The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ray and Deana lost because........"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-31-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
Heck, Ray and Deana didn't loose because they bickered with each other. They didn't loose because they were too slow at the challenges.

They lost by about 5 seconds in a footrace to the pitstop.

If they had kept driving, instead of stopping to check on the brothers, they would not have been eliminated. If they had continued on as R/A had done, they would still be in the race and the brothers would be gone.

No good deed goes unpunished.

'cause it's a RACE, Phil.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ Ellehcar71 03-31-05 1
   RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ okaychatt 03-31-05 6
 RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ ARnutz 03-31-05 2
 RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ mikey 03-31-05 3
 RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ rasslinmomma 03-31-05 4
   RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ bury_those_cockroaches 03-31-05 5
   RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ gengin 03-31-05 7
       RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ kvasir79 03-31-05 8
           RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ ftaok 04-04-05 11
 RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ romber_team_wins 04-02-05 9
 RE: Ray and Deana lost because........ louislam 04-03-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-31-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
>If they had kept driving, instead
>of stopping to check on
>the brothers, they would not
>have been eliminated.

I don't think they did stop. I thought only Lynn/Alex actually stopped. Maybe they slowed down to check, which I suppose would have cost them 5 seconds.

I disagree with you, though. They lost because of their inability to accomplish the task together. If they had, they would have been way ahead of the brothers, and running would not been an issue.

On the Early Show, they blamed the African "judge" for their loss. Can't they take responibilty for their loss, especially after seeing themselves on TV?!?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-31-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
<On the Early Show, they blamed the African "judge" for their loss

How sad that R/D aren't embarrassed that their obnoxiousness was visible to someone halfway around the world.

I lvoed that she wouldn't cut them any slack on that task. They hadn't filled that basket to the line. She didn't play Ron's game - he had to play hers. HA!

Hmmmmmm - who else thinks that might have been the first woman he's encountered that refused to obey his every command?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
Interesting, but we'll never know, huh?

It's still possible that Brian & Greg could have beat them anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't actually stop and get out of the truck right? How long did that take? OK, maybe it was 5 seconds. Perhaps it was only 2 to 3 seconds.

I think they only paused, yelled out the window and continued on. I don't exactly call that a good deed, a clear concern for others... yes, but a good deed... no.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-31-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
I agree with your point that five seconds at that point could have made a difference -- and how can one know at that point? but I do not think it actually did make the difference in R & D's case (assuming that they lost five seconds by slowing down their car):

Let's say R & D were five seconds faster getting to the food/water detour, and left for the final Humvee ride 5 secoonds earlier, I still think given the basically no room to pass and B & G right behind R & D in the final driving stretch the two vehicles would still have been in the same position when they got out of the cars and started the footrace. In a two lane race it could have been determinative.

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-31-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
Sorry everyone, I was trying a lame attempt at sarcasm. Guess I didn't use enough smileys.

I know they merely slowed down to check on the bros, but I figured if the deceleration and acceleration cost them 5 sec, I could blame their loss on the bros. After all, L&A blamed their loss of position on the wreck, didn't they?

Must use more smileys.

bury_those_cockroaches 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-31-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
It matters not to me why or how. What matters to me is: they are gone. Now if Lynn and Alex can hit the road next and be gone, I would be so very, very, very happy.

gengin 22 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 04:58 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
1st) as stated they did not stop, the brothers waived them on.
2nd )had they not been bickering at the challenge that 5 sec. or 5 min. would have not been an issue.
3rd.) Had they perhaps selected the water challenge as the brothers and Rob/Amber did they would have completed the task sooner.
4. )Going back to my second point, it was there inability to work continuous at the task of grinding the corn, fighting and stopping and blaming everyone else. (Heck Meredith and Gretchen had more of a disadvantage -age and strength at the challenge but finished be for the feuding duo)
5.) As they were driving to the last stop, the brothers out drove them, got out faster and not talked about "should we take our bags" then they out ran them.
A team that works together wins together.

kvasir79 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-31-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
yeah exactly. Haven't these teams learned to just leave their bags behind and get out of their cars and run when they KNOW that it's going to be a pit stop?

Sometimes these teams arrive at the pit stop via taxi or public transportation where they have to bring their stuff, but otherwise you'll spot the stupid teams with poor planning skills bringing all their gear with them and fumbling with it while running when they had just driven themselves to the pit stop.

Also there's no excuse really, the team's inability to work together at the corn task costed them the race. I mean there's no excuse when at least two (i can't remember exactly how many) teams past them at the challenge. It was very clear where they fell apart.

ftaok 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-04-05, 07:06 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
>yeah exactly. Haven't these teams learned
>to just leave their bags
>behind and get out of
>their cars and run when
>they KNOW that it's going
>to be a pit stop?
>

I don't know if this has even been discussed before, but I've been thinking this for a while.

There should be a rule that if you don't have your bags with you on the Pit Stop mat, then you lose the use of any items in your bags for the duration of the "Mandatory Rest Period". It would affect the teams in the front, but if it comes down to a footrace for last, then the teams have a big decision to make.

romber_team_wins 23 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
Ray was a meanie.

" Holy Cannoli ! "

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-03-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ray and Deana lost because........"
That 5 seconds (If they really wasted 5 seconds for slowing down) didn't cost anything. Because even they didn't slow down, they would waste that 5 seconds anyway. They would probably worked slower if they didn't see B/G were on their heels, or B/G would catch that 5 seconds by driving and running faster. The footrace was quite long and B/G seemed running a lot faster than R/D (Being ironic, they are OLD people compared to B/G). B/G could win anyway. It just likes Freddy/Kendra and Jonathan/Victoria case in last season.

Maybe if R/D could stop arguing they could save more than 5 seconds, which could make them finish faster.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •