The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone else disappointed in the first episode?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-16-04, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone else disappointed in the first episode?"
I was looking forward to this show big time. But I found myself chaning channels during the commercials, and not caring much if I missed a minute or two here or there. I am going to continue to watch, but I watched each episode of JS1 at least twice, that isn't going to happen with JS2. I can't quite put my finger on why I don't find this show as interesting. Some possiblities that i came up with:

1. Two Schmoes (rather than one) dillutes the story line too much. Such a large percentage of the show was focused on the Schmoes' reactions and comments that feel that I barely know most of the actors.

2. The acting isn't as good as in JS1.

3. Ingrid (and possibly Tim) is just too smart and critically thinking to not see the contradictions and loose threads in the show.

4. Playing a practical joke on a woman just isn't as funny as playing a practical joke on a guy.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone else disappointed in the... Sweater_Puffs 06-18-04 1
 RE: Anyone else disappointed in the... Neffer 06-21-04 2
 RE: Anyone else disappointed in the... ScarletTDog 06-23-04 3
   RE: Anyone else disappointed in the... Schmoron 06-23-04 4
       RE: Anyone else disappointed in the... ScarletTDog 06-23-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-18-04, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone else disappointed in the first episode?"
Maybe a little, but give it time. It's like starting a new book and we don't really know the characters yet.

I do get the feeling that it may not be as raunchy/bawdy as the first one which would be a shame. I was hoping the drunk girl would stick around longer, she's like Kip and Hutch all rolled into one. I think the ones being axed will return though, just a hunch.

Who did this? I'll pull your pants down... right now! - Kip

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Neffer 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-21-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Neffer Click to send private message to Neffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anyone else disappointed in the first episode?"

>2. The acting isn't as good as in JS1.

There's a comment I would never have predicted Ladro, much less ever thought I would agree with. Of course now I do.

"How'd they find you?" - Ingrid
"May agent called me this morning" - Extra4life actress

ScarletTDog 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-23-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ScarletTDog Click to send private message to ScarletTDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone else disappointed in the first episode?"
I'm really dissappointed.

However, to be fair, I honestly think they hit the jackpot with Matt. I truly think he was one in a million and absolutely *made* the first show. He was the *perfect* nice/gullible guy and the 90% of the hilarity of that season was seeing his bulging eyes and honest attempts to mitigate awkward situations. I mean, they achieved comedy gold with their "talent show" and Matt's reaction to "Dr. Pat's" puppet performance. I literally was crying, I was laughing so hard.

I give the producers kudos for *wanting* lightening to strike twice, but I don't think the ingredients are there.

Schmoron 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-23-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schmoron Click to send private message to Schmoron Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone else disappointed in the first episode?"
Yep, I agree. There will never be another Matt, PERIOD! Hutch and Brian were also priceless. (I practically peeed myself during Matts dance) Matt had no "game", he was just himself, and that is what was so cool about him.

The new show is funny in other ways, I just find myself having to look deeper. The cheesiness is funny, and the characters are also funny, but they seem to be more like actors then in the first Joe Schmo. In the first one, they all reacted WITH Matt to situations. In this new show, the Schmos seem to be the only ones laughing out loud at the cheesiness! The actors are taking it a bit too seroiusly, maybe. I mean, who could keep a straight face through all of this BUT an actor? It seems unnatural not to laugh at the corny stuff. I will still be glued to this though.

ScarletTDog 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-23-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ScarletTDog Click to send private message to ScarletTDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anyone else disappointed in the first episode?"
Right. There was comraderie in the first season that kept them all on the same "side" and it seems to be missing.

I also think the genuine affection they all had for Matt was key. My husband, who never sat through an episode, was turned off because he *thought* they were all just making fun of this clueless shlub. I tried to explain that that's *not at all* what it was, but it's hard to understand that unless you watched it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •