The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Talk About Butt Kissing!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Duotone 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-29-03, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Duotone Click to send private message to Duotone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Talk About Butt Kissing!"
Oh my, what a sell job they did on Matt--"It's all for you because you're so wonderful and great! How does it feel to be a star of your own show! Here's a bunch of money and a bunch of other crap! Will you be the next Pope? What's it like to come from a virgin birth?" My, oh my, how funny and deceptive. I wanted to see his reaction when he discovered the name of the show. They actually told him they were looking for the most genuine, nice person for the show and forgot to mention the word "sucker" and "gullible" and "distorted self-image". After it's all said and done though, I like Matt, he's a good guy but I can't get past the inexcusable ass-kissing they did on him and his ridiculous comments like "I'm from Pittsburgh" accompanied by some gang-like hand gesture. If you saw his home you'd notice his family is well-off yet he wants to give money to his mom to "build an empire" of Schmo's. Oh well, it was entertaining but everyone involved was decieved, especially the viewer by Spike TV--the show was good enough without editing it to lead you on or confuse you--that is extremely irritating for viewers.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 An analogy ("Kip" would like this o... Indigo Kid 10-29-03 1
 RE: Talk About Butt Kissing! Rabies 10-30-03 2
   Hollywood for Dummies Guppin1234 10-31-03 3
 RE: Talk About Butt Kissing! mostchillinchick 10-31-03 4
   RE: Talk About Butt Kissing! Tilwee 10-31-03 5
       RE: Talk About Butt Kissing! Guppin1234 11-01-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Indigo Kid 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-29-03, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Indigo%20Kid Click to send private message to Indigo%20Kid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "An analogy ("Kip" would like this one)"
You know, personally, I don't think he's a sucker. I didn't the whole time. It's like we're all Alex Trebek, holding the answers (or.. questions if you will ha HA). It is easy for us, or Alex, to think a person is gullible, a sucker, simple-minded, dim-witted etc... when we are given the answers. Yeah, we all know that its not real. But, when you're in the situation, its probably not as easy. Yeah, things seem strange. But, you don't know. You just assume its real.

Matt tells the truth, he expects the same from everyone else. He is instinctively, a friend. He cares for people. He loves. He trusts. I think that Matt is admirable. I'm going to focus on the positive with this guy.

If everyone was like Matt, we wouldn't have suckers, or gullible people. It's too bad. Yeah Matt, you rocked my world. Breathes of fresh air are so nice to see.

I think Willie Wonka put it best,

"and so shines a good deed in weary world."

Later skaters,
Dan

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Rabies 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-30-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rabies Click to send private message to Rabies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Talk About Butt Kissing!"
Yeah i hated the whole sugary sweetness of it all. Made me think perhaps it was a way to grease him up so that he wouldn't think to sue them.

Looks like he swallowed it all up though, as now he's gonna try acting in Los Angeles?! What a doof. They pulled the wool over his eyes a little to far.

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-31-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Hollywood for Dummies"
It's typical of a total schmoozing scenario as replayed over and over again in la la land, especially when sHOw people are in the hot seat.

If we were at the zoo, we'd be watching the monkeys throwing feces at the people.

When the production guy said, "Even if he does ask you over and over again if you're actors, deny it to the bitter end no matter how hard Matt pushes."

The aforementioned attitude resonates in just about every interaction with la la types. Normal people beware!

Please don't edit me!
Please don't edit me!

mostchillinchick 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mostchillinchick Click to send private message to mostchillinchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Talk About Butt Kissing!"
<Oh my, what a sell job they did on Matt--"It's all for you because you're so wonderful and great! How does it feel to be a star of your own show! Here's a bunch of money and a bunch of other crap! Will you be the next Pope? What's it like to come from a virgin birth?" My, oh my, how funny and deceptive.>

Couldn't have been said better, it's true that they buttered him up a whole lot cuz he could have taken it a hell of a lot worse!! He's just such a nice guy that he got phased by it and then didnt think about it... I would have also loved to see his reaction after he saw all the shows and the way they made him look like he was sooooo confused all the time and the way they just manipulated it. Anyways, Matt's a very cool guy in my books anyways so at least he got all this stuff out of it and it was only 10 days, I thought it was a few months for some reason so when I found out he had only been in the house for 10 days it didn't seem too much worse.....

Tilwee 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-31-03, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tilwee Click to send private message to Tilwee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Talk About Butt Kissing!"
In all fairness to Matt; After all that buttered-up talk remember when he spoke up and said something like: Wait a minute, this show wasn't made for me. You already had the idea and people in place. So don't say this show was made for me.

I think they tried to make him look like a schmo if he would have bought into all that show talk. He may be gulliable but he's not stupid. You can do a lot of editing but you can't hide a good heart, good intentions or a good man.

I like Matt. He is a stand-up kinda guy and you don't find many out there like him. All present company excluded, of course!

I also think it is wonderful of him to want to share his money with his family and build an empire !! Will he do it ??? I don't know but his intentions are good.
And even though it looks like his parents are well-off, you NEVER know about someone's financial situation. They may be just getting by. Appearances aren't always the truth.

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-01-03, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Talk About Butt Kissing!"
"In all fairness to Matt; After all that buttered-up talk remember when he spoke up and said something like: Wait a minute, this show wasn't made for me. You already had the idea and people in place. So don't say this show was made for me."

Matt can be pretty quick that way, and those hollywood types can be so slick, you really have to be on your toes at all times where most of us need to re-read the transcript to catch things like that, but then your shining moment to put the smarmy types in their places is gone.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •