The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Antonia's college degree?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-19-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Antonia's college degree?"
I thought it was stated that Antonia was a college graduate. Today she said that one day she hopes to get her bachelor's degree and then go on to teach <bleepin'> literature at some "dope" school (lol). She's not kiddin' around hehe.

As Antonia would say, WTF???

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Antonia's college degree? Juliejo 05-19-06 1
   RE: Antonia's college degree? Lanna42 05-19-06 2
       RE: Antonia's college degree? Zoey 05-19-06 3
 RE: Antonia's college degree? techstyle 05-19-06 4
 RE: Antonia's college degree? eire_heart74 05-19-06 5
 RE: Antonia's college degree? maryellennaco 05-19-06 6
   RE: Antonia's college degree? phlinky 05-19-06 7
       RE: Antonia's college degree? sm2 05-19-06 8
           RE: Antonia's college degree? Incognito 05-19-06 9
               RE: Antonia's college degree? tac_2 05-20-06 10
                   RE: Antonia's college degree? Twinkles 05-20-06 11
                       RE: Antonia's college degree? eire_heart74 05-20-06 12
                           RE: Antonia's college degree? Juliejo 05-20-06 13
                               RE: Antonia's college degree? elgin 05-20-06 16
   RE: Antonia's college degree? Seabisquit 05-20-06 15
 RE: Antonia's college degree? pmfmpls 05-20-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
I guess she has an associates degree from a two year college.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
Yes,it's kind of like Howard Stern announcing that he plans to be the ambassador of grace and courtesy.She is intelligent.If she could just get over her knack for side stepping the English language.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-19-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
I have nothing to add except that I think every post in this thread is funny. Carry on.

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
>I thought it was stated that Antonia was a college graduate. Today she said that one day she hopes to get her bachelor's degree and then go on to teach <bleepin'> literature at some "dope" school (lol). She's not kiddin' around hehe.
>
>As Antonia would say, WTF???

Her profile says some college. No offense to Antonia, I hear there are alot of people out there who LOVE her, including Niambi in the coming attractions for tomorrow,( I am glad Niambi has found her as a true friend though), but I was shocked to hear she was interested in teaching English Literature. I did not see that coming because of the way she spoke to Cassie about putting her son up for adoption. Not understanding a mother who could not take care of herself would not be able to take care of a babies life. Seems reasonable. It looked to me like, and I may be wrong, a high horse stance for Antonia to take, not one from which a higher level of thinking and forgiving and understanding the human condition that teaching literature requires. Maybe it is not needed at a "dope" school. It is not at all easy to get a job at one of the "better" schools/ universities. Antonia has surprised me before so maybe she can get it done. She sure sounds strong.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-19-06, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
All that debt from college loans and she still isnt' done? Oh the poor thing. She's going to go even deeper in debt to finish. God school is so expensive.

Give her credit for even wanting to finish. It's clean she does have a brain. The interest in poetry is there. We are only seeing one side of her so I wouldn't judge her being able to do it. Remember she is 24 so saying "some dope school" is right were she should be

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
She's 40 grand in debt and has an associate's degree?? And she wants her Bachelor's, Master's & Doctorate degree??? I agree, WTF????? Who's paying for all that?? Oh wait, I know... She's ANOTHER one to get her Master's in Hocus-Pocus from Santa Iguana school.... LOL

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-19-06, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
She is 24, what is she waiting for? A Suggaah Daddy perhaps? Who is going to pay for her education? Also, I did catch the last remark of her being on TV and glamorous.

sm2 130 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sm2 Click to send private message to sm2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
She must of gone to the Iyanla school of hocus pocus.

Sorry, the universe made me say that.

Incognito 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-19-06, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito Click to send private message to Incognito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
Just tagging --> haven't read the thread...

WoW!!! Not even a BA and she's 40+ grand in debt? So... This debt has been, entirely, frivolous spending and nothing else? IF that is the case, even with the stigma and penalties of filing, I don't understand why she didn't. She did a 180 on a dime!!! I had "assumed" that much of her debt was student loans and that's why she took the high road. Even under pre October 2005 law, student loans were NOT absolvable. I don't get it. I just don't get it. I think the joke is on us, maybe? Maybe that gives more credence to Piss-T's indigence? :::need a shower:::
Incognito

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
Antonia's whole spiel regarding the credit cards and how it didn't occur to her they had to be paid was way over the top so she sort of lost me there. Then up crops this college degree issue...and here I thought she had a BA.

But it amuses me the way she interacts with the other hg's. At least she's given me some laughs, I'll give her that.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 05:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
when I see these pics off the TV my first reaction is that you guys are so good with video editing you make them up. Then I remember she really makes those faces. oh man.

Anyway, bout Antonia -- that's a lot of debt for 24 years old and living with momma much of the time. wow. It didn't hit me before. Does she go to strip clubs or gamble or something? For that much money I'd at least have a serious quantity of shoes to show for it.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
For that much money
>I'd at least have a
>serious quantity of shoes to
>show for it.

Tell me about it Twinkles! I would of had the handbags that matched as well!

One day she mentioned that she had no idea where it all went. That she hardly had anything to show for it. Up till now I thought well most of it must be from student loans for a private college for a BA or BS. But now she doesn't even have that? What the heck did she do with it all? Throw out each outfit after a day of wearing?

So there she goes annoucing the fact that all the money was spent and nothing to show for it and poof it's never discussed again. Talk about gaping holes in a story.

Is she to old for going back to school? Heck no! Never to old to learn!

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
I hope she contnues on with her education, you are never too old to go to college. I like Antonia even though she is extremely immature. But she is funny and she keeps me laughing.

elgin 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-20-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
I like her too. She is real. (so far). I hope the show doesn'truin her.

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
Antonio doesn't have a 'college degree' she has a 'collage degree' just like Christie the
'runnin in high heels stripper off the pole'...off for the moment. Did you see Antonio's flag she made with the peace sign...she's great with glue and glitter. Man that glitter was all over the place. What a giant mess, and Iyanla loved it. Okie dokie...let's get you graduated girlfriend.

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Antonia's college degree?"
From what I understood, most of her debt was credit cards and bad decisions.

I think it's wise to separate her past (debt, attitude, lack of goals) from her potential. Whether AA, BA, or graduate degree, she has a START at college and the desire to continue. I cannot fault her for stating high goals. Our reach should always exceed our grasp.

I originally held no hope for Antonia. I am impressed by her new attitude.

EVERYONE is college material. Her Boston accent, and previous demeanor and attitude will not hold her back. At age 41, I became the first college graduate in my family. I have achieved both a Masters and PhD (from respected and accredited schools) despite my background and family history. Most of my family has factory jobs, and poor grammar. Most say "would of" instead of "would have" and "I had went" instead of "I had gone." Most of them do not know the difference between to, too, and two. They all spell "a lot" as "alot."

One of my favorite professors quit school in 8th grade to start having babies, and after three kids, 2 husbands, and a job driving a beer delivery truck got her GED, and started college. She now has three kids, 2 ex-husbands, a PhD, and an impressive collection of reknowned research.

Antonia will succeed. I would be proud to have her in a class. I personally would do anything possible to help her succeed. She is handling her previous poor decisions, and moving forward. Good for her.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •