The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No tea for me, thanks..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

BoyWndr 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-13-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"No tea for me, thanks..."
I don't normally post in bashers because I can never find anything witty enough to say to be basher worthy but the detour choises last night really irked me.

What was up with every team choosing the tea task? Do they all have Rocks for brains?

IMHO, the Coal task would have been much faster, a perfect opportunity to get ahead. Instead they take the moronic route of choosing to go running around in a completely foreign environment looking for people whose names they cannot even pronounce. Any time teams can avoid running around strange city (or in this case a strange buolding in a strange city) looking for people/things, They should do so. U/J squandered an oportunity to get ahead, and Rob proved that he may not be as smart as many over in fanatics give him credit for.

My girlfriend wondered if the teams have to base thier detour decision on the title of the task? (similar, i think, to the way the road block decision works). Anyone care to comment?

"Golly, The batcomputer is none too frisky today, Batman."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No tea for me, thanks... kvasir 04-13-05 1
 RE: No tea for me, thanks... Seana 04-13-05 2
   RE: No tea for me, thanks... BoyWndr 04-13-05 4
       RE: No tea for me, thanks... Drive My Car 04-13-05 9
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... kvasir 04-13-05 14
               RE: No tea for me, thanks... Seana 04-13-05 19
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... iatovttotx78 04-13-05 21
               RE: No tea for me, thanks... Drive My Car 04-14-05 28
                   RE: No tea for me, thanks... iatovttotx78 04-14-05 32
   RE: No tea for me, thanks... tn_peachie 04-13-05 22
       RE: No tea for me, thanks... okaychatt 04-18-05 35
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... Jealousy 04-18-05 37
   RE: No tea for me, thanks... Jealousy 04-13-05 25
 RE: No tea for me, thanks... nailbone 04-13-05 3
   RE: No tea for me, thanks... trudy 04-13-05 5
       RE: No tea for me, thanks... kvasir 04-13-05 15
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... nailbone 04-14-05 31
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... okaychatt 04-18-05 36
       RE: No tea for me, thanks... Tahj 04-13-05 18
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... tn_peachie 04-13-05 23
               RE: No tea for me, thanks... Swami 04-14-05 30
   RE: No tea for me, thanks... BoyWndr 04-13-05 6
       RE: No tea for me, thanks... ginger 04-13-05 7
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... BoyWndr 04-13-05 11
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... Spidey 04-13-05 12
           RE: No tea for me, thanks... tn_peachie 04-13-05 24
 Teams worn out weltek 04-13-05 8
 RE: No tea for me, thanks... choochoo 04-13-05 10
   RE: No tea for me, thanks... GameOver3 04-13-05 16
       RE: No tea for me, thanks... joatmon 04-13-05 20
       RE: No tea for me, thanks... TARJUNKIE999 04-14-05 27
 RE: No tea for me, thanks... Tahj 04-13-05 13
 RE: No tea for me, thanks... zipperhead 04-13-05 17
   RE: No tea for me, thanks... TARugh 04-14-05 29
 RE: No tea for me, thanks... Jealousy 04-13-05 26
   RE: No tea for me, thanks... BoyWndr 04-14-05 33
 RE: No tea for me, thanks... Ruthless 04-15-05 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kvasir 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-13-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
1. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
My thoughts exactly. I'd think the tea task was hard and was surprised that all the teams ended up doing the same task. had that happened before?

I would choose the coal task if it was me. It also showed none of the remaining teams feel confident enough in the strength department, which is probably true. If the brothers are still in the race they would probably pick the coal task.

Really, the task isn't that tough. coal is easy enough to chop into small pieces to put in the bag as they are pretty brittle. 100 kg (i can't remember the exact required weight) can be carried easily by 2 ppl on to the cart. Was it only one person can bike over or could they alternate if one got tired? That would be a quick task to do i would think.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
2. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I'd have picked the coal one too. I was really surprised that Uchenna and Joyce didn't pick that one. They are young and strong. Maybe Ron and Kelly could have done it, but they did so badly schlepping books...

M/G and L/A don't seem like very physical teams to me, so no surprise there. And Rob is well-suited to any task that involves interacting with people, so no surprise there, either.

And? That tea looked disgusting. When Gretchen said she could use some tea and Meredith agreed? I shuddered.

It looked like sludge. Ew.

04-13-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
Ha!Ha! I totally agree! We were laughing about the tea too last night. Looked like they made it with muddy water or something...It must have smelt good otherwise I have to question Gretchen's senility even more than I do now.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
9. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I believe it was Chai, and not "tea" like we are used to.
It looked to have milk in it.

04-13-05, 05:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
yep just how the brits like them. They have a similar thing in Hong Kong. Red tea with milk.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 08:01 PM (EST)
19. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
By golly, you learn something new every day!

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-13-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
21. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 10:38 PM (EST)

I thought it looked yummy, but then again, I love me some Chai tea, and I always take my tea with milk. Yum Yum!

~Tim~

fighting for peace is like fvcking for virginity.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 08:00 AM (EST)
28. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
We thought it looked yummy too.
I love milk in tea and want to try chai, I hear it's wonderful.
As soon as they started the task, my daughter decided she wanted tea and made us each a cup to sip while watching.

( we had herb tea though, it was too late for her to have caffiene on a school night)

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-14-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
32. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
Oh Buggy, you really must try the Chai. March yourself to the nearest starbucks and get yourself some. It's devine....

~Tim~

If you like add some cinamon to it.

tn_peachie 77 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 10:47 PM (EST)
22. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
It was chai, not tea. Indian chai is the best I have ever had. It is a "spicy" tea. Indians drink chai all of the time. When you ride on the train in India at every stop, vendors come on to the train to sell the chai. The vendors walk up and down the aisle saying, "Chai, Chai, Chai."

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-18-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
35. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
<vendors come on to the train to sell the chai. The vendors walk up and down the aisle saying, "Chai, Chai, Chai."

Hmmmmm - sure they're not trying to tell the racers they're on the Choo Choo?

Sorry - couldn't resist.

P.S. How is that pronounced? Hard "c" or "ch"? (I don't want to be laughed at in Starbucks.)

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Jealousy 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-18-05, 07:10 PM (EST)
37. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
Chai is pronounced like the ch in church. Or it better be, because that's how I've been saying it...

04-13-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
25. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
Awww!

I thought the tea looked delicious! It looked like milk tea to me, and I drink that with the tapioca pearls in it or straight from a can. Yum! But I prefer it cold rather than hot.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
3. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I think they had to get 175 lbs of coal, which Meredith said was how much he weighed. All the teams are man/woman except L&A and we've seen they're not much in the strength department. The brothers might have done the coal option, but being male/male would make that the smarter choice.

And I think R&A handled it perfectly, much better than the others, when they found the local guy to take them to the different departments in the building to find the folks on the list.

But what was Rob getting on to that one guy about? Did he not want to take the tea or give them a card or what? And what was up with that one guy taking tea from M&G when he wasn't on their list?

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
5. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I was certain Rob would pick the coal because he figured out the book thing so efficiently, so that really fooled me.

The locals started playing little games with the teams towards the end of the task, pretending to be someone else. Can you say "I want to get my face on intern'l TV?" Their little local joke I presume.

All the racers seemed pretty testy and fatigued last night. I even noticed a little edge to Rob who normally stays pretty cool and collected. Gretchen was obviously completely blanking out and exhausted. But every team seemed jetlagged or something.

04-13-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
15. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
yeah. gretchen almost got fooled. I was wondering why there's a crowd. All these ppl milling about wanting to get on TV i guess. Don't they have somewhere to be, something to do, someone to see?

How was that list organised? Was it by department? If not how did they know which department to look for? Don't forget seems like the signs are in Hindi. Didn't look like there were directories to go by like we do in office buildings.

I think Rob was getting quite rude to the point of yelling there distributing the tea. Kelly was definitely not in a good mood, screaming at ppl to get out of the way.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
31. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
i think the list contained both the name and the department of the person they were to find.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-18-05, 06:15 PM (EST)
36. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
<wanting to get on TV i guess. Don't they have somewhere to be, something to do, someone to see?

Aw heck - can't say I blame them. If a tv crew were to come to corporate America, the same thing would happen, don't you think?

I think they were just having some fun at the expense of the extremely fatigued racers.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-13-05, 06:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
All the racers seemed pretty testy and fatigued last night. I even noticed a little edge to Rob who normally stays pretty cool and collected. Gretchen was obviously completely blanking out and exhausted. But every team seemed jetlagged or something.

Jet lag might have been some of it, but I think it really had to do with functioning in India. I was there for six weeks years ago and dealing with all the people, the traffic, the heat, the poverty, and the filth is truly exhausting.

Moves courtesy of Syren

04-13-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
23. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I agree Tahj, it is tough in India. It is very stressful, especially as a Westerner. When I was there, being blonde and blue eyed, I stood out like a sore thumb in crowds. No matter where I was I knew I was always being stared at. After awhile, the stress of being constantly watched is extremely stressful.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
30. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
Agree it is very discombobulating to walk around in a place where the local culture has no inhibitions on staring at people. Until you have walked around in India and been stared at with their particular unwavering intensity & thoroughness, you have no idea how stressful it is.

I think delivering the tea sounded like a respite from the staring. You get to go inside a nice office building (and hopefully away from the crowds of starers.) Plus "tea" just sounds easy & comforting.

04-13-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
6. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

>I think they had to
>get 175 lbs of coal,
>which Meredith said was how
>much he weighed. All
>the teams are man/woman except
>L&A and we've seen they're
>not much in the strength
>department. The brothers might
>have done the coal option,
>but being male/male would make
>that the smarter choice.

The coal option is the smarter choice for any able bodied team, not jsut the all male ones. 175 lbs, split into two bags, and carried on the back of a delivery cart is not really that strenous. M/G would have been the only team that fouind it difficult. Certainly no more than running up and down stairs in an office building with no elevators.

besides, the tea task left a lot up to chance. Finding the right people/ floor dept... or some schmo to help you out. In a race like this, I would want to be the captain of my fate as much as possible. Culture shock is enough of a factor in this race as it is, why add an extra element of chance to the equation when you don't have to.

"Golly, The batcomputer is none too frisky today, Batman." - Robin, The Boy Wonder

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
Heck, every time you hoist your kid onto your hip it can be about 50 lbs. It wouldn't have taken long to hoist 175.

I wonder if the heat and humidity of India made everyone go the less physical route.

04-13-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I think it's the rocks in thier brains...

"Golly, The batcomputer is none too frisky today, Batman." - Robin, The Boy Wonder

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I agree with Ginger. I think they were all too damn tired to want to break up coal. Expect for M&G, who I think felt they could not physically do the coal, all of other teams just let their exhaustion get the better them and they chose the longer task.

04-13-05, 10:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
They were in India, in late November - early December, it wouldn't be that hot or humid. I was in Lucknow during July, and it was extremely hot and humid (and I am a southerner used to hot, humid summers). It can be exhausting.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
8. "Teams worn out"
The teams are tired, not eating that well and yes, most had a woman with less strength than the man.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-13-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
10. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
Looks like TAR has become the instrument of it's own destruction. The racers are savy to previous race strategies and refuse to "take a risk" (let alone think of something) so long as there is another team behind them. If it weren't for Romber, this season would be a real snoozer. Fear of failure and looking bad in front of their teammate as well as the rest of the Tuesday night viewing audience has made for pablum TV.

TAR Rules for Lemmings
Rule #1 - See what Romber does.
Rule #2 - Do exactly the same thing (and don't screw up)
Rule #3 - Start again from Rule #1

GameOver3 51 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
16. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
>TAR Rules for Lemmings
>Rule #1 - See what Romber
>does.
>Rule #2 - Do exactly the
>same thing (and don't screw
>up)
>Rule #3 - Start again from
>Rule #1

What is with you people! Everyone thinks they are following Romber. Its only looking that way because Romber are ahead of them. Like they had any idea what they were doing. I think Ron/Kelly were the only team near them when they left.

If people wanted to lose, they'd follow Romber. Because eventually, dumber than rocks and Lamber will fail and morons who follow them will be SOL unless they can distract Lamber with another sheep.

joatmon 68 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
>>>Its only looking that way because Romber are ahead of them.<<<
That made me laugh. But you left out 'always'.

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-14-05, 00:31 AM (EST)
27. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."

..."What is with you people!"...

Well, thanks for clearing that up. I was worried for a minute there that you were one of "us" people. Now we know better.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-13-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
13. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I think the coal task sounded harder than it actually was and was probably why no team chose it. Also, remember, it's in India, where it's hot, dirty, and congested, so that can make anything 10 times harder.

Moves courtesy of Syren

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-13-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 06:42 PM (EST)

For what it's worth, I definitely think Uchena and joyce should have done the coal. That guy could probably haul a hundred pounds on his own, without a cart.

Besides, the coal challenge was only a mile away while the tea challenge was 3 miles away.

Some have said that the Racers may have been too tired. But from what? They started their day by taking a small plane between towns in Africa, then a jet to India. What would have worn them out?

A missed opportunity, I think, for someone to pass R/A.

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 09:54 AM (EST)
29. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
Flights can wear anybody out. They've been at this for a long time now.

However, I think its a little of both fatigue and the 3 rules. I'm sticking with choochoo on this one. Everyone is too concerned with Romber to figure out another strategy.

04-13-05, 11:11 PM (EST)
26. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I think unlike the roadblock task, where it seems that the contestants can only decide who will do the task based on the title, the detour task, the contestants are allowed to read the instructions. I notice contestants discussing amongst themselves about which sounded easier. If I remember correctly, in season 6, I think, there were people who were trying to decide whether they wanted to ice climb or ice search and they were debating if the 7 mile radius?? (is that correct) would make the ice search long and difficult. I also think that Debbie and Bianca debated on whether the llama task or the basket task would be easier. Not sure if one brought up the distance they had to walk if they did the basket task.

04-14-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
33. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
I think you're right, that they do have all the information at thier disposal at the time of decision, but it seemed like last night they all made up their minds only by reading the task title. of course that could have been editing.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-05, 06:33 AM (EST)
34. "RE: No tea for me, thanks..."
It could be that the racers didn't realise how easy coal is to break up. They were probably thinking that it was more like granite and would have been really difficult to do.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •