The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jodie and her mom"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Girl41 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Girl41 Click to send private message to Girl41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jodie and her mom"
Well, now we know where Jodi (bless her heart, no meaness intended) gets her good looks! Her mom looks like Penny Marshall in a long blonde wig. And they certainly are an affectionate pair, kissing lips, etc. So now we also know where Jodi gets her tendency for "hands-on" affection: her always wanting to hug and pet her room-mates.
What a difference between Jodi and her mom Penny Marshall hugging and kissing and holding hands and Kim and her mom being so stiff and cold towards each other!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jodie and her mom tracyc1166 05-11-06 1
   RE: Jodie and her mom Sues 05-11-06 2
       RE: Jodie and her mom Juliejo 05-11-06 4
   RE: Jodie and her mom Lanna42 05-11-06 3
       RE: Jodie and her mom SeasonedRefinement 05-11-06 7
           RE: Jodie and her mom petmama 05-11-06 9
       RE: Jodie and her mom GoodnightLittleBear 05-11-06 8
       RE: Jodie and her mom SueNahMe 05-12-06 26
   RE: Jodie and her mom mirage3033 05-11-06 5
   RE: Jodie and her mom watches too much 05-11-06 6
       RE: Jodie and her mom tac_2 05-11-06 10
 RE: Jodie and her mom dasboot 05-11-06 11
   RE: Jodie and her mom horsewhisperer 05-11-06 12
       RE: Jodie and her mom dopeydwarf 05-11-06 13
 RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom snowflake2 05-11-06 14
   RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom JessicaRN 05-12-06 15
       RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom maryellennaco 05-12-06 30
           RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom moonoverxanadu 05-12-06 31
   RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom msbehavin 05-12-06 19
   RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom GoodnightLittleBear 05-12-06 23
 RE: Jodie and her mom MizJazmine 05-12-06 16
   RE: Jodie and her mom imagma 05-12-06 17
       RE: Jodie and her mom AshLanie 05-12-06 18
       WARNING - imagma Bebo 05-12-06 24
 RE: Jodie and her mom BimBo 05-12-06 20
   RE: Jodie and her mom bentherdunthat 05-12-06 28
 RE: Jodie and her mom cleogrl 05-12-06 21
 RE: Jodie and her mom BimBo 05-12-06 22
   RE: Jodie and her mom p59jan 05-12-06 25
   RE: Jodie and her mom startingover2 05-12-06 27
   RE: Jodie and her mom horsewhisperer 05-12-06 29
       RE: Jodie and her mom Sues 05-12-06 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tracyc1166 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-11-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tracyc1166 Click to send private message to tracyc1166 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
I thought the same thing...well almost. I thoight she looked like a cross dresser. She was very sweet and friendly to everyone. It is a shame that she has to see that shamefull display at dinner.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
I really thought they should have tabled that catfight for later.......but Christie would have none of it. Gives Jodi's Mom a great look into what her daughter's been living though!

If I were Jodi, I would have ordered champagne the minute the bitc%ing started.... ;)~

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
I thought Jodi looked a lot like her mom. I too thought it was awful that the CAT Fight took place in front of Toadie's mom. But I do not think it was fair for the other women not to have a drink with dinner if they wanted it. Christie's, sobriety is her problem, and she will have to deal others drinking when she leave the SO house.

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
Agreed Traceyc1166, She seemed to be a perfectly lovely woman and care a lot about Jodi. But looks wise........okay......I'll be the one to say it Herman Munster in drag.Sorry that's a bit crass but it's what I thought.And the hissy fit at dinner was ridiculous.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-11-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
Call me crazy, but Jodi just jumped 50 points in my book. Any daughter that reacts with such excitement when Mom comes through the door as a surprise is OK with me. And it does give me a new perspective on the touchy-feely side of Jodi.

I don't know what happened in Jodi's childhood with mom and the cancer scare, but I know that women's healthcare has come so far in the last few decades. I think women now have access to sooo much information about their health conditions and choices. I'm not surprised that Jodi's Mom freaked out about the possibility of ovarian cancer back in the day. (My mom had a procedure last week that treated a recurrence of a condition she had back in the 1970's. Back then, she was in the hospital for a week, major surgery, lots of pain and bleeding, and she was off of her feet for weeks. Last week, the "new and improved" procedure left her with a little discomfort during an in-office laser procedure, and she walked out with no prescription for painkillers.) Who knows how Jodi's mom's "bad pap" would be treated today. Doctors are a lot more conservative now, and hysterectomies are not always the first line of defense.

Anyway, a nice, happy reunion. Fun to watch.

Jodi and her mom apparently REALLY love each other - more than that, they LIKE each other. I thought it was beautiful and refreshing.

I won't comment on Mom's appearance (but you guys....feel free, lol)

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
When Jodi first entered the SOH, she acted as if her mother were GOD. And, her father Satan incarnate. When, in fact, neither was any better, or worse, than the other. Her mother was even, at one point, a drug addict.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
ARG! I missed this episode! Hopefully someone can provide a pic of Jodi and her mom taking in the evening's festivities.

Herman Muster in drag....LMAO!

SueNahMe 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-12-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SueNahMe Click to send private message to SueNahMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
>Agreed Traceyc1166, She seemed to be
>a perfectly lovely woman and
>care a lot about Jodi.
>But looks wise........okay......I'll be the
>one to say it Herman
>Munster in drag.Sorry that's a
>bit crass but it's what
>I thought.And the hissy fit
>at dinner was ridiculous.

Yes, the hissy fit was ridiculous, and Christie is the one who kept it going. Niambi even mentioned that now is not the time, but Christie just kept it going. Antonia was not even saying anything. Now, who's the bully?

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
oh puhleeze, she loved it. She loved being witness to the fight. made her feel like one of the gurlz. How gross was the picture she took. wait wait wait, get closer. weird ##### pose if you ask me.

watches too much 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watches%20too%20much Click to send private message to watches%20too%20much Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
I thought Jodi's mom was great. She loves her daughter and wants nothing but the best for her and is more than willing to do what it takes to have a healthy relationship with her.

It is too bad that the night was tarnished by 3 spoiled brats.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-11-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
I'm glad they brought Jodi's mother on. I was curious about what type of woman raised her daughter to be so brazen and uncouth.
I now understand why Jodi said they're very close.

Funny how suddenly Jodi's mom wants to be privy to everything in Jodi's life--to me, she seemed to be auditioning for a spot on SO.

As for the sulking at the dinner table I don't think it was such a big deal, certainly not the brawl Iyanla was hoping for. What a troublemaker she is, and how interesting, I don't recall her ever attending any of the hg's meals.

I do give Iyanla credit for rearranging Jodi's mother's flight home if, in fact, she had anything to do with that.

dasboot 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dasboot Click to send private message to dasboot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
YIIIIIIIIKES! PUT HER ON THE 8 A.M. PLANE!!!! PUT HER ON THE 8 A.M. PLANE! 11 p.m.? That's 15 extrahours of ugly more hours . Good for Jodi, bad for the viewers. Wonder how many camera lenses cracked while filming those two? Sorry.

horsewhisperer 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-06, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail horsewhisperer Click to send private message to horsewhisperer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
Okay, THAT was funny! I really did not see any resemblance between the two of them. I doubt we'll see either one of them on Americas Next Top Model, anytime soon, but they really have a great love for one another, and that's awesome!
Dana

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jodie and her mom"

Oh, I have to watch this one!!! (It's on my Tivo)

I hoped Jodi hugged the heck out of her mom!!! I lost mine a few years ago and am still not over it.

Hug her for all of us who will never have that opportunity again!!!
What a perfect time of the year for that show!!

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 00:21 AM (EST)

For GoodnightLittleBear and anyone else who might have missed this episode:

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom"
It all is making sense now. Jodi loves her mother and has amnesia about her father. The person who showed up today is her father, but he is now a she (kind of like that movie, Transamerica). This would explain Jodi's ambiguity about whether she wants to be intimate with men or women. Did you catch today when Jodi's mom was taking her picture with Christie and Christie said "of course I'm smiling, I'm in your arms."

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom"
JessicaRN, I caught that too!! WTF???? Are they engaged or just promised?? That one was wwaaayyyyy weird! Sort of puts all that lying around in bed together in a whole new light, doesn't it?? And they kissed each other on the lips at the graduation,too.
PULLEEZZZ pass the pepto!Pronto!

moonoverxanadu 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonoverxanadu Click to send private message to moonoverxanadu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom"
Make my pepto a double!!

msbehavin 69 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail msbehavin Click to send private message to msbehavin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom"
Snowflake, thanks so much for posting those pics for us! I missed the show, and I don't Tivo, so I was kinda bummed I wasn't going to get a look Jodi's mom. These shots are more than enough for me!

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Pics of Jodi & her Mom"
Thanks Snowflake!

I think I saw her in that movie "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert".

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
Well I guess I'm one of those people who just really doesn't care how Jodi's mother looked. Jodi has a mom who loves and cares about her. Like Seasoned said, they don't just love each other, they like each other. Her mom just seems like she has such an open heart. What a blessing

imagma 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-06, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imagma Click to send private message to imagma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
Agree 100% MizJazmine. No one is safe on these boards - now the houseguests mothers are being offended and insulted. How dare these posters. They should be so lucky to have a mother like Jodie's mother.

Happy Mothers Day.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-12-06, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
The posters dare to cause the mother became a public figure once she went on the show.

Putting that aside though I never even thought about her looks....she just seemed genuine in her feelings and words towards Jodie.

And her apology to Jodie was defintely a heartfelt one.....Her eyes told all..

As for her (Jodie's Mom) witnessing the argument....that was Christie and IV's doing....Niambi said it wasn't the right time or place but both Christie and IV pushed it....I think maybe if IV had kept out of it things may have settled down...but IV being Niambi's so called coach Niambi was backed into a cornor. Niambi at that point was damned if she did and damned if she ahd refused.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "WARNING - imagma "
Our community guidelines allow posters to post both positive and negative comments about the show and its participants, but strictly prohibit criticizing other posters for doing so.

There's a thread on the General Discussion forum with links to other sites. If you do not want to read negative comments about the houseguests, then I suggest you check one of those out, because you won't be happy here. But if you choose to stay, you are expected to post within our guidelines.

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
sorry, but I could'nt pass this one up!! It's clear to see where Todie gets her "girly" looks.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
I thought she looked like Huey Lewis in drag.

cleogrl 115 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cleogrl Click to send private message to cleogrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
I think it's refreshing to see "real" people on reality shows, instead of the constant parade of twentysomethings who've had plastic surgery and are trying to launch an acting career, but in the meantime, they'll appear on the Apprentice, Survivor, the Batchelor, etc. No wonder most young girls have self-esteem issues.

I was touched by the love and connection Jodi had with her mom. They truly are each others touchstones. I enjoyed watching them and look forward to seeing more.

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jodie and her mom"

p59jan 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail p59jan Click to send private message to p59jan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ha ha ha ha. I am nearly choking. Notice the nipple detail!

startingover2 14 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail startingover2 Click to send private message to startingover2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
That's HORRIBLY awesome!

horsewhisperer 95 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail horsewhisperer Click to send private message to horsewhisperer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
OMG!! That's hilarious!! Shame on me, but I can't stop laughing!!

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Jodie and her mom"
Ok, the toad pic is funny.....and although I am actually a big Jodi fan...I do so love good humor! So thanks for the giggles...

That said.....I have a Mother who is fairly attractive.....(she's technically my stepmom, my bio Mom died when I was five) Whenever someone sees us together they comment on how young and attractive she is....

I would trade that in a HEARTBEAT for a Mom who loves me as much as Jodi's loves her.....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •