The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

ghost cat 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-03-03, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ghost%20cat Click to send private message to ghost%20cat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
Well, it's all over (including the crying), Matt got the cheque, Ralph got his interview, and the actors all got to come clean. I think it was a rather silly way to end the whole thing-- "Okay, I admit it, I'm an actor! But I'm not the only one.... Raise your hand everyone, if you're an actor..." The way that Matt was squeezing those balloons until they popped, I thought he was either going to burst a blood vessel, or strangle someone.

Now for the scary thought. I had this thought in the back of my head since I first heard about the show. Now that it's all over, they got away with it, and no one is suing the network; I think it's even more possible.

After The Mole, Joe Millionaire, and now the Joe Schmo Show, we are officially one desperate mother and one smart lawyer away from having a real-life version of The Truman Show.

OR, if you want to get REALLY scary, The Running Man.

How long can you keep pushing the envelope before there's nothing left to push?

The Ghost Cat

"God has created the cat to give man the pleasure of caressing the tiger."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... plasticmonkey 11-03-03 1
   RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... Guppin1234 11-03-03 3
 RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... Guppin1234 11-03-03 2
   RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... erikman 11-04-03 8
 RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... tron81 11-04-03 4
   RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... Rabies 11-04-03 5
       RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... tron81 11-04-03 7
 RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... tanizaki 11-04-03 6
   RE: Now that it's all over--a scary... ghost cat 11-10-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

plasticmonkey 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-03-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail plasticmonkey Click to send private message to plasticmonkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
I thought the reveal was outstanding. I never could have thought they would do it so well.

And I don't think he could sue, they did give him 100 thousand g's

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-03-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
"And I don't think he could sue, they did give him 100 thousand g's."

That doesn't matter. He was paid for services rendered. However, for problems and side effects arising from the show, Matt may have a case as it is not what he signed up for. Thing is, he's too much of a people pleaser to realize how he's basically been sodomized and exploited. The fee Matt was paid was way too low for what they got in return.

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-03-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
"How long can you keep pushing the envelope before there's nothing left to push?"

So true - the la la land types are pretty much adrenalin junkies, only this time with reality TV, they have found a bonanza ripe for the pickin' with normal people standing in line to be schmo'd in one way or another.

Then when the dark side of show business hits the everyday people that go on these shows, it's a real wake up call.

If they wanted to scare us away from pursing dreams of going into show business, this would be the way to go about it.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-04-03, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
>"How long can you keep pushing
>the envelope before there's nothing
>left to push?"
>
>So true - the la la
>land types are pretty much
>adrenalin junkies, only this time
>with reality TV, they have
>found a bonanza ripe for
>the pickin' with normal people
>standing in line to be
>schmo'd in one way or
>another.
>
>Then when the dark side of
>show business hits the everyday
>people that go on these
>shows, it's a real wake
>up call.
>
>If they wanted to scare us
>away from pursing dreams of
>going into show business, this
>would be the way to
>go about it.
thats what i was afread of when i 1st heard of this show. show writers have been pissed off at realty shows for a long time becouse they are cheeper to make. i think they made a show like this to kill the realty show. i think these people are wanting the sitcoms to come back. i wished ether he sued or he was an actor. now spike wants a pt2 maybe they will get an asshole and he will sue there asses off. if they get another matt no one will watch.
this show sure killed stone stanley creditabilaty who would ever want to do a show they make.

tron81 17 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tron81 Click to send private message to tron81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
There was a reality-based show in Europe that had a group of guys competing for the affections of a beautiful woman. After she picked the guy she liked best, she pulled up her skirt to reveal to them that she was actually a male-to-female transexual! Some of the guys are suing the producers of the show to prevent it from airing.

I think the producers of the Joe Schmo show did a good job not going to far with it. For example, they could have come up with a storyline in which one of the female characters was interested in Matt romantically. Matt might have been really upset when he found out that was all just an act.

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-04-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
Are you kidding. Matt wanted to get down the pants (or up the skirts) of EVERY woman there!

tron81 17 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tron81 Click to send private message to tron81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
Rabies, you're right in that Matt did want to have fun(his word) with all of the girls on the show. He wouldn't have been upset at the producers for that type of storyline one bit.

I was talking more about a storyline in which one of the female characters acted like she was falling for him and they "dated" during the show. When Matt found out her feelings were fake, it would probably have upset him.

tanizaki 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-04-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tanizaki Click to send private message to tanizaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"
>Now for the scary thought. I
>had this thought in the
>back of my head since
>I first heard about the
>show. Now that it's all
>over, they got away with
>it, and no one is
>suing the network; I think
>it's even more possible.
>
>After The Mole, Joe Millionaire, and
>now the Joe Schmo Show,
>we are officially one desperate
>mother and one smart lawyer
>away from having a real-life
>version of The Truman Show.
>
>
>OR, if you want to get
>REALLY scary, The Running Man.

Watch less movies.

ghost cat 19 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-03, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ghost%20cat Click to send private message to ghost%20cat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Now that it's all over--a scary thought"

"Watch less movies."

What, you don't think they'd actually do it if they could? IIRC, there were several attempts to get televised executions. It's not that different.

Besides, I find it amusing that I'm being told I watch too many movies on a forum dedicated to people who are obssessed with TV!

the ghost cat

"God has created the cat to give man the pleasure of caressing the tiger."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •