The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

luvnlife 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail luvnlife Click to send private message to luvnlife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
I'm an adoptive mom to two kids. Open adoption on both kids. Their birthmoms are family. Number two child was just in his birthmom's wedding. Antonia's statement about "all adoptive moms being threatened by birthmoms" is just not true. Some of us love and embrace our kids' birthmoms!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... EMTBGRL 05-02-06 1
   RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... Twinkles 05-02-06 9
 RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... Baxtera 05-02-06 2
 RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... eire_heart74 05-02-06 3
   RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... Juliejo 05-02-06 4
       RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... Woo 05-02-06 5
 RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... sillybear 05-02-06 6
 RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... yogabrat 05-02-06 7
   RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... allenjo 05-02-06 8
   RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... luvnlife 05-04-06 11
 RE: Antonia's knowledge about adopt... beckettrep 05-03-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
Good to know!

I have a friend, and her husband, who have adopted two children. Both children came from "open adoptions" which my friend and her husband are fine with. The parents of these children made this decision based on their ability to appropriately support these children, and their inability to conceive naturally. As a result, The adoptees have brothers and sisters from their birth parents, and my friend and her husband didn't want to take those relationships from them, either. So, their two, adopted sons, know all four parents (birth and adopted) and all their brothers and sisters. I applaud the committment to keeping "The Whole Village" in raising a child, for the people who can. The children are the winners in this adoption scenario. Everyone loves them, they know it, and are raised properly. These open adoptions do exist, and they do work out, and they aren't always "conflama."

I'd also like to take a minute to point out that there are cultures where people HAVE more than one parent. There isn't this fight for children as "my property" in them. All the adults are referred to as "mom" or "dad" or "Auntie." I have an African friend that has a father who married three women, his three wives. My friend calls all of them "Mom" and doesn't know who really birthed him, because it did not matter! --The implications for that in this country are staggering...

Antonia seems to have lived a pretty sheltered life for all the pain she claims to be in. She really doesn't seem to know that there are all kinds of different families in the world, and the world should not be judged by the one she was raised in (or not raised in, as the case may be. Since she seems to have a lot of growing up to do--)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-02-06, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
Is open adoption considered general knowledge? I don't understand why it would be. I certainly see why you know about it if you have friends with children or adoption in your family or something but why would someone who isn't planning to have children yet know about it?

Did I miss something she said that was especially ignorant?

I mean, I don't know any details about open adoption. I've probably seen something about it in movies and vaguely know it has something to do with open records or ability to remain in contact but that's about it.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-02-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
SO has done a terrible job from the time of Josie of portraying adoption. This situation with Cassie has been a one-sided gossip fest from the beginning with constantly changing stories about Cassie always putting her in the best possible light and always trying to make the adoptive mother look as mean and horrible as possible.

I have the greatest respect for both parties in an adoption both the life giver and the one who then raises the child. Each give a special gift to that child and each deserves the praise of knowing what role they were able to play in that child's life.

SO has never portrayed adoption in a postive light and I've been often angered at how Cassie has been allowed to bash the adoptive mother all the while never being truly honest about her own responsiblity in why the relationship broke down between adoptive mother and birth mother. It is at best hard to have a relationship with a drug/achol addict. When a child is involved it must be so much harder to have to make the decision that is in the best interest of the child to have the birth mother involved or not.

Anotonia feels she knows a great deal about everything based on her very limited experiences in life. One moment she's bashing Cassie the next minute the adoptive Mom it just goes to show how little knowledge she really has about the world.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-02-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
I felt the comment was out of line as well. Glad I wasn't alone on that! I think she was once again showing how immature she really is to make a statement like that.

Cassie in the past was a druggie and a drunk. I think the adoptive mother acted to protect her child from a possibly very unstable person. I'm rather tired of them protraying Cassie as this poor angel like victim whose child was stolen from her. I think in this case, it's not her being threatened but her trying to protect her son.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-02-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
Antonia is Clueless. She is just very immature and childlike. I can see how she got herself into major debt and why her life is in a mess. I think her mother did her a real diservice not teaching her about how things are in the real world. I thinks he has been sheltered and pampered.

Woo 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Woo Click to send private message to Woo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
Antonia is clueless, true. Is she this way because of her mother didn't teach her about the real world? I doubt it. Nor do I believe that she was pampered. She is simply a hard headed little girl. Like most hard heads she believes she knows-it-all. They're quick to jump to conclusions. Nothing more, nothing less.

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-06, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
When I watch Antonia on the show she seems like a sixteen year old.

yogabrat 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-02-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yogabrat Click to send private message to yogabrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
A big hug to you for your understanding of all three parts of the adoption triad. Your children will grow up knowing that love is love ... and it comes from many sources.

As a reunited birthmom, I thank you for what you are teaching your children and the world by your actions.

allenjo 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-02-06, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail allenjo Click to send private message to allenjo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
Clueless, clueless, absolutely clueles!!!

luvnlife 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail luvnlife Click to send private message to luvnlife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
I'm glad to hear you've been reunited with your son or daughter. I can't imagine the pain of not knowing about your child brings. I also can't imagine cutting my children's birth family (that includes grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles) out of my child's life because a birth parent has a drug/alcohol addiction. My oldest child's birth mom struggled with her addictions for two and a half years after she gave birth and placed her child with us. It was a difficult time, but she was always allowed access to our son and us. Now she's a pre-med student at one the most prestigious colleges in the nation. I hate what the adoptive parents of Cassie's son did to her. Cassie didn't deserve their punishment, rather she should have had their support and they should have honored the promise they made to her. I can't imagine someone entrusting their child to me and me renaging on such a sacred promise.

*shaking my head*

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-03-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Antonia's knowledge about adoption is a poor as her knowledge of finances!"
>I'm an adoptive mom to two
>kids. Open adoption on
>both kids. Their birthmoms are
>family. Number two child
>was just in his birthmom's
>wedding. Antonia's statement about
>"all adoptive moms being threatened
>by birthmoms" is just not
>true. Some of us
>love and embrace our kids'
>birthmoms!

Don't take anything Antonia says to heart - she is nothing more than a spoiled, ignorant little twit who, at age 24, thinks she knows EVERYTHING, typical 16 yr. old behaviour but unacceptable at age 24. She is the joke factor for this season, along with LisaTwit.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •