The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Traces 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-27-03, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex"
Just found this article on the the Joe Scmo links:

http://www.canada.com/calgary/news/story.asp?id=E3C6B885-04AD-469C-9F7A-39688AB65FB3

Here is an excerpt:

According to Debra Fazio, director of communications for Spike TV, Gould's niceness has struck a chord with the show's average 1.2 million viewers (an increase of 54 per cent since its debut) across North America.

"We get an incredible amount of fan mail, mostly from women," she says of the show on the network devoted to male viewers. "They write 'Is he that nice?' and 'I want to marry him.' "

Fazio says he's the real deal. "What you see on TV is what you see in real life," she says of Gould, who -- sorry ladies -- has since reconciled with his law school girlfriend. "He's the nicest guy, a real sweet midwesterner."

...But I'm from Pittsburgh!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If anyone cares...Just read Mat... erikman 10-27-03 1
   RE: If anyone cares...Just read Mat... Traces 10-27-03 2
   RE: If anyone cares...Just read Mat... OceansAngel16 10-28-03 6
       RE: If anyone cares...Just read Mat... Guppin1234 10-29-03 8
 RE: If anyone cares...Just read Mat... woeisme1 10-28-03 3
   RE: If anyone cares...Just read Mat... Traces 10-28-03 4
       Thanks again woeisme1 10-28-03 5
       RE: If anyone cares...Just read Mat... Guppin1234 10-29-03 9
 RE: If anyone cares...Just read Mat... Nonnie 10-29-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-27-03, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex"
gould hit a goldmine now she wants him back humm
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-27-03, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Traces Click to send private message to Traces Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex"
What surprises me is that he took her back! Especially now he can have all the fake blondes and fake breasts he wants!

OceansAngel16 172 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceansAngel16 Click to send private message to OceansAngel16 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex"
I feel so bad for that guy.. A lot of these people are only paying attention to him because he was on TV.. They probably wouldn't have given him a second glance if they had met him at the rec center he plays basketball at with his friends, or if they met him at the bar, they'd probably think he is a creep that way... Sad.. sad world we live in.. Ah well.. Thats humanity for ya

His girlfrind probably only got back with him for the reason you stated, he won a lot of money...But, I guess he is under a hell of a lot of stress from this whole ordeal.. Or do they really care for eachother? Ah well.. We will never know..

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-29-03, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-03 AT 02:41 AM (EST)

I agree with that. They seemed especially superficial on the finale show, especially Garmand. He was looking at him like he couldn't stand the guy. Where did Matt get this ego? His parents seemed mainstream normal, but I'm not from Pittsburg.

Stress over what? $100k for 9 days of work and someone calling you a Schmo for five minutes? That's not the worst that he's been called in his lifetime unless he's lived an incredibly sheltered life. This is the first time that I've ever questioned Matt's credibility, but it's probably due to something about the show that we'll never hear about.

Sarcasm is
not a crime!

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-03, 04:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex"
Thanks Traces!! And I do care.

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

10-28-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex(MAJORSPOILERS)"
(POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILERS)

I found a conflicting article from Dallas saying he has a new girlfriend. I can't post the link because I had to join the Dallas registration in order to read it. So instead I will put the Joe Schmo links thread instead. I will also post the article itself. The reason I put possible major spoilers was because the article below mentions NOT about tonight's show, but it does however tells how Matt feels NOW. So if you still want to know read on....

Joe Schmo Links:

http://www.sirlinksalot.net/joeschmo.html

Last chance not to read!...

You might regret it!.....

Seriously I kind of wished I didn't!...

Ah who knows it could be a elaborate hoax anyway to fool the media and the audience!.....

Okay if that's how you want it!!!....

Joe Schmo won't bite the hand that tricked him
05:22 PM CST on Sunday, October 26, 2003

By MANUEL MENDOZA / The Dallas Morning News

Joe Schmo wants you to know he's not mad.

"I've been treated very well," says the unwitting reality star, whose real name is Matt Kennedy Gould. "I'm certainly not going to begrudge them for wanting to make a solid TV show."

In this case, good treatment not to be begrudged is a Truman Show -style con job Spike TV pulled on the 28-year-old law-school dropout. He was duped into playing the title character on the cable network's Joe Schmo Show.

The producers surrounded him with a cast of actors portraying various reality-TV types – the Schemer, the Virgin, the Gay Guy. They lived together for nine days, participating in games and rituals that parodied such reality staples as Big Brother.

Mr. Gould was told he was on a show called Lap of Luxury with a $100,000 prize at stake. How he reacted when he found out the truth is something like a state secret, to be revealed Tuesday. Now, Mr. Gould says, he's happy to be starring in his own series. He has a new girlfriend and plans to pursue his options in show business.

As for those who say he should have seen through such satirical elements as the tacky "immunity robe" and the "Hands on a High-Priced Hooker" competition, he says, "Of course, I thought things were weird. But you just chalk it up to the oddities of reality television. ... Show me the guy who's going to guess that a multimillion dollar project is based around him and I'll show you a Harvard grad."

For the record, Mr. Gould attended Penn State.

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Thanks again"
Traces, you are getting good at digging stuff up my friend.
I don't really care which girl he got, I'm just still glad he got the girl. He's such an awesome fella.

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-29-03, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex(MAJORSPOILERS)"
Tell me you're joking. This was a multi-million-dollar project?

Sarcasm is not
a crime!

Nonnie 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-29-03, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nonnie Click to send private message to Nonnie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If anyone cares...Just read Matt got back with the ex"
I'm glad to hear that. He is such a sweetie. Such an honest human being. I hope that he is happy, happy , happy!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •