The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JOE SCHMOE"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-04-03, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JOE SCHMOE"
Is anyone watching Joe Schmoe on Spike TV? It started on 9/2.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JOE SCHMOE kingkida 09-05-03 1
   RE: JOE SCHMOE Guppin1234 09-05-03 2
   RE: JOE SCHMOE pnoeric 09-08-03 13
       RE: JOE SCHMO Guppin1234 09-08-03 16
           RE: JOE SCHMO CyberCooties 01-03-04 32
 RE: JOE SCHMOE CantStandToLook 09-05-03 3
   RE: JOE SCHMOE Guppin1234 09-05-03 4
       RE: JOE SCHMOE CantStandToLook 09-07-03 7
       RE: JOE SCHMOE drgnbear 09-10-03 18
           RE: JOE SCHMOE Guppin1234 09-10-03 19
               RE: JOE SCHMOE drgnbear 09-11-03 20
 RE: JOE SCHMOE dabo 09-07-03 5
   RE: JOE SCHMOE kingkida 09-07-03 6
 RE: JOE SCHMOE kyngsladye 09-07-03 8
   RE: JOE SCHMO Guppin1234 09-07-03 9
   RE: JOE SCHMOE pnoeric 09-08-03 12
   RE: JOE SCHMOE Bebo 09-08-03 14
       RE: JOE SCHMOE pnoeric 09-08-03 15
           RE: JOE SCHMOE Lumster 09-09-03 17
 RE: JOE SCHMOE munson 09-07-03 10
 RE: JOE SCHMO Guppin1234 09-08-03 11
   RE: JOE SCHMO jase 09-14-03 21
 RE: JOE SCHMOE JoeFan 09-15-03 22
   RE: JOE SCHMOE drgnbear 09-15-03 23
       RE: JOE SCHMOE JoeFan 09-15-03 24
           RE: JOE SCHMOE Guppin1234 09-15-03 27
               RE: JOE SCHMOE pnoeric 09-16-03 28
       RE: JOE SCHMOE Guppin1234 09-15-03 26
           RE: JOE SCHMOE drgnbear 09-16-03 29
   RE: JOE SCHMOE Guppin1234 09-15-03 25
 RE: JOE SCHMOE Windster 10-16-03 30
   RE: JOE SCHMOE LynneAndReef 10-16-03 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingkida 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-05-03, 03:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingkida Click to send private message to kingkida Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
YES! I loved it! Very funny and interesting. Great cast as well. I can't wait for next week. Oh yeah, I'm in the show, so....
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-05-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Who do you identify with?

pnoeric 31 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pnoeric Click to send private message to pnoeric Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
who are you on the show? the casting is GREAT, so far, I think Molly (the Virgin) and Kip (the gay guy) are my faves. and of course, Matt, that really is the best casting of ANY reality show ever, I think... when he talked about "tugging on it" to give it some size, I about fell out of my chair.

--
http://ericmueller.org

09-08-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
16. "RE: JOE SCHMO"
Too soon to tell who I identify with. I guess from my perspective now and watching it on television, I suppose I can only relate to the camera person.... just an observer. Hutch comes across as some kind of Nazi intimidator wannabe. The way Gina left was quite comical and at the very end screaming to get the camera out of her face. Over the top at best. Matt is coming across as too righteous and wanting to be everyone's best friend and/or mediator.

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-03-04, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: JOE SCHMO"
No, not the camera man or just an observer, probably you are watching TV from your hospital bed.... just like me.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-03, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Yeah...this is one Reality TV show that I can really get into. Other shows are so obviously manipulated with the producers trying to act like they've done nothing. I love that this one is in your face manipulated and the poor schmoe in many cases is screwing up their plans. Very entertaining.

09-05-03, 12:42 PM (EST)
4. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
"Joe" looks like a complete idiot. Is he really as ditzy as he looks, or do you think he stands a chance later of figuring things out? (I missed the premiere)

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Nope..I think they picked a real winner here. But if I remember correctly when they were each talking about why they came to the show, our dear Joe said because he had nothing better to do. I would imagine that he is just thrilled to be doing any other than delivering pizzas.

He seems like a nice enough guy..just missing half his brain.

drgnbear 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-10-03, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drgnbear Click to send private message to drgnbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
>"Joe" looks like a complete idiot. > Is he really as
>ditzy as he looks, or >do you think he stands
>a chance later of figuring >things out? (I missed the
>premiere)

When I first watched the show I thought that how
could they top everything that had been done.
Especially with Joe Millionaire and the "super secret switch"

And I thought what else but at the last episode
reveal that Matt was actually an actor too and that
the entire show was an actual scam ran on the
actors and the audience themselves.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but some of the things
that he has done in the first 2 episodes has definitely
made me wonder just how much he really knows. Also
if you look at the people and they're past works
it's possible that if he has a decent memory he might
remember 1 or 2 of them in commericals.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Especially
if one of them makes a large blunder and forgets they're
background.

09-10-03, 10:51 PM (EST)
19. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Well..... I don't think he knows. He's just laid back enough to forget about pursuing the blunders. It's getting on my nerves through that he's acting like the leading man when he's not supposed to. He's supposed to be one of many competing the 100 grand. Can you imagine being defended by this man in court? He can't even finish a sentence without going off on some tangent. I wonder sometimes if he has a disability, seriously. Seems like that would leave the network open for a law suit if true. I still don't understand how they can lure people in under one premise and then completely F**K with them later on.

I wish he would do at least one interview to vent his feelings, perhaps after the show is done airing.

09-11-03, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drgnbear Click to send private message to drgnbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Well, that's more common than most people realize.
Especially when you're an emotional person. You let
your emotions decide what you're going to say and
then that internal censor comes in and shuts it down
when you're about to say something stupid.

He comes off as more common than some of the others
including the models and the model wannabes and the
almost models etc.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-03, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Will there be repeats? (Please Please Oh Yes Please?)

kingkida 38 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingkida Click to send private message to kingkida Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
yes, Sunday @ 8:00pm, Spike TV is re-airing the two hour premire episode.

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-07-03, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Joe is the Mole! *j/k* I was watching it tonight and heard the MOLE music playing. Wtf? I wasn't really paying much attention to it until I heard the music and I was on Anderson alert. *laughs*

Seriously, though...couldn't they find some original music?

La Métropole

09-07-03, 09:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: JOE SCHMO"
Subliminals? They could be all over the house. I'll have to see if I can spot any.

09-08-03, 03:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pnoeric Click to send private message to pnoeric Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
yes! I thought I was the only one who caught the Mole music. this show shoudl be a real treat for reality fans, with all the subtle nods (like the way overdramatic Survivor rat/snake speech, brilliant) ...glad that Matt hasn't figured it out yet, it's going to be a freaky ending when the secret's revealed. if I remember right, he is NOT doing press to promote the show, implying that he's a bit pissed off... insane

--

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
I finished watching my tape after reading Draco's summary and was glad that he had pointed it out. Of course, both are Stone Stanley shows, so it's no surprise that they saved a few bucks by recycling music from their other show.

Life is a game where we make up the rules as we go along.

09-08-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
15. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
recycling?! no no, it's all part of making fun of the genre... I applaud them for the subtle stuff like that. I mean, c'mon, the host of the show rode in on a white horse. it's the "pimped-out immunity robe." now THAT'S comedy!

--

Lumster 179 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-03, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lumster Click to send private message to Lumster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
I think the whole riding in on the horse thing was a subtle jab at Joe Millionaire. This show is hilarious but I do think they have to be careful with the over-acting, like what Gina did when she got voted out. That may give it away if it continues to be that bad.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-07-03, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
I enjoyed the satire.

I also noticed Mole music. My guess is that we'll continue to see other subtle nods to other reality shows.

09-08-03, 01:42 AM (EST)
11. "RE: JOE SCHMO"
A bit of a snooze. Matt acts like he's on medication or punch drunk or something.

How many weeks is this show supposed to last?

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-03, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: JOE SCHMO"
I thought it was boring. The "so-called" acting by those in on this joke is very bad and the show isn't put together/thought out very well. If this is the best they can do after a year of preparation, I feel sorry for them. If Matt's level of stupidity was close to or exceeded that of Jessica Simpson and had this show aired before Joe Mil., Mr. Personality, etc..., then this would be worth watching, but it's not. Overall, it's a good idea that ended up being poorly executed.

JoeFan 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeFan Click to send private message to JoeFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Yes, I'm watching Joe Schmoe. I've seen three episodes. Tomorrow, I'll watch the fourth.

The funniest part is the mistakes that the actors make. Like in the first episode when Earl forgets what his underwear was; or the third episode where Molly forgets where she lives, and says she bit her tongue and runs from the room??

I guess Joe/Matt, is just too polite to call them liars. Tee hee.

09-15-03, 04:41 PM (EST)
23. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
>The funniest part is the mistakes
>that the actors make.
>Like in the first episode
>when Earl forgets what his
>underwear was; or the
>third episode where Molly forgets
>where she lives, and says
>she bit her tongue and
>runs from the room??

And when they're just about ready to call it quits
because they know that matt is going to ask them
the deadly question about whether all of this is
real or not.

I'm surpised someone is not taking bets that on
whether he's going to figure it out or not
and who's the one that's going to end up making
the final mistake

JoeFan 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeFan Click to send private message to JoeFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
I think if Matt doesn't know already... he'll never suspect that it is staged.

Who do you think is going to make the next mistake? I think Kip and Hutch are too good of actors... I bet you Molly will blow it again. Remember he leaving the picture of her "boyfriend" in the kitchen?? I think she's not as sharp as the others.

09-15-03, 08:35 PM (EST)
27. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
To me, leaving the picture in the kitchen isn't so much of a faux pas so as to immediately relate that to the thing being staged. Matt made a bigger deal out of it than he should have which could lead one to believe that he knows already, and why is he so immediately into analyzing everything and everybody? He's a bit of a hard read just because he's so fuzzy (speech and thoughts) all the time.

09-16-03, 08:29 PM (EST)
28. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
....and, DID he make a big deal of it? or did the producers ASK him to make a big deal about EVERY "little" thing that happened to him in the house, and what we're seeing is the result of smart editing? oh no, the snake is eating its own tail!!

--
Eric, former reality TV crewmember

09-15-03, 08:31 PM (EST)
26. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
I don't think he figured it out or got paid for not figuring it out - he seems to pissed and humiliated right now. On the other hand, his present day anger could just be another way to generate interest in watching to see why he's so pissed.

Seems like technically he should win the money, but they will throw something in at the end to turn it into a game for the last three to play for the money honey!

09-16-03, 10:08 PM (EST)
29. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
After tonight's episode I go back to one thing that really
keeps me wondering about whether he knows or not.

I can forgive the others acting. Hutch and Molly play
they're role pretty well. Even Brian and the
others play moderately well. But Matt's emotional
outbursts make me wonder just how much he really knows.

There has always been emotions before on the other real
reality tv shows (bet noone ever thought that would be said)
but they always came off as genuine shock, anger, or
even rage. But Matt was more upset because of the eviction
tonight more than the fact that 3 people went with other votes
than what they had agreed with. It almost felt like he
had been announced being dead, not that he was out of the
game.

Too many questions on how people react to things. I thought
Jerry's addition was interesting, but the "#####" role
didn't work tonight. Couple of shocker numbers but
I think they kinda expected it.

I was very irritated because they showed the next week promo
showing everyone except for earl. And we knew that
Ashley wasn't voted off because she was the main topic of
next weeks episode. Poor choice to kill the suspense
of the final vote.

Either way, they have our attention for next weeks episode

09-15-03, 08:26 PM (EST)
25. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Personally, I think he had one too many bong hits while in law school.

Windster 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-03, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Windster Click to send private message to Windster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Hehe..

For some reason, I suspect we are ALL Joe Schmoes. ;)

W~

LynneAndReef 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-16-03, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LynneAndReef Click to send private message to LynneAndReef Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: JOE SCHMOE"
Great first post!!! You are probably right! LOL

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •