The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Informal Schmo Poll"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Informal Schmo Poll"
Is it just me, or have most of the behind the scenes interviews been Gerald? Why do you think that is? Compared to the others, he seemed the best spoken and had a good sense of humor.

In your opinion, who is the best actor? I thought the woman who played Rita the Drunk went WAY over the top with it. Ernie did ok for the amount of time he was there. IMO, the guy playing Bryce takes it, hands down. He's pretty believable...flipping out and then reigning it in enough to pass for "normal but strange". The Gerald actor is doing fine too, though Im not so sure much of his is an act.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Informal Schmo Poll I_AM_HE 08-06-04 1
   RE: Informal Schmo Poll Esbea 08-06-04 2
 RE: Informal Schmo Poll AugustGirl 08-06-04 3
 RE: Informal Schmo Poll ladro 08-06-04 4
   RE: Informal Schmo Poll vixie 08-10-04 11
 RE: Informal Schmo Poll ssshaw 08-07-04 5
 RE: Informal Schmo Poll vixie 08-07-04 6
   RE: Informal Schmo Poll vixie 08-07-04 7
 RE: Informal Schmo Poll MegsSweetPea 08-09-04 8
 RE: Informal Schmo Poll Rabies 08-09-04 9
   RE: Informal Schmo Poll vixie 08-10-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
Eleanor, because I think fake crying (and doing it so convincingly) is about the hardest thing any of them have had to take on.

Bryce and Gerald are close seconds in my book, though. I've loved every scene with the three of them. Cammi too, she plays dumb pretty well.

All of the others have been pretty good too, though most weren't around as long to make their mark. Rita was over the top, but that was probably in part due to her being 1st off had she been around longer, there probably would have been more subtlety to her character

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
Yes, Elenor did great! Cammy though....I think Ill stick in the "Acting? Not so much" group. I dont think that shes as..um....suggestive as her character is, but I dont think shes much brighter.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
I agree with HE that the actress playing Eleanor was fabulous. Also agree with the both of you that Bryce is doing a terrific job. He is a very convincing psycho stalker. Let's hope he didn't pull from real life experiences. *shiver*

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-06-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
I vote Eleanor as best. I'm not so sure about Bryce, I just don't think it's that hard to act crazy. I think the worst are TJ and Piper.

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-10-04, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
Not always hard to act crazy no...but to act so chillingly disturbed without ever leaving character...oh yea, hard AND scary. I, too, hope he isn't drawing from personal experiences.....shiver, shiver.

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
Let's do a countdown shall we.

12. Ernie-Wasn't around much, so I couldn't get a real feel for him.

11. Rita-Definently went over the top with her performance.

10. Cammy-Might not be acting very much.

9. TJ-Should have stepped up his performance.

8&7. Austin & Piper-Don't really have any strong feelings for them.

6. Derek-Hated the fake British accent, but will give him credit for being the only actor on both Joe Schmos.

5. Ambrosia-She should have played the ##### better.

4. Gerald-Plays a gay guy suprisingly well.

*3. Ingrid-This gets an asterick b/c she wasn't intended to be an actress at first, but she worked it out so I'll give her credit.

2. Eleanor-I loved the way they did her exit. That alone gets her high on the list.

1. Bryce-Was definently great as the stalker. Hope to see him more.

08-07-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
Bryce, Bryce, and Bryce. I'm sorry, I thought Eleanor was too whiney and not edgy enough. I know she was supposed to be "The crier" but found it totally inept, performance wise. Gerald, yes..very cool. And TJ, if not type cast, also pretty believable. Again...Bryce absolutely chilling.

08-07-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
But my favorite is definitely Ralph, both times.

MegsSweetPea 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-09-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MegsSweetPea Click to send private message to MegsSweetPea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
In no particular order:

Ralph, can't say enough. Absolutely bravo work once again. If there's a JS3, I certainly hope you're going to be involved. From the facial expressions in regards to the various females on the show to the hatred of the bird, absolutely fantastic. Bravo.

Bryce, an unbelievable job and being crazy. He just had that look in his eye while "playing his role" that made him so creepy. It's hard to put into words what he did on the show to make him so good, but that's a testiment to his acting. I also loved his final comment before leaving.

Eleanor, just an incredible job overall. You can't say enough about her. She was truly remarkable.

Gerald, some of the funniest moments came from his mouth. After hearing that line about Patrick Sawyze I almost died from laughing so hard. The backstage segments, and the whole ordeal with his missing aquasocks. Just amazing.

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-09-04, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
Gerald has had alot of experience acting in comedy (here in Canada). In fact he even had his own talk show for teenagers, complete with very funny skits (wouldn't surprise me if he was a writer on that show). Mostly recently, he plays a white rapper on a show called Trailer Park boys.

Eleanor was great. It can't be easy turning on the water works the way she did.

Cammy, I'm sorry, but I believe Cammy is "playing herself". Her line "I'm not really dumb" when the joke was revealed to Ingrid, was priceless in my book.

The ##### was the WORST actress. I worry about them bringing her back in the last episode. She could easily blow the whole thing with her horrible acting.

08-10-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Informal Schmo Poll"
I think I get Trailer Park Boys on BBC America...is that right? I'll have to look for him (but I knew he was familiar)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •