The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Matt is NOT gullible!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

plasticmonkey 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-03-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail plasticmonkey Click to send private message to plasticmonkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Matt is NOT gullible!"
How anyone expected him to know is beyond me. Picture yourself in a reality show, never in your wildest dreams would you think it is not actually a reality show. Sure, it may seem wierd, strange... and you may have lingering suspicions that something strange is going on, but to take little slip ups and conclude that the entire thing is one big prank all about you and everyone you have gotten to know is fake, I mean, no one would have got that. It may seem obvious to us cuz we knew, but I know when I heard about it, I thought "wow, what a sweet idea, I would never have thought of that!". So why should Matt have?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Matt is NOT gullible! mostchillinchick 11-03-03 1
   RE: Matt is NOT gullible! CaliGirl 11-03-03 2
       RE: Matt is NOT gullible! Guppin1234 11-03-03 4
 RE: Matt is NOT gullible! Guppin1234 11-03-03 3
   RE: Matt is NOT gullible! mostchillinchick 11-03-03 5
       RE: Matt is NOT gullible! Jpod5 11-03-03 6
           RE: Matt is NOT gullible! Guppin1234 11-03-03 7
           RE: Matt is NOT gullible! mostchillinchick 11-04-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mostchillinchick 9 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mostchillinchick Click to send private message to mostchillinchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Matt is NOT gullible!"
What Plasticmonkey wrote is absolutely completely 100% true.... I was trying to explain that to so many people!!! Glad someone else feels the same!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CaliGirl 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-03-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CaliGirl Click to send private message to CaliGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Matt is NOT gullible!"
I think that Matt has done a splendid job of "playing the game." Anyone of us could apply to a "reality" show and be so thrilled at being accepted that we would just go along with anything and everything. After all, there is a big prize at the end, isn't there?

This is exactly what Matt did. There was no way for him to realize that these people were actors, and let's face it, after a while they all got sucked into the show.

It was a great show/morality play that illustrated how real/not real these shows are.

Matt was a special guy. He had character, which is a lot more than I can say for the low-lifes of Big Brother, and yes, even that icon, Survivor.

Good for Matt. I just hope he doesn't surface on "Surreal World."

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-03-03, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Matt is NOT gullible!"
I think just about anywhere Matt should 'pop up' would be good. I'd like to see more of him outside of that environment.

The Man Show?

11-03-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Matt is NOT gullible!"
I know. We talked about this on many a thread.

If Matt did suspect something, he just would have suspected 'something' not immediately that these were all actors.

The closest he came was with the fake TV exec, and I so wanted him to push. He could have pushed every one of the characters but he just decided to be too laid back, and I wanted to smack him for it. It would have so much of a better show if he had tried to be less of a good guy and more challenging.

Questioning inconsistencies doesn't make you a bad person! It just makes you less of a schmo!

11-03-03, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mostchillinchick Click to send private message to mostchillinchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Matt is NOT gullible!"
>>>Questioning inconsistencies doesn't make you a bad person! It just makes you less of a schmo!<<<

But that's just his personality.... you can't blame him for being a bit naive because you would have done something different..... the guy they picked was perfect and he proved he's a good guy with good decent morals and I think quite a few people in the world could learn something from him.

Jpod5 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-03-03, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jpod5 Click to send private message to Jpod5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Matt is NOT gullible!"
It was almost a contradiction though. He's SO honest and open that he often entered unhindered into what most would consider 'uncomfortable' situations.
1-he outed kip after a few minutes
2-he cleared the air with the molly/ashleigh 'tiff'
3-he confronted hutch repeatedly
4-he got in the network exec's face about contract issues

But, he just wouldn't ask an uncomfortable question of the others' slip ups. Why wouldn't he have gone off on someone he thought was lying to him? (i.e. question earl about an obvious lie). I agree with Guppin, would have been much more interesting had he done that...although it may have ended the show...

11-03-03, 09:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Matt is NOT gullible!"
I'm not sure if it would have ended the show prematurely, because they were instructed to deny it to the bitter end, but it would have made for a lot more drama and spice. I still hope they cast Matt as the Lesbian in JS2.

11-04-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Matt is NOT gullible!"
<<<<<It was almost a contradiction though. He's SO honest and open that he often entered unhindered into what most would consider 'uncomfortable' situations.
1-he outed kip after a few minutes
2-he cleared the air with the molly/ashleigh 'tiff'
3-he confronted hutch repeatedly
4-he got in the network exec's face about contract issues
But, he just wouldn't ask an uncomfortable question of the others' slip ups. Why wouldn't he have gone off on someone he thought was lying to him? (i.e. question earl about an obvious lie). I agree with Guppin, would have been much more interesting had he done that...although it may have ended the show...>>>>

All those things you mentioned (1,2,3,4) those were not slip ups those were situations that you even said were ones that most would consider 'uncomfortable' so Matt being the guy he is confronted all of them..... the actual slip ups, it's just in Matt's character, he didn't even catch on because he's so trusting of other people and he doesn't know any of these people from adam anyways so how would he know if they're truly 'lying' or 'slipping up'?? I do agree fully with both of you that it would have made for interesting tv but to be honest that just shows how genuine Matt is!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •