christied for the no
>drinking rule might explain why
>Niami at 33 looks like
>some people at 53- like
>a prune. Seems like
>her and Antonia just wanted
>a reason to jump on
>someone and with Christie's weak
>personality, she made a good
>target. Again, what a
>B--ch.

Interesting, the only time it seems pretensious is when Christie does it. Niambi is sincere.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
Iyanla does the same thing when she is in a session with the black houseguests.

origsofan 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail origsofan Click to send private message to origsofan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
Iyanla does it in a natural way without the hate that Niambi emits.

05-12-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
Oh I don't know. I think Iyanla can get pretty nasty sometimes.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
I noticed Niambi speaking differently and it sounded like she was venting. You don't have to be a b***h to get mad. I thought she was reacting to what she thought was the ridiculousness of the situation. I don't see how that makes her bi**hy. I could be wrong, as she identified herself that way, so perhaps my recollection was off.

I've heard people add "@ss" as an emphasis but not to attack the other person: "That's a big-@ss hamburger you're grilling"; "He's driving a big-@ss car these days".

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
Naimbi should have ordered the drink. I think the no drinking rule was for the house. I did notice the Getto talk and it seemed funny. There appears to be more to Niambi then we have been prevy to know up until now. But I am glad she found her voice. It has made it interesting.
PEACE

faithnj 39 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail faithnj Click to send private message to faithnj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
>Did any one else notice How
>Niambi, who usually is well
>spoken, & sounds educated, started
>talking all ghetto when she
>& Antonia were having hteir
>bithc fest?

So what? That's like saying "Did you notice those two hispanics started speaking Spanish when they were alone together?" Lots of people speak one way in professional environments, another in casual environments, and yet another with their family and friends. I'd really like to know why this was important enough to note?

Faith

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Stop it faithnj"
It was important enough to note vecause someone chose to note it. As long as this thread stays on Niambi and doesn't spill over into racist comments it is perfectly okay for people to note it and comment on it.

It is not okay to question people about the topics they choose to discuss, or suggest that they shouldn't be discussing it. That borders on the poster bashing that we prohibit.

If it is a subject in which you have no interest there is no need for you to read or post to it.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

05-12-06, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KingJames Click to send private message to KingJames Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
I thought it was worth a note, because it was so different for her. She usually acts so sofisticated. It is another side of her personality that came out. I think there are a lot of sides that we havn't seen.
Personally, I don't speak any differently to any one. I talk the same all the time, no matter who I am with. So, this is one of the many things I learnd about our wonderful human race that I didn't know.
When I get angy though, I do use a lot more swear words. it feels like it punctuates the anger. Maybe that is what the "ghetto" talk feels like to her.
I would guess,though, that it was more of a way to bond with Antonia.
any thoughts?
And no, it is not like two Hispanics talking Spanish together. It is much easier to communicate clearly in one's native language. Any kind of slang, or twang is not a seperate language, it is a derivation of ENGLISH!
My post was in no way, meant to be racist, & if it came across that way I sincerly apologize. I readily admit to being nieve to other cultures, but am very open to all & to learning

jaedysmom 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-06, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jaedysmom Click to send private message to jaedysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
It's sad too say, but it's probably going to get worse before it gets better!! I guarantee as long as Niambi and Antonia have each other to feed off of, they are going to continue this "angry black woman" mentality!!! I too noticed the manner in which Niambi began to speak, if she can find her voice to stand up against Christie, then why can't she use that when she does her activities with Iyanla!!! I'm sure she'd make a helluva lot more progress in her sessions!!!

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-06, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
I think that Niambi and Antonia interact differently with each other than they do with the other women. And I personally don't think it's that big of a deal. When I get on the phone with my southern family, my old (but slight) accent comes out - I grew up in Texas from the age of 10 so don't really have much of an accent except when I'm mad or talking with family. And when I talk to someone from Wisconsin my northern accent comes out-I lived there for a couple of years when I was a kid and picked up some of the accent and jargon. Is it a put on? I don't think so because I'm not aware of it until later and I may notice that I've said something that I don't usually say.

I think that's all it is between Niambi and Antonia - and sometimes Iyanla.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-06, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
"My post was in no way, meant to be racist, & if it came across that way I sincerly apologize"

I wondered what you thought of her but you didn't make any judgemental statements so I, for one, took it as a simple statement. The term "ghetto" has different implications to different people. The way she was speaking (and Iyanla does sometimes, etc) isn't unique to one race or ethnicity anyway, so I don't think "racist" would apply. But I know what you mean, it could be taken that way. I'm glad you cleared the air. I hope I didnt' muddy it up again.

tmj212 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tmj212 Click to send private message to tmj212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
I definitely understand why this topic is noteworthy. I am an educated black woman (BS and MBA both from prestigious universities) and work at an international bank as a VP. Although I would never think of speaking in ebonics or using 'ghetto slang' at work or in a proffesional environment, I find myself using this 'dialect' at home and with friends. Recently, I began reporting to amother black woman. After our relationship grew into a friendship, I also found myself using more familiar language (less formal, non-standard english) behind closed doors and in personal interactions. I have non-black co-workers that are friends that I never speak this way with--not even in social settings.
At times I am offended when people other than minorities speak to me this way and feel it to be quite presumptious (if this is not the way you normally speak, why address me this way?). Sometimes I cringe when I hear IV say things like 'you got heat on Christie'. IMO it is unprofessional since she is in the house in professional capapcity and should address all the HG in the same manner. Would IV tell a white HG that she sold her soul for a 'piece of a$$'? (or maybe she would--she named Allisham's future suitor 'Boo-Boo')
Before I get off-topic, you will probably see more of this in the future, that Niambi and Antonia will communicate differently with each other than they do with other HGs. For the record using ebonics is very similar to speaking in another dialect like patois or cajun/creole. It has it's own rules of grammar and many ethnic groups in this country use non-standard forms of english. The problem comes when they don't know when and where to use it or recognize that they are speaking improperly. Just my two cent'.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
And what a 2 cent' it was. You stated your case very well. You actually said what I was trying to say upthread, but so much more eloquently.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-16-06, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
>And what a 2 cent' it
>was. You stated your case
>very well. You actually said
>what I was trying to
>say upthread, but so much
>more eloquently.
>

Kudos to you both ....very well stated....my problem lies in the posters use of the word "ghetto"....a "sista moment" would better describe it....all sista's know when and how to break it down to you, but not all sista's are from the area commonly known as the "ghetto"....so, to clump people in any group is not fair representation. Naive is how the poster described himself and I think that was a fair representation.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

butterfly34 72 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail butterfly34 Click to send private message to butterfly34 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
>Did any one else notice How
>Niambi, who usually is well
>spoken, & sounds educated, started
>talking all ghetto when she
>& Antonia were having hteir
>bithc fest?

When I was watching them ghetto never came to my mind. They was just having a sista moment. When white women do it its called venting but when black women do it its called ghetto talk.

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
or they're labeled as "angry black women" or having an "angry black woman's mentality." it's interesting... i've never heard two or more white women venting or discussing something labeled as "angry white women".. or two or more hispanic or asian women doing the same labeled as being "angry hispanic or asian women." they're just angry. but once two black women get together to vent, they're being ghetto or acting like angry black women. (and there is a difference between the "angry black woman" stereotype and a woman who is black that is angry)

ghetto didnt come to my mind either. what came to mind was that they were doing the same thing any other combination of women in the house does... vent to each other about someone in the house without that person being present.

if the ghetto comment is based on the words that came from niambi's mouth, then kelly was just as ghetto every time the "f" bombs and "b****" and every other vulgar thing came from her mouth when she was talking to jodi or christie about kim.

05-13-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
it's interesting...
>i've never heard two or
>more white women venting or
>discussing something labeled as "angry
>white women".. >
No, It's just called Bi@#ing.
>if the ghetto comment is based
>on the words that came
>from niambi's mouth, then kelly
>was just as ghetto every
>time the "f" bombs and
>"b****" and every other vulgar
>thing came from her mouth
>when she was talking to
>jodi or christie about kim.
& if labels were to be applied, that would be called "White Trash"
Lables are a never nice, & lets face it. there are several for all of us, fatso, blond, (meaning dumb), granny, as in get your slow a$$ off the road granny. I didn't mean to label Niamie or be derogatory. That is what that is called in my neck of the woods, & perhaps it is a racist label & I wasn't aware of it. It is the term my black friends & relatives use, so I didn't think so.
I appreciate the education on this folks. Thanks
>

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-13-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
Maybe they all just have PMS?

05-15-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
best answer yet.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
>or they're labeled as "angry black
>women" or having an "angry
>black woman's mentality." it's interesting...
>i've never heard two or
>more white women venting or
>discussing something labeled as "angry
>white women".. or two or
>more hispanic or asian women
>doing the same labeled as
>being "angry hispanic or asian
>women." they're just angry. but
>once two black women get
>together to vent, they're being
>ghetto or acting like angry
>black women. (and there is
>a difference between the "angry
>black woman" stereotype and a
>woman who is black that
>is angry)
>
>ghetto didnt come to my mind
>either. what came to mind
>was that they were doing
>the same thing any other
>combination of women in the
>house does... vent to each
>other about someone in the
>house without that person being
>present.
>
>if the ghetto comment is based
>on the words that came
>from niambi's mouth, then kelly
>was just as ghetto every
>time the "f" bombs and
>"b****" and every other vulgar
>thing came from her mouth
>when she was talking to
>jodi or christie about kim.
>

geminirose...Ahhhhhh Yes! BRILLIANT...simply brilliant

*Oh and let's not forget about Lisa1 and her "mouth".

Woo 87 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Woo Click to send private message to Woo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Niami talking ghetto"
I don't understand your question. What is ghetto talk?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •