The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"show ends the 10th of aug"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

erickman 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-31-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erickman Click to send private message to erickman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"show ends the 10th of aug"
they will play all the shows that day then the 2 hour finaly. if the raitings are still at only 500,000 people watching i don't see them doing any repeats, so if you want to keep it on tape you better record it then. it looks like spike will forget that show ever hapened.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: show ends the 10th of aug ladro 07-31-04 1
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug erickman 08-01-04 2
       RE: show ends the 10th of aug vixie 08-05-04 15
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug xserver 08-01-04 3
       RE: show ends the 10th of aug ladro 08-01-04 4
           RE: show ends the 10th of aug erickman 08-01-04 5
           RE: show ends the 10th of aug xserver 08-04-04 11
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug Rabies 08-09-04 34
 RE: show ends the 10th of aug toddE 08-02-04 6
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug erickman 08-02-04 7
       RE: show ends the 10th of aug CantStandToLook 08-03-04 8
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug Loree 08-03-04 9
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug schmoe 08-04-04 12
       RE: show ends the 10th of aug MegsSweetPea 08-04-04 14
       RE: show ends the 10th of aug ParadiseLost 08-05-04 16
           RE: show ends the 10th of aug schmoe 08-05-04 17
               RE: show ends the 10th of aug ParadiseLost 08-06-04 19
                   RE: show ends the 10th of aug schmoe 08-07-04 20
                       RE: show ends the 10th of aug ParadiseLost 08-07-04 21
                           Response Esbea 08-07-04 23
                               RE: Response vixie 08-07-04 25
                               Response 2: Here to Sneer ParadiseLost 08-09-04 28
                                   RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer ParadiseLost 08-09-04 29
                                   RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer Esbea 08-09-04 30
                                       RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer ParadiseLost 08-10-04 36
                                           RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer Esbea 08-10-04 39
                                               RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer ParadiseLost 08-10-04 43
                                                   RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer Esbea 08-10-04 44
                                                       RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer ParadiseLost 08-11-04 45
                                                           RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer Esbea 08-11-04 46
                                       RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer - The... ParadiseLost 08-10-04 37
                                           RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer - The... Esbea 08-10-04 38
                                       PM question bdemoney 08-11-04 47
                                           RE: PM question Deonna 08-11-04 48
                                           RE: PM question Esbea 08-11-04 49
                                               RE: PM question Deonna 08-11-04 50
                                   additional Esbea 08-09-04 33
                   RE: show ends the 10th of aug Deonna 08-07-04 22
                       RE: show ends the 10th of aug Esbea 08-07-04 24
                   RE: show ends the 10th of aug EnglProf 08-11-04 51
 RE: show ends the 10th of aug Rabies 08-04-04 10
   RE: show ends the 10th of aug mmm_link 08-04-04 13
       RE: show ends the 10th of aug vixie 08-06-04 18
 are you sure? I_AM_HE 08-09-04 26
   RE: are you sure? vixie 08-09-04 27
   RE: are you sure? erickman 08-09-04 31
   RE: are you sure? Esbea 08-09-04 32
       RE: are you sure? vixie 08-10-04 35
           RE: are you sure? Esbea 08-10-04 40
               RE: are you sure? vixie 08-10-04 42
       Speaking of Hosing it up Esbea 08-10-04 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-31-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
This season has been a ratings bomb. But, I think there is a good chance Spike will buy a third season. Hopefully the producers have learned some leasons. i.e. women and college graduates don't make good schmoes, the actors should be outrageous not the host/show.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-01-04, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erickman Click to send private message to erickman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
they will make a schmo 3 when they make a joe mill 3. the only thing that saved the 1st one was we liked matt. the writing sucked most of the acting sucked.

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-05-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
I'm afraid you might be right. We loooved Matt. Tim is cute, Ingrid good now that she's in on the joke, but Amanda doesn't quite do it for me.
I don't think they ever can recapture the pure innocence of Matt
I just hope he is happy. These people I will forget about in 2 weeks

xserver 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-01-04, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xserver Click to send private message to xserver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
Actually, all of the Schmoes are college graduates...

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-01-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
I thought Matt was a college drop out. Are you sure he graduated?

08-01-04, 11:00 PM (EST)
5. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
>I thought Matt was a college
>drop out. Are you sure
>he graduated?

he was in law school thats where he meet his curent girlfriend, and thats where they got the skit of matt going to the producer

xserver 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xserver Click to send private message to xserver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
He dropped out of law school.

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
Who cares about the Schmoes when the biggest idiots involved in this show are the programming directors at Spike. I'm so pissed off with the lousy scheduling, "11:08" start times, etc that I think I could care less if they made another one.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-02-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
Gee, why all the hate? Ratings bomb or not--and questionable promotion aside--the show is great! Spike should replay it, I think anyone who watches even one episode will be hooked!

08-02-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
7. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
they promoted the show out the yeng yang, they play promos all the time on spike, and alot of people that saw it did not like it, so this show will die with the mole and one bad trip.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-04, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
The promoting out the ying yang as you put it was part of the gag I believe. I think the show suffered more this season from being put on too late at night than anything else. There are a lot of people who love wrestling but I dont think those some people would love Joe Schmoe, at least not all of them.

Put it in a better timeslot and I think they could have had another hit.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
If he drew a rainbow, I would have thought he was a twelve-year-old girl.~Debs FLOM Summary

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
I love this show. And I still think it's funny. I want there to be a Joe Schmo 3.

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
I totally agree, this show rocks!! I blame the low ratings on the the first several episodes which were a bit slow. Even since, though, its best thing on television.

I want more outrageous reality, more satire, and more juvenile humor.

John

Its a shame I had to watch 'Porked and Beans' ..... on such a small tv.

MegsSweetPea 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-04-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MegsSweetPea Click to send private message to MegsSweetPea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
I totally agree, once they turned Ingrid the hilarity of the show went through the roof. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long long while than I did during the last three episodes of JS2.

ParadiseLost 42 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ParadiseLost Click to send private message to ParadiseLost Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
>I totally agree, this show rocks!!
> I blame the low
>ratings on the the
>first several episodes which were
>a bit slow. Even
>since, though, its best thing
>on television.
>
>I want more outrageous reality, more
>satire, and more juvenile humor.

The first few episodes were "a bit slow"????? The first few episodes were dealing with the very real possibility that the whole show could fall apart because they'd obviously picked a girl far too smart - and suspicious - to be a Schmo! You found that "slow"? That was some of the most exciting television I've ever seen! It was also a genuine historic first in the genre of "fake" reality shows, which this show's creators pioneered. That made the show for me.

You don't want more reality - you want more scripted satire and juvenile humor. The factor of real people being involved is nil for you. For me, it's the heart and soul of the show.

08-05-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
The first few episodes were "a bit slow"?????
In comparison with the latter episodes, yes.

The first few episodes were dealing with the very real possibility that the whole show could fall apart because they'd obviously picked a girl far too smart - and suspicious - to be a Schmo! You found that "slow"?

What can I say, it wasn't as entertaining.

That was some of the most exciting television I've ever seen!

We'll have to agree to disagree.

It was also a genuine historic first in the genre of "fake" reality shows, which this show's creators pioneered. That made the show for me.

Glad it did for ya....

You don't want more reality

IMO your going over the line telling me what I like and dislike. And to top it off, you misquoted me. I stated that I wanted more outrageous reality. I liked the idea of subjecting "real" people to a reality with strange characters and warped drama. The scene with Austin's parents, particularly his creepy dad ... funny. The scene where Eleanor loses it when Austin chooses Amanda for a private date ... funny. The followup scene where Eleanor disses Austin at the Pearl Necklace ceremony... funny.

you want more scripted satire and juvenile humor.

Along with the outrageous reality, I like satire and juvenile humor. Thats why I like the show, funny on different levels.

The factor of real people being involved is nil for you.

Once again, your way over the line and completely wrong. The outrageous reality that I described above only works when you have real people. If the schmoes realize the reality is fake, the humor is lost. If the schmoes are too stupid, than the show veers into an exploitation of their stupidity. I'm not looking for that.

For me, it's the heart and soul of the show.

I'm truly touched.

08-06-04, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ParadiseLost Click to send private message to ParadiseLost Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
Sorry to have misinterpreted your comments about what you wanted from the show. I didn't intend to put words in your mouth. I was responding to what I thought you were stating as your preferences.

> For me, it's the heart
>and soul of the show.
>

>
>I'm truly touched.

Wow! (a word you won't find around here very much) In your three word response to my comment about heart and soul (two words you will NEVER find around here) you perfectly encapsulated the gestalt of this site. If there were 1,000 members of this site, 999 of them would have written the exact same answer or a similarly sarcastic mocking response to any expression of emotion.

Thanks for reminding me exactly why - and that - I don't belong here. And you can feel quite secure that you most certainly do.

08-07-04, 01:57 AM (EST)
20. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
>>>"The factor of real people being involved is nil for you. For
>>>me, it's the heart and soul of the show

>> I'm truly touched

>Wow! (a word you won't find around here very much) In your three
>word response to my comment about heart and soul (two words you
>will NEVER find around here) you perfectly encapsulated the
>gestalt of this site. If there were 1,000 members of this site,
>999 of them would have written the exact same answer or a
>similarly sarcastic mocking response to any expression of
>emotion.

Far from expression of emotion, your comment was condescending. Hence my sarcastic response.

You can have the last word. Feel free to make another quick judgment based on faulty comprehension.

08-07-04, 07:15 AM (EST)
21. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
What's amazing is that we both think this is probably the best show on TV right now, but we think so for reasons that are polar opposites.

When Tim, keeping as stiff an upper lip as he could, said after his eviction that if he could paint his feelings on a canvas, it would be mostly black, he was serious. He tried to smile and act lighthearted, but you could tell that he was in some real pain.

Here's my guess: you didn't give a rat's a## about that. You could barely wait to get thru the paragraph I just wrote about it.

There's a pathos to this series as well as brilliant, silly, and outrageous humor. That pathos stems from the fact that there are real people with real feelings being manipulated. Matt Kennedy Gould could laugh at himself and appreciate the joke played on him by "The Joe Schmo Show", as well as appreciate the money and gifts he won, but I'll bet he still isn't over the feeling of betrayal that Brian the Buddy wasn't his buddy at all. If he were to work thru it, it would require spending a lot of time with the real Brian and re-establishing a new relationship.

This series, "Joe Schmo 2", has a similarly good-hearted victim - this one said he would give a KIDNEY to the fake overbearing intimidating father of a fake girl, because he believes in this so much and he likes this fake girl so much. And the sincerity of his intention was verified by a polygraph machine.

Eleanor putting the make on the blow up doll - so funny I was rolling on the floor. Derek: "Omarosa - uh, Ambrosia, do you have any parting gifts? Sorry - parting words?" - hysterical! Montecore flying into the glass window on rehearsals - funny as hell, and I'm a hard core animal lover. As long as he wasn't really hurt. Rhett Reese totally absolving Jana Speaker of any blame for Ingrid catching on - I couldn't stop laughing! We all know why he did it, too! Despite that misleading nasal voice, he's a total red-blooded all-American male.

As you said, humor on a lot of levels.

Now TJ in the bathroom on a chain didn't do it for me - but if that cracked you up, fantastic! That just makes us different. It doesn't make me better than you or you better than me. It is impossible for me to act condescending to you because when I say you don't give a damn about aspects of this show like the producers panicking that their entire series and livelyhood is going to crash and burn, like Ingrid questioning her own sanity, like Tim seriously falling for a girl that doesn't exist, ALL I'm saying is that you don't give a damn about aspects of this show like the producers panicking that their entire series and livelyhood is going to crash and burn, like Ingrid questioning her own sanity, and like Tim seriously falling for a girl that doesn't exist. You said yourself that you found this stuff boring. There is NO "JUDGEMENT" implied or present in my re-stating it.

You said: "If the schmoes realize the reality is fake, the humor is lost. If the schmoes are too stupid, than the show veers into an exploitation of their stupidity."

I ask: Exactly what is in between? They either figure it out or they don't. If they don't, then they are truly "schmoes". That's what this series is all about. And that's why for me the reveal is the most riveting part. Because it's like - um, we've been enjoying their gullibility, laughing at them buying this stuff, but then there's also a few of us that are a little afraid for them, because altho we know that they are going to feel like crap when they find out, we don't want them feeling TOO bad. It's back to that pathos thing. But it's my fear for them that is actually part of why I find this show entertaining - that dramatic aspect - so in my own way I have as much a hand in exploiting them as anyone else.

As far as I know, I am so far in the minority here in my views on this show that it's ridiculous for me to even post here. Because in addition to laughing till it hurts, I have one other response to this show, and it's one that's patently clear I'm totally alone in on this site - I take this show very, VERY seriously. I really, REALLY care.

So you shouldn't feel judged or looked down on, buddy. You should be laughing your a## off at me. Sneering down at me. Just like everyone else here does.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-04, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Response"
I have to tell you that this post intrigued me. I actually took the time to look up all of your posts on this forum. Other than the above exchange with another new poster, I counted one sarcastic reply to you. And in all fairness, I wasnt sure when you started the thread about Everett if you were serious or not. I didnt see one case of anyone (let alone "everyone) laughing "their a## off" at you or "sneering down" at you. If I missed something, I would strongly encourage you to use the ALERT button on the offending post. Personal attacks on fellow posters arent tolerated on this site.

As far as your statement about being in the minority here for LIKING the show, thats simply untrue. People dont take time out of their day to come start threads, add to ongoing conversations and write summaries because they dislike the show. The summary writing especially. Youve expressed your dismay at the summaries posted here, yet when we had 3 up for grabs last week, where were you? Youve noted omissions/corrections on at least 2 previous summaries. People here go to great lengths to make sure that the summaries are accurate representations of what took place on the show. You obviously have a good eye, and while you may not care for the majority of the writers commentary, you might try writing one. Youll soon see that its impossible to do if you cant stand that show.

On another thread, I encouraged you to stay around. Only you can decide if you want to do that. I would be curious to know what your sweeping generalizations about the site and the people in the community are based on. I have no idea how long you read before you joined the site, but 10 posts suggests to me that you havent checked out enough of the site to insult the membership in such a manner. If youre interested in discussing whether or not Tim will end up in therapy, or how Ingrid might be feeling about scamming Tim, start a thread about it. My guess would be that youd get responses.

Thin-skinned people in marytr mode usually dont do well here. People who are serious about their reality programming and can laugh at themselves usually do. And lets face it, its a television show. Its not life or death to anyone. Not everyone is going to agree with whats funny, sad, or even stupid about the show. That you think you feel differently than others is fine. But when you choose to voice those differences in a certain tone and manner, dont be suprised when you get it back as good as you gave it. As it says at the top of the page, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."

Apologies to the Blues if Im stepping on toes

08-07-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Response"
Most eloquently put, and thanks Esbea. I think I like you.

08-09-04, 05:39 AM (EST)
28. "Response 2: Here to Sneer"
Well, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time and effort to compose a thoughtful response to my post, Esbea.

>On another thread, I encouraged you
>to stay around.

Yes, and I never did acknowledge that, but I did take your advice, and I stuck around a while longer. So thanks for that, too. You seem like a nice person...

>If
>youre interested in discussing whether
>or not Tim will end
>up in therapy...start a thread
>about it.

However, the next time you write a post trying to show that no one is mocking me, could you please try to do it without mocking me? That would be really helpful. Thanks.

>I
>would be curious to know
>what your sweeping generalizations about
>the site and the people
>in the community are based
>on. I have no
>idea how long you read
>before you joined the site,
>but 10 posts suggests to
>me that you havent checked
>out enough of the site
>to insult the membership in
>such a manner.

Fair enough question. Actually I haven't been anywhere except the "Joe Schmo" area of this site, so my impressions are solely based on the cross section of the membership that is interested in that series. I really didn't even think outside this particular box. My sweeping generalizations are indeed not about the whole membership of Reality TV World, but only about the members who frequent the "Joe Schmo" area.

Because I didn't have anyone in my personal life that loved - or even liked - "Joe Schmo 2", I went on the Internet searching for people I could share my love of the show with - looking for sympatico people in all the wrong places. But nothing could be more wrong than this.

Meet Paradise Lost, a reality TV fan that has signed up for a "Joe Schmo" fan site that he thinks is real. While the clues that it isn't are all around him from day one - the writer of the first episode summary said "The whole spoof is so over the top that even the stupidest government employee could figure out the joke. The “acting” is pathetic. No better than really bad soap opera, the sophomore class play, or those sniveling wannabes we saw two hours ago on Next Action Star. And the dialogue, while intended to be cheesy, is beyond processed cheese food; so laughably bad that it elicits sniggling from the two folks who are supposed to find it believable." and even called called Executive Producer/Co-Creator/Writer Rhett Reese "Brite Weaselfeces" - he still doesn't catch on. In fact, Paradise Lost is so clueless and in love with the show that he really can't see that this summary writer is ripping the show to pieces, and he posts a serious response to the review as if the writer were a sympatico ally! Oddly enough, the writer posts a respectful, serious reply. So Paradise Lost, while disturbed on a subconscious level about the review's tone, maintains the illusion that he is in the right place.

Then he reads SableBunny's post, which rings loud bells about why he is feeling that subconscious discomfort:
The recaps are for those of us who watch the show and want to make fun of it as well as for those of us who don't watch the show and want to remember why. This entire board, in fact, serves that purpose for all reality TV. If you want serious, I suggest going to the show's official pages...you won't find it here. If you're looking to fill in some gaps in the storyline, you can always just post your question and I'm sure someone who saw the show can give you the answer. Probably even the recapper...since it's usually certain they watched the show.
Between the snarking lines, you can usually get the gist of what the show was about. In the case of this particular episode, that recap pretty much nailed the content. The funny stuff is the spoon (and sometimes cup) full of sugar that makes the medicine go down.

Now, SableBunny has 80-some posts, and familiarity with other areas of the site. What SableBunny said seemed to jive with what I'd seen and felt. For instance, I_AM_HE wrote a summary and felt obligated to not only leave his positive feelings out of the summary but to put them in tiny print at the end as if apologizing for them. Why? WHY??

>I wasnt sure
>when you started the thread
>about Everett if you were
>serious or not.

I was quite serious, tho not out of any overconcern for the well-being of an amphibian. At a couple of other sites I was surprised to learn that there was a fairly widespread misconception that the frog had died in real life, and that this had inspired the writers to put the frog's death into the show and have the acting and reality casts react to that. It was apparently based on the phrasing of one of the actors in a candid interview about the frog on the show. TV Tome even added to the end of its summary, "And no, the frog didn't really die." So I figured if any of my buddies back at RTVW were also under that misconception, that I could clear it up. But of course everyone here was far too savvy for that, so all I got was sarcasm and inanity. That was my 5th post, I think, so how many sarcastic reactions do you need at that point to solidify an already growing impression?

> Youve expressed your dismay
>at the summaries posted here,
>yet when we had 3
>up for grabs last week,
>where were you?

I was over at SpikeTV.com chatting with Austin.

Seriously, tho, I was under the impression that there were dozens of people on the waiting list to write these summaries - I am apparently mistaken. I actually did consider putting my name in as a candidate to write a summary, but I didn't think anyone here would want to read what I would want to write about this show. I am in awe of the creators, I think Ralph Garman is one of the most talented people working in television, I think Amanda is the sweetest cutest thing, I think Tim is a genuinely noble person, I think Ingrid is a far better actress than she gives herself credit for (I'm referencing her chat at Spike), I think the editors on this show deserve an Emmy, I think the Preview Editors deserve not only an Emmy but a large portion of the credit for what makes this show so good - along with Ralph's voice-overs on those same previews.

These are my feelings and they would color any summary I would write. I can't hide my love of the show, and the fact that I am both tickled and touched by it, in small print at the bottom.

Nobody here wants to read that stuff. Though the styles of the summaries vary, and some - including yours - add some very funny observations, there is a uniform tone of being "above" liking or appreciating the work of these talented people.

schmoe, the guy who I was responding to here, found Eleanor's dissing of Austin "very funny".

It made me cry.

>But
>when you choose to voice
>those differences in a certain
>tone and manner, dont be
>suprised when you get it
>back as good as you
>gave it. As it says
>at the top of the
>page, "If you disagree with
>something I write, tell me
>so, argue with me, correct
>me--but don't tell me to
>shut up. That's not the
>American way."

I never told anybody to shut up. I never set out to insult anybody, either. Is there anyone here who has even tried to hide that they are here to sneer, here to mock, here to make fun of, here to laugh at? Is there anyone who doesn't in fact wear their cynicism as a badge of pride? So if I observe this, why should anyone feel insulted?

This is the feeling I have about the majority of the people that I have encountered here. But "thin skinned" or not, I won't need therapy for my experiences here, any more than Tim will need it for his experiences on "Joe Schmo 2".

But if you guys want to give me $100,000 to ease the pain, my PayPal name is (removed by moderator)

08-09-04, 05:56 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
P.S. I didn't really put my PayPal name in the above post. I typed the (removed by moderator) in there. It was a joke. I needed to put this info in another post to maximimize the effect of the joke by making it appear real there. But I don't want anyone to think I'm really that much of an idiot!

08-09-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-04 AT 07:50 PM (EST)

"Yes, and I never did acknowledge that, but I did take your advice, and I stuck around a while longer. So thanks for that, too. You seem like a nice person..."

Thank you. You do as well. The fact that you took the time to make a well thought out response tells me that you probably would do well here. We have many other forums. The larger ones (Survivor, Amazing Race, etc) are divided into "Fanatics" "Bashers" and "Spoilers" sections to make it much easier to find conversations in which you want to participate. If you watch a lot of reality programming, I suspect that you would enjoy them.

"However, the next time you write a post trying to show that no one is mocking me, could you please try to do it without mocking me? That would be really helpful. Thanks."

I was absolutely not mocking you. In the least. I had in fact mulled over adding a disclamier to the post telling you so, but thought I had worded it carefully enough that it would be understood. There was a show not too long ago, "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee", and there were several people who brought up the mental fallout for the contestant and her family. It was a sincere statement, and I stand by it.

"That was my 5th post(RE Everett), I think, so how many sarcastic reactions do you need at that point to solidify an already growing impression?

One? In all honesty, the reason I thought you were being sarcastic was that it was inconcievable to me that they would actually kill the frog. It never crossed my mind (though I cant speak for anyone else here) that anyone would seriously believe that Everett was "offed" in order to "keep it real". I wouldnt say that makes me "savvy". Perhaps just not as cynical.

"Seriously, tho, I was under the impression that there were dozens of people on the waiting list to write these summaries - I am apparently mistaken. I actually did consider putting my name in as a candidate to write a summary, but I didn't think anyone here would want to read what I would want to write about this show."

For the "bigger shows", there are people lining up...many more than there are summaries to write. I really wish you HAD put your name in. As you have seen, we all have different styles. We also know how much work it is. And none of us know if anyone wants to read what we write. You never know until you try. Are you familiar with the PM function here? If you have a question as to why someone wrote the way they did and arent comfortable posting it on the thread, you can ask them directly and privately. Most of us are nice people. Really. Im sure that you would get a respectful response.

Let me just add that I never called you "thin skinned". That people laugh at the show, that they mock it, that they bash the contestants...all true. But no one would be here if they werent watching because its entertaining....by default, its hard to assume yourself "above" something if youre laughing your butt off at it. While "Eleanors" dissing of "Austin" didnt make me cry, I thought it way cool that she felt empowered enough to do that. I dont think that there are too many "Austins" in the world that get the dressing down that she gave him while lifting herself up. Do others share that feeling? I have no idea, but if someone wants to laugh, (in my mind) its their perogative, it doesnt take away from what I got out of it. And Im not saying that you feel it does, I guess my point is that there are some who wouldnt be willing to admit it.

Naturally, the above post reflects only my personal views which probably arent worth the paper they arent printed on.

08-10-04, 05:24 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
>"That was my 5th post(RE Everett),
>I think, so how many
>sarcastic reactions do you need
>at that point to solidify
>an already growing impression?
>
>One?

Exactly! That's a 20% sarcasm reply rate. My posts complimenting the show have about an 80% NO-reply rate. My posts containing sweeping generalizations about the membership? 100% reply rate!

I reread the Everett thread and was struck by something that I think will surprise you: the reply which I believe you are considering sarcastic - which is by CantStandToLook - is not the one that bothered me! Is that indeed the one you called sarcastic? Because yeah, that's sarcastic, but that is not the one that infuriated me. It didn't make me feel good, and certainly contributed to my overall impressions of the membership as mockers, but it's not the one that got my goat. The one that got my goat was by ladro who said:
"mabye (sic) this post helps explain why this season is not as good as the first season."

That really burned me up. Because when someone posts a short comment that appears pithy and tart, but which is also obscure, without explaining the reasoning behind it, the suggestion is that anyone as "smart" as them will immediately be able to unravel the thought processes that led to the comment, and everyone else isn't worth bothering to communicate with.

That superior attitude is infuriating to me. My only comfort is that with that kind of post, the probability that there is NO reasoning behind it is 50%. Because some people will say things like that just to appear smart. And there's a 100% probability that this person is a poor communicator.

>In all
>honesty, the reason I thought
>you were being sarcastic was
>that it was inconcievable to
>me that they would actually
>kill the frog. It
>never crossed my mind (though
>I cant speak for anyone
>else here) that anyone would
>seriously believe that Everett was
>"offed" in order to "keep
>it real". I wouldnt
>say that makes me "savvy".
> Perhaps just not as
>cynical.

Hmm, I'm not sure how you got to the frog being "offed". What people thought was that the frog playing Everett had died of natural causes while the series was shooting. Rather than re-cast Everett's role with a new frog, the producers decided to write his death into the script. They knew that no other frog could really play the Everett role as well, anyway. Besides, the frog wrangler was the highest-paid member of the crew, and with them having to lay out an extra $100,000 to Amanda due to Ingrid's refusal to be fooled, they figured they could cut some costs. Union rules require animal actors to be hired from licensed agencies and to have a full time trainer/wrangler on set.

Okay, part of that was me elaborating on the misconception. But it's true that the idea that the frog had died of natural causes came from a comment made by one of the acting cast members when talking to the camera - some wording like "nature took its course" - and people interpreted it that the frog died in real life before he died in the script.

>I was absolutely not mocking you.
>In the least. I
>had in fact mulled over
>adding a disclamier to the
>post telling you so, but
>thought I had worded it
>carefully enough that it would
>be understood. There was
>a show not too long
>ago, "My Big Fat Obnoxious
>Fiancee", and there were several
>people who brought up the
>mental fallout for the contestant
>and her family. It
>was a sincere statement, and
>I stand by it.

I loved that show! What's her name, Randi, right? I've seen her co-hosting on the TV Guide Channel. She looks OK to me.

Wow, I had not heard of any serious damage that had resulted from that show. I do know that Rocket Science Laboratories, which made the show, was sued by a couple for psychological damages on another of their shows, "Temptation Island". And I wanted to sue them for bad TV on "The Next Joe Millionaire". Were they sued for MBFOF, too? Heck, they already gave the family a million.

It's almost enough to make a company get out of the cruel exploitative reality TV field.

So, the idea of lasting psychological damage from being on a reality show has yet to be verified - at least as far as I know. I think I'd rather you have been mocking me than to believe that shows like this could really cause damage that serious. It kind of takes the fun out of watching these shows. But I absolutely take your word that you weren't mocking me, now that you've explained it.

>Let me just add that I
>never called you "thin skinned".
>That people laugh at the
>show, that they mock it,
>that they bash the contestants...all
>true. But no one
>would be here if they
>werent watching because its entertaining....by
>default, its hard to assume
>yourself "above" something if youre
>laughing your butt off at
>it.

I guess I just don't get that. And what makes me feel isolated is that I also tune in to the pathos on this show, which is what I meant when I said I was in the minority here - not in liking the show, but in "my views on the show".

The absurdity of mocking a "reality" show that is mocking reality shows never seems to occur to anyone. It takes mocking to a whole new level. If you mock "Forever Eden" because a bunch of self-obsessed hardbodies without a whole brain between them are strutting around plotting to win a game that neither they nor the viewers know the rules of (nor apparently the producers), you're mocking the shallowness and ridiculousness of reality TV at its worst. If you mock "Joe Schmo", you're mocking the hard, creative work of writers and actors and a crew that are working their butts off to both entertain you AND keep it real enough to make the show's central joke work. It seems to me that to mock these fellow mockers of reality TV can only come out of a need to feel superior to everyone. I may be wrong about that, but I'm quite surprised that these pretty clever guys pointing out the same reality TV absurdities that people on this site have probably busted on many times aren't considered "one of us" instead of people to find fault with.

On the other hand, mabye that shows why this season is not as good as the first season.

No it's not as good as the first season. It's way, way better!

>While "Eleanors" dissing
>of "Austin" didnt make me
>cry, I thought it way
>cool that she felt empowered
>enough to do that.
>I dont think that there
>are too many "Austins" in
>the world that get the
>dressing down that she gave
>him while lifting herself up.
> Do others share that
>feeling? I have no
>idea, but if someone wants
>to laugh, (in my mind)
>its their perogative, it doesnt
>take away from what I
>got out of it.
>And Im not saying that
>you feel it does, I
>guess my point is that
>there are some who wouldnt
>be willing to admit it.

Can I just say something here, and have you know in advance that I am absolutely not making fun of you, but in fact identifying with you?

I don't know if 'perogative' was a typo for you or not, but I will candidly admit that until the year 2004 I really thought that that was the word and the way it was spelled and pronounced. I went through elementary school and high school and college with a degree in *English* and I got through all that believing the word was perogative. It was how I spelled it and how I pronounced it. I don't believe I was ever corrected. When I read the word it was also how I saw it in my head. Lately I'd noticed a word "prerogative" and I wondered what it meant. In context it seemed to be used exactly like perogative, with the same meaning.

Finally I looked it up in the dictionary and found that not only did it have the same meaning but it was actually the proper spelling for a word that didn't even exist - "perogative".

Now that I know it is prerogative - I still can't prounounce, nor can I hear, that first "r". I wonder how widespread this is.

As for Eleanor, the actress who played her revealed in her post-eviction Spike chat that she was on an adrenaline high for four hours after that last scene with Austin. She knew as an actress she had reached a true high point in her career. I really felt it, too. It was a triumph both for her character in the story and for her in her own life.

Yeah, that part about "And I found out that I'm a kind, pretty, funny lady..." just went right to my throat and turned on my tear ducts. And when I watched a second time, it did the same thing. I'm not ashamed of that. And the acclaim for her performance was very widespread - so widespread that it even made it onto this site! Not in the episode summary but in the fine print at the end.

>The fact that you took the time to make a well thought out
>response tells me that you probably would do well here.

Well, thank you, Esbea. Is it too late for me to volunteer to write up the final hour?

08-10-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-04 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

"Exactly! That's a 20% sarcasm reply rate. My posts complimenting the show have about an 80% NO-reply rate."

I have to say that after going back and researching that comment, I am confused at how you reached your conculsion. I found 2 posts on summaries where you pointed out things missed by the summarizer coupled with a "good job" type statement. Similar, I might point out, to many other posts on the threads that did not seem to warrant a reply. I found and pleasant exchange with Joisey on his summary. I found 2 replies to you on Tiger Lilys summary both noting that they agreed with you with regard to liking the show. Our exchanges here have been civil and postive, so Im not sure where your coming from with the (about) 80% figure.

"That really burned me up. Because when someone posts a short comment that appears pithy and tart, but which is also obscure, without explaining the reasoning behind it, the suggestion is that anyone as "smart" as them will immediately be able to unravel the thought processes that led to the comment, and everyone else isn't worth bothering to communicate with."

While the onus for clarity on this site lies with the poster, it seems to me that a whole lot is being read into what was posted.

"That superior attitude is infuriating to me. My only comfort is that with that kind of post, the probability that there is NO reasoning behind it is 50%. Because some people will say things like that just to appear smart. And there's a 100% probability that this person is a poor communicator."

This comment could be seen by some as a personal attack on a fellow poster, which the moderators take a very dim view of. I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and suggest that if you dont understand why someone posted something in particular, it might be less infuriating to ask them what they meant or why they are taking a certain position rather than assuming the worst. Unless you know someone well, its impossible to know exactly what their motivation is for anything. By deciding on ones own what someone else feeling/thinking/saying/implying/inferring doesnt make one any better at communication than the original offender.

"Wow, I had not heard of any serious damage that had resulted from that show. I do know that Rocket Science Laboratories, which made the show, was sued by a couple for psychological damages on another of their shows, "Temptation Island". And I wanted to sue them for bad TV on "The Next Joe Millionaire". Were they sued for MBFOF, too? Heck, they already gave the family a million."

Not that Im aware of. I was using that as an example as discussions that had been brought up. Badly done perhaps. It was to illustrate the point that I wasnt mocking you, but that people DO discuss things like that.

"If you mock "Joe Schmo", you're mocking the hard, creative work of writers and actors and a crew that are working their butts off to both entertain you AND keep it real enough to make the show's central joke work. It seems to me that to mock these fellow mockers of reality TV can only come out of a need to feel superior to everyone. I may be wrong about that, but I'm quite surprised that these pretty clever guys pointing out the same reality TV absurdities that people on this site have probably busted on many times aren't considered "one of us" instead of people to find fault with."

Or possibly, we are just mocking ourselves for being so completely entertained by what certainly cant be considered high-brow programming. Theres no question that its easy to say "Id have never done that...Id have caught on...". When the reality is that, if given the chance, theyd have been there, doing the exact same thing. Its human nature to Monday Morning Quarterback, and lets face it.....its nice to see someone else be an idiot for an hour. Everyone does stupid things, its fun for an hour NOT to be the only one.

"And the acclaim for her performance was very widespread - so widespread that it even made it onto this site! Not in the episode summary but in the fine print at the end."

Like I said...fine print is a good thing.

"Well, thank you, Esbea. Is it too late for me to volunteer to write up the final hour?"

Youre welcome. I believe that woeisme1 has offered to do the finale. The last time that I heard from her, she was willing to collaborate with someone else because it was a 2 hour episode. You might try PMing her. Shes a lovely, gentle soul. Im sure shed be grateful for the help if no one has already offered to help her out.

To PM:
You would need to find one of her posts, in the upper right hand corner there is an envelope. If you click on it, it will take you to the sites message center and allow you to type in a message. When youve finished, click "send" and it will go to Woe's private on-site mailbox. Its usually a good idea to post on an active thread that youve sent PM with the recipients name in the subject line. You can tell if you have gotten a reply by going to a main forum page (I usually click on Off Topic in the blue column to the left of this page) and there will be a red flag waving at the top saying that you have new messages.

EDITED TO ADD: Regarding Everett? They took him away from Cammy and put him in a closed environment with a natural predator. TO ME, "nature took its course" says that Montecore did what came naturally and killed the frog, not that Everett died a natural death. Hence, the only way for Everett to "really" be dead, in my mind, was for him to be intentionally killed by the production team. Besides being incredibly inhumane, Im sure SPIKEs got enough special interest groups on their back without adding PETA.

Thanks for the digression in your original post. I have mild dyslexia and my brain goes faster than my fingers. Catching ALL the typos sometimes is too much work.

08-10-04, 07:30 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
>"That really burned me up. Because
>when someone posts a short
>comment that appears pithy and
>tart, but which is also
>obscure, without explaining the reasoning
>behind it, the suggestion is
>that anyone as "smart" as
>them will immediately be able
>to unravel the thought processes
>that led to the comment,
>and everyone else isn't worth
>bothering to communicate with."
>
>While the onus for clarity on
>this site lies with the
>poster, it seems to me
>that a whole lot is
>being read into what was
>posted.

TA DA! Of course a lot is being read into what was posted! Because the post itself communicates nothing! My point exactly. So what else CAN you do except read into it? All we really know for sure about this is:

The poster either:

a) assumes that the thought processes used to arrive at the conclusion THIS POST ABOUT A FROG'S HEALTH DEMONSTRATES WHY SEASON 2 IS NOT AS GOOD AS SEASON 1 are self evident

or

b) is deliberately withholding these thought processes - and I can see no reason to do this other than an attitude that anyone smart enough would be able to figure it out without having it explained

or

c) has no thought processes.

Since to anyone with an elementary grasp of either logic or common sense, a conclusion which can be supported can not be directly extrapolated from a presupposition which is in no way directly related, the comment is either deliberately obscure or completely nonsensical.

it might be less infuriating to ask them what they meant or why they are taking a certain position rather than assuming the worst. Unless you know someone well, its impossible to know exactly what their motivation is for anything. By deciding on ones own what someone else feeling/thinking/saying/implying/inferring doesnt make one any better at communication than the original offender.

The reason I choose to read into it rather than contacting the poster to ask what they meant is that nothing about the content or language of this post makes ME personally want to even know what this person meant. And again, to me the tone suggests deliberate obscurity as well as presumed superiority.

I mean, be honest - can you say out loud

"mabye this post helps explain why this season is not as good as the first season"

WITHOUT spitting!?

"Thanks for the digression in your original post. I have mild dyslexia and my brain goes faster than my fingers. Catching ALL the typos sometimes is too much work."

Way too much work, IMO. This is the Internet, not a doctoral thesis.

But that thing about "prerogative" I was genuinely curious about, because it was a mistake I made for most of my life. I guess for you it was just a typo. Boy do I feel dumb. Not for having done it but for having admitted it. Because good spelling is a point of pride for me, and to admit that that one word got by me, and for all those years, was, well, about as bright as admitting I cried at Eleanor's exit speech.

Thanks for the crash course in PM-ing. I know that will save me a lot of time when I do it. Whether I will do it tonight, I don't even know at this very second.

Just to be clear, I'm not SURE it was the "nature took its course" phrase that confused people about Everett, I just know that a bunch of people were confused. I undestood that meant that the falcon had followed its bird of prey instincts and attacked. I just know that something someone said somewhere confused a lot of folks. I hope this somewhat clears some things up in some way.

"Exactly! That's a 20% sarcasm reply rate. My posts complimenting the show have about an 80% NO-reply rate."

I have to say that after going back and researching that comment, I am confused at how you reached your conculsion. I found 2 posts on summaries where you pointed out things missed by the summarizer coupled with a "good job" type statement. Similar, I might point out, to many other posts on the threads that did not seem to warrant a reply. I found and pleasant exchange with Joisey on his summary. I found 2 replies to you on Tiger Lilys summary both noting that they agreed with you with regard to liking the show. Our exchanges here have been civil and postive, so Im not sure where your coming from with the (about) 80% figure.

Guess what percent of my instinctual emotional reactions to my experiences at this site are determined by statistics?

Anyway, I was just playing around there. However I'm pretty sure the 100% sweeping generalization rate was correct You've actually spent more time analyzing my posts and their responses than I have. Your findings have indeed been revealing, and certainly don't support what I have imagined my communications here to have been.

08-10-04, 09:04 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
I think you forgot possiblity

D) The poster doesnt think this season was as good as the last one because they arent keeping it "real". (in reference to your post about the frog being alive instead of dead as portrayed)

I CAN honestly say that I havent seen anything typed on a posting board that makes me want to spit. My energies are required elsewhere.

"But that thing about "prerogative" I was genuinely curious about, because it was a mistake I made for most of my life. I guess for you it was just a typo. Boy do I feel dumb. Not for having done it but for having admitted it."<---- That? Just silly. Language is a bit of a hobby for me. Ours, particularly, is full of oddities, and it was an interesting digression.

08-11-04, 02:22 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-04 AT 03:19 AM (EST)

>I think you forgot possiblity
>
>D) The poster doesnt think this
>season was as good as
>the last one because they
>arent keeping it "real". (in
>reference to your post about
>the frog being alive instead
>of dead as portrayed)

Any interpretation of the comment that you or I or anyone else might extrapolate (and to do so assumes some sort of reasoning behind the post) would fall under categories A or B.
>
>I CAN honestly say that I
>havent seen anything typed on
>a posting board that makes
>me want to spit.

Misinterpretation. It's not "wanting" to spit. It's that the pronunciation of the words "mabye this post helps explain why this season is not as good as the first season" out loud tends to sound like and encourage actual SPitting, which makes me feel like the poster was SPitting when they posted it. I guess it's all those "s"s and "p"s. Try it. If you still don't understand I'll splain it to you later. LUUUU-CY!!!!!

08-11-04, 07:51 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer"
"Any interpretation of the comment that you or I or anyone else might extrapolate (and to do so assumes some sort of reasoning behind the post) would fall under categories A or B."

Sorry, no. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. As to the rest, I spent many years as a young child in speech therapy to loose a serious lisp. I can do it. Trust me.

Simple Caesar sniffed his snifter, seized his knees, and sneezed.

08-10-04, 06:46 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer - The Sequel"
You know, Esbea, I've been looking over some of the posts in this very thread. While there are certainly some people who like the show, the venom and hatred for it significantly outweighs the love. And I mean REAL venom, REAL hatred. Very nasty stuff. Read it yourself.

My question is - What are these people doing here???

If they hate "Joe Schmo 2" so much, why don't they go somewhere else?

The only possible answer to this is that they're Here to Sneer.

08-10-04, 08:22 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Response 2: Here to Sneer - The Sequel"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-04 AT 04:12 PM (EST)

Your final question is probably best answered by those who made the posts. Its certainly not my place to explain anyones thought process but mine.

And I would submit to you (and anyone else who chooses to use that particular word on these boards) that to "hate" would entail emotion so strong that someone is willing to commit their every waking moment and available resources to eradicate that which offends them. Personally, it troubles me greatly to see it used so casually. If someone is HONESTLY feeling "hatred" toward a television production, then they have issues that are best addressed by a certified professional. (FTR, this isnt directed personally at you, Ive seen it used very often when it is obviously just a handy word to use because the poster didnt care for another opinion expressed).

On reviewing the thread, I saw someone say that they found the actors forgettable (compared to Matt), and the rest of the negative comments were directed at SPIKE and the writers/production team. Venom? Possibly. I doubt anyone posting has the enough of an emotional investment into what happens to these people to hate them.

I couldnt be more sincere when I say that if a few vitriolic comments about this program and its participants pass for REAL hatred in your world, then you are, indeed, a lucky individual.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "PM question"
Esbea, I see you mention the PM function in your post above, yet even though I have been a member here for quite some time I am unaware (or unable to figure out) of how to PM another individual. Would you mind walking me through this function? Much thanks in advance!

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-11-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: PM question"
For fun I sent you a pm. If you go to the conferences page you should see your red flag waving.

Deonna

08-11-04, 01:12 PM (EST)
49. "RE: PM question"
In case the wonderful Deonna hasnt helped you out yet, you can find a pretty clear explanation in post #39. The only difference would be to omit woeisme1's name and substitute for it the person you would like to PM.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

08-11-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: PM question"
*smooches*

Deonna

08-09-04, 08:55 PM (EST)
33. "additional "
I had to go back and put sablebunny's post in context. As I said before, I cant speak for anyone but myself, but I patently disagree with what was posted. And while sablebunny has more posts than you do, there are people here who have over 15,000 posts. Maybe that will give a little perspective. Or maybe it wont.

"These are my feelings and they would color any summary I would write. I can't hide my love of the show, and the fact that I am both tickled and touched by it, in small print at the bottom." I should also tell you that getting in the small print around here is a GOOD thing.

08-07-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
22. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
"Wow! (a word you won't find around here very much) In your three word response to my comment about heart and soul (two words you will NEVER find around here) you perfectly encapsulated the gestalt of this site. If there were 1,000 members of this site, 999 of them would have written the exact same answer or a similarly sarcastic mocking response to any expression of emotion.

Thanks for reminding me exactly why - and that - I don't belong here. And you can feel quite secure that you most certainly do."

Howdy and welcome to the site. There are about 17,000 members to this site, because it is a truly amazing community. While everyone may not agree with each other, most are at least respectful of each other’s opinions. I have only been here about a year, but I have to strongly disagree with your statements about the people here.

Deonna

08-07-04, 06:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
especially that Deonna...she's a peach.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-11-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
Hi Lost-- emotion is what guides my posts here on RTVW, well, that and my amazing intellect . Ha!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that you are very much in the right place, emotion and all. Welcome to the boards!

A good mix of soul baring & arguments are what these boards are all about. Stick around and you'll fit right in.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-04 AT 01:03 AM (EST)

SPIKE is run by a bunch of morons.
Last night, I tune in to the last minutes of OBLIVIOUS (great show by the way). Show ends. It's 11:00. Commercials come on.

More commercials. Not a single "Stay tuned for Joe Schmoe!" clip. NOTHING to tell the Oblivious viewers to stick around.

By 11:07 they've re-run commercial after commercial for wrestling and other Spike shows or Spike "identity" spots, and still not a single mention of the show that's on next.

11:07 and 45 seconds: What do you know, a short clip that shows what the next 3 shows are gonna be, and then 11:08pm finally Joe Schmoe starts.

WTF!?! 8 minutes of Spike commercials over and over is a SURE-FIRE way to get people to change the channel. What the hell are they smoking over there?!?! And why is the show cut down to 52 minutes?

~RB

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-04-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
Monday nights were too late for me. I waited until they replayed in on Tuesday 10 pm EST. The diarrea scene was classic. I see they also panned to Derek (and his hand in his pocket) when they were doing the Ghost competition.

I don't know about Tim Walsh but I would have been whispering in Cami's ear begging her to go out with me and that the two of us should bow out of the competition.

08-06-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: show ends the 10th of aug"
Okay, I gotta get out of here. Too serious for me today, I need sarcasm, sophomoric humor, innuendo and irony! Bring it bay-be!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "are you sure?"
i've checked spike's site and tvguide.com, and i only see time slotted for the 2-hour finale. when do the replyas start? i've gotta make sure i get my brother to tape the right time!

08-09-04, 00:21 AM (EST)
27. "RE: are you sure?"
okay, well that is very weird. I had scrolled ahead on my DTV guide to Tuesday (yesterday, in fact) and it showed JS2 marathon starting at 1 or 2pm est and going until the finale...very strange, indeed.

08-09-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
31. "RE: are you sure?"
yep looks like spike is running from this show as fast as they can. an they are playing it at the worst time up against a big brother with a veto meating with fireworks then amazing race.

08-09-04, 07:55 PM (EST)
32. "RE: are you sure?"
I checked my listings online. It looks like a rerun of last weeks episode tonight. Tomorrow, from 9AM until 4PM, they re-air the entire series. The 2hr. finale comes on at 9PM. (all times, naturally, are EST)

Im taping the whole thing for a friend, so if your brother cant/wont/hoses it up let me know. Id be happy to make you a not-for-profit/for your personal viewing pleasure only copy.

hopefully that will protect me from a copyright infringement suit. If Spike chooses to sue me, I reserve the right to rescind said offer. Id do poorly in the slammer.

08-10-04, 00:12 AM (EST)
35. "RE: are you sure?"
You are correct sir! (or madman)...wait, madam
For some reason, my guide went berserk (dtv) but now it shows the full season as you mentioned from 6am (Pacific time for us here in Cali) until 2pm (again Pacific time), with a 4 hour break for MXC, etc, then it starts back up at 6pm PDT or 9pm Eastern for the Finale, finally.

08-10-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
40. "RE: are you sure?"
Ill accept that Freudian slip.

MXC? bwahahahahaha....did you do that because of my summary?

08-10-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
42. "RE: are you sure?"
Not because of you summary, per se, but the thought did cross my mind. MXC...OMG!
BTW your summary was so very clever and did made me laugh.

08-10-04, 09:51 AM (EST)
41. "Speaking of Hosing it up"
The tape is rolling, but I missed about the first half hour of the first show. I shall not miss any more. Just thought some of you might be interested. I will understand if this not-for-profit/for-your-personal-viewing-pleasure-only copy no longer fits your needs. If not, let me know. I will respond to emails and PMs, I just havent had time yet.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •